BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 43 NEXT

tony2077:
snip

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase don't stop quoting him!

It's hilarious!

Zeel:

tony2077:

Zeel:

You haven't convinced me of anything because guess what? Your defence is the only baseless thing here. "Companies will lie to you for money" isn't a conspiracy. It's a fact. If you don't think so, you're just naive as a motherfucker. You want to go about having a discussion, you need to come at me with a practical argument. I've consistently debunked all your points. Thats why you keep coming in different topics and looking for the 'perfect opportunity' to try again. Like you're doing now. If you wish to debate, I need an actual argument.

This, "they dont understand because they dont want to" is the biggest load of bullshit I ever did see. Could it just be that your argument is filled with holes? That using the companies word as a base for an argument, is standing on shaky grounds? did that ever occur to you? Did it ever occur to you that all the contrary evidence still hasn't been debunked and that you my friend still have not legitmate defence for EA games. Oh other than "IZ THEIR GAME" AND ITS MY FUCKING MONEY.

damn how about stop acting like your god and what you know is fact and I'm not getting dragged into this bullshit with you now kindly go away

THEN YOU NEED TO STOP QUOTING ME TONY.
You only get "dragged" into it because you come in these arguments go "Zeel is not going to listen!!!" and then you just stay indefinitely waiting for me to respond.

YOU have no argument, you know this. STOP PRETENDING YOU DO.

What am I claiming isn't fact?

Companies will lie for profit. Fact
Prothean was in leaks. fact
Prothean was in leaks around. nov/dec. fact
Protean relevant to story. fact.
Prothean = "dlc development" contradicted by early mentions. Fact
EAGames/Bioware screwing customer over. fact

conspiracy get out the tinfoil hats there all out to get us board up the door and windows

SajuukKhar:
Everyone knows companies lie Zeel, however there is a difference between lieing and the full blown illuminati level conspiracy you are trying to say they are a part of.

OH WHATS THAT?

DONT WANT TO DEBATE ANYMORE. WHAT HAPPPPPPENED TO ALL YOUR POINTS AND "FACTS". Seems they are filled to the god damn brim with holes.

I am not proposing anything extreme. Companies lie, so I am not trusting them. There is also contradictory evidence. You are the one who came in here with this Gall about "oh casey hudson says" i just showed you why he's a god damn liar and your defence is "OMG CONSPIRACY"

You do not fool me. Stop derailing the issue.

anthony87:

tony2077:
snip

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase don't stop quoting him!

It's hilarious!

it is okay let the fun begin anew

And again the Prothean AS A CHARACTER was in development in Nov/Dec, the Prothean AS A SQUADMATE was not until after the game was done. Fact.

The Porhtean isn't important to the story, he only provides his own viewpoint on things already happening. Fact.

The Porthean is not needed to get the full story. Fact

see I can do it to.

Zeel:

THEN YOU NEED TO STOP QUOTING ME TONY.
You only get "dragged" into it because you come in these arguments go "Zeel is not going to listen!!!" and then you just stay indefinitely waiting for me to respond.

YOU have no argument, you know this. STOP PRETENDING YOU DO.

What am I claiming isn't fact?

Companies will lie for profit. Fact
Prothean was in leaks. fact
Prothean was in leaks around. nov/dec. fact
Protean relevant to story. fact.
Prothean = "dlc development" contradicted by early mentions. Fact
EAGames/Bioware screwing customer over. fact

popcorns done. You gonna keep posting?

Guys! Guys!

I know what Bioware are up to!

I had an epiphany while on the toilet, it all makes perfect sense now!

Mass Effect ryhmes with class defect, which rhymes with crass inept, which ryhmes with lass prefect!

Don't you see!

It all makes sense!

Zeel:

SajuukKhar:
Everyone knows companies lie Zeel, however there is a difference between lieing and the full blown illuminati level conspiracy you are trying to say they are a part of.

OH WHATS THAT?

DONT WANT TO DEBATE ANYMORE. WHAT HAPPPPPPENED TO ALL YOUR POINTS AND "FACTS". Seems they are filled to the god damn brim with holes.

I am not proposing anything extreme. Companies lie, so I am not trusting them. There is also contradictory evidence. You are the one who came in here with this Gall about "oh casey hudson says" i just showed you why he's a god damn liar and your defence is "OMG CONSPIRACY"

I didn't see him say any of that...

Zeel:

SajuukKhar:

OH WHATS THAT?

your evidence isn't the golden chalice so stop acting like it trumps ours

SajuukKhar:
And again the Prothean AS A CHARACTER was in development in Nov/Dec, the Prothean AS A SQUADMATE was not until after the game was done. Fact.

The Porhtean isn't important to the story, he only provides his own viewpoint on things already happening. Fact.

see I can do it to.

Excuse me?
In the god damn leaks the Prothean is important. Are you telling me its not important anymore? If so, what lead you to that conclusions.

Second: How important it is is somewhat irrelevant. This is content that builds lore and helps further the story. To remove it from the game and charge more for it is taking advantage of the customers. Everyone plays the mass effect series for the story and characters. To remove a CHARACTER that adds a story is a dick move. Why do you support it.?

Hey, Zeel!

Gift for you!

Zeel:

SajuukKhar:

OH WHATS THAT?

You should just type all your posts in caps, I think everyone would take you more seriously.

To all the pro-day-one-dlc side: Notice you aren't defending your position. Once I challenge it, you guys all begin to horde in your little corner. Your "evidence" has been debunked. Mine is still holding its weight. If you aren't going to atleast acknowledge that, then you guys are some serious fanbots.

Daystar Clarion:
Guys! Guys!

Mass Effect ryhmes with class defect, which rhymes with crass inept, which ryhmes with lass prefect!

Don't you see!

It all makes sense!

I CAN SEE IT ALL

Zeel:

SajuukKhar:

see I can do it to.

Excuse me?
In the god damn leaks the Prothean is important. Are you telling me its not important anymore? If so, what lead you to that conclusions.

Second: How important it is is somewhat irrelevant. This is content that builds lore and helps further the story. To remove it from the game and charge more for it is taking advantage of the customers. Everyone plays the mass effect series for the story and characters. To remove a CHARACTER that adds a story is a dick move. Why do you support it.?

we're saying that stuff wasn't removed and this was made after the game was done how hard is that to understand very by the looks of you

Zeel:

Whateveralot:

Zeel:
I draw the line right here. You do not get to remove ESSENTIAL FUCKING content just to ship more fucking collector editions.

How is this essential? Does your computer / XboX360 not run this game without a Prothean squadmate?

Essential to the lore and story. Read the fucking leaks. I'm tired of educating you half-wits.

Unless story and lore and NOT ESSENTIAL to SCI-FI RPG GAMES?
SURELY YOU DONT THINK THAT.

START THINKING GOD DAMN IT. Theres like 12 pages of fucking information. read before any of you guys respond to me.

Surely, protheans are a big thing in Mass Effect. I have played the game and I know what I'm talking about.

That said, I expect having an optional prothean on the team is just like any other (optional) teammate like Zaeed and Kasumi, with just a slightly more historical background (50.000 years more historical, to be accurate). Does this mean it's essential to the storyline in this game?

I don't know...I really don't know.

I havn't played the game and neither have you. If you have, however: I will take your factual knowledge more seriously. Until then, may I advice you to stop giving such a big shit.

Daystar Clarion:
Guys! Guys!

Wait. You shat, didn't you? I know this feeling.

anthony87:

Zeel:

SajuukKhar:

OH WHATS THAT?

Specify. What are you asking for proof of?

Zeel:
To all the pro-day-one-dlc side: Notice you aren't defending your position. Once I challenge it, you guys all begin to horde in your little corner. Your "evidence" has been debunked. Mine is still holding its weight. If you aren't going to atleast acknowledge that, then you guys are some serious fanbots.

I'm not even gonna bother with someone as zealous as you. You wouldn't take my argument seriously and all it would do is waste my time. I'm going to continue to urge people not to take you seriously because you are a crazy person.

Zeel:

your the only fanbot here well anti fanbot

You are aware Zeel that Bioware specifically said that the leaks were old an do not represent the final version of the product and looking through them and the DEMO THERE ARE DIFFERENCES.

but I guess thats ANOTHER lie also right?

Zeel:

anthony87:

Zeel:

OH WHATS THAT?

Specify. What are you asking for proof of?

I.....I didn't ask for anything?

animehermit:

Daystar Clarion:
Guys! Guys!

Don't you see!

It all makes sense!

I CAN SEE IT ALL

Fuck man, how were we so blind?

Wha- What's this on the back of my head?

Oh my god...

It's a control chip! And what's this writing on the side?

Electronic Arts?

Valdus:
I miss the days when buying a game got you the game, not 9/10ths of the game with the option to pay extra for the rest (if you even "own" the games anymore, with EA I can never tell).

And why are people defending this? Even if you're okay with having launch day DLC you can't tell me you agree with how EA do it. Does anyone here even remember the Warden's Keep from DA:O? With the guy advertising the DLC IG after explaining the quest to you.

And as many others have mentioned they normally did this to encourage people to buy new...but this screws over anyone buying new unless they shell out extra for the "collectors edition". Say what you will but "normal editions" rarely have content cut [i]specifically for the purposes of adding to the collectors edition]/i].

Please, ME3 fanboy sheep, grow a spine for once. You're the reason EA thinks this kind of crap pays.

Well there's your problem! You're a debbie downer. You're not getting 9/10ths of the game. You're getting 10/10ths. And when you buy the DLC, you have 11/10ths. That's right... Bioware is cranking it to 11.

*ahem* Putting aside your baseless jabs, the whole thing is incredibly simple. It's been stated several times, but there is a gap between completing the game and it showing up on shelves. Instead of moving the design team off to something else, they started work on DLC. Nothing was CUT from the game. It just doesn't work like that.

The team busted hump, and in the time it's taken the game to go gold, they were able to fully realize the DLC to completion for launch day. They worked HARD so that we could have this. COULD they have waited a month after release before launching? Yes. BUT... I don't WANT that DLC a month after the game comes out and I've already beaten it. I want it DAY ONE. Thus, they release it the day it comes out so that we have it immediately. If anything, they should be THANKED for this extra effort.

I really don't see WHY this is such a problem with people, and I REALLY don't see why you think those of us who don't detest it are spineless sheep. You can disagree all you want, but for the love of all that is holy, please leave the nasty jabs at the door - nothing deflates an argument more than childish insults. I've seen you have very intelligent discussions in other threads; you are better than judgmental closed-mindedness.

I have no problem with people who don't support day one dlc. The solution is VERY simple. DO NOT BUY IT. For those of us who see NOTHING wrong with it, just let us buy it and enjoy it in peace. Why is that so hard??

SajuukKhar:
You are aware Zeel that Bioware specifically said that the leaks were old an do not represent the final version of the product and looking through them and the DEMO THERE ARE DIFFERENCES.

old script hmm guess i should look at it just to see what the difference are but after i play the game since the big points might be the same

Whateveralot:

Zeel:

Whateveralot:

How is this essential? Does your computer / XboX360 not run this game without a Prothean squadmate?

Essential to the lore and story. Read the fucking leaks. I'm tired of educating you half-wits.

START THINKING GOD DAMN IT. Theres like 12 pages of fucking information. read before any of you guys respond to me.

Surely, protheans are a big thing in Mass Effect. I have played the game and I know what I'm talking about.

That said, I expect having an optional prothean on the team is just like any other (optional) teammate like Zaeed and Kasumi, with just a slightly more historical background (50.000 years more historical, to be accurate). Does this mean it's essential to the storyline in this game?

I havn't played the game and neither have you. If you have, however: I will take your factual knowledge more seriously. Until then, may I advice you to stop giving such a big shit.

no. Try again. Protheans aren't some japanese wifuu or some crusty old mercernary. The "bit more historical background" is a grave understatement. Do we have to go into how much the protheans carried the entire game? Do you think there impact on developing the story would be minor? Some characters are more important than others. A living breathingFUCKINGProthean is kind of one of those important characters.

Second, I do know. In the leaks, the prothean is vital to the plot, the story, and establishing lore.

Seeing as the main plot points of the leak appear to be the same,(and mostly everything else) I can safely conclude that, yes the prothean is important and essential to this game. Now, if you are going to try and tell me I don't know anymore than you, you need to debunk everything I just said.

SajuukKhar:

Well yes. It's a lie. They kept saying how old it is and how its not the final product, but go look at trailers, the artbook, every information that has been releases so far. ALllll of it confirms the leaks. Hell, the fact that there is a fucking Prothean character confirms the leaks.

If you're going to tell me, oh they removed this line here and this line there. I'm going to tell you, all the major plot lines are still the same and that if Casey Hudson is going to claim otherwise. He did lie to you.

Zeel:

Whateveralot:

Zeel:

no. Try again. Protheans aren't some japanese wifuu or some crusty old mercernary. The "bit more historical background" is a grave understatement. Do we have to go into how much the protheans carried the entire game? Do you think there impact on developing the story would be minor? Some characters are more important than others. A living breathingFUCKINGProthean is kind of one of those important characters.

Second, I do know. In the leaks, the prothean is vital to the plot, the story, and establishing lore.

Seeing as the main plot points of the leak appear to be the same,(and mostly everything else) I can safely conclude that, yes the prothean is important and essential to this game. Now, if you are going to try and tell me I don't know anymore than you, you need to debunk everything I just said.

they were important but since there tech is reaper and unless he knows of some dues ex machina i don't think other then shooting things how much impact he'll have

Zeel:

Whateveralot:

Zeel:

Aside from the revelation in the second game that the Collectors were the Protheans, there wasn't that big a mention about them as far as I recall.

Sure in the first game you were led to believe that they were hugely important but then you find out that pretty much everything that was thought to be developed by the Protheans was actually made by the Reapers as part of their cycle of encouraging life and then destroying it.

tony2077:
they were important but since there tech is reaper and unless he knows of some dues ex machina i don't think other then shooting things how much impact he'll have

Huh, guess I'm not the only one who thinks so.

tony2077:

Zeel:

Whateveralot:

How much am I going to repeat this to you? Lore and story development. Being wiped out my the reapers is kind of important information. The prothean will add extra lore to the A. Reapers. B. Their extinction. and C. The protheans.

Zeel:

no. Try again. Protheans aren't some japanese wifuu or some crusty old mercenary.

I have no idea what you just said.

anthony87:

Zeel:

Whateveralot:

Aside from the revelation in the second game that the Collectors were the Protheans, there wasn't that big a mention about them as far as I recall.

Sure in the first game you were led to believe that they were hugely important but then you find out that pretty much everything that was thought to be developed by the Protheans was actually made by the Reapers as part of their cycle of encouraging life and then destroying it.

cool i made the same point

And just watch the Prothean character prove to be another Zaeed: honestly kind of irritating and useless. That would be simultaneously kind of depressing and incredibly funny. But honestly I think we're going to have to wait the couple of weeks or so until release to figure out exactly what's up with the character. Most argument right now is based on speculation that because it's a prothean it's gonna be incredibly important. I would honestly be just as happy if the DLC squadmate was from some other culture that we don't know much about. I'd love to see a Hanar, Elcor, or Volus squadmate as well, just because those are cultures that I'm somewhat less familiar with than, for example, Turians or Asari.

That being said, when I first heard about the prothean squadmate, my primary reaction was sadness. "Really, Bioware?" I thought, "You guys are making time travel a thing in Mass Effect 3?"

Zeel:

tony2077:

Zeel:

How much am I going to repeat this to you? Lore and story development. Being wiped out my the reapers is kind of important information. The prothean will add extra lore to the A. Reapers. B. Their extinction. and C. The protheans.

but will that lore change how the game ends i doubt it unless like i said they have a deus ex machina hidden some where that only he knows about but since we don't have the full game i doubt you'd know everything unless your a time traveler tell me how its done nah just give it to me

The.Bard:

Valdus:
I miss the days when buying a game got you the game, not 9/10ths of the game with the option to pay extra for the rest (if you even "own" the games anymore, with EA I can never tell).

And why are people defending this? Even if you're okay with having launch day DLC you can't tell me you agree with how EA do it. Does anyone here even remember the Warden's Keep from DA:O? With the guy advertising the DLC IG after explaining the quest to you.

And as many others have mentioned they normally did this to encourage people to buy new...but this screws over anyone buying new unless they shell out extra for the "collectors edition". Say what you will but "normal editions" rarely have content cut [i]specifically for the purposes of adding to the collectors edition]/i].

Please, ME3 fanboy sheep, grow a spine for once. You're the reason EA thinks this kind of crap pays.

Well there's your problem! You're a debbie downer. You're not getting 9/10ths of the game. You're getting 10/10ths. And when you buy the DLC, you have 11/10ths. That's right... Bioware is cranking it to 11.

*ahem* Putting aside your baseless jabs, the whole thing is incredibly simple. It's been stated several times, but there is a gap between completing the game and it showing up on shelves. Instead of moving the design team off to something else, they started work on DLC. Nothing was CUT from the game. It just doesn't work like that.

The team busted hump, and in the time it's taken the game to go gold, they were able to fully realize the DLC to completion for launch day. They worked HARD so that we could have this. COULD they have waited a month after release before launching? Yes. BUT... I don't WANT that DLC a month after the game comes out and I've already beaten it. I want it DAY ONE. Thus, they release it the day it comes out so that we have it immediately. If anything, they should be THANKED for this extra effort.

I really don't see WHY this is such a problem with people, and I REALLY don't see why you think those of us who don't detest it are spineless sheep. You can disagree all you want, but for the love of all that is holy, please leave the nasty jabs at the door - nothing deflates an argument more than childish insults. I've seen you have very intelligent discussions in other threads; you are better than judgmental closed-mindedness.

I have no problem with people who don't support day one dlc. The solution is VERY simple. DO NOT BUY IT. For those of us who see NOTHING wrong with it, just let us buy it and enjoy it in peace. Why is that so hard??

Because you're accepting Their explanation as the content as "extra". How is it extra, if the planning for and development of the prothean began way back in Nov/Dec. That is not "extra". Also, how is it "extra" when it doesn't cost them an extra dime? Its the same development cycle. I'm certainly not going to pay them more for ignoring the game and focusing on developing 'extra dlc's', when the game still could've been fleshed out more. is that what you are telling me? I should pay them more because they cut corners to spend more time developing extra content? surely you aren't telling me something so god damn foolish.

I guess sheep might be a bit strong, but seriously deluded is more accurate. Can you tell me what the difference between Bioware just calling something extra and it actually being an extra?

How exactly are the Porhteans so FING important again?

Lets see they
1. Died
2.Sucked so hard at math that they couldn't estimate how long killing off their civilization would take and thus didn't give Vigil enough batteries to keep their people in hibernation alive.
3. Built the ONE TIME USE conduit that almost let the badguys win
4. changed the keepers signal delaying the Reapers for about a month or two

Not a whole-fng-lot if you ask me.

Anyone who thinks the Protheans are these giant technological badasses who could save the day, and are not just like every other race before them and after them clearly either
A. hasn't played the game
B. Didnt pay attention.

there is even a conversation at the end of Mass effect 1 were your squadmates even talk about HOW FING NORMAL THE PROTHEANS REALLY ARE.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 43 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here