BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 43 NEXT

Zeel:

Daystar Clarion:

Sandytimeman:

Not really I mean, story wise, a living breathing prothean is a HUGE deal. I mean wow a living being from a race that was wiped out 50,000 years ago but managed to help give you a fighting chance.

That seems pretty fucking critical to me.

I imagine just a few years down the road, right before the final cutscene of a game that would give you your ending an EA window will pop up and it will go, to see the final scene you'll need our Deluxe Ending DLC pack! It encludes an extra ending to the game! It's added content! (and the non DLC ending is just a cut to black "Game Over" screen without it.)

I know I'm going to sound very hipster on this...but I really enjoy not buying AAA titles anymore. They just nickel and dime us more, they become part of these heartless ginormous publishers like EA or Activision. Better to buy Indie and save yourself the heart ache of getting fucked on DLC.

The Prothean is in the game regardless. The DLC just makes him recruitable as a squad mate and the couple of side quests that entails.

I keep hearing about this. Can I see where you guys are getting 'this'? Not that it matter mind you, but I like to stay informed.

Supposedly it is in the leaked script and that came out before they started on this.

Zeel:

Agente L:
What's up with the use of "gamer entitlement" at every bioware thread now?

Everyone that disagree with the way bioware does business now are angry gamers with "gamer entitlement? Is that a new buzzword or what?

Yes. That and "Bioware is telling the truth". I'd sooner bite off my thumb than believe a word that comes out of the Bioware's PR team. Their entire job is lie to the consumer.

your hatred of bioware makes it so you couldn't see the truth if it jumped out in front of you and said hello

rolfwesselius:

Zeel:

Daystar Clarion:

The Prothean is in the game regardless. The DLC just makes him recruitable as a squad mate and the couple of side quests that entails.

I keep hearing about this. Can I see where you guys are getting 'this'? Not that it matter mind you, but I like to stay informed.

Supposedly it is in the leaked script and that came out before they started on this.

So no confirmation at all. As far as we know, the only way to get the prothean is to buy the collectors edition or the DLC? This is disgraceful.

I'm not sure how content completed before release does not count as content completed before release...

OrdinaryGuy:

scorptatious:
Okay, so the DLC costs $10. And the collector's edition I assume costs about $70 with the DLC free. So wouldn't buying the standard edition and the DLC separately cost about the same as the collector's edition itself? Give or take $1 or so?

Zeel:
I draw the line right here. You do not get to remove ESSENTIAL FUCKING content just to ship more fucking collector editions.

Fuck that. Anyone who agrees with this practice is a brainwashed sheep with no independent thought.

Well than, I sure am glad I was born in the year of the sheep. Because I'm going to buy this DLC.

Baaah Baaah

The collector's edition is $80 on Origin. Eighty fucking dollars. Which means the only way to get "the full experience" on day one is to shell out $20 extra for content that was purposely withheld from the player. It's unacceptable no matter what kind of spin you put on it.

The article clearly said that creation of the dlc started right after the main game was complete. It is not part of the main game. You will not miss out on the "full experience" just because you didn't pay for an optional part of the game.

tony2077:

Zeel:

Agente L:

Everyone that disagree with the way bioware does business now are angry gamers with "gamer entitlement? Is that a new buzzword or what?

Yes. That and "Bioware is telling the truth". I'd sooner bite off my thumb than believe a word that comes out of the Bioware's PR team. Their entire job is lie to the consumer.

your hatred of bioware makes it so you couldn't see the truth if it jumped out in front of you and said hello

"the truth"? I see the facts here: essential character being removed to boost collector edition sales. What other truth do I need to see?

Bioware decided that aslong as I can complete the game, it's okay?

You can believe that. I have no reason to, however.

More gamer entitlement whargarbl. It's like the moment you see someone else getting a better deal than you because they wanted to pay a little extra, you bitch and whine.

Bioware has every right to say what the "full game" entails and how much they want to charge for it. If you disagree with that valuation, that's completely fair, but don't act like they're trying to rip you off by asking you to compensate their employees for additional content.

Now if the DLC is intended to make you pay to have Shepard actually in the game, I'd understand. But whining and tantrums are the typical M.O. of the entitlement generation.

Zeel:

Agente L:

AND HERE IS ZEEL. ALL BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW OVERLORD AND BASK IN HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. ALL HAIL ZEEL. ALL HAIL ZEEL.

But seriously, nobody is going to boycott this thing. Boycotts for video games have NEVER worked. People will bitch and moan, then go buy the game and forget why they bitched and moaned in the first place.

Zeel:

tony2077:

Zeel:

"the truth"? I see the facts here: essential character being removed to boost collector edition sales. What other truth do I need to see?

Bioware decided that aslong as I can complete the game, it's okay?

You can believe that. I have no reason to, however.

the facts are everywhere and they say your wrong so why do you keep acting like its bs when its not

Zeel:

rolfwesselius:

Zeel:

So no confirmation at all. As far as we know, the only way to get the prothean is to buy the collectors edition or the DLC? This is disgraceful.

No according to the leaked script you will get the prothean anyway but he is only in squadmate form as dlc.
Remember this.
EA are douchebags.
But they are not stupid remember that They know what they can get away with.

Doc Theta Sigma:

Zeel:

Agente L:

AND HERE IS ZEEL. ALL BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW OVERLORD AND BASK IN HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. ALL HAIL ZEEL. ALL HAIL ZEEL.

But seriously, nobody is going to boycott this thing. Boycotts for video games have NEVER worked. People will bitch and moan, then go buy the game and forget why they bitched and moaned in the first place.

"Kneel before Zeel"

Has kind of a nice ring to it don't you think?

Doc Theta Sigma:

Zeel:

Agente L:

Dead Space 2
and
Battlefield 3
It worked on both those EA game titles. Stop trying to derail the issue.

It's wrong no matter how much they sell.

scorptatious:
The article clearly said that creation of the dlc started right after the main game was complete. It is not part of the main game. You will not miss out on the "full experience" just because you didn't pay for an optional part of the game.

Oh but Scorptatious, to the entitlement generation, ANYTHING you have that they don't is akin to THEFT, and worthy of an Occupy Bioware protest. They have agents in black ops gear who break into your house, take your "complete" copy of Mass Effect 3, and chop off a piece of it like an act of genital mutilation! Then they have the nerve - the NERVE! - to leave you a bill to pay for the black ops team and their equipment/training, signed in diarrhea!

...or something like that.

*moar facepalm*

Oh, and the ONLY essential character to the Mass Effect trilogy, IS SHEPARD.

Because the developers would never lie to sell more copies. Nu-uh. Nope.

Okay, to be fair, there's no proof that he's lying (Nor is there any he isn't). But this is Bioware we're talking about. They're the biggest DLC pushers that I know (Yes I'm saying they're worse than Acti). They'd say anything to get you to pay more for less work.

War Penguin:
Wait, I want to get things straight, here: If you get the ME 3 Collector's Edition, you get the DLC for free. Does that mean the DLC is included on the disc? Or is it just free to purchase online?

If it's on disc, then if you had time to put it in the CE then why didn't you have time to put it in the regular game? Doesn't the CE take more time to make than the regular?

If it's just free online purchase: Well, I guess that makes some sense. Still, I'm not too happy about it. You'd think that this character, who had all of this mystery and lore surrounding his people, would be much more important to the story. I keep hearing that he'll still be in the story, even without the DLC, and that he's just not a squad member. That I'm okay with, and I sure as hell hope it's true.

The way it sounds, the game was already in the process of manufacture and pressing when they started the DLC. So, they completed ME3 start to finish, then started this in the downtime between the point where they hand the data to be burned and the point where we get it in our stores/mail boxes. So, it sounds like it's not on the disc. Which means there should be a code with our CEs (those who preordered them) that gives us free access to it.

Zeel:

Doc Theta Sigma:

Zeel:

Dead Space 2
and
Battlefield 3

However you're acting like Bioware walked into your house on christmas morning, proceeded to steal every worldly possession you have and then slap you in the face for good measure. The characer is included in the game. The squadmate is not.

You see the difference? You're not losing anything. You're just whining like a child because you don't want to pay for extra content.

Zeel:

Doc Theta Sigma:

Zeel:

Dead Space 2
and
Battlefield 3

I went to go pick up my Asura's Wrath and put more money on my ME3 CE yesterday. According to the dude at my local Gamestop, no one had cancelled their preorder.

Maybe it's too soon. Or he's just trying to save face. Or he just doesn't know. But it more seems like an internet uproar.

I preordered ME3 last year. So, this really wouldn't have affected me one way or the other.

Edit: Typo. I'm dumb for that.

Still want to see the confirmation we get all the content and lore regardless, but the playability is for CE owners only. You can't believe EA games would try to sell such horshit for 10 bucks.

tony we are not having this discussion again. You've yet to bring up these elusive "facts". I've showed you all my facts, but when it comes for you to give me the same courtesy, you fall short. If you have nothing else to add, stop quoting me.

"WHY DOES HIS HAMBURGER HAVE BACON? MINE DOESN'T HAVE BACON. I DON'T CARE THAT HE PAID MORE FOR HIS BURGER - YOU KNEW ALL ALONG YOU COULD PUT BACON ON THE HAMBURGER - WHY ARE YOU LYING TO US"

So what the whargarblers are saying, essentially, is that a hamburger is incomplete unless it has bacon on it?

sheeple? honestly? we're using that term un-ironically? seriously? well thank god bioware is distracting the truth seers; as i was afraid that they were onto my secret operation to inject nanobots into the water supply of the entire world.

being serious, if this is anything like the mass effect 2 dlc, i'm not reeaally missing anything important.

Agente L:

It goes both ways I'd argue. People who criticize Bioware are called entitled, while people who don't are sheep/fanboys or just wallets with no brains. It's basically non-stop strawmen.

My opinion? Don't really care. I might purchase this at a later time, but as of now I really don't have the time or money to be purchasing new titles. Either way the DLC doesn't really bug me.

Doc Theta Sigma:

Zeel:

Doc Theta Sigma:

Dead Space 2
and
Battlefield 3

However you're acting like Bioware walked into your house on christmas morning, proceeded to steal every worldly possession you have and then slap you in the face for good measure. The characer is included in the game. The squadmate is not.

You see the difference? You're not losing anything. You're just whining like a child because you don't want to pay for extra content.

You can not be that bloody naive. EA games is a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE producer of games. If this trend continues how much do you think I'm going to lose in the future? Games I'm interested in will cost almost twice as much just to have the 'privilege' of the full experience. I will draw the line here, atleast if we fail then I know i didn't rollover quietly like some people.

Zachery Gaskins:
"WHY DOES HIS HAMBURGER HAVE BACON? MINE DOESN'T HAVE BACON. I DON'T CARE THAT HE PAID MORE FOR HIS BURGER - YOU KNEW ALL ALONG YOU COULD PUT BACON ON THE HAMBURGER - WHY ARE YOU LYING TO US"

So what the whargarblers are saying, essentially, is that a hamburger is incomplete unless it has bacon on it?

What I'm saying that I'm starving, and then I read that. You're a terrible person D:

Blind Sight:

Agente L:

It goes both ways I'd argue. People who criticize Bioware are called entitled, while people who don't are sheep/fanboys or just wallets with no brains. It's basically non-stop strawmen.

My opinion? Don't really care. I might purchase this at a later time, but as of now I really don't have the time or money to be purchasing new titles. Either way the DLC doesn't really bug me.

Well if you're buying a game even though they are trying to screw you over... What else could you be? stop trying to equate the sides. We are not equal, that much is apparent. We didn't start the blasted namecalling until this "entitled" word came up. tit for tat. However are sides aren't equal by any stretch of imagination.

Zeel:

Doc Theta Sigma:

Zeel:

Dead Space 2
and
Battlefield 3

You can not be that bloody naive. EA games is a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE producer of games. If this trend continues how much do you think I'm going to lose in the future? Games I'm interested in will cost almost twice as much just to have the 'privilege' of the full experience. I will draw the line here, atleast if we fail then I know i didn't rollover quietly like some people.

... You're not a goddamn freedom fighter. It's a game. Seriously if you don't want the bloody thing then don't buy it. Nobody will ultimately give a damn. Now crawl back to the basement you came from, where you've probably been online continuously since '98.

That's just it guys, can't you see? All Zeel wants is to feel superior. He is fighting the good fight, and will not go gently into the night (like the rest of us schmucks that don't know our foreheads from our anuses).

Doc Theta Sigma:

Zeel:

Doc Theta Sigma:

... You're not a goddamn freedom fighter. It's a game. Seriously if you don't want the bloody thing then don't buy it. Nobody will ultimately give a damn. Now crawl back to the basement you came from, where you've probably been online continuously since '98.

You don't get to tell me what's important. I will "freedom fight' on the issues I find important. if you don't find it important. See the top right corner? There's that x button.

It's quite a jump from "I dont care" to "I defend this". Do you defend it, or are you just here to tell that you don't care? Noted. move along.

Zeel:

Blind Sight:

Agente L:

Well if you're buying a game even though they are trying to screw you over... What else could you be? stop trying to equate the sides. We are not equal, that much is apparent. We didn't start the blasted namecalling until this "entitled" word came up. tit for tat. However are sides aren't equal by any stretch of imagination.

*checks the thread* ...nope, you were the first. If you mean overall, well sir, I wish to see proof that the sheep called the entitled entitled first over the internet, you know, since your so demanding of confirmation. Otherwise, I'm just going to call BS on the "they called us this first so it's totally cool" thing.

Tzekelkan:
That's just it guys, can't you see? All Zeel wants is to feel superior. He is fighting the good fight, and will not go gently into the night (like the rest of us schmucks that don't know our foreheads from our anuses).

Boycotting a game is a reasonable reaction to quality issues. Do not try to compare my side to some sort of fringe terrorist group. am I calling people to freaking bomb the HQ? no, boycott. boycott, boycott, boycott. If you find that to 'extreme' then it is you with the issues, not me.

Zeel:

Doc Theta Sigma:

Zeel:

You don't get to tell me what's important. I will "freedom fight' on the issues I find important. if you don't find it important. See the top right corner? There's that x button.

It's quite a jump from "I dont care" to "I defend this". Do you defend it, or are you just here to tell that you don't care? Noted. move along.

I can defend the practice and not care whether you buy it at the same time. You don't get to tell me what I can and cannot do. But I'm sure revolutionaries fighting dictatorships all over the world would stand proudly with you against the tyranny of a company that dares try to make money. FIGHT ON GOOD SIR. FIGHT ON FOR SHIT YOU'RE IN NO WAY ENTITLED TO.

Richardplex:

Zeel:

Blind Sight:

*checks the thread* ...nope, you were the first. If you mean overall, well sir, I wish to see proof that the sheep called the entitled entitled first over the internet, you know, since your so demanding of confirmation. Otherwise, I'm just going to call BS on the "they called us this first so it's totally cool" thing.

Keep derailing the issue folks. If you aren't going to discuss the main topic why on God's green earth are you critiquing 'insults'. petty and useless gripe. I don't care who called who first. Our sides are not equal, that is my main concern. If you are replying to me, do address what I BRING UP.

Zeel:

Frostbite3789:

Zeel:
Fuck that. Anyone who agrees with this practice is a brainwashed sheep with no independent thought.

So you're saying I should agree with you no questions asked? Boy it sounds a lot like you want me to be a brainwashed sheep, just a brainwashed sheep who thinks the same as you.

That is not what I said at all. you've miscategorized both my argument and my character. Do not for one second think I want some sort of cult-like behaviour on my side. Anyone who reads ANY of my posts know "DEBATE" is what I do. What I see on the other side, other than a few good arguments is clearly some fundamental biowarist behaviour. No one is thinking, just coming up with excuses.

Dude, or dudette if you are a lady underneath that masculine avatar, to me you sort of lost any credibility as a debater when I saw the numerous times where you call people names. Like "brainwashed sheep"

To me, that doesn't come across to me as being a "debater". That comes across to me as being a jerk.

Blind Sight:

Agente L:

It goes both ways I'd argue. People who criticize Bioware are called entitled, while people who don't are sheep or just wallets with no brains. It's basically non-stop strawmen.

Yea, I understand that. But I already made my decision, I won't buy me3, with only exception:

If the game is send by god itself to redeem the gaming industry. Like, 96+ metacritics.

Bioware isn't the company it used to be, and I have both ME and ME2, and even dragon age, both with many DLC. And I dislike the direction it took, mostly due to EA ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

If it falls a bit short of that, a pirate life for me.

I'm still skeptical of this. They pulled the same stunt with Sebastian in Dragon Age 2. If the Prothean is so fleeting to the plot that he's a DLC, then why don't they do the same as they did with Zaeed? Buy the game new, and get him for free? Buy used, and you need the $15 Cerberus Network charge.

Zeel:

Blind Sight:

Agente L:

Actually I was referencing the majority of the debate, not just this specific instance, where it usually devolves into petty name calling (in fact that majority of 'Bioware is going downhill' arguments turn into that).

Also 'screw me over' is a purely subjective term. I don't agree with your conclusion. When I purchase the game, if I feel like the extra content is worth it, I'll purchase it. That's not 'screwing me over' that's a consumer choice, just in the same way that you will not purchase the game on the grounds that you don't agree with this DLC plan. So stop trying to act like your position is obviously superior when in reality it comes down to whether an individual simply wishes to purchase extra content. It is an equal debate when it comes to consumerism. Unlike you, I'm not damning your position because I disagree with it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 43 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here