BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

Pages PREV 1 . . . 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . . . 43 NEXT

Zeel:

SajuukKhar:
No Zeel I didn't say the leaks were even remotely right.

I said we only have a broad strokes picture of what is going to happen in the game, which ONLY means while at first glace they may seem the same they are not necessarily the same.

Don't twist words, and insert nonexistent assumptions/implications.

If we have all the plot points how the hell do we only have "broad strokes" of a picture. Small minor dialogue is broad strokes. ENTIRE PLOT POINTS AREN'T. Stop trying to quibble with me woman. YOU WILL LOSE AS YOU've LOST TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

your the only one here that's lost now face the light and repent your sins repent repent

SirBryghtside:
That's all perfectly reasonable.

Well, apart from the fact that day one DLC is an absolute abomination, but there you go.

Why is the release of content they made after the main game was done so abysmal?

If it was somehow conceivably possible for them to make DAO:Awakening in the time between when the base game was done, and the time it came out, and they did, and then they released it day 1 also, I don't anyone should have a problem with it. If they can make the content why not get it out as soon as possible so people can have more to play?

As long as it isn't some critical piece of info, which this prothean isn't, it shouldn't matter if it comes out day 1 or day 100. No one is making you buy it and it isn't required to get a FULL base game.

Also
@Zeel why do you call EVERYONE female if you have no idea of their gender?

RoBi3.0:

Zeel:

RoBi3.0:

I am actually kind of tried of you repeating the same crap over and over again. Just because you repeatedly type it doesn't mean it is true or worth anyone's time.

I am so tried in fact that I am offering to buy you the DLC once the game launches, but only if you promise (and follow through) to stop talking about it. Trust me I am doing you a favor. I am sure people are starting to find you very unlikeable.

ME TOO! I have to keep repeating my arguments because they don't get it. By all means guys, debunk my arguments so we can move on. Until then, I'm going to construct other arguments because you guys suck.

Listen kid, I don't need your money. i dont want the game, it offended my senses. I wont be buying it. Used, pirated, or elsewise. I'm tired of this shit and until they fix it I'm not budging.

Dude, I am 28 years old I am pretty sure a ceased being a kid a long time ago. There really isn't a need to debunk your arguments you stopped listening to reason a long time ago in fact I not sure you ever mastered that ability.

But enjoy your troll roll. For some of us it has been extremely interesting.

uh huh. You took the time to reply to me twice and instead of presenting an argument you just wanted to say how "right" you are. You wont be shocked that I don't believe you, right?

Richardplex:

And by principle, I mean, his right to tell us that we're sheeple for deciding how we use our money.

Nope. Don't care if you buy. Do care if you are defending it. Its one thing to not care about 10, its another to want to spend more money. It's so ridiculous I cant wrap my head around it.

SirBryghtside:

tony2077:

SirBryghtside:

Well, apart from the fact that day one DLC is an absolute abomination, but there you go.

i'm getting it for free and i will get bf3 as well god i love being me

How? Or would explaining it get you banned on these forums ;)

there was a promotion a few days back for bf3 and i got the deluxe edition so i should be getting the dlc for free

SirBryghtside:

tony2077:

SirBryghtside:

For 2 days (i.e. until someone at EA realised and shut it down) anyone who preordered ME3 digital deluxe would get BF3 free. But with a lot of terms, like US only. People who preordered in that time slot are still getting BF3 though, so props to EA for honouring that slip up.

Zachary Amaranth:

Android2137:
Paying for alternate appearance DLC, I can understand. Paying for weapon DLC, I can understand. It's having to pay for a squadmate that really ticks me off.

If I might ask, why? What's so different about paying for an extra squadmate that makes it so horrible compared to paying for extra weapons?

Stronger and niftier weapons are cool and all, but even with the blah default weapons, nothing changes in terms of storyline. You shoot until your enemies are dead. The only difference is the amount of time it takes for said enemies to die. Unless Shepard and all squadmates start talking based on what specific model of firearm they're wielding at the time, character interaction doesn't change. Story doesn't change in the slightest. That is not so with an additional squadmate.
Squadmates talk, interact. They flesh out the world. If you don't recruit Garrus in ME1, you don't feel the friction between him and Wrex when they talk about the Krogan Rebellions and the genophage. If you don't recruit Legion in ME2, the geth as a whole remain mindless machines to your Shepard's perception. Tali doesn't get to react to Legion. If you don't pay for Kasumi, you don't get her adorable lines, any info on the conspiracy Keiji discovered (there are images of Reapers hidden in his graybox), and any consequences from that. If you don't download Zaeed, you miss out on his colorful tales, his gruff personality, and some fleshing out of a major merc band. I will admit Zaeed isn't important, but he's very interesting. They all added something to the story. Yes, I caved and paid for Kasumi because I wanted her that bad, but I was still ticked about it, especially after finding out about the Reapers hidden in the graybox.
(And while I'm in full rant mode, I'd like to get something off my chest about the Arrival DLC. That was seriously important! So important you actually start ME3 talking about it! Something that major should have been free! It's like buying an entire book, but paying for an extra chapter just so that the next one in the series would make sense!)

Eh. What they are saying makes sense. If it isn't actually a big plot point then I don't see why people are making a fuss. Fans probably already shelled out the extra for the collector's edition and non-fans who just want to play the game shouldn't care about a character that may be cool but doesn't really matter.

Richardplex:

SirBryghtside:

tony2077:

For 2 days (i.e. until someone at EA realised and shut it down) anyone who preordered ME3 digital deluxe would get BF3 free. But with a lot of terms, like US only. People who preordered in that time slot are still getting BF3 though, so props to EA for honouring that slip up.

its North America only at least i hope so since I'm in Canada but it was in usd so maybe i won't have to worry. i was told i'd get it on the eight so i'll just have to wait and see if i have to talk to the live person about it

Richardplex:
People who preordered in that time slot are still getting BF3 though, so props to EA for honouring that slip up.

What? NO WAY! It's some kind of a LIE! Yes! A LIE! Or EVIL SCHEME!
Or maybe aliens.
I have proof: because I said so!

That was a joke. Of course.

Daystar Clarion:

SajuukKhar:

Richardplex:

You are the hero the internet deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

WE"RE THE GOD DAMNED BATMAN

Holy shit, you're right!

We're the Batman!

Were do we pick up our outfits?

We only get them with the DLC......

Zeel:

Richardplex:

And by principle, I mean, his right to tell us that we're sheeple for deciding how we use our money.

Nope. Don't care if you buy. Do care if you are defending it. Its one thing to not care about 10, its another to want to spend more money. It's so ridiculous I cant wrap my head around it.

You do care if I am defending my right to buy things? Defending the right of a company to charge whatever they want for whatever they want for something that is entertainment only, thus not being required and can simply be avoided? Defending Capitalism? Realising I am not entitled to anything, least of all something made post game... certification?

tony2077:

Richardplex:

SirBryghtside:

its North America only at least i hope so since I'm in Canada but it was in usd so maybe i won't have to worry

All I know is that it wasn't available in Europe, *cries into pillow*

anthony87:

Daystar Clarion:

SajuukKhar:

WE"RE THE GOD DAMNED BATMAN

Holy shit, you're right!

We're the Batman!

And with that, the joke comes full circle.

Good night folks, have a safe journey home and don't forget to tip your waitress.

I fucking love the escapist.

Richardplex:

tony2077:

Richardplex:

its North America only at least i hope so since I'm in Canada but it was in usd so maybe i won't have to worry

All I know is that it wasn't available in Europe, *cries into pillow*

i know it sad but I'd like to help but origin doesn't have a gift option

Richardplex:

CardinalPiggles:

Richardplex:
Besides, this was intended from the beginning to be for the Collector's/Digital Deluxe Edition

If that's true, then Michael Gambles argument carries little weight. If whatever content is ready to be paid for on the release day, then it would make for good PR. The rest of what you said makes perfect sense however, most of the complainers are just being entitled little twats.

I meant that there was content intended from the beginning to be part of the collector's edition, that content wasn't necessarily ready beforehand, if that was the logical fallacy you were referring to.

I get what you mean, but if they intended for it to be ready on release day, then why not let people have for free. Well I'll you why, EA. I'm just saying I disagree with this particular business practice they have taken up here.

I'd just like to point out that this DLC seems like it should be a part of the main game anyway, whether or not they developed it after.

Doesn't matter anyhow, I'm simply going to vote with my wallet.

Daystar Clarion:

anthony87:

Daystar Clarion:

Holy shit, you're right!

We're the Batman!

Good night folks, have a safe journey home and don't forget to tip your waitress.

Gotta hand it to Zeel. I really feel like all his efforts in this thread have brought us all closer together.

CardinalPiggles:

Richardplex:

CardinalPiggles:

If that's true, then Michael Gambles argument carries little weight. If whatever content is ready to be paid for on the release day, then it would make for good PR. The rest of what you said makes perfect sense however, most of the complainers are just being entitled little twats.

I meant that there was content intended from the beginning to be part of the collector's edition, that content wasn't necessarily ready beforehand, if that was the logical fallacy you were referring to.

I get what you mean, but if they intended for it to be ready on release day, then why not let people have for free. Well I'll you why, EA. I'm just saying I disagree with this particular business practice they have taken up here.

I'd just like to point out that this DLC seems like it should be a part of the main game anyway, whether or not they developed it after.

Becuase the content was made AFTER the main game was done, with a desperate budget, separate costs etc. etc.

anthony87:

Daystar Clarion:

anthony87:

Gotta hand it to Zeel. I really feel like all his efforts in this thread have brought us all closer together.

It would be heartwarming if it wasn't for all the blunt force trauma caused by so many facepalms.

anthony87:

Daystar Clarion:

anthony87:

I used to think this website was 90% of self-entitled gamers. You guys have given me hope again <3

Daystar Clarion:

anthony87:

Daystar Clarion:

It would be heartwarming if it wasn't for all the blunt force trauma caused by so many facepalms.

Hes probably now at work writing a titanic rebuttle to something i left on page 23. I look forward to deconstructing it.

SajuukKhar:
Becuase the content was made AFTER the main game was done, with a desperate budget, separate costs etc. etc.

Can't you see I'm having a discussion based solely on hypothetical information?

I said if X was true then there is no reason other than money for the DLC to be free.

*sigh* I'm actually getting a little depressed by this thread.

Good day to you sir.

JamesStone:

You said "THE PROTHEAN IS A CHARACTER THEY ARE SELLING!!!!!!! ME3 WILL SUCK OMFG!!!!"
we said: "Bioware confirmed the only thing they are selling are the squad plaibility"
You said: "LMAO Y U NO AWNSER ME RIGHT CONFIRM CUS U SAID SO LAWLZ"

We didn't said anything. You said all the arguments, and we just said the counter arguments. Ours are backed by safe sources. Yours aren't. I checked your source. He didn't confirm anything. If you look in this threat, you'll see a link connecting to a post he made. He doesn't even know where you were getting all that stuff from. You are the one going agaisnt declarations, so you should present arguments, ACTUAL arguments, not theories and conjecturies, like you have done until now.

And yes, I am old enough to have a son. Real nice, insulting a guy maturity after blocking caps lock and bitching like a little girl when facts and logic get in the way of your derranged, semi-troll inicial theories. Bravo!

And no, you are not good at debating. Debating is listening, understanding and considering the adversaries opinion, so you can then say yours and back it up by facts and logic. It isn't what you're doing. And if you "win" this discussion, it won't be by your debating skills.
It will be because no-one will awnser you because:
a) You basically admitted defeat and invented a totally new argument a few posts ago
b) Everyone will be sick of your narcissistic behavior, paranoia, obcessive use of caps lock and stupid logic and flawed arguments.

Present to me every argument you have and I will refute them with pleasure.

first lets clarify one thing, you claimed I conjured up this 'bioware guy'. That was dismissed. Unless you want to still argue that. I notice you guys dont like to acknowledge when your points go amiss.

2. Absolutely not. The way you word it is strange. I KNOW the DLC allows you to play the Prothean, what I asked for is proof that the prothean is still in the game. I'm still asking for it, but none of you want to present it. yet STILL KEEP CLAIMING IT. THATS WHAT DRIVES ME INSANE.
3. no, no, no. You guys did indeed say the prothean is still in the game. Don't fucking lie now.
-if he is still in there, I want proof.
4. "safe sources" Okay, i'm calling bulshit on this. I've been asking for proof of the prothean in the game for 10 pages now. None of you have presented it.
5. Your Casey hudson claiming the development began in januray is moot when the leak mentions the prothean NOVEMBER.
6. I clearly am good at debate. Your position keeps 'evolving' first you were on about the legitmacy of my source (debunked) now you're trying to make it so I MADE the claim. NO you guys made that claim. I'll even show you proof at the bottom.

now, let me dig up my arguments, that you'll "REFUTE WITH PLEASURE". It's actually an old post that hasnt been refuted.

1. IS Prothean Relevant: This is my standard: Does it add to the story, lore and depth of the game? Yes.

It's relevant for that matter. If you disagree, you need to debunk how relevant it is to the story and lore. You can't go "well can you finish the game without it??!?@?!@?" That's changing the issue and then arguing it. Is it Relevant to the story. Answer the god damn question. If you disagree with the entire premise, that lore and story arnt relevant to the game. you need to debunk that. If you do agree its relevant, stop trying these bullshit tactcs about "CAN U FINISH IT". You can finish the game without all the side missions and lore and story. Does that mean everything else is unnecessary and not essential?

-A. False equivalence. Zaeed and Kasumi were some random human characters with little to add to the story. They weren't fucking protheans; with a plethora of knowledge about the reapers, the protheans and their extinction. The difference here is how important the characters are. Do you acknowledge that protheans are important to the overarching story? if So, you can not equate some merc and otaku bitch to the character.
-B. No one would care if the prothean character came free with the purchase of the game, like Zaeed It's almost insulting that EA game removes such lore essential content but if they put it back with a purchase, I wouldn't 'bitch'.. Not much atleast.

3. Where do I begin with this "Coach" and "Basic" is a bad analogy here. those preorder bonuses are like getting a free headset. The quality of the software isn't improved, in except they got an extra headset. With the prothean dlc. Important lore is being taken away from the basic edition. It's like charging someone a planeticket only to be taken half the way and then asked for more midflight. If Bioware is in the rpg gaming business. Lore and story are just part of the things RPG games need. Trying to play on that by taking it out and charging more is sleeazy. These aren't random useless cosemetics that take a week to make. THese are like 1months of character development filled with content necessary to enjoy the story in its fullest. Things like that should not be up for "Bonuses". It's wrong.
b. Nothing wrong with charging more for new content, when the game is released and they develop more content. Charge more for it, it cost them more, so they need a way to pay for it.
When content is developed during the original cycle it doesn't cost them 'more' now does it.

4. The option to charge more for new content is still there. but doing it before the game is released is sleezy. They are playing on your need for "full enjoyment". Shouldn't you get "full enjoyment" from the "full game". Instead of saying "nope, only partial enjoyment, pay more". We have to be reasonable here. There is no reason why you should have to pay more than the full price ON RELEASE day for the full game. Absolutely none.

5. Your "reliable" source is not very reliable. Again, they have lied about things before, you realize? They are in the profit making business. Do you think they are going to advertise how "this story building character makes your game incomplete, but you can buy it for 10 bucks".
No they are going to say some horsehit about "rewards" and loyalty.

6. How is it "developed after game complete' if it was mentioned back in FUCKING NOVEMBER. the game wasn't complete back then.
A. EIther they PLANNNED to make it a dlc,
B. or it wasn't a dlc and they cut it off.

Both options are despicable; planning to make important lore only attainable by dlc is a cheap tactic to play on fans of me3. They know we play the game for story and instead of just including it in the freaking game, they want to use be all grubby about it.

Cutting out content is even worse because they are selling an incomplete game and then asking for more money to finish it.

7. Also I think its worth mentioning that, option A; just means that instead of going all out on the original game, they went 90% then used their last 10% to develop DLC's. and try to charge us 110% for it.

8. They could've easily just kept it in the game. this "we have multiplayer now, so we don't need to give you "extra" goodies, is insulting. It has nothing to do with loyalty at all.

9. Last point, honest, I want to hear from you what the difference between EA games claiming something is extra and what is extra content.

Richardplex:

anthony87:

Daystar Clarion:

I used to think this website was 90% of self-entitled gamers. You guys have given me hope again <3

hope is all we ever have hold it tightly

People are just missing the point. He's still there even if you don't buy the dlc, it's just one mission, and it's not as bad as, say, charging 99 for an extremely ugly virtual hat or 40 for a game that you have to buy 30 action figures to play. And even if you don't get to recruit a Prothean, it's still Mass Effect, even if one tiny, insignificant mission's missing.

gigastar:

Daystar Clarion:

anthony87:

Hes probably now at work writing a titanic rebuttle to something i left on page 23. I look forward to deconstructing it.

Wow, I didn't think you would be that correct. Just.. wow.

SirBryghtside:

SajuukKhar:

SirBryghtside:

Why is the release of content they made after the main game was done so abysmal?

If it was somehow conceivably possible for them to make DAO:Awakening in the time between the game was done and the time it came out and they did and then the released it day 1 also I don't think I would have a problem with it.

If they can make the content why not get it out as soon as possible so people can have more to play.

As long as it isn't some uber critical piece of info, which this prothean isn't, it shouldn't matter if it comes out day 1 or day 100.

No one is making you buy it and it isn't required to get a FULL base game.

But it is out there in time for release. Hence the name 'day 1 DLC'.

I'm already buying a product for over 30, I find it absolutely ridiculous that to get the full game I have to shell out another 10 for stuff that, to be honest, does seem bloody important. I, for one, am absolutely sick of this kind of business practice, and will never buy that DLC. This actually changed my mind on the decision of whether to buy the standard edition or CE - I went for the former.

And as much as I hate the slippery slope argument, it really does apply for this subject. I pre-ordered ME3 today, and I watched in horror as some spoilt brat's mum asked a worker in game about Skylanders. Look it up.

Also Zeel why do you call EVERYONE female if you have no idea of their gender?

Who cares? Everyone else assumes male, and 'she' is generally considered more appropriate.

Oh, and before you decide to say any of these rebuttals: I found it stupid when Valve did it with Portal 2 as well, and calling me 'entitled' means absolutely nothing.

But you DON'T have to shell out more money for the DLC, and you DONT need the DLC for a "full game", the base game as is IS COMPLETE.

SajuukKhar:

CardinalPiggles:

Richardplex:

Why do you keep saying this? we debunked this already. You know we did. Prothean mentioned in November.

The prothean as a character was made in November, the prothean as a squadmate was made later.

we already went over this.

SajuukKhar:

SirBryghtside:

SajuukKhar:

If it was somehow conceivably possible for them to make DAO:Awakening in the time between the game was done and the time it came out and they did and then the released it day 1 also I don't think I would have a problem with it.

If they can make the content why not get it out as soon as possible so people can have more to play.

As long as it isn't some uber critical piece of info, which this prothean isn't, it shouldn't matter if it comes out day 1 or day 100.

No one is making you buy it and it isn't required to get a FULL base game.

I'm already buying a product for over 30, I find it absolutely ridiculous that to get the full game I have to shell out another 10 for stuff that, to be honest, does seem bloody important. I, for one, am absolutely sick of this kind of business practice, and will never buy that DLC. This actually changed my mind on the decision of whether to buy the standard edition or CE - I went for the former.

And as much as I hate the slippery slope argument, it really does apply for this subject. I pre-ordered ME3 today, and I watched in horror as some spoilt brat's mum asked a worker in game about Skylanders. Look it up.

Also Zeel why do you call EVERYONE female if you have no idea of their gender?

Who cares? Everyone else assumes male, and 'she' is generally considered more appropriate.

Oh, and before you decide to say any of these rebuttals: I found it stupid when Valve did it with Portal 2 as well, and calling me 'entitled' means absolutely nothing.

But you DON'T have to shell out more money for the DLC.

also you DONT need the DLC for a "full game", the base game as is IS COMPLETE.

Well according to them. We can't wrap our heads around how they have time for new squadmates and missions by day of release but can't give it free with purchase.

Tell me this; If EA games did remove content from the disc how would you know?

Richardplex:

Zeel:

Richardplex:

You do care if I am defending my right to buy things? Defending the right of a company to charge whatever they want for whatever they want for something that is entertainment only, thus not being required and can simply be avoided? Defending Capitalism? Realising I am not entitled to anything, least of all something made post game... certification?

ugh. did I say I care about your right to buy things? or did I just say the EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE. you know what. I'm gettttttttttttttttting really tired of this. I'm changing the format of this discussion.

One would be able to know if they "removed" content because the game's story/progression wouldn't make sense without the DLC.

You people really take your Mass Effect seriously.

Let's just all agree that any DLC that releases within one month of the game's release date should be free of charge.

Also, every game should come with a free T-bone steak.

Zeel:

SajuukKhar:

SirBryghtside:

And as much as I hate the slippery slope argument, it really does apply for this subject. I pre-ordered ME3 today, and I watched in horror as some spoilt brat's mum asked a worker in game about Skylanders. Look it up.Who cares? Everyone else assumes male, and 'she' is generally considered more appropriate.

But you DON'T have to shell out more money for the DLC.

also you DONT need the DLC for a "full game", the base game as is IS COMPLETE.

Well according to them. We can't wrap our heads around how they have time for new squadmates and missions by day of release but can't give it free with purchase.

Tell me this; If EA games did remove content from the disc how would you know?

People making the accusations are the ones who must provide proof. It doesn't matter that we have no idea whether EA removed content, what matters is that those claiming that they did have the burden of proof.

For example.

Bob Dylan enjoys the taste of pineapple chunks.

Bob Dylan does not have to prove that, in fact, he does not like pineapple chunks.

I have to prove it, using evidence, not writing batshit crazy rhetoric.

Zeel:

RoBi3.0:

Zeel:

ME TOO! I have to keep repeating my arguments because they don't get it. By all means guys, debunk my arguments so we can move on. Until then, I'm going to construct other arguments because you guys suck.

Listen kid, I don't need your money. i dont want the game, it offended my senses. I wont be buying it. Used, pirated, or elsewise. I'm tired of this shit and until they fix it I'm not budging.

Dude, I am 28 years old I am pretty sure a ceased being a kid a long time ago. There really isn't a need to debunk your arguments you stopped listening to reason a long time ago in fact I not sure you ever mastered that ability.

But enjoy your troll roll. For some of us it has been extremely interesting.

uh huh. You took the time to reply to me twice and instead of presenting an argument you just wanted to say how "right" you are. You wont be shocked that I don't believe you, right?

Dude I wasn't, saying you were right. I was imply you are trolling. So yeah I don't think you are right. Keep fighting the good fight though, and in case you didn't catch that "good fight" was sarcasm.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . . . 43 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here