BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

Pages PREV 1 . . . 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 . . . 43 NEXT

SajuukKhar:

tony2077:
thanks for the laugh i needed that the mental picture was awesome them walking into the coffee room siting in chairs then they start drooling all over them selves

I can't tell if he just doesn't want to, or simply can't, understand that people who like the job they do frequently do their job even when not payed to.

People who work on motorcycles/cars for a living frequently spend their breaks... working on motorcycles/cars.

Games Devs are no different.

@Zeel
As has been said before the leaks were old and outdated even before they were leaked, and dont represent the final product.......

Ohh wait bioware lied about that because it doesn't agree with YOUR view right?

i don't understand some people logic is right there in front of them and there staring at the hot chicks rack drooling all over themselves

SajuukKhar:

tony2077:
thanks for the laugh i needed that the mental picture was awesome them walking into the coffee room siting in chairs then they start drooling all over them selves

I can't tell if he just doesn't want to, or simply can't, understand that people who like the job they do frequently do their job even when not payed to.

People who work on motorcycles/cars for a living frequently spend their breaks... working on motorcycles/cars. Games Devs are no different.

@Zeel
As has been said before the leaks were old and outdated even before they were leaked, and dont represent the final product.......

Ohh wait bioware lied about that because it doesn't agree with YOUR view right?

Every major plot point has already been confirmed with trailers/artbooks and released info. So if Casey Hudson is going to claim elsewise he is lying. Plus the leaks were in the lockdown mode. Things get removed not added. Any tweaks to the plot or character are minor.

tony2077:
i don't understand some people logic is right there in front of them and there staring at the hot chicks rack drooling all over themselves

Looks up from copy of jugs... "sorry i wasnt paying attention what now?".

@Zeel
No, every major plot point HAS NOT been confirmed by trailers or the demo or the Artbook, which i remind you IS NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FINAL PRODUCT.

That's a boldface lie.

SajuukKhar:

tony2077:

@Zeel
no, 90% of major plots points HAVE NOT been confirmed by trailers or the demo.

Thats a boldface lie.

i agree there trying hard to not spoil the game for people. the leaks were not intended so there trying to clean up the mess left behind by the people who try to screw it for the rest of us by saying somethings fact when its not. some art books have stuff from the final product but that's becuase some thing don't change. i haven't seen the script leak myself so i can't say and i don't have the full release date game yet either

well see you tomorrow zeel and sajuuk play nice with the littler kids you know your bigger then they are and they may get hurt

SajuukKhar:

tony2077:

@Zeel
No, every major plot point HAS NOT been confirmed by trailers or the demo or the Artbook, which i remind you IS NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FINAL PRODUCT.

That's a boldface lie.

Oh so the Kaidan/ashley thing
the prothean thing
the EDI thing
The Cerberus thing
The Illusive man thing
The Kai Leng thing
The Vega thing
The Mars thing
The spectre thing

That's all just 'up in the air' right?

so Zeel

I can go on naming things in the leak that have in no way been confirmed.

Aso a large number of things you said were confirmed BEFORE the leak came out. good job there.

SajuukKhar:
Snip

Holy shit! Please use a spoiler box. I know it's not confirmed, but even if there's a chance it may happen... You don't want to go talking about that stuff!

The Pinray:

Holy shit! Please use a spoiler box. I know it's not confirmed, but even if there's a chance it may happen... You don't want to go talking about that stuff!

Spoiler tag added.

though we HAVE spoiled a lot already.

SajuukKhar:
so Zeel

I can go on naming things in the leak that have in no way been confirmed.

Aso a large number of things you said were confirmed BEFORE the leak came out. good job there.

First woman. Spoiler tags. This isn't your personal journal where you can just go off on your tangent.

We just don't have any other information on the things you mentioned. Everything we've seen so far HAS confirmed the leaks. I don't see how you can deny that.

Everything we have seen so far is extremly basic and not plot critical.

Also I would like to point out artbooks FREQUENTLY contain drawing of ideas in alpha and beta versions of games that NEVER make it into the final cut

Just because

artbooks are a source for nothing.

As for the Prothean base on mars we have known that SINCE GAME 1.

SajuukKhar:
Everything we have seen so far is extremly basic and not plot critical.

Also I would like to point out artbooks FREQUENTLY continan drawing of ideas in alpha and beta versions of games that NEVER make it into the ifnal cut

Just because

artbooks are a source for nothing.

This is getting too spoilery. We are discussing the day one DLC not plot points of me3.

SajuukKhar:

The Pinray:

Spoiler tag added.

though we HAVE spoiled a lot already.

Thank you. :) And yeah, you're right. Still, better safe than sorry.

Also, I commend you for keeping your sanity throughout all this tango with His Highness.

If you don't want to go into spoilers then don't bring up how the leak has "confirmed" so much "plot critical" information then go on to list things like

The illusive man thing
The vega thing
The edi thing
the Specter thing

Seriously, hypocrisy much?

Also what makes it worse is that you say we are not arguing the plot points of ME3 but YOUR WHOLE REASON for being pissed is that the Prothean is supposedly PLOT CRITICAL to ME3, which would make it A PLOT POINT OF MASS EFFECT 3.

consistency you have NONE.

TopazFusion:

The Pinray:
snip

He spoilered his post, but your quote is still staring everyone in the face.
Spoiler it or snip it.

My bad, didn't even notice. Thanks for pointing that out, good sir.

It's been... dealt with.

SajuukKhar:
If you don't want to go into spoilers then don't bring up how the leak has "confirmed" so much "plot critical" information then go on to list things like

The illusive man thing
The vega thing
The edi thing
the Specter thing

Seriously, hypocrisy much?

Also what makes it worse is that you say we are not arguing the plot points of ME3 but YOUR WHOLE REASON for being pissed is that the Prothean is supposedly PLOT CRITICAL to ME3, which would make it A PLOT POINT OF MASS EFFECT 3.

consistency you have NONE.

what I said is far too broad to be considered a spoiler. the "vega thing" really, only someone who read the spoilers know what I'm talking about. It was you who brought up the legitmacy of the leaks.

Do I have to remind you that those leaks were during "content lockdown" mode, so nothing major could be changed at that point?

The Pinray:

TopazFusion:
snip

It's been... dealt with.

Too bad it was too late; I read the first one, and suddenly: "Aaah, my eyes! They burn with storied knowledge! It cannot be true!"

salinv:

The Pinray:

TopazFusion:
snip

It's been... dealt with.

Too bad it was too late; I read the first one, and suddenly: "Aaah, my eyes! They burn with storied knowledge! It cannot be true!"

I'm sorry. :'(

But remember, it's subject to change. Won't know until the game comes out... If that's any consolation.

do you remember that the leak was FROM A OLD VERSION OF THE STORY meaning it was made BEFORE content lockdown?

Ohh wait I forgot you "dismiss" that because Bioware always lies about everything, at least according to YOU and YOU CANT BE WRONG. /sarcasm

SajuukKhar:
do you remember that the leak was FROM A OLD VERSION OF THE STORY meaning it was made BEFORE content lockdown?

Ohh wait I forgot you "dismiss" that because Bioware always lies about everything, at least according to YOU and YOU CANT BE WRONG. /sarcasm

leaks were november, not "before content lockdown" nice try though.

The leaks were confirmed to be from a OLDER version of the script meaning the leaked script was from a version BEFORE November and thus BEFORE content lockdown.

nice try though.

SajuukKhar:
The leaks were confirmed to be from a OLDER version of the script meaning the leaked script was from a version BEFORE November and thus BEFORE content lockdown.

nice try though.

What do you mean "confirmed" as in they told you that right? The leaks were hacked from the LEAKED BETA sometime in Novemeber. Thus the leaks were as current as the game was at that time.

How many more lies are you going to swallow from Casey Hudson?

The Pinray:

salinv:
snip

But remember, it's subject to change. Won't know until the game comes out... If that's any consolation.

True, though as Zeel seems a bit zealous to point out, the leak (if it was true) happened late enough to worry as to its permanent value in the story. Regardless, there was no context; it might just happen that it is the only valid outcome at the time, and would just be weird to come out otherwise. At least (I hope) Bioware will make it classy and enjoyable in the end. Enjoy the story for not only the destination, but also the journey, non?

Just have to wait for the end.

Zeel,

I will believe the so called "lies", which you have yet to prove are lies in any way, from Casey as long as you keep making up baseless conspiracy theories and acting like they are fact beyond YOU think they are.

SajuukKhar:
Zeel,

I will believe the so called "lies", which you have yet to prove are lies in any way, from Casey as long as you keep making up baseless conspiracy theories and acting like they are fact beyond YOU think they are.

It's not a "conspiracy theory". The leak was just too late in development to get major changes. Why do you keep denying this?

Dear lord am I glad I found out this thread was still going on.

So in case anyone wants to know if I having anything new to sa- what? You don't? oh... well did everyone eat all the popcorn?

salinv:

The Pinray:

salinv:
snip

True, though as Zeel seems a bit zealous to point out, the leak (if it was true) happened late enough to worry as to its permanent value in the story. Regardless, there was no context; it might just happen that it is the only valid outcome at the time, and would just be weird to come out otherwise. At least (I hope) Bioware will make it classy and enjoyable in the end. Enjoy the story for not only the destination, but also the journey, non?

Yes, I'm very "Zealous" when it comes to the truth. I'm not just going to let her piddle in disillusion.

Because you have literally zero proof that it was from too late in the Dev cycle, beyond your word that Casey lies, which you have yet to prove.

You claim that the leak is from content lockdown stage, yet have not proved it.
You claim that Casey is a liar, yet have not proved it.
You claim that The Prothean is a plot critical character because a unproven script says so.

The only thing you argument stands on is a "BECAUSE I SAID SO" claim.

Your argument is more squishy then jello.

SajuukKhar:
Because you have literally zero proof that it was from too late in the Dev cycle beyond your word that Casey lies which you have yet to prove.

You claim that the leak is from content lockdown stage, yet have not proved it.
You claim that Casey is a liar, yet have not proved it.
You claim that The Prothean is a plot critical character because a unproven script says so.

The only thing you argument stands in is "BECAUSE I SAID SO".

Are you serious?
The leaks happened in November.

Content lockdown mode starts arounds September. If Casey claims there have been major changes HE IS lying to you.

The leaked script came out in November, and we have literally ZERO information of WHEN said script was made except that it was from a older built of the game.

PROVE that it was made AFTER content lockdown, because you have yet to do so, and beyond your "I SAID IT THUS IT MUST BE TRUE BECAUSE I AM INFALLIBLE" claim there is ZERO evidence pointing to it being post content lockdown, while there IS some proof that it isn't.

Again, Just because you say it is doesn't make it so.

Egotism =/= fact.

Zeel:

salinv:
snip

Yes, I'm very "Zealous" when it comes to the truth. I'm not just going to let her piddle in disillusion.

I am honestly highly inclined to disagree with your truth. However, as the last almost twelve hundred posts and now 35 pages have indicated, no progress has been made in this discussion. So, if you don't mind, I'm going to save myself and stop trying to join this discussion, and instead turn around on this bridge I am crossing so that I may find safety on the shores of sanity. See this torch in my hand? This bridge is going to burn, and when I'm on the other side, I shall turn around and watch the bridge burn and crumble, with the embers of the island that is this discussion flying through the air and laying the background. It shall be a glorious sight.

Sadly, all the popcorn has already been eaten. Maybe I can make due with these pistachios I brought with me.

Zeel:

salinv:

The Pinray:

You are zealous when it comes to the truth as told to you by the voices in your head it seems.

Sorry double post:

SajuukKhar:
The fact you result to calling me Sarah when you don't know my gender or name only shows how little of a argument you have.

Secondly no you didn't refute ANYTHING I said because
"BIOWARE ARE LIARS BECAUSE I SAID SO"
Is not refutation.

If he had half a brain (highly doubtful after reading his posts) he would have called you Karen, not Sarah. *Homeworld joke +1*

Also he likely does expect all jobs to be like his own where people sit around drooling on themselves during their breaks instead of using their brains. Hell I would be willing to bet that he has to have a waterproof keyboard for this very reason.

Are people really so ignorant as to believe that this wasn't scripted EXACTLY this way?

I mean haha, like DLC isn't planned? Or that perhaps the pricing scheme isn't decided MONTHS before the release? Come on. Connect the damn dots. This isn't some indie dev, working out of his house. This is a corporation. A company that employs a ton of people. How can people defend this cash grab as if there's anyway to justify it?

I swear the next DLC step is for companies to start charging us for patches and bug fixes. Though at this point I can't blame them. Half the damn community of dedicated gamers would just support them shouting the rest of the community are entitled.

Since when is it wrong for the CONSUMER to expect more for less?

Sovereignty:
Are people really so ignorant as to believe that this wasn't scripted EXACTLY this way?

I mean haha, like DLC isn't planned? Or that perhaps the pricing scheme isn't decided MONTHS before the release? Come on. Connect the damn dots. This isn't some indie dev, working out of his house. This is a corporation. A company that employs a ton of people. How can people defend this cash grab as if there's anyway to justify it?

I swear the next DLC step is for companies to start charging us for patches and bug fixes. Though at this point I can't blame them. Half the damn community of dedicated gamers would just support them shouting the rest of the community are entitled.

Since when is it wrong for the CONSUMER to expect more for less?

I'm with you on this one.
People aren't looking at this as consumers, they're looking at it as fanboys/girls. How dare they attack DEAR LEADER BIOWARE! They might....HURT SOMEONE'S FEELINGS!!! *GASP*

Alot of it seems to be post purchase rationalization (or in this case, Pre Purchase...scary).

And a few....well....

EA has people to spread the "good word".

I'm starting to wonder where Zeel's carer is.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 . . . 43 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here