BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 43 NEXT

cynicism mode on:

supply and demand mangs. Supply and demand. They do it cause they -can-

People can complain all they want, won't change a dam thing. Money is made; DLC makes more money. End of the day: Mass Effect 3 will sell like hotcakes regardless. Bioware-1 People - 0

I don't get it really. Next thing you know, they'll charge you an extra $10 or $5 just to have access to a game's multiplayer instead of needing an online pass. Then in order to play the main character you'll need to pay a few cash otherwise the game is locked down. The companies may say "We've done everything for the game already, but now since we've gotten this new latest DLC going that's pretty important to long committed fans, we'll charge them for this DLC even before the game comes out."

Gosh man. I understand DLC is optional to get and some people feel that you can live without it which is alright.. but why do I need to pay $10 extra just so a Prothean, from a very legendary race or rare for that matter can join my squad? Doesn't make sense.. and the only way to do this is I have to buy the best edition they have, without just buying the game new? Come now, there are better methods you know.. it's just a cash grab sorry to say.

They did this too with Dead Space 2 but it involved a DLC containing another standpoint in the story which was important. EA seems to rip people off and I fear Bioware is starting to agree with EA's tactics but now I am rambling on. I apologize v_v.

I was going to complain.

But then I remembered I still haven't bought any DLC for any of the Mass effects.

Do not have Mass Effect 3.

And honestly am okay with my options being presented to me early.

So yeah.

I'm okay with this.

DVS BSTrD:

Doc Theta Sigma:
Every comment in this thread:

"WE SHOULD GET THIS EXTRA, COMPLETELY OPTIONAL CONTENT FOR FREE BECAUSE OF REASONS."

The character is in the game. Without having to purchase DLC. You get all his dialogue, interactions with others etc. The only thing the DLC gives you is the option to have him as a squad member.

So they removed the whole point of having him in the game at all just to make a few extra bucks on opening day? This revelation was supposed to dampen my outrage HOW?

Everyone who isn't complaining on general principles is complaining because the Prothean is (presumably) important to the lore. Whether or not he is a squadmate seems irrelevant to that argument when you get the lore from him regardless.

Zeel:

anthony87:

Zeel:

What relevance does that have? Unless you're suggesting that by merely planning DLC, it should be included in the game at release (or available for free or whatever). You can't be suggesting that though, because that's utterly ridiculous.

They intended the prothean to be apart of the ORIGINAL GAME and NOT A DLC. Seeing as its in the freaking leaks. Then some suit over at ea game was like "oh no lets make this a dlc because the fans will go ape shit for it"
Thats what wrong with it.

They are right about one thing. They got our attention

As has been said, he is in the game regardless, the difference is whether or not he is a squadmate. And before you brush that aside because we get that from the leak, I'd like to point out that you also just cited the leak as evidence.[quote="j-e-f-f-e-r-s" post="7.351892.13935639"]Seriously, fuck this.

I did not become a gamer so that shit like this could become the industry norm. I remember going out and buying games for my PSX, and getting the complete fucking game.

For anyone not bothered: this is a fucking Prothean. This is a character who is integral to the story and lore of the Mass Effect universe.

Do you honestly, really believe that Bioware only started working on this for the last 3 months? That they finished development on the campaign, then thought to themselves "You know what would be really good to start working on now? Getting a Prothean into the game."

Lore stuff like that isn't (or at least shouldn't) be approached lightly. If Bioware were planning on including a Prothean in the game, you can bet they had that worked out at the earliest stages of development. The very idea that they decided to simply throw in a game-changing bit of lore as a throwaway development idea in the last 3 months is ludicrous. It would be like Valve deciding to develop a bit of DLC explaining the G-Man's origins as a bit of Day 1 DLC for Half Life 3.

This shit should't fly! The number of people willing to bend themselves over and get shafted in the arse simply because it's Mass Effect/Bioware is staggering. People like you are what's ruining gaming for the rest of us. The publishers are looking for every excuse to nickel and dime us to death, and you're willingly allowing them to do it to you. Have some common damn self-respect. You don't need this game. If Bioware have decided to shake you down for your money, don't take it smiling. Stand up for yourself. Tell them that this won't stand. And if it means you have to pass up on ME3, then fair enough. By the sounds of it, passing up on this game will end up saving you a lot of money.

The minute you let publishers get away with this sort of crap, you give them carte blanche to do it again and again. If we allow EA to get away with nickel-and-diming the story and lore of Mass Effect, they'll think they can get away with it in all their other games too. I do not want to be part of an industry where every game requires endless extra payments to unlock the full game. If your parents buy all your games for you then perhaps I can see why you'd be ignorant of the repercussions of such design choices, but speaking as someone working only a little above minimum wage, I simply do not earn enough to be able to buy all the downloadable extras and hacked up chunks of story that developers seem intent on throwing out now. I should not be forced to miss out on key story and game content, simply because I was unable to pay the extra 10-20 that some other, wealthier people were. It creates an industry which inherently favours those with more disposable income, and I don't like the idea of class-politics becoming a part of gaming.

I would like to point one thing out: according to the leak, the character is in the game regardless. The only difference is that the DLC lets him be a squadmate. You get the lore from him regardless.

I'll buy it used... Bioware can have $10 for the DLC.

Andy Chalk:
He also noted that development on From Ashes did not begin "until well after the main game went into certification," a point Executive Producer Casey Hudson expanded on through Twitter.

"It takes about 3 months from 'content complete' to bug-fix, certify, manufacture, and ship game discs. In that time we work on DLC," he wrote. "DLC has fast cert and no mfg., so if a team works very hard, they can get a DLC done in time to enjoy it with your 1st playthrough on day 1. On #ME3, content creators completed the game in January & moved onto the 'From Ashes' DLC, free w/ the CE or you can buy seperately."

That's bollocks though, the Prothean squadmate was leaked as a "thing" last year.

anthony87:

Macrobstar:

anthony87:

THE

PROTHEAN

IS

STILL

IN

THE

GAME!

THE

DLC

MAKES

HIM

A

SQUADMATE!

Has there been official confirmation of this? Cause all i've heard are scripts. Which to me is stupid, because of course the lines of a day one dlc will be in the script

The lines of the DLC couldn't be in the script because production on the DLC hadn't begun until after ME3 was completed.

So basically you have no idea how the prothean interacts in the game. The only thing we know (and not absolutely) is that The prothean squadmate was an idea from early november. That was removed because they wanted to squeeze more money out of guillable fans.

I've asked time and time again for confirmation on relevant dialogue and no one has given me evidence. If you are willing to shout "OMG PROTHEAN STILL IN DA GAME" I WANT TO SEE PROOF OF THAT.
Or shall I put it like this

SHOW
ME
THE
EVIDENCE

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:
*snip*

But yet when it was just a Collector's Edition add on, it was a-ok? That's the bit that makes me laugh about this arguement, people forgot all about it until it was available to buy for everyone.

DVS BSTrD:

Doc Theta Sigma:

"WE SHOULD GET THIS EXTRA, COMPLETELY OPTIONAL CONTENT FOR FREE BECAUSE OF REASONS."

The character is in the game. Without having to purchase DLC. You get all his dialogue, interactions with others etc. The only thing the DLC gives you is the option to have him as a squad member.

So they removed the whole point of having him in the game at all just to make a few extra bucks on opening day? This revelation was supposed to dampen my outrage HOW?

Everyone who isn't complaining on general principles is complaining because the Prothean is (presumably) important to the lore. Whether or not he is a squadmate seems irrelevant to that argument when you get the lore from him regardless.

Zeel:

anthony87:

They intended the prothean to be apart of the ORIGINAL GAME and NOT A DLC. Seeing as its in the freaking leaks. Then some suit over at ea game was like "oh no lets make this a dlc because the fans will go ape shit for it"

As has been said, he is in the game regardless, the difference is whether or not he is a squadmate. And before you brush that aside because we get that from the leak, I'd like to point out that you also just cited the leak as evidence.[quote="j-e-f-f-e-r-s" post="7.351892.13935639"]Seriously, fuck this.

I did not become a gamer so that shit like this could become the industry norm. I remember going out and buying games for my PSX, and getting the complete fucking game.

For anyone not bothered: this is a fucking Prothean. This is a character who is integral to the story and lore of the Mass Effect universe.

Do you honestly, really believe that Bioware only started working on this for the last 3 months? That they finished development on the campaign, then thought to themselves "You know what would be really good to start working on now? Getting a Prothean into the game."

Lore stuff like that isn't (or at least shouldn't) be approached lightly. If Bioware were planning on including a Prothean in the game, you can bet they had that worked out at the earliest stages of development. The very idea that they decided to simply throw in a game-changing bit of lore as a throwaway development idea in the last 3 months is ludicrous. It would be like Valve deciding to develop a bit of DLC explaining the G-Man's origins as a bit of Day 1 DLC for Half Life 3.

This shit should't fly! The number of people willing to bend themselves over and get shafted in the arse simply because it's Mass Effect/Bioware is staggering. People like you are what's ruining gaming for the rest of us. The publishers are looking for every excuse to nickel and dime us to death, and you're willingly allowing them to do it to you. Have some common damn self-respect. You don't need this game. If Bioware have decided to shake you down for your money, don't take it smiling. Stand up for yourself. Tell them that this won't stand. And if it means you have to pass up on ME3, then fair enough. By the sounds of it, passing up on this game will end up saving you a lot of money.

The minute you let publishers get away with this sort of crap, you give them carte blanche to do it again and again. If we allow EA to get away with nickel-and-diming the story and lore of Mass Effect, they'll think they can get away with it in all their other games too. I do not want to be part of an industry where every game requires endless extra payments to unlock the full game. If your parents buy all your games for you then perhaps I can see why you'd be ignorant of the repercussions of such design choices, but speaking as someone working only a little above minimum wage, I simply do not earn enough to be able to buy all the downloadable extras and hacked up chunks of story that developers seem intent on throwing out now. I should not be forced to miss out on key story and game content, simply because I was unable to pay the extra 10-20 that some other, wealthier people were. It creates an industry which inherently favours those with more disposable income, and I don't like the idea of class-politics becoming a part of gaming.

I would like to point one thing out: according to the leak, the character is in the game regardless. The only difference is that the DLC lets him be a squadmate. You get the lore from him regardless.

"That's bollocks though, the Prothean squadmate was leaked as a "thing" last year."

^
that

Prothean had been pretty much known from November. No way it was an "after-thought" for loyal fans. THat's bullshit. its entire premise was to encourage more collectors editions and you know what? Thats fine, aslong as you don't use fucking relevant lore characters.

Especially since I can't stand that type of developing. Develop the game first, worry about "DLC's" and "Bonuses" after the fucking game is released.

Steampunk Viking:

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:
*snip*

But yet when it was just a Collector's Edition add on, it was a-ok? That's the bit that makes me laugh about this arguement, people forgot all about it until it was available to buy for everyone.

Who cares how people figured it out. I find it ironic that in EA games attempt to milk more cash, they've threatened their own revenue. Good for them. stop this bullshit EA games. there is no reason on disc content should be denied to me.

Ay ya...it's no wonder we've considered ourselves some god's chosen people for two millenia. It's almost like people expect an entire team of content creators to sit on ass while the game is in someone else's hands, patiently awaiting the approval of the consumer to let them make more content.

I'm confused about something else, though, maybe you angry commenters can line something up for me: The full game, at release, which will be enormous, I'm sure, is $60. The CE, a special version of the game designed to have more content, specifically for those that want to pay more, is $80. The DLC alone sits at $10. Where's the issue?

Point of curiosity: This is Bioware's DLC we're talking about here. A fraction of them are actually outstanding (Legacy), but most of them hover around the "It's alright" territory. A fair portion of them were kinda crap. Ten to one says the extra content is going to feature a two or three hour side trip where you get some either a) overpowered loot or b) more useless crap to hawk for cash, alongside some snippety dialogue. Best of luck.

Zeel:

anthony87:

Macrobstar:

Has there been official confirmation of this? Cause all i've heard are scripts. Which to me is stupid, because of course the lines of a day one dlc will be in the script

The lines of the DLC couldn't be in the script because production on the DLC hadn't begun until after ME3 was completed.

So basically you have no idea how the prothean interacts in the game. The only thing we know (and not absolutely) is that The prothean squadmate was an idea from early november. That was removed because they wanted to squeeze more money out of guillable fans.

I've asked time and time again for confirmation on relevant dialogue and no one has given me evidence. If you are willing to shout "OMG PROTHEAN STILL IN DA GAME" I WANT TO SEE PROOF OF THAT.

SHOW
ME
THE
EVIDENCE

Haven't got any. Unfortunately all I've got is speculation until I've got the game. Call it a knee-jerk reaction if you will.

Do you have any evidence that the Prothean HAS in fact been removed from the main game?

Hell, maybe we're both wrong and there's more than one Prothean....which wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

Doc Theta Sigma:

It's a pleasure to see you again, as always, Mr. Strawman.

Seriously, though, all content is 'optional'. The line needs to be drawn somewhere, and content that is complete before the game is released is as good a place to draw the line as anything else.

Caramel Frappe:
I don't get it really. Next thing you know, they'll charge you an extra $10 or $5 just to have access to a game's multiplayer instead of needing an online pass. Then in order to play the main character you'll need to pay a few cash otherwise the game is locked down. The companies may say "We've done everything for the game already, but now since we've gotten this new latest DLC going that's pretty important to long committed fans, we'll charge them for this DLC even before the game comes out."

Gosh man. I understand DLC is optional to get and some people feel that you can live without it which is alright.. but why do I need to pay $10 extra just so a Prothean, from a very legendary race or rare for that matter can join my squad? Doesn't make sense.. and the only way to do this is I have to buy the best edition they have, without just buying the game new? Come now, there are better methods you know.. it's just a cash grab sorry to say.

They did this too with Dead Space 2 but it involved a DLC containing another standpoint in the story which was important. EA seems to rip people off and I fear Bioware is starting to agree with EA's tactics but now I am rambling on. I apologize v_v.

Actually you bring up a good point that I only now realized.

I remember when DLC 'first' came out. It was in the form of costume packs I think, and other little 'icing on the cake' type things. I didn't even notice the sneaky conversion from 'optional fun packs' to 'things that you will actually feel like you are missing out on regarding the game as a whole package'.

Just something to throw out here...but didn't they delay this game three months?

So in essence, they delayed the game 3 months that it didn't need to be, then used the time to add release day DLC.

That's bloody brilliant.

Honestly, I'm not upset about this. As CE content, I'm totally cool with extra stuff for CE purchasers (I'm one...had it reserved forever). This is a lot less painful to me than release day DLC for everyone boxed in the game.

Still...I would have rather had the game over the holidays without this prothean dude than waited till now and gotten him for free.

Bioware stopped being credible or supportable the moment they were bought by EA. They didn't pull any of this bullshit before EA.

And your damn right we're entitled, we're entitled to the same content developed for a full priced game regardless of the version we buy. Since when did "Loyal customers" who've come to expect a certain quality become "Entitled gamers" because we don't accept more and more chunks of a game developed before release being wetheld and sold back to us to exploit a purchase of a more expensive version, especially when it's essential story aspects?

Doc Theta Sigma:

Zeel:

Agente L:
What's up with the use of "gamer entitlement" at every bioware thread now?

Everyone that disagree with the way bioware does business now are angry gamers with "gamer entitlement? Is that a new buzzword or what?

Yes. That and "Bioware is telling the truth". I'd sooner bite off my thumb than believe a word that comes out of the Bioware's PR team. Their entire job is lie to the consumer.

AND HERE IS ZEEL. ALL BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW OVERLORD AND BASK IN HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. ALL HAIL ZEEL. ALL HAIL ZEEL.

But seriously, nobody is going to boycott this thing. Boycotts for video games have NEVER worked. People will bitch and moan, then go buy the game and forget why they bitched and moaned in the first place.

one: your avatar just seems to say the spirit of your post for some reason lol.

Second: its mass effect 3, a boycotter of this will need to have some serious willpower, which like 1% have... lol :)

Doc Theta Sigma:

Would you like it if a game started selling all its sidequests as "extra, completely optional content"? You know, all that development time and all that waiting around just to get like half of the playtime you could have gotten if the publisher didn't decide to be a gigantic money whore?

But it was developed by a magical separate team! THAT EXCUSES FUCKING EVERYTHING!

No, it doesn't. It sets a precedent and no one in their right mind should stand by it. People were fucking pissed when the Bioshock DLC was on the DVD. Why shouldn't they be pissed in this case? It's essentially the exact same thing.

... I am okay with this.

The Jakeinator:
I was going to complain.

But then I remembered I still haven't bought any DLC for any of the Mass effects.

Do not have Mass Effect 3.

And honestly am okay with my options being presented to me early.

So yeah.

I'm okay with this.

Someone? with sense? Oh praise be to Gork and Mork, there a few people have sense in this thread, but most are the "grr ea is evil, valve is good" mindset, entitled little buggers.

Sandytimeman:

Daystar Clarion:

Zeel:
I draw the line right here. You do not get to remove ESSENTIAL FUCKING content just to ship more fucking collector editions.

Added on content. Not cut content.

Something extra for people who buy the CE and available to buy if you didn't.

Not really I mean, story wise, a living breathing prothean is a HUGE deal. I mean wow a living being from a race that was wiped out 50,000 years ago but managed to help give you a fighting chance.

That seems pretty fucking critical to me.

I imagine just a few years down the road, right before the final cutscene of a game that would give you your ending an EA window will pop up and it will go, to see the final scene you'll need our Deluxe Ending DLC pack! It encludes an extra ending to the game! It's added content! (and the non DLC ending is just a cut to black "Game Over" screen without it.)

I know I'm going to sound very hipster on this...but I really enjoy not buying AAA titles anymore. They just nickel and dime us more, they become part of these heartless ginormous publishers like EA or Activision. Better to buy Indie and save yourself the heart ache of getting fucked on DLC.

that ending change you mentioned there sounds a lot like the broken steel dlc for fallout, but I think it saves itself as it fixes something that made no sense, instead of forcing money out of you

EA have realised that there powerhouse status on gaming is coming to an end, and they are milking every fan for every penny they can. For too long EA have had shoddy business practices and used popular titles(FIFA, Madden etc.) to screw people out of their hard-earned money. They are also the biggest endorser of, ''Used game are evilllllllllll'' mentality. They are soulless, unethical and downright greedy.

Just to remind people, EA also supported SOPA, so just think about that for a second.

Zeel's fervor over this has affected the mind of at least one consumer; I now want to buy the game and the DLC. Make of that what you will.

Still getting the game i'll just buy the DLC extra with the standard edition which will still save me 20 on the CE (retailing at 69.99). I should say i have played the rest of the series with all expanded DLC and got each game on release day.

Doc Theta Sigma:

Zeel:

Doc Theta Sigma:

AND HERE IS ZEEL. ALL BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW OVERLORD AND BASK IN HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. ALL HAIL ZEEL. ALL HAIL ZEEL.

But seriously, nobody is going to boycott this thing. Boycotts for video games have NEVER worked. People will bitch and moan, then go buy the game and forget why they bitched and moaned in the first place.

Dead Space 2
and
Battlefield 3

It worked on both those EA game titles. Stop trying to derail the issue.

It's wrong no matter how much they sell.

However you're acting like Bioware walked into your house on christmas morning, proceeded to steal every worldly possession you have and then slap you in the face for good measure. The characer is included in the game. The squadmate is not.

You see the difference? You're not losing anything. You're just whining like a child because you don't want to pay for extra content.

There is no Dana only Zeel! TBH I believe they developed it after, if this is true I doubt it fucks up the main game at all. It'd also fit with the idea they developed him as a squadmate but was there as a character anyway : P

poiuppx:
Zeel's fervor over this has affected the mind of at least one consumer; I now want to buy the game and the DLC. Make of that what you will.

Good riddance
Luckily I don't have to skip on it in my "zeal". I'll just get the same thing as you, for free, with no DRM, no Origin, all DLC included. Feel free to part with your money.

The DLC IS NOT CUT CONTENT nor IS THE CHARACTER REQUIRED TO GET THE FULL EXPERIANCE
http://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/q2sl2/i_am_jessica_merizan_community_manager_for/?sort=hot

I think there's a lot of misinformation out there and I wish the guy who made the initial video about it would have had an open mind before jumping to conclusions based on a leak we weren't ready to address. Since I'm a BioWare employee, I know people won't automatically trust me, but I hope people will consider that it wasn't cut content from the larger game. I was in Edmonton when we were finishing the game in November/December and I was in Edmonton again last month when they were working on the Day 1 DLC. It definitely was only possible to do because the main game was in certification (which means we had to wait for people to test it and make sure everything was good etc before we could get the greenlight to sell it). I also played the game WITHOUT the DLC in my first playthrough and honestly, it's an awesome addition but I was more than happy with what I was given in the game. It's bigger and more expansive than ever. Of course, I understand the concern but I hope we can all have an intelligent conversation about it and cover what the facts are in this situation.

Hope that helps a little bit. This is an awkward format to answer this question, but I know I could explain it if you were sitting next to me on a couch with some coffee/tea ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you understand that I'm in a position where to reassure you, it would require me to reveal story spoilers, something that I don't think is acceptable.

Personally, I began my career as an archaeologist (for serious!) and the events surrounding this new character speak to me. However, if it wasn't DLC, it definitely wouldn't have been in the main game. There's other things that didn't fit in the main game that may end up as future DLC.

Again, I think this is a cool edition and definitely intended as a reward for serious fans (many of whom have purchased the collector's edition so this isn't even an issue for them). However, I have played the game without it and the lore surrounding the DLC is in the game already, this character just gives their own take on it.

Was that any less vague or helpful to anyone? :P

Zeel:

anthony87:

Macrobstar:

SHOW
ME
THE
EVIDENCE

I would like to see your evidence that the content was cut out of the game instead of developed after like they said?

If you have no hard evidence you are just a liar and QQing for the sake of making a stink, as from what I can tell your entire argument is based around "WAHHHH I HATE BIOWARE SO THEY MUST BE EVIL AND STEALIN OUR CONTENT!"

The DLC IS NOT CUT CONTENT nor IS THE CHARACTER REQUIRED TO GET THE FULL EXPERIANCE
http://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/q2sl2/i_am_jessica_merizan_community_manager_for/?sort=hot

[-]jessicamerizan[S] 216 points 6 hours ago
I think there's a lot of misinformation out there and I wish the guy who made the initial video about it would have had an open mind before jumping to conclusions based on a leak we weren't ready to address. Since I'm a BioWare employee, I know people won't automatically trust me, but I hope people will consider that it wasn't cut content from the larger game. I was in Edmonton when we were finishing the game in November/December and I was in Edmonton again last month when they were working on the Day 1 DLC. It definitely was only possible to do because the main game was in certification (which means we had to wait for people to test it and make sure everything was good etc before we could get the greenlight to sell it). I also played the game WITHOUT the DLC in my first playthrough and honestly, it's an awesome addition but I was more than happy with what I was given in the game. It's bigger and more expansive than ever. Of course, I understand the concern but I hope we can all have an intelligent conversation about it and cover what the facts are in this situation.

Hope that helps a little bit. This is an awkward format to answer this question, but I know I could explain it if you were sitting next to me on a couch with some coffee/tea ;)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[-]jessicamerizan[S] 29 points 2 hours ago
I hope you understand that I'm in a position where to reassure you, it would require me to reveal story spoilers, something that I don't think is acceptable.

Personally, I began my career as an archaeologist (for serious!) and the events surrounding this new character speak to me. However, if it wasn't DLC, it definitely wouldn't have been in the main game. There's other things that didn't fit in the main game that may end up as future DLC.

Again, I think this is a cool edition and definitely intended as a reward for serious fans (many of whom have purchased the collector's edition so this isn't even an issue for them). However, I have played the game without it and the lore surrounding the DLC is in the game already, this character just gives their own take on it.

Was that any less vague or helpful to anyone? :P

DVS BSTrD:

Doc Theta Sigma:

Zeel:

anthony87:

To be honest, I like it if he isn't a squadmate. Think about it. This being has been in stasis, sleep, or whatever and you expect me to believe that he will just get up and start shooting like a boss only a few moments after being "thawed out"? Just keep him in the game as a talk-able person like Yeoman Kelly or Joker - I want the story from him, not his assistance in a fight. I have Zaeed and Grunt to kill husks for me.

Interesting that the first time this happens with Bioware is on the first release after EA bought them...

In the original post I believe Gamble stated that ~"From Ashes" includes the Prothean squad mate"~ not that his place in the game would be exclusive to Collector editions games just his aid in combat.

So why are people worrying about this so much I wonder? Gamble didn't say they were excluding him completely from the rest of the fans, He's probably still going to be in the game he just won't be shooting a gun for you. It's at the point now I think half the people who moan about Mass Effect are doing it just to conform to the majority instead of any actual concern about what they are raging about.

cieply:
Luckily I don't have to skip on it in my "zeal". I'll just get the same thing as you, for free, with no DRM, no Origin, all DLC included. Feel free to part with your money.

I know what you are. A pirate. This is not "I fight against ACTA" thing, this is theft. Thanks for reinforcing the pole = thief stereotype, I'm sure everyone appreciates your input.

cieply:

poiuppx:

Good riddance

Have to admit, your reply confounds me a fair bit. 'Good riddance'? Wasn't aware buying the game was a fatal decision. And thanks for permission to part with my money. Really appreciated.

I'll politely avoid fighting over the fact that you evidently have decided your 'zeal' means you get to steal the game. I mean, screw all the people who worked to make the game, this decision on their part as to what they can or cannot offer for their game means the moral right to theft is in your corner. Points to you, sir.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 43 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here