Pre-order Sniper Elite V2 to Kill Hitler

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Pre-order Sniper Elite V2 to Kill Hitler

An interesting piece of pre-order bonus content is giving players the chance to assassinate history's most nefarious villain.

505 Games has revealed that players who pre-order the upcoming tactical shooter Sniper Elite V2 before May will be given an exclusive bonus mission called "Assassinate the Führer." The highlight of this extra content is, of course, placing a bullet between the eyebrows of Adolf "I'm Too Evil For a Middle Name" Hitler, the man personally responsible for making a simple style of mustachery permanently unfashionable.

For those perhaps unfamiliar with Sniper Elite, the game features critically-acclaimed sniping simulation, accounting for everything from the shooter's position, distance, and stability to environmental factors such as gravity and wind. During "Assassinate the Führer," players will need to account for all of these potential obstacles and more if they hope to cap the Nazi bigwig as he exits his personal train.

Sniper Elite V2 is actually a remake of the original 2005 game of (mostly) the same name, and will be released for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 on May 5th. So, if you're into historical revision, those hokey time-travel episodes of your favorite television shows, or just someone who wants to watch virtual Hitler's brain go splat in slow-motion via Sniper Elite's X-ray cam, then you may want to secure an early copy of the game within the next few months.

Source: Digital Spy

All games should be marketed like this, "Pre-order NEOPETS and get the 'Nazi Assassin'! *While supplies last

i'd pre order the hell out of this game just to shoot the bastard multiple times. f**king charlie Chaplin mustache ruiner. oh and brutal racist homicidal a**hole.

i kidding, sheesh. honestly i have no idea how to react to this.

Best pre-order bonus ever?

I just wish they had the option of punching Hitler in the Face.
That's what I'd call some... Foxley Boxing!

I'm ordering this game anyway, loved the first Sniper Elite...

I guess this is a good bonus though...sort of

"Hitler, the man personally responsible for making a simple style of mustachery permanently unfashionable."

Try telling that to Michael Jordan.

http://www.kindofcreepy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/michael-jordan-mustache-hitler.jpg

I've already killed Hilter...twice.

First in Astro Boy and then in Bionic Commando.

Bisha!

Tanis:
I've already killed Hilter...twice.

First in Astro Boy and then in Bionic Commando.

Bisha!

Don't forget Wolfenstein 3D, played that game to no end, but no sniping sadly (wonder how that would have looked).

And a few months after the games' release, we get to kill Göring, Himmler, Goebbels, Mengele and the rest of the cuddly bastards as DLC!

ZehMadScientist:
And a few months after the games' release, we get to kill Göring, Himmler, Goebbels, Mengele and the rest of the cuddly bastards as DLC!

Pfft, you're not getting creative enough. Needs some 'Poison Stalin with the help of Beria' and 'Find a lamp post for Mussolini' missions. The 'Convict Tojo of war crimes and sentence him to execution' DLC might need a little work though.

They had me at shoot Hitler in the face.

Assuming I can afford it this DLC has pretty much sold the game to me.

As a Jew, this pleases me.

Now THIS is a pre-order bonus XD.

This has to be the best pre-order bonus ever! Screw getting a piece of armor or a new character skin, let me kill some of history's infamous dictators.

Wolfenstein let you kill Hitler BEFORE it was cool

OK, I hate pre-orders as it's asking to put money down on a game before any reviews have come in, essentially to buy the game on faith.

Will this mode still be available in paid DLC?

Gorilla Gunk:
"Hitler, the man personally responsible for making a simple style of mustachery permanently unfashionable."

Try telling that to Michael Jordan.

http://www.kindofcreepy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/michael-jordan-mustache-hitler.jpg

Oh, now everyone is going to think that black basketball star is a Nazi... wait.

Treblaine:
OK, I hate pre-orders as it's asking to put money down on a game before any reviews have come in, essentially to buy the game on faith.

Here, let me review the game for you; It's brilliant. It's a remake of the original, so if you haven't played it, do yourself a favor and play it(the original, obviously. You can't play something that isn't out yet....can you o_O)

Here's to hoping they kept split-screen multiplayer co-op.

-Samurai-:

Treblaine:

Here, let me review the game for you; It's brilliant. It's a remake of the original, so if you haven't played it, do yourself a favor and play it(the original, obviously. You can't play something that isn't out yet....can you o_O)

Here's to hoping they kept split-screen multiplayer co-op.

How can you say that when it's not out for another 3 months?

Yes is SHOULD be good but that doesn't mean they can't totally fuck everything up, like on PC (and I will only get the PC version) is horribly optimised or has invasive and crippling DRM. Or maybe it could just be Duke Nukem Forever that everyone expected to be brilliant but fell WAY short.

Look, game journalists have a job to do. I take very little on faith.

I do see this kind of DLC a form of blackmail, to withhold the complete content if the DARE to actually show some critical investigation into their product. Now IF they had done it another way, and just said "pre-order copies get the first batch of DLC for free" then that is different. But as is, I feel like some slimy car salesman is trying to pressure me into a sale.

Well, I enjoyed the first Sniper Elite. Fuck it, I'm in! KILL HITLER DEAD!

Wasn't it standard practice to murder Hitler in many games in the not-too-distant past? It feels kind of weird to see that we now have the chance to maybe kill Hiter (who is an actual human for some reason instead of a robot or, reanimated head) if we preorder. Maybe the 'Mass Effect 3 isn't complete' people should take a closer look at this one.

I am preordering this. Anything that lets me fufill my recurring fantasy of capping Hitler with a sniper rifle is good in my book.

Why do I have this fantasy? I dunno. But I finally have found the perfect game for me!

sooooooo not wor-
F*ck it I'm pre ordering.

My friend is so going to hear about this. I hope he gets it so we can try it together! >:D

...And people say on here that video games doesn't promote violence.

I guess someone in this world has to continually beat the dead horse with a sledgehammer.

When I was little, I shot Hitler so many times he literally melted into a pool of his own blood, only his head remained. But I knew it wasn't over. His head was still intact! Now, some 20 years later, this game gives me the chance to claim the rest of it!

EDIT: There's no pre-order button, I demand it! When/Where can I pre-order?

I still have to finish the first one. I think I got stuck because I couldn't plant charges on tanks, and mapping keys wasn't working or something.

Sniper Elite! Fuck yes! I love that game.

Honestly this has about as much appeal to me as being able to beat up Napoleon Dynamite in interactive buddy.

Sure, it'll be fun like, twice at most. But worthy of a pre-order? Doubtful

Fun fact: If Hitler had actually been assassinated while Germany still seemed to be on top, Germany might have won WW2.

In other words - by playing this you are aiding the advancement of the Third Reich!!! :O

does it allow you to kill Hitler while mounting on a mech suit with 2 chainguns?
no?
welp

Damn it! I really want to shoot this realistic looking Hitler, but why do I have to pre-order?

It's like with every game that comes out nowadays I'm expected to gamble on a game before knowing what's actually in it (except for killing Hitler of course).

Looks like a good game, but since I didn't play the first one (and I'm not going to now that a remake is on the way), I don't really know if it's worth the money.

I was gonna pre-order it anyway. I don't care much for killing Hitler. I find if hard to hold a grudge against someone who died long before I was born, regardless of what he did when he was alive.

And suddenly this game has about as many pre-orders as any Call of Duty game.

Because, as exploitive as it is, marketing a game with the ability to kill a horrible dictator in the world (Castro in Blops, Hitler in this game) sells very, very well.

Great. Video games are violating Godwin's law.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here