Mechwarrior Online Trailer Unleashes the Atlas

Mechwarrior Online Trailer Unleashes the Atlas

The Mechwarrior Online debut trailer is here to drop an Atlas on your face.

There's admittedly less to see in this new Mechwarrior Online trailer than I'd like, but I do like what I see: an Atlas heating up and then dropping onto Eaglesham in the year 3049, presumably to cause some trouble for an unlucky Warhammer pilot in the very near future. Do Atlases normally get dropped from this altitude? It seems a bit extreme to me, but hey, it looks impressive. So does the trailer itself, which the dev team confirmed on Twitter is enirely "in-engine."

It would've been nice to see some actual gameplay, and I'm a little bit disappointed by the lack of dubstep. And why are there so many hula girls in these videos? Somebody needs to get one of those "cat caught in door" things in their cockpit. Still, it's exciting stuff; kind of like the night before Christmas, except that instead of gaily wrapped gifts, somebody's going to get a face full of scorching hot plasma.

The free-to-play Mechwarrior Online is slated to come out later this year, exclusively for the PC.

This is so sexy. I want it now!

Let me be the first to say: Schwing!

Hurray for no dubstep. I think they cut the trailer short so we didn't see gravity take its toll on the Atlas.

Answers to both questions! Hot drops of mechs from that altitude are entirely possible, though its unlikely that it would be an Atlas. As for the hula girls, it's a throw-back to the original MW 5 trailer, and has become something of a "cake" meme over on the MWO boards

On a side note, I am incredibly stoked for this game to finally come to fruition; been waiting far too long for it

carletonman:
Answers to both questions! Hot drops of mechs from that altitude are entirely possible, though its unlikely that it would be an Atlas.

Would they not have external thruster pods on the hull of the Atlas to slow its decent like in Mechwarrior 4?

OT: I already have my profile and pilot name ready for when this game hits the world!

Looks great, though why any sane human being would be disappointed by a lack of Dub Step confuses me.

Saulkar:
Would they not have external thruster pods on the hull of the Atlas to slow its decent like in Mechwarrior 4?

It does have a thruster pack, it's the bulk of the yellow attachments strapped to the back and over the shoulders of the Atlas. You see it fire for a moment just before it falls out of view.

Face full of hot plasma? That's an AS7-D Atlas with an AC-20, not an Awesome with three PPCs.

Dinasis:

Saulkar:

It does have a thruster pack, it's the bulk of the yellow attachments strapped to the back and over the shoulders of the Atlas. You see it fire for a moment just before it falls out of view.

Yes I see it now. Lot smaller than I have seen in other adaptations.

Maxim 11: Everything is air-droppable at least once.

...Eaglesham?

I'm going to have to start assembling a playlist that is sufficiently ROCK when I play this game.

I came buckets.

That music was beautiful.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or