Mass Effect 3 Launch Trailer Redefines "Epic"

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Mass Effect 3 Launch Trailer Redefines "Epic"

The Mass Effect 3 launch trailer is out and holy kapowzers, it is awesome.

I've poked my share of fun at some of the overwrought, bombastic and flat-out loud pre-release videos for Mass Effect 3, but setting aside my gleeful cynicism for a moment, I have to admit that this launch trailer, the latest and greatest bit of cinematic overload to slip out of EA and BioWare, is pretty awesome.

Okay, fine. It's completely awesome. Incredibly, spine-tinglingly, mind-blowingly so. I am very impressed.

Yes, it's overwrought, with Shepard spouting a typical "do-or-die" speech over fast-cut clips of the galaxy getting bent over by the Reapers, and I could certainly do without that stupid "Inception BWAAAM" that's so inexplicably popular these days and the obligatory snippet of sex scene. But so what? It's got action! Explosions! Supporting characters! A huge fleet battle in space! If this doesn't get your blood pumping, I'm afraid there's just no helping you.

So are we excited or what? [Hint: The correct answer is "yes."] Mass Effect 3 comes out on March 6, just four days from today, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Looked pretty good, but I really wouldn't say it's less overwrought than the other trailers. I mean, I could really do without them taking out the most blatant attempted emotional manipulation from the demo (the little boy) and sticking it right here.

Andy Chalk:
Mass Effect 3 comes out on March 6, just four days from today, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Unless, you know, you live in Europe and you have to wait seven more days. Bloody Americans.

I think the greatest thing about this trailer is when Shepard tells the Illusive Man to go to hell. Can't wait to say that to him myself. Space battles are also cool.

I'm a little excited about this. I didn't just have a nerdgasim. I'm not counting down the hours until arrival. I'm am calmly waiting until I can get my hands on Mass Effect 3 and then I'll go crazy.

the trailer is awsome...
**here comes the "but"**
But lets not forget that explosions and sex is not what made mass effect great, it goes far deeper then that.

I'm Commander Sheppard and this is my favorite Trailer on the internet

Lacsapix:
the trailer is awsome...
**here comes the "but"**
But lets not forget that explosions and sex is not what made mass effect great, it goes far deeper then that.

Yes, but those ARE why we bought the game.

Suddenly I'm a little worried about my decision to let the Destiny Ascension blow up in the first game...

ChromaticWolfen:

Andy Chalk:
Mass Effect 3 comes out on March 6, just four days from today, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Unless, you know, you live in Europe and you have to wait seven more days. Bloody Americans.

I think the greatest thing about this trailer is when Shepard tells the Illusive Man to go to hell. Can't wait to say that to him myself. Space battles are also cool.

That will be cool, but this is what I'm really waiting for:

Also, I forgot to mention in my first post: this trailer is good, but I don't think it quite reached the point of being as good as the ME2 launch trailer. Hell, when you can have a character tell us to "fight for the lost" and have it actually still sound pretty cool, you've done it right.

Why must you torment me like this Bioware? GAHHHH!

Well, time to slip into a self-induced coma.

I got a little wet after watching the trailer.I've seen some messed up movies in the pass so a fake animated child dying doesn't tug on my hearts strings but the giant space battles and the possibility of wrecking the universe with Grunt and Wrex is just to epic to comprehend.

Meh, it was all right..... not enough Captain Anderson for my liking.

Shepard's opening speech was hella corny and incredibly self-important.....

But if Anderson had done it..... Then my mind would have overloaded with awesome.

I've fallen and I can't get up! Trailer... too... awesome.... heart... failing....

Veloxe:
Suddenly I'm a little worried about my decision to let the Destiny Ascension blow up in the first game...

You aren't the only one :/

So, this is exactly what the doctor ordered for me. I am officially hyped for this game.

And to anyone who thinks hype is some horrible disease, don't bother. I didn't see what the endings entailed, but I did see what the alleged problem with them was, and it doesn't bother me.

FUCKING.

HYPED.

My spine is still tingling just thinking of the music from the trailer.

The.Bard:

I've fallen and I can't get up! Trailer... too... awesome.... heart... failing....

You win this thr...

You win today. You just win today.

... Wait, no, second place. The trailer won today. You get second place.

"Go out there and give them hell. You were born for this."

Those type of cheesy, action movie over the top lines usually make me roll my eyes, but I have to say the guy who plays Garrus delivered that perfectly. Awesome.

You had me at 'go to hell.' You had me at 'go to hell.'

Ehhhh........well.
I liked it.

Reminded me of some of the more awesome moments from SG1/Atlantis, DS9, and Star Wars.
I mean a huge part of sci-fi is gigantic space battles, flashy combat, and huge amounts of drama.

This trailer delivered exactly that.
I mean do you want to put some 5 minute long convo in a trailer or what will say:
"HEY LOOK AT THIS BOOM BANG WOW FLASH EXPLOSIONS AND TITS!"

Y'know, up until now I thought the assorted trailers for ME3 were distinctly on the "meh" side.

I now stand corrected, and cheerfully so.

Shepard is still a total ham, though.

There is no way I'm missing out on this just because of all the bullshit. I'll just have to get a used copy.

Fr]anc[is:
There is no way I'm missing out on this just because of all the bullshit. I'll just have to get a used copy.

Aye, buy it new and you may pay more. Don't buy it new, and you'll pay less... at least a bit. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell the Reapers that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR SEXY TIME!

Be abit of a kick but imgine if they got the huge fleet together and where just wiped out one and all no damage done to the reapers and then "You exist because we allow it and you will end because we demand it"

Finally a trailer that shows me the sort of things I have been waiting to see out of this game: giants space battles, character interaction, and more alien locales and actions.

Up until this point, the trailers have been about Earth, combat, and that omni-blade thing they never seem to get enough of.

It's a nice change, though I can't say I had the epitome while watching it that the writer did.

I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say after you actually play the game LOLOLOLO

ChromaticWolfen:

Andy Chalk:

Also, I forgot to mention in my first post: this trailer is good, but I don't think it quite reached the point of being as good as the ME2 launch trailer. Hell, when you can have a character tell us to "fight for the lost" and have it actually still sound pretty cool, you've done it right.

I am so hyped for that inevitable verbal ass whooping I shall lay down on that asshat!

So we finally get to see some aliens in a Mass Effect trailer. Was about time!
My personal high point of this trailer was Shepard's "Go to hell!" to the Illusive Man. I wanted to do that since the guy first showed up in ME2.

ZeroMachine:

Veloxe:

I'm with you guys. My first thought: Wow, that's the Destiny Ascension, isn't it? Second thought: Ugh, well, I guess that means one less ship in my fleet.

Check out what happens if you romanced Tali here (warning, this will piss people off):

"If you're not ready to die, you're already dead." Paraphrasing but... really? That ranks up there with "We fight or we die, that's the plan". Nope, that's what you do when all of your plans and back-up plans have failed and you have nothing left. Can we tell that Bioware's lead writer quit yet?

Okay, okay. It does look suitably epic and supposedly they fixed all the mistakes from ME2 (haven't seen any sign of that in the ME3 demo yet...) So it is still worth... downloading :)

ZeroMachine:

Veloxe:

So, this is exactly what the doctor ordered for me. I am officially hyped for this game.

And to anyone who thinks hype is some horrible disease, don't bother. I didn't see what the endings entailed, but I did see what the alleged problem with them was, and it doesn't bother me.

FUCKING.

HYPED.

Quoted for two reasons:

1) Agreed.

2) The second half of the trailer's music (if you didn't know already) was done by a group called Two Steps from Hell. They create albums of nothing but purely "epic" music, and are definitely worth a listen. I hype them up every time I get a chance. I do love the actual music for the game as well for as much as we've heard of it; Clint Mansell (the guy they brought on for just this game) is doing a fantastic job.

*sniff*
Shepard.

Ok... HOLY SHIT! Now that's what I'm talking about! Too bad my Mass Effect 1/2 saves got wiped and I have to somehow play through both of them again before this one comes out...

sir.rutthed:
Ok... HOLY SHIT! Now that's what I'm talking about! Too bad my Mass Effect 1/2 saves got wiped and I have to somehow play through both of them again before this one comes out...

Just start up 2 and then edit the save with Gibbed's mass effect 2 save editor. you can select everything important from one and change it to fit your playstyle.

shado_temple:

ZeroMachine:

Veloxe:

FUCKING.

HYPED.

Quoted for two reasons:

1) Agreed.

2) The second half of the trailer's music (if you didn't know already) was done by a group called Two Steps from Hell. They albums of nothing but purely "epic" music, and are definitely worth a listen. I hype them up every time I get a chance. I do love the actual music for the game as well for as much as we've heard of it; Clint Mansell (the guy they brought on for just this game) is doing a fantastic job.

Excuse me while I go find these guys, listen to them, and make a mess in my pants compromised of excitement, epic, and awesome.

The.Bard:

*sniff*
Shepard.

This is becoming the best ME3 thread/article, and a lot of that work is because of you.

Thank you, sir. Thank you.

So... is it a movie or a game.

Saulkar:

ChromaticWolfen:

I am so hyped for that inevitable verbal ass whooping I shall lay down on that asshat!

Eh...get ready to be disappointed.

ZeroMachine:

The.Bard:

*sniff*
Shepard.

This is becoming the best ME3 thread/article, and a lot of that work is because of you.

Thank you, sir. Thank you.

I was born to do this!

Have you ever seen that movie... the one with the bald dude, and he has to keep his heart rate above a certain point, or HE'LL DIE? Crank, maybe?

That's exactly what I'm like, only I have to think about Mass Effect every 10 minutes. This isn't just a public service; I'm keeping myself ALIVE.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here