LulzSec Leader Outed As FBI Rat

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Zer_:

There's a reason they split off from Anonymous. What LulzSec did was retarded. Attacking the PSN network and causing it to go down for weeks on end was absolutely stupid.
I'll be the first to admit Lulzsec got what was coming to them.

Gamers are likely to support us as they know more about what we're fighting for! Quick! Knock off the PSN! That'll get them onside!

Andy Chalk:

Silvianoshei:
This is the only thing I don't like. Threatening to leave his children without a father or as orphans is a pretty terrible thing to do.

If you can't do the time, etc.

...then punish the children.

Kids, they fucking ruin everything. Rats also always get fucked over, it's a rule that they get what comes to them eventually and there is very little wrath like Anonymous. Whether you think it's effective or devastating wrath is irrelevant, it's pretty unique.

LulzSec isn't Anonymous who has no head to cut off, so I'm not going to be surprised if this really is the end for them. I feel sorry for this guy though, he was stupid and didn't know what he was getting into, or did he think he couldn't be caught?
Either way he should not have bet anything he wasn't willing to lose.

SteelStallion:

Andy Chalk:

Silvianoshei:
This is the only thing I don't like. Threatening to leave his children without a father or as orphans is a pretty terrible thing to do.

What do you recommend?
Someone broke a bunch laws, oh wait he's got kids, give him a pass.
Yea, it sucks those kids had a bad dad. Shit happens sometimes.

ResonanceSD:

Carsus Tyrell:
So all that bollocks about teh threedums and the snivelling worm still ends up turning out a grass? Pfft, hope he doesn't plan on keeping those kneecaps.

What's the saying? Snitches get stitches?

You can't give someone stitches over the internet, so I think it's fair to say he's pretty safe from any computer geek attacks. Especially since he's working closely with the FBI.

My only hope is that LulzSec don't harrass the guy's family now. In the end, the guy was forced into talking, and it's not the fault of his partner and kids.

I'm going to optimistically hope they have enough sense to leave them be.

Glerken:

SteelStallion:

Andy Chalk:

What do you recommend?
Someone broke a bunch laws, oh wait he's got kids, give him a pass.
Yea, it sucks those kids had a bad dad. Shit happens sometimes.

Kids. Not an effective defence mechanism.

Knight Templar:
LulzSec isn't Anonymous who has no head to cut off, so I'm not going to be surprised if this really is the end for them. ... he was stupid and didn't know what he was getting into, or did he think he couldn't be caught?
Either way he should not have bet anything he wasn't willing to lose.

Most of this. However, I'm pretty sure that he knew exactly what he was getting into. One slip up was all it took to expose him.

SenseOfTumour:
My only hope is that LulzSec don't harrass the guy's family now. In the end, the guy was forced into talking, and it's not the fault of his partner and kids.

I'm going to optimistically hope they have enough sense to leave them be.

Dude, this is the internet. Remember all the hate with ocean marketing? People threatened his family, that was on a colossally smaller scale than this.

Silvianoshei:

Andy Chalk:

Monsegur, described by FoxNews.com as an "unemployed, 28-year-old father of two," apparently flipped on the group in order to avoid being separated from his children. "It was because of his kids. He didn't want to go away to prison and leave them," a law enforcement official said. "That's how we got him."

Also want to point out that his name is freaking awesome.

It's not terrible. He is a fucking felon. Giving him a chance to be with his children is an incredibly benevolent thing to do, not the other way around.

2012 Wont Happen:

It's not terrible. He is a fucking felon. Giving him a chance to be with his children is an incredibly benevolent thing to do, not the other way around.

People have said this and I have already responded. If you're interested go and read them.

What's the world coming to when a guy who didn't steal, murder, or physically harm another human is being demonized. Yeah he broke a couple laws, big deal. Graffiti is illegal to, but I don't think Banksy is a criminal.

Dalvyn:
What's the world coming to when a guy who didn't steal, murder, or physically harm another human is being demonized. Yeah he broke a couple laws, big deal. Graffiti is illegal to, but I don't think Banksy is a criminal.

Ok, I'm not sure if you know this, but the above statement is somewhat disingenuous. There is quite a large difference between graffiti and data theft.

So someone robs you without physically harming you, that's ok right?

Last I remember they didn't steal any money. If someone stole my username and password, I'd be upset, but if they didn't do anything with it then I wouldn't want them thrown in jail. Hell, it's possible my PSN account was one they got.

No harm no foul.

Double post.

Dalvyn:

He did help shut down PSN for 5 weeks. Fuck that. He stole Credit Card info as well.

I guess the lulz are on the other foot now.

Wow, four pages and not a single "TANGO DOWN" comment? Seriously I am abit saddened.

Good for us, scumbag hacker wannabe revolutionists deserve this and more for what they have done. You'll excuse me if I don't shed a tear that he had to think of his kids only after getting caught for you know breaking the law.

I like this... but I don't think they'll take this sitting down...

...I think it's gonna be hell for a bit... just give them some time to plan it out...

Parnage:
Wow, four pages and not a single "TANGO DOWN" comment? Seriously I am abit saddened.

TANGO DOWN.

There. Just for you. =P

ThatLankyBastard:
I like this... but the war has just begun... I don't think they'll take this sitting down...

...I think it's gonna be hell for a bit... just give them some time to plan it out...

Lol, the feds have visited quite a few individual anons after today's news. Reckon any of them will have the courage to do anything now that they've been identified?

ph0b0s123:
So the old adage 'no honour among thieves', seems to be the same for hackers....

That's actually what I was thinking. If you're caught, you might as well bring down everyone else.

So just don't get caught. You know how to do that? Just don't do it.

I can honestly say I'm pleased to see the group take a hit. Acting like there are no consequences for your actions shouldn't be allowed to go unpunished.

They played with fire, and then they got burnt. Glad these thieves and fools got what they deserved. I can only hope that Anon will get burnt next.

ResonanceSD:

ThatLankyBastard:
I like this... but the war has just begun... I don't think they'll take this sitting down...

Lol, the feds have visited quite a few individual anons after today's news. Reckon any of them will have the courage to do anything now that they've been identified?

...I've seen smarter people try stupider things... I won't be at all surprised...

...do I know you from another thread? You seem familiar...

ThatLankyBastard:

ResonanceSD:

ThatLankyBastard:

...I've seen smarter people try stupider things... I won't be at all surprised...

...do I know you from another thread? You seem familiar...

Courage is not the absence of fear.

Also there's a marked difference between bravado and a dumb idea.

I don't care what it is Lulzsec did, threatening to take a man from his kids if he doesn't betray his organization? That's low shit right there.

Good, no respect and no sympathy, people like this do nothing but give government better footing when trying to push laws like SOPA & PIPA.

Not to mention DDOSing The Escapist left me a very unhappy individual.

Silvianoshei:

Andy Chalk:

Monsegur, described by FoxNews.com as an "unemployed, 28-year-old father of two," apparently flipped on the group in order to avoid being separated from his children. "It was because of his kids. He didn't want to go away to prison and leave them," a law enforcement official said. "That's how we got him."

Threatening? It's called the law guy. Break the law, go to prison. Simple as that. Having dependents doesn't make one immune to the law.

All the children did is probably serve as persuasive argument on the part of the FBI for his helping them. ie "If you rat out your friends, we can negotiate for less or no jail time, enabling you to raise your children".

well part of me feels a bit sorry for the guy
but I am also kind of happy they took some of them down luzsec are jerks and anon needs to be taken down a peg

SteelStallion:

Andy Chalk:

Silvianoshei:

Or, reward the children by giving them parents who are not lowlife criminals.

Double post for some reason.

Incidently why the hell won't this website let me LOG OUT?!!

I've been saying that being so sloppy and attacking things at random was a sure-fire way to get arrested. It looks like I proved right. Surprise surprise.

"It was because of his kids..." a law enforcement official said. "That's how we got him."

Am I the only person who gets freaked out reading this?

Freezy_Breezy:
"It was because of his kids..." a law enforcement official said. "That's how we got him."

No, you're not. I kinda did too, but then I got flamed. I'm not going to respond to people again, read my responses in the thread if you're keen.

Silvianoshei:

Freezy_Breezy:

No, you're not. I kinda did too, but then I got flamed. I'm not going to respond to people again, read my responses in the thread if you're keen.

They most likely did threaten him, however they did so by stating what always happens when you have such felonies on record. You lose custody, it's simple as that. As far as interrogation methods go, that's not all that bad.

They should wait till after he's given them all the information he has, then still pretend to take his kids for like a week. You know for the lulz.... (half joking)

Seriously if I feel sorry for anyone it's the kids since they can't help their dad's an idiot

It seems like Anon is not as dead as people thought. They just hacked open and took over the site for panda security

http://pastebin.com/LM9vdNWy

http://cybercrime.pandasecurity.com/

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook