Blizzard Announces Diablo III Release Date

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Blizzard Announces Diablo III Release Date

The long-awaited action RPG arrives early summer.

The long wait is over! Blizzard announced today that Diablo III, the highly anticipated RPG will launch early this summer on May 15th. Eager fans can digitally pre-order the upcoming action-RPG through Blizzard's website and start preloading the game today.

"After many years of hard work by our development team and months of beta testing by hundreds of thousands of dedicated players around the world, we're now in the homestretch," said Blizzard CEO and cofounder Mike Morhaime. "We look forward to putting the final polish on Diablo III over the next two months and delivering the ultimate action-RPG experience to gamers worldwide starting on May 15."

Diablo III sends players to New Tristram, the small village built near where the series began, as they battle to free the world of Sanctuary from the demonic forces of the Burning Hells. Players can pick from one of five character classes, each with their own unique skills.

Diablo 3 will retail for $59.99, and a special collector's edition will be available for $99.99. The collector's edition will include behind-the-scenes content, the Diablo III soundtrack, exclusive content for World of Warcraft and Starcraft II and more. WoW players can also nab Diablo III for free when they sign up for an Annual Pass before May 1st.

Good news... but.. I'll believe it when I see it.

Great, no summer for me.

yes!!! yes!!! yes!!!

and the kept their promises, announcing 2 months for release.

Cool, I guess. I'll watch the campaign LP's and read the story off the wiki to figure out what happens, and then maybe pick it up from the bargain bin in a couple years. Unless it, you know. Turns out to be any good.

Now, Heart of the Swarm, on the other hand...

Now to see how Torchlight 2 responds.

Maybe now that you guys have a official release date you can finally do the rest of those "Escapist Pre-Diablo Videos".

I'll believe it when I see it.

I just want Torchlight 2.

Hell is enduring Blizzard time.

Pandaman1911:
Cool, I guess. I'll watch the campaign LP's and read the story off the wiki to figure out what happens, and then maybe pick it up from the bargain bin in a couple years. Unless it, you know. Turns out to be any good.

Now, Heart of the Swarm, on the other hand...

LIVE FOR THE SWARM!

TwiZtah:
Great, no summer for me.

I remember the summer of Diablo II...Yea it's going to be a repeat of that.

A lot of hype for this game, I sense dark times coming.

Despite this I'm looking forward to it, seems like good time to get invested in this franchise.

AC10:

Pretty much this. I don't like what Blizzard did with Diablo 3. Also what's the deal with the 60 dollar price tags. Not cool.

END TIMES ARE NIGH

I probably should start getting the 60 dollars to get to talk shit about the game as soon as possible. After all, all I could shit talk about until now were what we've seen about the game.

I smell a glorious shitfest.

AC10:

It's interesting to me you come on a lot of these D3 news threads saying you just want T2. But then why do you bother looking at the news articles with titles about D3.

Wait, it's gonna cost 60 bucks? And it has always on DRM? And a real money auction house? Holy shit they have big balls. I guess they assume we're all so eager to get Diablo 3 that we'll ignore all their BS, but I really hope we're not. It's time to stand together, people!

"collector's edition will be available for $99.99. The collector's edition will include [ ... ] exclusive content for World of Warcraft and Starcraft II"
Screw you Activision for tainting this big a thing for gaming. This even eclipses EA's Mass Effect 3 shenanigans. ._.

GeorgW:
Wait, it's gonna cost 60 bucks? And it has always on DRM? And a real money auction house? Holy shit they have big balls. I guess they assume we're all so eager to get Diablo 3 that we'll ignore all their BS, but I really hope we're not. It's time to stand together, people!

The Blizzard Activision union was the most unholy thing to ever happen in the gaming industry. Its like Satan having a love child with Kali at least as far as greed goes.

Ahhhh, finally a release date. A month before the most important exams of my life. FUCK YEAH.

Spaec:
"collector's edition will be available for $99.99. The collector's edition will include [ ... ] exclusive content for World of Warcraft and Starcraft II"
Screw you Activision for tainting this big a thing for gaming. This even eclipses EA's Mass Effect 3 shenanigans. ._.

How? You get a non-combat pet in WoW, some special gearcolors in Diablo 3 and a couple of different avatars in Starcraft 2.. which is all cosmetic.

It's not even in the same league as Mass Effect 3.

GeorgW:

With Diablo III? HAhahahahahahaha good luck with that

Spaec:

Why because they are offering exclusive content for WoW and Starcraft? WoW is full of exclusive content that you can only get one way, and what will they do for starcraft? it's not like they can release extra armor or weapons, if anything it will be small bonus stuff like extra MP maps, or in game artwork.

Caniroth:

Spaec:

How? You get a non-combat pet in WoW, some special gearcolors in Diablo 3 and a couple of different avatars in Starcraft 2.. which is all cosmetic.

It's not even in the same league as Mass Effect 3.

I think that was sarcasm on his part. Welcome to the escapist :D

OT: I dont believe it. I cant believe it till i see it. Theyve delayed it so many times i dont trust it >.>; Maybe when April starts to end i'll believe what theyre saying. But until then, i'll just keep this promise at arms length.

GeorgW:
Wait, it's gonna cost 60 bucks?

I'll allow it. It's a Blizzard game, not Cod25 with a 2 hour campaign and copy paste multiplayer.

GeorgW:
And it has always on DRM?

That is some bullshit indeed, but I do want to play this with friends anyway, so it doesn't affect me.

GeorgW:
And a real money auction house?

Don't care, never gonna use it. Might even prove useful later when I have an MF character all set up (if MF still exists, don't know).

Eric the Orange:
Now to see how Torchlight 2 responds.

Maybe now that you guys have a official release date you can finally do the rest of those "Escapist Pre-Diablo Videos".

Dont worry we will find out in a week the torchlight 2 release date will be May 10th.

Carnagath:

GeorgW:
Wait, it's gonna cost 60 bucks?

I'll allow it. It's a Blizzard game, not Cod25 with a 2 hour campaign and copy paste multiplayer.

GeorgW:
And it has always on DRM?

That is some bullshit indeed, but I do want to play this with friends anyway, so it doesn't affect me.

GeorgW:
And a real money auction house?

Don't care, never gonna use it. Might even prove useful later when I have an MF character all set up (if MF still exists, don't know).

Thank you for making the responce I was going to do.

Although I would have used the "I am always online anyway" rather than the friends, but they both work.

People can complain about "Blizzard time" all they want, but dammit, they always make sure they use that time to make their games as bug-free as possible. Regardless of whether or not you wanna complain about balance issues or story issues, the one thing Blizzard never fails at is QA testing. (I'm looking at you Bethesda and Obsidian)

artanis_neravar:

GeorgW:

Spaec:

Why because they are offering exclusive content for WoW and Starcraft? WoW is full of exclusive content that you can only get one way, and what will they do for starcraft? it's not like they can release extra armor or weapons, if anything it will be small bonus stuff like extra MP maps, or in game artwork.

Well, the portraits in SCII yes, but, they can also change how the units look. With the SCII collectors edition for example people got a special Thor skin that can be used in multiplayer.

Eric the Orange:

AC10:

It's interesting to me you come on a lot of these D3 news threads saying you just want T2. But then why do you bother looking at the news articles with titles about D3.

I'm not actively seeking out every diablo 3 discussion. This one was on the front page in big huge letters, so I clicked it.

Well I guess I've still got until then to make up my mind to if i'm buying it or not.

GothmogII:

artanis_neravar:

GeorgW:

Spaec:

Well, the portraits in SCII yes, but, they can also change how the units look. With the SCII collectors edition for example people got a special Thor skin that can be used in multiplayer.

It's still a skin, it doesn't make your units any stronger than if you didn't have it

GeorgW:

I played the Beta. I had my trepidations at first about the always on stuff and auction house. But the beta changed those trepidations into confirmation that I was absolutely NOT going to buy this game.

It wasn't even fun. It was also laggy. Maybe my roommate was downloading something, I don't know,. What I do know is my single player game should not have fucking latency issues no matter who is downloading what. I mean these were BAD. Like, fire a spell, watch the animation, wait 1 second and then the projectile releases and enemies teleport everywhere as the game syncs, BAD.

AC10:

^Yup.

I can't hack the constant net connection for single player, nor do I want to encourage the single-player-games-as-services trend that's inevitably going to kill gaming for me once and for all.

GothmogII:

As someone who watches majority of pro tournaments in SC2 I think I've seen the CE Thor only appear once or twice in last year. Not big deal really.

Still 60 euro (because that's the EU price, hurray...) for unfinished game (PvP got cut..among other things) is little steep. Sorry Blizzard.
And where is HotS release date by the way? It was supposed to come way before Diablo 3 :<

... Do you guys see my avatar?

... I am smiling FAR MORE than he is now.

I don't understand about the always on thing being a bad thing. Shit 95% of my games are on steam, so...yeah. I am so addicted to the net that I'll got without food if I have to, to make sure that I have net.

So I am literally always on the net, thus its not an issue for me.

I'm buying the collector's Edition myself, of this and the WoW expac, and the CE of Heart of the Swarm. Whenever that comes out.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here