Blizzard Reveals Mists Of Pandaria's Lady Pandaren

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Blizzard Reveals Mists Of Pandaria's Lady Pandaren

In the interest of gender equality, World of Warcraft's upcoming Mists of Pandaria expansion includes anthropomorphic pandas with biologically inexplicable lady parts.

That picture at right would be the first official image of MoP's distaff Pandaren. How do we know that they're ladies? Why, they have stereotypically human bosoms, of course! Not that there's any logical reason for pandas to be busty, but then again there's no logical reason for pandas to know martial arts, so I suppose Blizzard wins this round.

You'll find a few more pictures of these feminine abominations unto nature in the gallery below, but if any of you are inclined toward the sexualization of this sort of thing, please keep it to yourself. We aren't here to judge, but actually I'm lying; we are totally here to judge. Harshly, and with childish giggling.

In typical Blizzard fashion, Mists of Pandaria is scheduled for release "when it's done," though most expect the expansion to hit shelves before the end of 2012.

Hey, is it just me or are my eyes bleeding right now? I need a doctor.

AAAAHHHHHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! AHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Oh wow. Oh WoW. OH WOW.

The trolling potential. Do you all see it?

I'm laughing for real right now. Hard.

I think she's kinda cute. Bit of a dwarf vibe going on, although as I recall WoW's lady dwarves shave their faces.

Aww, isn't she cute. Good for them, because that's the only cute thing about Blizzard in a long time.

They are more human like because if they weren't even fewer people would want to play them. Go find a picture of the original female trolls, then come back and say this is bad.

Well, at least pandas are mammals. The upright walking is just as unlikely (if not moreso).

tehweave:
Yup.

Furries.

They're pandaren to that demographic now. Furst the worgen, now pandas.

Freechoice:

tehweave:
Yup.

Furries.

I always thought Blizzard was abreast that sort of thing.

shameduser:

Freechoice:

tehweave:
Yup.

Furries.

They know how to entice with digtital avatars.

:I No me gusta.

They should have kept this hidden until launch. That way i would have my respect for WoW a little longer. Just a little.

Sometimes I wonder why I stopped playing this game, then I am reminded why by a large panda with breasts and a long flowing head of hair on top of, a head covered in hair.

At least when The Fonz jumped the shark, he still had that kick-ass leather jacket on.

Why are people making a fuss about the Pandaren again? The Tauren are one of the original Horde races since classic and nobody said a word about there being a playable race of anthropomorphic bovines, lest we forget the kobolds, gnolls and furbolgs to name a few of the beastman races which inhabit the world.

Given the concept of the Pandaren, this really is about the best they could have done. I still can't say I care for her design, though. (Personal Opinion Alert!) There really isn't any way to make Pandaren not look, well, cutesy, and just a bit silly, at least not without irreparably clashing with WoW's art style.

Not that my opinion is all that relevant as an ex-player, anyway, seeing as I can't afford the game and the only way Actizzard could tempt me back is by offering to pay my mortgage in exchange.

Wow the female of another species in WoW looks like a pallet swapped human woman. Who could have seen THAT coming?
Actually, that doesn't bother me at all

shameduser:

Freechoice:

tehweave:
Yup.

Furries.

I think she looks absolutely Po-fect

I think the Argonians from Elder Scrolls lore having boobs is more bullshit than this. Plus, there's so many other things we could make fun of! For example, that oh so magical name Pandaria.

At least they seem to have listened to sense and not made another blood elf sized female form.

Pandas are rarely found on a diet, and as such shouldn't look like a black n white catgirl.

Seems some people would only be happy if the Pandarien race was actually a panda, with no human like features whatsoever. It's not a panda, its a fictional race with some similarities to pandas.

Also, people seem to rage about attractive faces on WOW characters as tho making every female hideous would be some great step forward in the battle of the sexes or something. Missed that meeting.

Sort out every advert in the history of the universe, then pop back and sort out the sexism in WoW :)

As for breasts, most larger females have larger breasts to go with it, it's far more ridiculous that all blood elves are tiny waisted playboy models with D cups. Of course, there's always the option of a breast slider, but this is male gamers we're talking about, you may as well set it at 100% and unmovable and I imagine it'd be a couple of months before anyone noticed.

Oh goodness, it's not another walking hourglass with chest torpedoes who'd have to eat her peas one at a time if she existed in real life? The 14-year-old pocket-mining demographic will NOT be happy.

I really really really don't understand the reason for the vitriol seeping from this article. It's really confusing and off putting, I don't see what's so terribly wrong with these models.

well, thats about what i expected actually, notta whole lotta ways to go with 'female panda that walks on 2 feet' besides 'anthro'

bad joke edit: are they endangered to?

I don't know what everyone expected :/ they do that to every race in their game, trolls, orc, undead, whatever really. No matter how ugly or overdesigned the males of the race are, the females are much more classically humanized.

I don't understand why people are up in arms.

The model is a bit too cutesy in the face for me. I know it would be difficult to make them look fiercer, but they managed to pull it off with the males. Can't see why they can't do it with the females. They did claim that there are multiple face options, so there is some hope... though I have been hurt before. I'm looking at YOU female worgen.

Her breasts aren't really big at all, she just kind of has them to signify she is a female, and I thought that is all that people wanted?

*sigh* but people will find anything to moan about in something they already dislike for whatever reason. Which is why things like the Bioware hate spun out of control.

dalepayne:
co-worker's mother made $19860 the previous month. she is getting paid on the laptop and bought a $513800 house. All she did was get lucky and make use of the instructions given on this site Nuttyrich.com

Just to let you know, you will get banned here pretty quick, this website has a very low tolerance for things like this.

Eh, is a panda. I don't see anything special beyond the usual "it is woman therefore tits" mentality that is present in all games.

Lunar Templar:
well, thats about what i expected actually, notta whole lotta ways to go with 'female panda that walks on 2 feet' besides 'anthro'

bad joke edit: are they endangered to?

Something else to note is that you can also be a Red Panda instead, complete with a tail.

miashin:
I really really really don't understand the reason for the vitriol seeping from this article. It's really confusing and off putting, I don't see what's so terribly wrong with these models.

imageimage

Mostly that.

~nose bleed~

Orekoya:

miashin:

*picture snip*

Mostly that.

I donīt get it.

I think there were really only two options this one or making the males and females almost identical. the only problem I have with the design is the extra headhair but meh.

And yet the males of the race look very fat and round, like actual pandas, just standing upright.

Why the double standard Blizzard, huh? Why don't we have male pandas with toned, muscly abs? Granted I don't know anyone who would want to see a ripped panda bear, but the point still stands.
Although, in terms of human body sizes, those panda ladies would be seen as large, so I guess it's good that they don't look like super models.

Yet there was no problem for Tuaren females having breasts? i don't see how this is a problem.

I fail to see the problem, they look fine.

And I'm looking forward to this expansion, it'll be a nice break from the previous expansions where it was all BAND TOGETHER AND SAVE THE WORLD FROM DESTRUCTION and shit.

pffh:

Orekoya:

miashin:

*picture snip*

Mostly that.

I donīt get it.

I think there were really only two options this one or making the males and females almost identical. the only problem I have with the design is the extra headhair but meh.

Compare the models, they are virtually identical. That it is a furry dwarf which looks like it took the effort of five minutes to make after they lavishly and lovingly assembled Samwise's fursona. That seems to be the nature of most people's vitriol.

Either that or their vitriol comes from hating furries.

I actually think she's quite cute, in a Tales of Redwall sort of way.

And seeing as mammals are defined by the presence of mammary glands, I think it's significantly less biologically inexplicable than the fact she's walking upright. Perfectly upright motion is actually really hard in nature (we take it for granted simply because we can do it). Even birds have to cheat by using their necks and tails to balance themselves. So this is a panda with an incredibly advanced inner ear compared to all other types of bear.

The mammaries are just a) a bit big and b) probably too high up on the torso.

Aaaaaanyway... Is Blizzard really still developing new content for WoW? Feels like that game has been going for an eternity.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here