Gamers Ship 400 Cupcakes to BioWare in Protest of Mass Effect 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Leximodicon:
You stupid cock sucker fucking nerd bitches. Let the game just go away, alright, we played it, we beat it now do something else, fucking watch a movie, play another game who fucking cares but just let ME3 go.

I second this, but we all know nerd ragers never go away, look at Star Wars fans.

It's a shame people don't use their time and energy productively in this world.

That is very, very funny and I would approve, but 400 is a lot of cupcakes. I get that they needed a lot to make an impression, but this is still a bit over the top. Why not 300 anyway, are they cheaper by the 400 or something?

Leximodicon:
You stupid cock sucker fucking nerd bitches. Let the game just go away, alright, we played it, we beat it now do something else, fucking watch a movie, play another game who fucking cares but just let ME3 go.

You need to calm down, go for a walk or bake something, that might help.

TimeLord:
you can't exactly ignore 400 cupcakes turning up at your door"

I know I sure as hell wouldn't.

Replace the coins with cupcakes and that's pretty much what my reaction would be.

we rage because we love

See. This is why I hate fanboys. That line seems like it was directly ripped out of the Hollywood book of cliche lines said by wife beaters. It sounds exactly like the kind of thing a an obsessive lunatic would say and yet fanboys say things like this without the slightest ironic intent.

Revolutionaryloser:

we rage because we love

See. This is why I hate fanboys. That line seems like it was directly ripped out of the Hollywood book of cliche lines said by wife beaters. It sounds exactly like the kind of thing a an obsessive lunatic would say and yet fanboys say things like this without the slightest ironic intent.

People didn't like the series so much, there wouldn't be this big of an uproar about the ending.

Hahahahaha, this is pretty clever and funny. XD

I approve.

Revolutionaryloser:

we rage because we love

Well if we didn't love it so much we wouldn't get so disappointed when we're let down by it.

Simples.

anthony87:

Well if we didn't love it so much we wouldn't get so disappointed when we're let down by it.

Simples.

Pontifex:

People didn't like the series so much, there wouldn't be this big of an uproar about the ending.

I still think it's creepy that he talks like a rapist.

I call this the Paragon reaction, cause that's a lot of baked goods.

Leximodicon:

Why don't YOU just let it go?

Revolutionaryloser:

we rage because we love

So everyone who EVER got upset about something they cared about is a wife beater?

DVS BSTrD:

Revolutionaryloser:

we rage because we love

So everyone who EVER got upset about something they cared about is a wife beater?

Maybe you aren't familiar with that turn of phrase but that "I only hurt you because I love you" shit is scary. It's the typical Annie Wilkes thought pattern that you should only expect from psychotic killers. I don't know what it says about humanity that a Stephen King novel can actually come to life.

Mike Kayatta:

This coming week, we should send Bioware boxes upon boxes of a dozen cupcakes. We are taking ideas as to what sort of notes we should have attached on each box. Some possibilities include:

- "No matter what color you choose, they all taste the same";
- "No matter what color you choose, it's all vanilla ;-D"
- "We rage because we love"

I'm both shocked and disappointed that no one thought to include "This hurts you" as the message along with the cupcakes. I mean, in the long-term, it could. Diabetes and heart disease and all.

Mike Kayatta:

I think the only real question left is, what can I write here that would be controversial enough to get you people to mail me some cupcakes. I'm hungry over here.

Seconded. Please, please, please tell us what we need to write to get you angry enough to send us cupcakes. We'll do it.

Fr]anc[is:

EvilChameleon:
400 cupcakes can not be divided evenly into 3 different colors.

I perused the original thread a bit yesterday, it's really something like 402, which divides into 134 of each. I was also greatly amused by someone with the idea of day 1 milk DLC and post release sprinkle DLC.

A professional bakery is making them, there will be no poison. There will however be a Marauder shields cake as well.

So they are going with the maruader shields cake? Most excellent! Marauder is a bloody hero, and deserves to be recognized for his valiant attempt at stopping Shepard.

Huh, it only took them like two weeks to come up with an idea that isn't stupid.

OK. My plan is to send them a cake. And my card will read, 'This is my cake. I made it the way I wanted to make it. It may not be the best tasting cake ever, but it's the cake I made and I wouldn't change it even if people complain.'

...It probably wouldn't make a lot of sense if I ordered it from a bakery, though. But I'll think about that later, who wants to give me $10?

"Hmmm, how can we express our opinions in a measured and mature way that demonstrates we are thoughtful, reasonable adults? Ooh, I know!..."

At least she'll approve:

Revolutionaryloser:

DVS BSTrD:

Revolutionaryloser:

Maybe you aren't familiar with that turn of phrase but that "I only hurt you because I love you" shit is scary. It's the typical Annie Wilkes thought pattern that you should only expect from psychotic killers. I don't know what it says about humanity that a Stephen King novel can actually come to life.

Nobody is hurting anybody though, just complaining really obnoxiously. Which makes it an apt phrase, Bioware created something people were truly invested in or we wouldn't have cared and wouldn't have complained.

This is the single best example of constructive criticism I have ever seen. XD This made my day.

What a pleasant way to voice discontent. We should send cupcakes to Congress!

I'm confused, tell me again why the cupcakes are supposed to be a bad thing? I mean maybe it's just the way things work in my family, but if you are given a cupcake it's probably because you did something good and the giver wants you to keep doing it. I mean what the hell is the message here, "Make something we don't like and we'll send you pastry?" How is that supposed to discourage them? Are they hoping the Bioware staff will get diabetes?

It's not exactly original though, is it? Didn't they steal this tactic from the Pro Life Cupcake Day nutjobs? I suppose if you must steal tactics from anti-abortion campaigners, there are far worse tactics to steal.

"Protest!?! They must LOVE us :D They sent us 400 cupcakes! We should make subpar endings more often!"

While this is far less amoral then using a Childs Charity Fund to raise money, its still alittle.... derp? Yeah, lets go with "derp". This is a pretty.... idiotic way to say "We hated the ending".

Shouldnt you be sending roses or something? To say "youve killed your own community"?

him over there:

Revolutionaryloser:

DVS BSTrD:

Nobody is hurting anybody though, just complaining really obnoxiously. Which makes it an apt phrase, Bioware created something people were truly invested in or we wouldn't have cared and wouldn't have complained.

Yeah. I suppose sending death threats, throwing the worst abuse I've ever seen abuse and mailing creepy cryptic cake messages Godfather-style is totally harmless. The day someone does kidnap and torture their favourite developer we'll be all "OMG! That's just awful. We could have never seen that coming. The gaming community is a really friendly place and it's terrifying to think that one of your mates could just turn out to be a demented murderer all along. Scary."

Seriously, if I wrote Batman comics I would create my own supervillain. He would be called Fanboy and he would be scarier than Joker and Scarecrow combined.

Revolutionaryloser:

him over there:

Revolutionaryloser:

Yeah. I suppose sending death threats, throwing the worst abuse I've ever seen abuse and mailing creepy cryptic cake messages Godfather-style is totally harmless. The day someone does kidnap and torture their favourite developer we'll be all "OMG! That's just awful. We could have never seen that coming. The gaming community is a really friendly place and it's terrifying to think that one of your mates could just turn out to be a demented murderer all along. Scary."

Seriously, if I wrote Batman comics I would create my own supervillain. He would be called Fanboy and he would be scarier than Joker and Scarecrow combined.

I assumed by we rage because we love it was referring to the ridiculous fanboy pissing and moaning, not the absolutely downright psychotic minority. plus I doubt the people who sent the cupcakes were responsible for any of that, if they were though I agree with your point entirely.

raitchison:
If they had sent only 3 cupcakes it would have been ignored by EA and by the gaming media. As this article's existence proves the 1000 cupcakes makes this particular gesture impossible to ignore.

Yes, in this case, it's a very polite middle finger

captcha: "easy as cake" i c wut u did that

I admit this "protest" is just silly. But it doesn't make it any less awesome. Wish someone would send me a cupcake. *sobs*

him over there:

Revolutionaryloser:

him over there:

I assumed by we rage because we love it was referring to the ridiculous fanboy pissing and moaning, not the absolutely downright psychotic minority. plus I doubt the people who sent the cupcakes were responsible for any of that, if they were though I agree with your point entirely.

I'm just saying the day that someone does finally fly off the handle and go postal on devs, the question is going to come up "where did he get that idea from?" and then they'll look this way and say "Oh. Well I suppose that's case closed boys. Good job." And then we'll probably get studies and legislation aimed at banning gaming forever because gaming communities are like nutri-soil for insane murderers. Still, "we rage because we love" is fucking disturbing on it's own merits.

Revolutionaryloser:

him over there:

Revolutionaryloser:

I'm just saying the day that someone does finally fly off the handle and go postal on devs, the question is going to come up "where did he get that idea from?" and then they'll look this way and say "Oh. Well I suppose that's case closed boys. Good job." And then we'll probably get studies and legislation aimed at banning gaming forever because gaming communities are like nutri-soil for insane murderers. Still, "we rage because we love" is fucking disturbing on it's own merits.

I see, I suppose the phrase itself though really just comes down to perspective since the logic I'm getting from it is "We wouldn't have a fit if we didn't care so good job making something we cared about". The shorthand they went with I could see appearing in like a psycho thriller or something though now that I think about it.

This could be a good trend. Now we need to convince every whiny Star Wars fans to cupcake bomb George Lucas with cakes showing Han Firing first, maybe he'll get the point to.

No wait this is kind of stupid. The only thing sweet things tell me is that I've done a good job and I'm rewarded for my efforts. These angry fans are rewarding the people that supposedly screwed up.

malestrithe:
No wait this is kind of stupid. The only thing sweet things tell me is that I've done a good job and I'm rewarded for my efforts. These angry fans are rewarding the people that supposedly screwed up.

Yep, some one at Bioware is sitting around eating their cupcakes and thinking, "What else could I do to sell millions of games and get the fans to reward me with cupcakes? Oh, I know lets release DLC that implies that the whole Mass Effect series was a dream(or something equally dumb)!"

Off topic: Now that the escapist is making us type in ads to post wouldn't if be funny if EA bought ads to make you type 'I love Mass Effect 3's ending' before you post?

TimeLord:

Mike Kayatta:
I'm not quite sure why three cupcakes wouldn't have sufficed, putting this "movement" back maybe $10 with shipping instead of a grand, but then again, maybe it's important that every single employee taste the scrumptious consequences of its writers' foolish actions!

I'd say it's because it wouldn't have made the news otherwise.

"Gamer sends 3 cupcakes to BioWare offices, nobody bats an eye as they get eaten in 20 seconds"

Is not as impact-filled[1] as;

"Gamer sends 400 cupcakes to BioWare offices and everyone takes note because you can't exactly ignore 400 cupcakes turning up at your door"

my dear timelord, how wrong you are.

This is really an underhanded and evil plot to make sure all the bioware employees get...

[1] It's a word now ok!

And then one of the bakers realized that the cupcakes weren't being used to directly energize the team that would redo the ending and demanded his cupcakes back.

Hell, as long as they're not demanding people to return money they donated to children, I don't care how people protest anymore.
Although, I would actually be pleased if I recieved 400 cupcakes, even if they did all taste the same.
Wait... did Mass Effect 3 have 400 endings?
Well no wonder they all sucked, I wouldn't be able to design 400 different endings to perfection!
/silliness

DustyDrB:

Mike Kayatta:
400 cupcakes

I'm assembling a team.
We'll need the best, and people we can trust. Our goal is one frought with peril, but the payoff will be so sweet. We will infiltrate the BioWare headquarters at Edmonton. Those cupcakes will be ours, and no one will even know we were there.

Accepting applications until Friday. We must move quickly, lest our bounty be devoured.

Attacking Bioware's headquarters would require passing through the Edmonton-4 Relay

No Fanboy has ever returned from doing so

DustyDrB:

Mike Kayatta:
400 cupcakes

I'm assembling a team.
We'll need the best, and people we can trust. Our goal is one frought with peril, but the payoff will be so sweet. We will infiltrate the BioWare headquarters at Edmonton. Those cupcakes will be ours, and no one will even know we were there.

Accepting applications until Friday. We must move quickly, lest our bounty be devoured.

i hear they got that fierce Marauder Shields guarding the shipment, so prepare accordingly

Leximodicon:

...wow.

Congratulations on voicing your displeasure about a bunch of disgruntled customers by being worse than them and expressing more baseless hate in a single post than any of them has at Bioware.

And the worst part is, you're doing it on a story about one fan who actually doesn't rage and instead sends Bioware's Edmonton headquarters 1000$ worth of cupcakes...

You make this forum dumber by your membership alone; Please leave.

They need to send a letter before the cupcakes that states there will be 16 different flavors of cupcakes, that will be totally different depending on your choices, and that it wont be a simple and standard A, B, or C decision.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here