Antichamber Secures Indie Fund Backing

Antichamber Secures Indie Fund Backing

Developer, Alexander Bruce, needed a little help to get his mind-bending first-person puzzler, Antichamber past the finish line.

Antichamber is the 7th project to receive support from the Indie Fund. As its name implies, the Indie Fund provides cold, hard cash to perpetually starving indie developers, funding promising projects in exchange for a proportion of the profits, should there be any. Thus far two games have been released using Indie Fund money. The first, Q.U.B.E, made back the investment in four days, the second, Dear Esther did the same in five-and-a-half hours.

It seems likely that Antichamber, which started life as an Unreal 3 mod by the name of Hazard: The Journey of Life will be equally successful. The original version of the game came fifth in Epic's Make Something Unreal competition, netting developer and pink-suited swagmeister, Alexander Bruce, $10,000. The game has since gone on to win numerous competitions and awards, even earning a spot in the PAX 10 showcase.

Common consensus is that the game seems to resemble Portal as designed by M.C. Escher during a particularly visceral acid trip. I'm sold. It's due out sometime this year.

Source: The Indie Fund

it does NOT resamble portal but "HALFQUAKE AMEN", a mod for HalfLife which came out in 2000/2001. and it is awesome.

Someone must have tied my shoe laces together, cause dat shit be trippin!

can anyone say "eye-strain"?

does look cool though

Yes, I love pretty shineys.

Other thought: The indie fund? is this tied in with Extra credits? Or did they let that fall by the wayside of good intentions? Because this sounds a LOT like what they were proposing, But, I dont see their names attached to it on the website.

I remember playing through the demo back in the days when it was Hazard: The journey of life. I really hope they keep the opening puzzle.
You're standing in front of a big gap, you can see a passage and what seems like the next puzzle on the other side. There's also big letters saying "JUMP!". You can either jump down, in which case you can jump down to the bottom OR try to hit any secret coridoors on the way down. OR you can just walk over the gap, seeing a bridge build itself as you walk. OR you can just turn around and find something else behind you.
You had like 2-4 different outcomes or ways to go all the time, either going in circles or just skipping a puzzle entirely.

Vault101:
can anyone say "eye-strain"?

does look cool though

more like straining the limits of four dimensional space

it could almost be a horror game

viranimus:
Yes, I love pretty shineys.

Other thought: The indie fund? is this tied in with Extra credits? Or did they let that fall by the wayside of good intentions? Because this sounds a LOT like what they were proposing, But, I dont see their names attached to it on the website.

They have a similar publishing thing going on, just nothing they've funded has been released yet.

Looks very cool and genuinely original.

Oh. My. God.
I want to play this headache. Games have never made me sick, except for a demo of CoD 5 in 3D at a convention, but that was the 3D mind-fucking me.

Let's see if we can fix that!

Captcha: million dollars
Quite right, yes. I think it will make that much money.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here