Final Fantasy Teams Up With Fashion Line

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Final Fantasy Teams Up With Fashion Line

The heroes from Final Fantasy XIII-2 go from questing to modeling stylish clothes.

Well, this is something you don't see every day. In a rather unique collaboration, Square Enix has partnered with male fashion magazine Arena Homme+ to feature several Final Fantasy XIII-2 characters modelling the latest fashions from Italian label Prada.

Lightning, Snow, Sazh and others will showcase several selections from Prada's upcoming 2012 Spring/Summer collection, and honestly, if you thought they looked odd in their normal get-up, there's something even more surreal about seeing these monster-fighting heroes decked out in men's casual outfits designed by a high-end European clothes line.

"Our Spring issue focuses on a world of direction and escapism, and having a visually stunning videogame franchise such as Final Fantasy work alongside us and a leading fashion brand like Prada to create something so unique is incredible," stated Max Pearmain, Editor of Arena Homme+. "I've always been interested by the power of videogames and their place in society, and the amount of work that's gone into this project blows my mind."

Those interested can pick up the issue in question on April 12th, or order it through Amazon.

Source: Square-Enix via Joystiq

...That's what passes for fashion these days? Bleh... At least Sazh looks normal.

I was expecting something more like this:

Being offered in stores near you.

I would totally wear the suit that Sazh is wearing.

Zachary Amaranth:

I know, I totally had a belt-related joke ready to go, too.

I'd wear it. If I was loaded.

Why does the world feed on my sole? Why?

I just ran out of words for the day...

And I thought that it was impossible to make Hope look like more of a whiny git.
I was wrong.

I was sure this was a process of turning people into ladyboy style male characters from FF (the later ones)

Seems its regular fashion...

For the first time in years, Final Fantasy characters appear in arguably sane clothing.

I, for one, find this to be hilarious. Also, it seems rather telling that they dress Lightning up in men's clothing.

Well Squeenix has to earn money somehow.

I mean, they've already established that they can't make good games anymore.

Zhukov:
For the first time in years, Final Fantasy characters appear in arguably sane clothing.

"arguably" being the key word.

Edit: @Daystar: bah-zing!

Cosplay 2: Revenge of the characters.

Daystar Clarion:
Well Squeenix has to earn money somehow.

I mean, they've already established that they can't make good games anymore.

You'd think that they would at least use characters from some of the good games as models though.

pluizig:

In Soviet Russia, video game character cosplay you?

I thought the lines between reality and anime/games couldn't become more blurred. I was wrong. Can't tell if the clothing is cgi or real :s

Don't know how they did it, but I want to punch Hope even more than usual.

They look weird in normal cloths, and I don't know what to make of this.

I do think this is my WTF bit of news of the day.

Richardplex:
I thought the lines between reality and anime/games couldn't become more blurred. I was wrong. Can't tell if the clothing is cgi or real :s

I'm beginning to think it doesn't take much anymore, and Noel looks like a tool.

Considering their design choices since Final Fantasy VIII, it seems like this was their plan all along.

Zachary Amaranth:

That's exactly what went through my head when I saw the title.

Because that's what Lightening needs to go with her weird pink hair, a purple, pseudo-rhinestone cowboy button up.

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Richardplex:

I'm beginning to think it doesn't take much anymore, and Noel looks like a tool.

But it does, I already wanted to punch him so much, so to be able to eclipse that is quite the feat. They spent hours building up his punchability level, so to beat it with a single picture...

And confirmed, Noel does look like a tool.

Richardplex:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Richardplex:

But it does, I already wanted to punch him so much, so to be able to eclipse that is quite the feat. They spent hours building up his punchability level, so to beat it with a single picture...

They must be using witchcraft because it's not humanly possible for him to become more punchable with one single picture.

Sazh looks awesome. That should be his main outfit, all the time.

Heh, I actually think this is pretty awesome in a stupid kind of way. Well known characters posing in fashion magazines. It seems silly but I don't really see why not. Classical conditioning at it's most humorous.

Well, I for one think it's a cool idea. Not exactly the outfits I would have chosen for them, but whatever, fashion's subjective. And I certainly don't know why everyone has to get so violent about Hope; he didn't even complain that much anyway.

This gave me a laugh, also maybe it's the color and sizing of the coat but Sahz's suit reminds me of PeeWee Hurman.

Can I get these outfits as downloadable content for the game?

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Richardplex:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

They must be using witchcraft because it's not humanly possible for him to become more punchable with one single picture.

Square Enix: Has the power to alter reality, uses it to make a punchable character more punchable. Spider-man should have a word with them.

Comments for each outfit.

Lighting:

Sazh: Ok looking I guess. Also that poor Chocobo chick.

Hope: ... Pffffftttt AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! That looks so ridiculous! God I hate this prick even more now.

Noel: .... Ew.

Lvl 64 Klutz:

pluizig:

In Soviet Russia, video game character cosplay you?

So...wait...wouldn't that mean we'd actually see a bunch of FF characters cosplaying as convention goers who THEMSELVES are cosplaying as said FF characters?

Oh god...cosplayception...

Andronicus:
Well, I for one think it's a cool idea. Not exactly the outfits I would have chosen for them, but whatever, fashion's subjective. And I certainly don't know why everyone has to get so violent about Hope; he didn't even complain that much anyway.

Well, he went from really whiny and self-pitying to cringe-worthy revenge driven ("Operation NORA: phase 1 complete" made me want to start punching people) to giving out awkward friendship speeches (I did like the fact that NORA basically facepalmed at his speech though). Every phase of him was insufferable. I liked the game (eventually) and I *really* did not like him.

Scrythe:

Zachary Amaranth:

That's exactly what went through my head when I saw the title.

Is it weird to think that would've been awesome? Not that I'd actually wear it but still.

The idea isn't even that farfetched since what we are talking about here is high fashion (not exactly famous for it's practical nature) + japan (that country where the harajuku district is a thing that exists.)

Richardplex:

Andronicus:

Well, he went from really whiny and self-pitying to cringe-worthy revenge driven ("Operation NORA: phase 1 complete" made me want to start punching people) to giving out awkward friendship speeches (I did like the fact that NORA basically facepalmed at his speech though). Every phase of him was insufferable. I liked the game (eventually) and I *really* did not like him.

God yes. I hated him alot. But he did not annoy me as much as Vanille did. It was not what she did or what she said or how she looked. It was her voice. I was ALWAYS picking up on the subtle changes in her accent that happened many times in the game. And it was pissing me the fuck off.

I'm happy that a company completely unrelated to video games in every sense of the word is showing some sort of faith in the video game industry (instead of the usual, oh they are just kids toys excuse)

Still I find this creepy... especially Hope, Lightning for some reason doesn't surprise me.

Also, who is this supposed to be marketed to? Are they trying to sell Prada to gamers? I don't know about everybody else here, but I'm not that rich.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here