Final Fantasy Teams Up With Fashion Line

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I think theres something to this, but squeenix is doing it wrong.

Behold:

Much improved, if you ask me

Solo-Wing:

Richardplex:

Andronicus:
Well, I for one think it's a cool idea. Not exactly the outfits I would have chosen for them, but whatever, fashion's subjective. And I certainly don't know why everyone has to get so violent about Hope; he didn't even complain that much anyway.

Well, he went from really whiny and self-pitying to cringe-worthy revenge driven ("Operation NORA: phase 1 complete" made me want to start punching people) to giving out awkward friendship speeches (I did like the fact that NORA basically facepalmed at his speech though). Every phase of him was insufferable. I liked the game (eventually) and I *really* did not like him.

\
God yes. I hated him alot. But he did not annoy me as much as Vanille did. It was not what she did or what she said or how she looked. It was her voice. I was ALWAYS picking up on the subtle changes in her accent that happened many times in the game. And it was pissing me the fuck off.

Me and my sister argue about this a lot, who's more unlikable, Vanille or Hope. I can stand Vanille mostly because I watch anime and have been trained to block out annoyingly high pitched voices, though I feel for you about the accent change, it's infuriating when I notice stuff like that. But then Hope is useful as something Lightning uses for her own character development. Too bad she just stops talking half way through the video game.

Richardplex:

Andronicus:
Well, I for one think it's a cool idea. Not exactly the outfits I would have chosen for them, but whatever, fashion's subjective. And I certainly don't know why everyone has to get so violent about Hope; he didn't even complain that much anyway.

Well, he went from really whiny and self-pitying to cringe-worthy revenge driven ("Operation NORA: phase 1 complete" made me want to start punching people) to giving out awkward friendship speeches (I did like the fact that NORA basically facepalmed at his speech though). Every phase of him was insufferable. I liked the game (eventually) and I *really* did not like him.

Fair enough. I guess the whole "Operation NORA" thing was on a YuRiPa level of face-slapping cringe-worthiness. I get that. What I honestly don't get is this idea that he's just a whiny brat. People go on about this all the time, about how he's always complaining, and I simply don't get it. I mean, he lost his home, his mother and basically his life too (the whole cieth or crystal-for-all-eternity-if-you're-lucky thing) all in one day, and he's still just a kid. I think he's entitled to a little self-pity, don't you? Stronger men have broken down over less. Hell, I thought Sazh complained more, and everyone seems to love him.

Richardplex:

Solo-Wing:

Richardplex:

\
God yes. I hated him alot. But he did not annoy me as much as Vanille did. It was not what she did or what she said or how she looked. It was her voice. I was ALWAYS picking up on the subtle changes in her accent that happened many times in the game. And it was pissing me the fuck off.

Me and my sister argue about this a lot, who's more unlikable, Vanille or Hope. I can stand Vanille mostly because I watch anime and have been trained to block out annoyingly high pitched voices. But then Hope is useful as something Lightning uses for her own character development. Too bad she just stops talking half way through the video game.

No Vanilles high pitched voice does not bother me much either. It is her accent. IT. KEEPS. FUCKING. CHANGING.

This is an entirely stupid idea, but I gotta say that black guy is rocking the suit.

It would be better if the fashions were inspired by the final fantasy clothes. Putting uninspired clothes on a Final Fantasy characters doesn't make them better. Lightning's outfit is pretty cool and I'd love to see some stuff inspired by earlier final fantasy stuff, especially the dresses ^^. Though it could go in the horrible direction of a new fashion line with Tidus's weird different pants leg length.

Wow, Square-Enix isn't even trying to hide the fact that they don't make proper JRPGs anymore, are they?

Andronicus:

Richardplex:

Andronicus:

Fair enough. I guess the whole "Operation NORA" thing was on a YuRiPa level of face-slapping cringe-worthiness. I get that. What I honestly don't get is this idea that he's just a whiny brat. People go on about this all the time, about how he's always complaining, and I simply don't get it. I mean, he lost his home, his mother and basically his life too (the whole cieth or crystal-for-all-eternity-if-you're-lucky thing) all in one day, and he's still just a kid. I think he's entitled to a little self-pity, don't you? Stronger men have broken down over less. Hell, I thought Sazh complained more, and everyone seems to love him.

Sazh is amazing, I will fight to the death defending him. I think he wasn't whining, he was more weary. It's a fine line, it's the difference between Alistair from DA:O and Shepard in ME3 (I really liked Alistair, but god he was whiny). And yeah, people complain about his whining probably because they didn't finish the game, he's certainly entitled to it, though that doesn't make it any less annoying. I just expected him to develop into something somewhat likeable, not to devolve into someone who gives me concussion from severe head-desking.

Solo-Wing:
No Vanilles high pitched voice does not bother me much either. It is her accent. IT. KEEPS. FUCKING. CHANGING.

I'm sure your exaggerating *watches some cutscenes* Oh god... oh god... How did I not... well, that's a game I can never watch again.

They did this in Devil May Cry 2 as well when they paired up with DIESEL to make Dante's alternate outfit. http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u25/shoppinshan/Dmc2diesel.jpg Frankly I'm surprised, considering how quirky most game characters dress, that this doesn't happen more often.

So this is why Squeenix dresses their characters in such elaborate campy outfits; They look totally fucking boring and lifeless otherwise.

Urena Howard:
They did this in Devil May Cry 2 as well when they paired up with DIESEL to make Dante's alternate outfit. http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u25/shoppinshan/Dmc2diesel.jpg Frankly I'm surprised, considering how quirky most game characters dress, that this doesn't happen more often.

Yeah i remember them having the Diesel logo slapped all over the credits for that game.

Sazh is looking pretty boss here, the rest.... Not so much

Captcha: Shilly-shally

Keeping with FF theme. nice.

Combining the worlds of "Final Fantasy" and "Fashion modelling" could go horribly wrong... but this is actually surprisingly normal.

Sazh is boss, though those cleats have got to go. The baggy lines on the golf shirts the other three are wearing, though, are doing nothing for the characters; the virtual fitting around the stomach needs to be improved. Also, that palette is too matronly for Lightning, and Hope's shoes are weird. (Those light, sandy colors are flattering on him, however.)

When I saw the headline, I thought this story was about the launch of a real-world FF fashion line and was going to start demanding Faris's coat.

eeehhhh....no. Just...no.

Final Fantasy has really gone downhill since X-2.

anyone else thought it was going to be actual ppl dressed like FF characters upon first impression and not this disturbing turn of events?

yes i know how that whole statement is disturbed XD

That is just uncanny on so many levels....
Those big faces,those plastic hands....

Antitonic:
...That's what passes for fashion these days? Bleh... At least Sazh looks normal.

EXCEPT the shoes. Those are horrible. The fringe, the fringe! And blatant Chocobo chick abuse :(

Dead Raen:
Sazh looks awesome. That should be his main outfit, all the time.

I agree he looks amazing. Men take note! Suits are to women that lingerie is to you :p

Lightning looks like she is going to deck someone...

thiosk:
I think theres something to this, but squeenix is doing it wrong.

Behold:

Much improved, if you ask me

+10 internets to you sir!

IcyTicey:

Antitonic:
...That's what passes for fashion these days? Bleh... At least Sazh looks normal.

EXCEPT the shoes. Those are horrible. The fringe, the fringe! And blatant Chocobo chick abuse :(

Noel has fringe shoes too! Why do they think that is a good look?

In all fairness, Sazh looks really snazzy.

As for the others... :/

That is... extremely odd. And I like it. I would absolutely wear what Sazh and Squall-lookalike-whose-name-I-don't-know are wearing in those pictures.

Advertising is advertising I suppose. The clothes look fine and all, but it's so odd to see FF characters not in bizarre outfits. Sazh is pretty sharp looking though.

wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf (repeat until it no longer looks like an acronym)

I cannot think of a stranger collaboration. This has to top it all.

You know I am kind of disappointed I thought it was going to be a line of clothes from Final Fantasy 13. I mean hey the clothes in that game are not really that strange and some outfits were really cool.

littlewisp:
I, for one, find this to be hilarious. Also, it seems rather telling that they dress Lightning up in men's clothing.

I think it would have been more appropriate if they had dressed Hope up in women's clothing.

Richardplex:

Solo-Wing:

I'm sure your exaggerating *watches some cutscenes* Oh god... oh god... How did I not... well, that's a game I can never watch again.

How did you not notice that? Vanilles changing accent was probably the best part of that entire game.

I hate the fashion industry. Because none of their clothes look normal and they all look like something complete wackjobs would wear.

Sazh is the only one that looks SOMEWHAT normal and the shoes ruin it. Seriously, what normal man would wear any of these clothes? Lightning's outfit looks like something an ice skater dressing up as a cowboy would wear. Who thinks this looks good?

I think the idea of having video game characters wear real clothing is really cool and a great possible advertising market (I also like that JRPG characters are wearing non-JRPG clothing). I think seeing the cast of FFX in normal clothes would be really cool. But...the clothes have to LOOK good.

Lightning, Snow, Sazh and others will showcase several selections ... blah blah blah ... male fashion magazine

I knew it! Lightning does have a penis. That definitely explains the masculine features.

But seriously, OT, this is just one step towards what Square really wants to do. When are they finally going to start making movies?

Das Boot:

Richardplex:

Solo-Wing:

How did you not notice that? Vanilles changing accent was probably the best part of that entire game.

I cringed everytime it happened. I fucking hated it. Drove me nuts. At least they fixed it to some degree in XIII-2.

Zachary Amaranth:
I was expecting something more like this:

Being offered in stores near you.

know what, so was i .....

clicked only to see the train wreck, i am dissapoint

Gotta love the Japanese and their advertising ideas, I saw alot of REALLY bizzare advertising in Japan but this one seems fine to me.

They even have Tommy Lee Jones advertising Boss coffee, which are some of the weirdest adverts I've seen

Flailing Escapist:

Lightning, Snow, Sazh and others will showcase several selections ... blah blah blah ... male fashion magazine

I knew it! Lightning does have a penis. That definitely explains the masculine features.

But seriously, OT, this is just one step towards what Square really wants to do. When are they finally going to start making movies?

They already have made some. One was a complete flop. The other was kinda mediocre. But it was a sequel to Final Fantasy VII so I will not say bad things on it.

Lvl 64 Klutz:

pluizig:
Cosplay 2: Revenge of the characters.

In Soviet Russia, video game character cosplay you?

Nice... :P

OT: To be honest... I don't know what to think of this... on the one hand it's great to see games used in advertising! It means that the industry is growing to a size that is recognisable accross the board... on the other hand... video games characters advertising expensive clothes!? Most gamers wouldn't wear that... hell! I doubt I am the only one who has gamed in my underwear on here... we don't need clothes whilst gaming!

Something about that picture of Hope makes him look like a serial killer. Like he's mocking us. "You think our clothing is weird? Let me show you how bizarre I can make yours look!"

Lunar Templar:

clicked only to see the train wreck, i am dissapoint

And deservedly so. I feel cheated.

Well, better Lightning than an anorexic model.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here