Free Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC Coming Next Week

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Geth Eng?

I can only think of one thing to say...

Wait, wait, wait... a Geth Infiltrator? Geth do not infiltrate.

New Asari and Krogan? Geth? Batarians?!

Where the turians at?

Necromancer Jim:
New Asari and Krogan? Geth? Batarians?!

Where the turians at?

Well,you make Turians into Soldiers and Sentinels, what else is there for them?

I mean, you could make them Infiltrators, but that would break the game. Too awesome. Garrus only doesn't do that because he's an NPC.

2 new multiplayer maps for free?! Does that really happen in this day and age?

Vault101:

Im actually excited for this?...god whats wrong with me

That feeling is what people who are into a multiplayer get when their game gets a big update ;) Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

OT: Only had quarian engineer class left so am looking forward to free DLC that gives me more classes, especially as I do wanna play a batarian and geth :) I normally play humans in everything but this is one of the few games I'm always an alien.

Rest of the DLC sounds like good news all around. New weapons? Sweet. New maps? Finally, by this point I'm on intimate terms with the existing maps and having them all being in the main game didn't help either. So do want this DLC and looking forward to next week :)

Huh, they're having a new DLC that's free for ME3 multiplayer. Sounds cool, so let's see here- *reads most of it leading to what the DLC shall have* Uh huh.. yeah, oh neat. Mm, I see. Nice, nice.. niceee. Well this looks good so far- *Sees Geth Engineer on the list*.

.... *reads again*

Geth Engineer.

I WANT THIS DLC NOW PLEASE!!

Three days isn't that far away. Also, it's not that free, in a sense. I'm sure quite a few people will be using money to get the new fun stuff.

As for the two years thing, I bet they're expecting to axe the multi-player by then.

I don't care about Mass Effect's story a great deal, I've been a sci-fi fan for ages, much of is well traveled ground. Nice and all, but hardly shocking or innovative. I played the single player, I 'mehed' at the ending, but I never raged. I didn't feel it was half bad. I also played the multiplayer, then I played it, then I played it some more, and more, and more and it's eating me alive. I can't really understand it. I've dismissed shooters as boring for years, I've never felt the pull of Gears, CoD, or any of the other plethora of shooters. Yet, I find ME3's multiplayer head over heels better than the single player campaign. I honestly care more about my generic, color palatte switch characters, than I do about Shepard. I care about my Asari Vanguard, because she can solo bronze maps, and rips shit up with greater flair than I saw from Samara and Morinth (and seriously makes me question how Thessia could have ever fallen.

But now... now you give me free DLC, with new maps, new weapons, new classes and motherfucking Geth! Someplace deep inside my soul has become very, very, very happy. I will dream beautiful dreams tonight.

I know why they're making it free, having you pay for this like a standard map pack or whatever would totally disrupt their business model for the multiplayer.
The in game shop is what's making them money (that's what I assume anyway), so it's in their best interest to keep people playing and buying. Segmenting the playerbase isn't gonna do them any good. It's not damage control to garner goodwill, it's just their business model.

Then again, knowing me I'm probably completely wrong, proving me to be the idiot I'm desperately pretending not to be.

But whatever. Free stuff! Yaaaaay!

It's only sensible that they'd release the Maps as free DLC; splitting your multiplayer community based on who can pay and who can't punishes both.

The new characters and weapons being free is rather nice though.

Geth infiltrators? Paint it black and decloak next to your friends for some fun, trolling times.

TheProfessor234:
Three days isn't that far away. Also, it's not that free, in a sense. I'm sure quite a few people will be using money to get the new fun stuff.

But the end of they day its our choice whether we want to pay for/or use any MS/BW points we may have left on our accounts, to attempt to get this content.

But thats not really viable as even if your lucky and get these unlocks, you'll ended up spending much more than what most 'traditional' map packs cost.

But if you want to paitent, they could just as easily unlock them via Spectre Packs (or the Premium ones when they come around again) with the in game credits (which can be earned very quickly on Silver/Gold if you have a good team).

This is awesome, but I have one slight concern.

Would the Geth thing work if you're fighting against other Geth? I imagine it could get quite confusing.

I'd appreciate this a lot more if the multiplayer didn't keep freezing my PS3. I've not tried in 2 weeks or so but the last 4 times I attempted playing, it froze up in wave 5...

darthzew:
Geth do not infiltrate.

Geth do not intentionally infiltrate.

Gamers: Holy Shit! There's a cahnce EA might not be evil!

Me: Holy shit! Gamers are starting to break from their delusions!

Both: THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH!

Krogan Vanguard?

wantwantwantwantwantwantwant... is my response.

The 2 year deadline probably correlates to when they will do a release with all the DLC. Why continue to offer it for download if there is a complete version out for 20$.

Free stuff... woo hoo!

Confirmation (kinda) that the ME3 multiplayer will vanish in 2014... ehh I'll probably be bored of it in another six months!

I might DL the free stuff (because I may as well take advantage of something like that), but I'm convinced they're attempting to do damage control. And it's not working. I still hate the multiplayer; it's boring and the fact that it's mandatory for single-player really annoyed me. Still, I don't hate it as much as I hated the ending.

I still think the MP is a load of bollocks...

...but I admit, playing a Justicar does sound mighty enticing.

satsugaikaze:
Or being forced to poison themselves

(man its like Omega was just one giant batarian killing ground)

My memory's a bit shoddy, when did that happen?

EDIT: Side note, where are the male quarians?! Don't get me wrong, I like female quarians, but who doesn't want to roleplay as Kal'Reegar (especially since you don't meet up with him again)? Maybe this is something Bioware should think about for the next multiplayer DLC pack?

cursedseishi:

Zen Toombs:
Wait, "The Truth" DLC was partially based in truth? 0.o I am genuinely suprised.

Also, how is "Asari Justicar" any different from the "Asari Adept/Asari Vanguard"? Eh, whatever. Tis free, so who cares!

Asari Justicar get to show off the cleavage? I don't know man, I'm just going off what Mass Effect 2 taught me...

evidently they get Reave.

which, if you had it in Single Player, you will understand why I

evidently there is supposed to be more team effective abilities also, so...... yay for teamwork?

Krogan... Vanguard?
OH BIOWARE YOU KNOW JUST HOW TO TOUCH MY HAPPY PLACES

Binks:
Geth infiltrators? Paint it black and decloak next to your friends for some fun, trolling times.

Especailly if you've got a Geth Plasma Shotgun equipped!

There will be plenty of trololol's to be had, but if your teammates never seem to be around to revive you, I wouldn't be surprised.

Dragon Zero:
I'm glad we finally get to play as Batarians and Geth, I guess they added those other classes because the Protheans are the only other species I can think of actually using biotics in a major way. Unless the Vorcha develop them... actually that'd be kinda cool. Anyway, I'm glad to get these, I'm kinda getting just a little bit close to being bored with the current maps. Who knows, maybe they'll add new enemies sometime too, I think the Collectors would be fun.

I still want to be a Hanar... and an Elcor.

OT: Meh, most companies would have charged five bucks for this, nice to see that people might be getting their 10 FREAKIN' DOLLARS back if they bought the game used and want to not die at the final mission.

The Great JT:

satsugaikaze:

EDIT: Side note, where are the male quarians?! Don't get me wrong, I like female quarians, but who doesn't want to roleplay as Kal'Reegar (especially since you don't meet up with him again)? Maybe this is something Bioware should think about for the next multiplayer DLC pack?

Yeah, they defenantly should have added a gender selection for quarians. For Christ's sake they are like the only race where you can actually tell gender apart! (Well, you can with salarians by the voice)

MASTACHIEFPWN:
I still want to be a Hanar... and an Elcor.

I like the way you think, traveling around the battlefield choking people or being a literal walking tank. Maybe even give them a mode similar to the Hunt modes in the Star Wars Battlefront games. Or something closely resembling a Killstreak from Call of Duty.

The Great JT:

satsugaikaze:

If you go to the lower level of Afterlife and order a drink, you'll be poisoned by a Batarian bar tender. You can then force him to poison himself if you've sufficient Renegade Points.

It's all explained here:
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Omega:_Batarian_Bartender

m72_ar:

BiH-Kira:
And this is another way of EA to build a road for the overpriced DLC. Less than 2 years ago this would be considered just a regular update (except for Activision, but they were always idiots). Now it's a "free" DLC. The next one won't be.

Don't see your point.

Unless they promise free DLC from the start they have no obligations to give away anything for free.

Honestly I can't remember any major dev besides Valve, CD Projekt and Tripwire giving away anything for free in the last two years

Because all 3 have digital content services and it's advertising for using their expensive services (and DRM in steam's case) in exchange for not using much cheaper alternatives?

hazabaza1:
Krogan... Vanguard?
OH BIOWARE YOU KNOW JUST HOW TO TOUCH MY HAPPY PLACES

Won't it just be another Krogan you won't get(h).

Amazing how the general opinion towards a game company can be turned 180 around and distracted isnt it?

Yes, i like what i see but it wont make me sing praises towards Bioware just yet, if ever. My jimmies are still too rustled by what they did.

Bhaalspawn:
Gamers: Holy Shit! There's a cahnce EA might not be evil!

Me: Holy shit! Gamers are starting to break from their delusions!

Both: THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH!

Your loyalty to EA confuses me... Explain please.

C F:
Geth and Batarian? A map on the moon of Palaven? Plus... no. It couldn't be.
A Krogan Vanguard with Charge?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Fr]anc[is:
It's free because unlocking this stuff is based on pure chance, and they want you to spend real life money on those booster packs. If all of this stuff was unlocked instantly for everyone then it would be nice. This isn't free, it's just giving you more reasons to gamble.

Actually, I haven't bought a single one of those packs using MS points; I use the in-game credits I earn. And I've been unlocking additional species without a problem. Besides, if they were just given to you right off the bat, they would have to be underpowered to compensate. I don't want that. I've got no qualms with spending a bit of time to earn full-fledged Wrex and Legion-y goodness.

i've unlocked all class/race combinations apart from krogan sentinel and asari adept, without paying a thing. just play a lot before the game comes out, but dont spend your credits until the new characters can be unlocked. simple

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here