PAX East 2012 Cosplay Gallery

Pages 1 2 NEXT

PAX East 2012 Cosplay Gallery

A smattering of the best costumes we saw at PAX East 2012.

#23 isn't just some lolita chick; it's Patchouli Knowledge from Touhou! Look at the hair colour! The crescent head ornament! The bows! The colour scheme!

Well, kinda. The outfit's pretty different. Patchouli's regular outfit would not only be hard to make but extremely hot (as in temperature) and impractical; she usually spends her time in really thick and baggy pyjamas. However, the defining features are still there in the cosplay (crescent, colours, bows, etc).

god that's a huge picture.

But yeah, zombie dovahkin is my vote.

supersupersuperguy:
#23 isn't just some lolita chick; it's Patchouli Knowledge from Touhou! Look at the hair colour! The crescent head ornament! The bows! The colour scheme!

Well, kinda. The outfit's pretty different. Patchouli's regular outfit would not only be hard to make but extremely hot (as in temperature) and impractical; she usually spends her time in really thick and baggy pyjamas. However, the defining features are still there in the cosplay (crescent, colours, bows, etc).

So I wasn't the only one who caught that? I can see how they didn't get it, it's a pretty obscure reference.

Anyway, I praise that girl for dressing up as my favourite Touhou character, though I wish she had spent some more time on her costume. A fully complete Patchouli costume would be awesome.

Man, my friend PolarisNova is going to be mad when she sees someone ripped off her Guild Wars 2 cosplay... (#1)

Still, very well done. I can't believe I never saw it there... the rest I saw though, and they were awesome.

The Mordin costume is awesome! Makes me want to put together a Krogan costume - sadly, I haven't the skills to make a decent one.

supersupersuperguy:

Thanks for the tip! I edited the post to reflect your guess.

2xDouble:
Man, my friend PolarisNova is going to be mad when she sees someone ripped off her Guild Wars 2 cosplay... (#1)

Still, very well done.

What character is she from Guild Wars 2? The one in the picture, not your friend, I mean. We were trying to figure that one out for a long while.

Greg

Greg Tito:

2xDouble:

Still, very well done.

What character is she from Guild Wars 2? The one in the picture, not your friend, I mean. We were trying to figure that one out for a long while.

Greg

Not any particular character (as far as I know), but that costume is the "Shining Blade" armor set: a signature high-level armor for Mesmers (also wearable by other light-armor wearers).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Armor_05_concept_art_(Shining_Blade_female).jpg

Yogscast shows it off (in Pink)

EDIT: wow, I do tend to ramble, don't I? You can just call her a Mesmer or a Shining Blade. (or a Shining Blade Mesmer, if that catches your fancy. heh.)

Greg Tito:

supersupersuperguy:

Thanks for the tip! I edited the post to reflect your guess.

No problem! I'm a huge Touhou fanboy, so I though that I should share. Glad I could help!

oh picture number

You just became my project for this years Halloween costume because you are a genius.

Stekepanne5:
Anyway, I praise that girl for dressing up as my favourite Touhou character, though I wish she had spent some more time on her costume. A fully complete Patchouli costume would be awesome.

Yeah, Patchy in full costume would be amazing, but for now I'm just gonna be happy it's not a freakin' GUY in the outfit. If I see another dude dressed as Yukari or something I'm gonna brick someone.

Formica Archonis:

Stekepanne5:

Yeah, Patchy in full costume would be amazing, but for now I'm just gonna be happy it's not a freakin' GUY in the outfit. If I see another dude dressed as Yukari or something I'm gonna brick someone.

The horror.... The horror....

But when you've seen a Japanese kickboxer enter the ring as Marisa, with eight men dressed as other female Touhou characters dancing around him, you suddenly don't think a thirty year old male Reimu is as bad.

I love all the LoL cosplay, especially Gangplank. He even had oranges!

Aww... I'm, sad that you missed Solid Snake in his box! That was my fave for the whole weekend!

Still, great pics! I didn't think I missed so many great costumes!

Zombie Dovahkiin? Nice. Always love seeing the creativity people mesh into a working costume.

BehattedWanderer:
Zombie Dovahkiin? Nice. Always love seeing the creativity people mesh into a working costume.

You should have seen the knight with an arrow in his knee. Hilarious.

at picture 54, it's spelt Jax, not Jak. :3

The Patchouli one is the best. I was surprised, I didn't expect Touhou cosplay, though I really wanted to see some.

i remember the last cosplay slideshow had ryze and the poster didnt know a thing about league of legends. said something along the lines of. "this is someone from league of legends" or something like that. and now... league.. league everywhere!! i love it!!!

Thats a nice amount of LoL. I was glag to see Akali and kat got some love, they are my girls. Now we just need karma, twisted fate, and shen.

Great pictures, fun to look at and educational!

I didn't expect there to be a Journey cosplay so soon. Looks good. (Major laughs at #47.)
Major props to the Mordin one :D

...geez, there's always that one creepy Pyramid Head >>

Hey I just wanted to let you know for photo #13. That's me, and it's not a 'fantasy chick', lmao, it's the Brigand from the multiplayer of Assassin's Creed:Revelations. You were right on the guy though, he's from AC. He's the Sentinel, also from ACR.
Maybe my costume wasn't recognizable because it's not done...I still have to make the black lines down the shirt and embroider the sleeves and my gloves. But yep, I'm the Brigand from ACR.

Not as sexy as I hope. The Aela the Huntress one was good though.

@ #51

Ass Creed? xD

I find myself impressed with Pit. I can't remember ever seeing a halfway decent Nintendo cosplay, and that one was surprisingly faithful.

That Bumblebee just had to have actual transforming action. I just know it. There's far too much going on there for that costume NOT to be able to at least fold up and look like it had transformed into a car.

Picture thirteen, they are both characters from the multiplayer in Assassin's Creed: Revelations. The vangaurd is one of them.

#11 is Blood Queen Lanathal, not a Warlock.

Patchy? +1 for cosplaying as my favorite Touhou. I want to rename my Skyrim Fireball spell to Royal Flare.

Thirteen are the AC:R Brigand and Sentinel multiplayer characters.

Caption typo on #30

Panzervaughn:

Pretty much that. So many Lol Cosplays O.o It boggles the mind.

Adultratedhydra:

Panzervaughn:

Pretty much that. So many Lol Cosplays O.o It boggles the mind.

Lanathal is Warcraftian in nature though, she was a Boss in ICC, so it was close. =P

I'm sure I saw all these people in the Power Rangers series when I was a kid.

Cosplayers still creep me the hell out, except for Ghostbusters and hot girls.

Space Jawa:
That Bumblebee just had to have actual transforming action. I just know it. There's far too much going on there for that costume NOT to be able to at least fold up and look like it had transformed into a car.

My thought exactly. All necessary parts appear to be there, and moveable.

Saren as a puppet was brilliant, too. The reference alone should be worth a news article (if a bad GlaDOS costume is, too... At least the GlaDOS in this slideshow didn't pretend to be brilliant).

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here