Peter Molyneux Calls Microsoft a "Creative Padded Cell"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

I wish Molyneux the best, always liked him. Though not every game of his was a winner, he certainly doesn't lack ambition and you can definitely tell that he wants to give the people something new, and it's really hard for me not to like the guy.

Let's hope going indie ends up being a good thing for him.

Hes a little crazy in the head... But his heart's in the right place.

I was expecting funny anecdote material, but instead I got a guy complaining about something so odd. I wish my workplace had ergonomic personnel. Actually this is good anecdote material.

In all seriousness I do understand how coddling can get annoying. I think there was something else that made Molyneux quit, but he did not feel like sharing.

Best of luck to him. I still have not played the original Syndicate, but I plan to do so in the future.

What I want to know is how does someone apply for the job of "chair adjuster" & how much does it pay?

cursedseishi:
So the lady who wants to make sure you aren't hurting your back in the chair (I'm guessing that's her job), is what made you say "Screw it MAN! You're bringing me down MAN! My creativity can't flourish here, MAN!"...?

Sure, why the frack not with this guy, he's insane enough as it is...

No. I'm surprised so many people don't get it... He didn't get this idea so much from her adjusting his chair, but from the realisation he was in such a heavy safe zone, treated like a spoiled kid, he no longer had risk and the need to survive to help him make good games, he'd become confined in a place that coddled him so much, he no longer needed to make a game that decided whether he lives or dies on it.

"Chair Adjustment Personnel" is such an insane idea that I can't help but think Molyneux had a hand in their existence.

I'm glad he's moving on from Microsoft and really looking forward to what he comes up with next, absolutely loved Populous, the Black & White series and the first Fable.

vxicepickxv:

Lancer873:
Microsoft chair adjustment personnel... Not sure if I should follow that up with "Is the name of my alt-pop-rock band" or "dot tumblr dot com"

What about Creative Padded Cell? I think I'll call that one for my indie-pop band.

I dunno, sounds more like the name of a small indie-game studio. They probably just make free online flash games. The sort of group that has cool concepts but never quite put out a nice polished game...

CardinalPiggles:
I'm imagining a giant group of people, developer veterans, just leaving their posts and assembling a super development team. No publishers, no boundaries, just development.

A developer... without a publisher?

I can imagine it now.

"We will forsake our publishers. We will leave our studios behind us and become one with this earth. We have no publisher, no boundaries, no deadlines. We go where we're needed, developing not for publishers, not for investors, but for ourselves. We need no reason to develop, we develop because we are wanted. We will be the developer for those with no other recourse. We are developers without boundaries, our purpose is defined by the generation we develop for. We will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services, if the times demand it, we'll be looney, insane, cwazy. And yes, we may all be headed straight to development hell. But what better place for us than this? It's our only home. Our heaven and our hell. This is Outer Heaven."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here