Schoolkids Cover Rammstein

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Schoolkids Cover Rammstein

Three small children have given the internet the best Rammstein cover of all time.

Rammstein is a German industrial metal band described by guitarist Paul Landers as "on the fringes of bad taste," famous for its faux-fascist, militaristic imagery, excessively pyrotechnical stage shows and overt, bizarre sexual content in its videos, album covers, and stage shows, which have resulted in more than one overnight stay in jail for band members. Theatrics notwithstanding, it's a pretty good band, although I'm not sure if anything it's done can compare with this cover by ten-year-old Stefan, eight-year-old Olga, and five-year-old Cornelia for sheer, balls-to-the-wall awesomeness.

The kids don't just cover the Rammstein track "Sonne," they absolutely kill it. They rock it so hard it reaches into the fifth dimension. I think this may be the greatest thing ever, or at the very least the coolest YouTube video you're likely to see all day. And be sure to watch it all the way to the end - trust me, it's worth it.

Oh, and if you'd like to compare, here's the original Rammstein video "Sonne" on YouTube.

And how do the parents feel about their kids love of Rammstein? "Some of their videos we don't like, some of the lyrics also, but overall their music, with that unique combination of immense power, tension, glorious themes and subtle infusion of good taste romanticism, makes them the best musicians of the past 20 years," they wrote. They added that the kids aren't forced to play or perform for the internet, and in fact only practice for an hour a day; they even point out that Cornelia - the five-year-old, bear in mind - "has her talents, but is not the best drummer, at least not as good as that boy Igor Malecki from Poland."

I don't know this Malecki kid, but I bet he doesn't rock out as hard as this.

via: boingboing

March 6th eh? I can tell you guys are on top of the news...

OT This is adorable :D It's fun to watch this

Not exactly the kind of cutting-edge news I live for, but I love Rammstein and this was cute enough to brighten up my day.

This is pretty awesome.

Got me to smile.
Sadly I'll miss Rammstein this month. Can't drop $150 for floor. >.<

Whaaa ... ? I'm just- I don't-

Once again the internet leaps out of a bush and clocks me with a sock full of soap.

Is this the greatest piece of journalism in the history of journalism? Quite possibly.

Matthew94:
March 6th eh? I can tell you guys are on top of the news...

Though it's amusing to picture Andy (or the rest of the new team) trolling youtube for videos that are newsworthy out of shear awesomenessitude, the boingboing article referenced was from last Friday. That's hardly "late" enough to warrant that response.

Just wait until that kid grows some real balls.

9-year-olds building arcades? 10-year-olds rocking out harder than rock itself? What will the internet produce next?

Rammstein are good, yes. Best musicians of the past 20 years however? Not a chance. Rammstein write some of the simplest guitar riffs and musical structures around. They sound fucking great, but they aren't exactly making complex music.

Also, I see your children playing Rammstein and challenge you with children playing Sepultura.

GiantRaven:
Rammstein are good, yes. Best musicians of the past 20 years however? Not a chance. Rammstein write some of the simplest guitar riffs and musical structures around. They sound fucking great, but they aren't exactly making complex music.

Also, I see your children playing Rammstein and challenge you with children playing Sepultura.

Mind = Blown

actually, if you did your research, you'd know that the "faux-fascist, militaristic imagery" thing a load of crap. in fact, they wrote a whole song denouncing such accusations!

Oh, stop. That's too cute.

I like how the drums kid can keep up with the beat. To have that kind of rhythm at that age is amazing.

So... where are these kids from? Czeck Republic? Poland? I'm curious why and who the hell got a five-year-old interested in industrial metal sung in a language they probably don't even understand.

This was too cute. Totally made my day :)

I'm more amazed that the little kid/baby or whatever can keep up the beat. That's like mindblowing at that age its awesome.

Quaxar:
So... where are these kids from? Czeck Republic? Poland? I'm curious why and who the hell got a five-year-old interested in industrial metal sung in a language they probably don't even understand.

Most Europeans speak, at minimum, four of five different languages. Its one of things you have to learn when your country borders others that don't share your language.

OT; I thought it was pretty cool, almost as cool as the Capella cover of Du Hast;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7AblTjKTHk

This is about seven different kinds of adorable.

These kids managed to make my entire goddamn week.

Giant kudos to them!

This story is so full of win that I'm smilling cheek to cheek. XD This just made my day ha ha!

lol, now that was adorable. just had a big smile on my face during the whole video. amazing how this little kid can keep up the beat with the drum. as long they dont sing "pussy", we can relax. :p
makes me wonder what rammstein it self thinks of this.

itchcrotch:
actually, if you did your research, you'd know that the "faux-fascist, militaristic imagery" thing a load of crap. in fact, they wrote a whole song denouncing such accusations!

Dude, have you been to a Rammstein concert? It's three types of crazy. Ever hear Links 234? Yeah, I remember when that song came on and they goose-stepped out onto stage in military costuming with mini flame cannons launching from the tips of their boots.

They don't want to be mistaken for Nazis, sure, but if you think that imagery the article described isn't there, we're talking about two different bands.

Also, I think this article is about a five-year-old drummer.

Mike Kayatta:

itchcrotch:

Dude, have you been to a Rammstein concert? It's three types of crazy. Ever hear Links 234? Yeah, I remember when that song came on and they goose-stepped out onto stage in military costuming with mini flame cannons launching from the tips of their boots.

They don't want to be mistaken for Nazis, sure, but if you think that imagery the article described isn't there, we're talking about two different bands.

Also, I think this article is about a five-year-old drummer.

funny you should say that, links 2, 3, 4 was in fact the song they release in reaction to fascist accusations. flake said something along the lines of wanting to make a song that sounded militiristic and evil, and to the thick ear, "fascist", yet in fact stood for all the opposite values.

008Zulu:

Quaxar:

Most Europeans speak, at minimum, four of five different languages. Its one of things you have to learn when your country borders others that don't share your language.

OT; I thought it was pretty cool, almost as cool as the Capella cover of Du Hast;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7AblTjKTHk

Interesting. I am European and I have never met anyone who could speak five languages... that's why we learn English throughout the EU.
Also, you're probably not going to learn German at age five unless your parents are natives which I doubt in this case, or if they live in a border area, which we cannot say because we don't know anything about their location except that they're Slavic.

Quaxar:
Interesting. I am European and I have never met anyone who could speak five languages... that's why we learn English throughout the EU.
Also, you're probably not going to learn German at age five unless your parents are natives which I doubt in this case, or if they live in a border area, which we cannot say because we don't know anything about their location except that they're Slavic.

Personally, I know about a dozen Europeans, they speak; German, English and French. Some also speak Spanish and two, Swiss. They might be the exception since they work in international trading.

Who knows, maybe they don't speak German but are just imitating.

Lots of talented kids out there, but nothing beats this cover;

Mike Kayatta:
-Snip-

They change their wardrobe with each major tour. They've had a very vibrant wardrobe and it hasn't always been faux-militaristic.

Also, the song you mention, have you read the lyrics? It's satire on criticism directed at them and affirms their 'leftist' leanings.

This is just downright adorable.
Their parents are awesome...and a little messed up.

GiantRaven:

Eh, I reject the notion that bands/musicians have to play complex music to be considered 'great'.

Sepultura are a great example in the context of Metal. The album Roots has lots of simple, groove-based riffing.

What of other musicians?

David Gilmour? Nirvana? Hendrix? The Beatles? Elvis? Cash? Lanegan? You see where I'm going?

All these people/groups have contributed new and/or challenging ideas and sounds to music. I would consider Rammstein a 'great' band not only for the music they write, but for the impact they've had as well. It's quite an achievement, and the video can be seen as a microcosm of their influence.

They also underplay, so the minimalism is intentional - most of band were accomplished musicians before Rammstein and it takes a few listens to pick up on the subtle layers that make them more than just a bunch of proficient power-riffers.

Just needed to get that off my chest :)

Still Life:
Eh, I reject the notion that bands/musicians have to play complex music to be considered 'great'.

I never said Rammstein weren't great. In fact, they're fantastic! However, there is a significant difference between that and being considered 'the best'. Of course, there isn't really anybody that coould convincingly be considered to be the best musicians of the past 20 years, which begs the question of why it needed to be stated at all.

But definitely don't take what I said as a suggestion that simpler music is somehow inferior.

GiantRaven:

Still Life:

I never said Rammstein weren't great. In fact, they're fantastic! However, there is a significant difference between that and being considered 'the best'. Of course, there isn't really anybody that coould convincingly be considered to be the best musicians of the past 20 years, which begs the question of why it needed to be stated at all.

But definitely don't take what I said as a suggestion that simpler music is somehow inferior.

I'm just very passionate about music.

Hopefully I didn't come across as an ass :)

King of the Boss-Children!!! niiiice!

008Zulu:

Quaxar:

Personally, I know about a dozen Europeans, they speak; German, English and French. Some also speak Spanish and two, Swiss. They might be the exception since they work in international trading.

German, English and French I give you. There's also the option of Italian instead of French in most places here, sometimes even Spanish. Mostly it's on a either/or basis though.
And I'm not sure what this "Swiss" is supposed to be, probably Swiss-German which is just a really crazy version of German, but yeah, international trading could very well be a part of this since I know more than enough people having trouble even with basic English not to mention their damn mother tongue sometimes...

Quaxar:

008Zulu:

Quaxar:

German, English and French I give you. There's also the option of Italian instead of French in most places here, sometimes even Spanish. Mostly it's on a either/or basis though.
And I'm not sure what this "Swiss" is supposed to be, probably Swiss-German which is just a really crazy version of German, but yeah, international trading could very well be a part of this since I know more than enough people having trouble even with basic English not to mention their damn mother tongue sometimes...

I agree that a "minimum of four or five different languages" is exaggerating. People usually learn 1 or 2 foreign languages at school. Of that maximum of two only one is usually learned well enough to have a decent conversation. So most people in Germany I know have learned 2 foreign languages but only one (English) well enough for conversation.

I do speak 4 languages, but I've gotten around alot.

well given their age, this wasn't too bad. Still prefer the original though

Quaxar:

Yeah, they seemed to get upset when I confused the Swiss-German and Swiss-French with regular German and French. They never say why, but I think it's the same when Americans think Australians sound English.

Heh. This is very cute.

I vote for 'bleed' by Meshuggah next.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook