Namco Axes Weird PlayStation Move Stripping Game

Namco Axes Weird PlayStation Move Stripping Game

The monkey-stripping-puzzler is a no go.

These are words I never thought I'd type: Namco Bandai recently cancelled a new, Japan-only PlayStation Move game that let players control monkeys as they stripped girls of their clothing in a rather unique puzzle action game.

Titled Dancing Eyes, the game was a remake of an obscure 1996 puzzler of the same name and concept, where player-controlled monkeys scrambled across scantily clad girls and removed chunks of their clothing in a fairly unique way. Apparently, Dancing Eyes was planned to be part of Namco Generations lineup, which featured several decidedly less risqué games like Pac-Man Championship and Galaga Legions.

Oddly enough, Namco Bandai was particularly excited about remaking Dancing Eyes, even going so far as to create a weekly comic strip featuring a monkey from the game. Currently, Namco has offered no explanation as to why the Dancing Eyes was cancelled.

Source: Andriasang

Those bastards, how could they cancel such an amazing game.

Hell, I'd give it a try, though the ad veers disturbingly close to suggesting a game where monkeys skin scantily clad girls...

Oh how I love Japan. It's like an entire country populated and run by boys going through puberty. They're so fun XD. America is much less interesting with their stiff conservative militarism that bleeds into most their games.

AngryMongoose:
Hell, I'd give it a try, though the ad veers disturbingly close to suggesting a game where monkeys skin scantily clad girls...

I wouldn't say it veers close to and more veers directly towards.

...Maybe we'll get lucky and some hacker will get the code and post the game for download.

Also, the all-new Chevy Sonic can kiss my ass.

AngryMongoose:

That would be awesome, what is so disturbing? <.<

Japan, you really help with the stereotype.

How could they make stripping look so boring?

That game was not obscure! It even had an american imitation that copied the gameplay and ran at arcades.

My Reaction: What the bleeding fuck?
Friend's Reaction: Yeah, okay, but why the monkeys?

SHUT UP AND TAKE M--

Oh. Well. I shall keep my money in my wallet for now, then.

Good day, Japan.

Im confused, aroused, and infuriated all at the same time.
I havent been like this since my wife bought a very sexy bikini, and then proceeded to tell me it was for her mother.

I will admit, im a sad it got canceled. This looked slightly more tasteful then most things that come out over there. But only slightly.

I'm officially desensitised to this kind of stuff... All I could think was "Why was it for the move"?

Imagine the peripherals that could have been sold with this.

That video has been set to private.

OT: What strange idea for a game. Would anyone actually buy this?

What; no tentacles?

How bland.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or