There's a Zombie On Your Wall

There's a Zombie On Your Wall

Zombified pajamas are just one of the new ways you can show your love for Plants vs. Zombies.

Those eager for their own zombie-repelling sunflower won't have to wait much longer. PopCap Games has announced its first official line of themed merchandise based off the its incredibly popular tower-defense game Plants vs. Zombies.

PopCap's new products will include items like plush toys, wallets, figurines, calendars and headphones. I'm especially looking forward to the proposed PvZ-themed adult sleepwear, because frankly, who doesn't like a comfortable set of zombie pajamas?

The first line of PopCap products, based of Plants vs. Zombies, will arrive this spring, with additional product lines inspired by other PopCap games arriving early next year. PopCap's new themed product lines mark the first major licensing deal the casual game company has undertaken in its 12 year history.

Source: PopCap Games

This is all well and good, but where is PvZ 2???

You'd think they were Valve with how long the promised sequel is taking!

Oddly enough I still haven't played the game. I blame that on the fact I don't have a phone that can play it and I need my money/time elsewhere. Maybe my sister has it...

Anyway merch for a series I haven't touched never really excites me. Like how I was totally indifferent when a friend gave me an Angry Birds plush.

Oh gawd, give it too me, now!

Those plushies are so cute.

Now for PvZ 2, right Popcap?....Right?

Dargocitfer:
This is all well and good, but where is PvZ 2???

You'd think they were Valve with how long the promised sequel is taking!

To be fair, they promised it'd be out sometime before like, 2035. So they're already better at keeping their promises than Valve.

If those Angry Birds people can make a bunch of merchandise for their game, why not a group like Popcap. I think I would actually prefer seeing PvZ items to the avalanche of AB stuff.

The grumpy squash is hilarious to me for some reason.

POPCAP GAMES ANNOUNCES FIRST MAJOR MERCHANDISING AGREEMENTS FOR PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES™, BEJEWELED® AND OTHER ICONIC GAME BRANDS

how do you merchandise bejeweled?
smiling Polyhedrons?

I want it. The zombie shirt and pajama pants specifically. Maybe one or two of the desktop things. TELL ME HOW!

Why do I not see a sunflower lamp?
I expected mower from you PopCap.

Redlin5:
Oddly enough I still haven't played the game. I blame that on the fact I don't have a phone that can play it and I need my money/time elsewhere. Maybe my sister has it...

Anyway merch for a series I haven't touched never really excites me. Like how I was totally indifferent when a friend gave me an Angry Birds plush.

You can download the demo version for free on your computer.

DVS BSTrD:
You can download the demo version for free on your computer.

*points at lazy badge on profile*

I'll get to it later... Maybe...

Awesome! Now I can keep a Peashooter on my desk to keep annoying brothers zombies at check.

Sweet. Now for the second instalment, we're waiting!

Eric the Orange:

Exactly what I thought, made me chuckle.

therandombear:

I must have that sunflower plushie. MUST. HAFF. EET!

Susan Arendt:

therandombear:

I must have that sunflower plushie. MUST. HAFF. EET!

Or the squash, just look at that frown.

Seems out of place so far off its original release.

This most likely means sequel. Yay? Or will they be just milking the franchise? Hmmm...

Sequel, sequel, sequel, ad infinitum. There now that I got that out, I may have to get some for my wife. She's got a crush on potato mine.

Ectoplasmicz:
Sweet. Now for the second instalment, we're waiting!

Eric the Orange:

Exactly what I thought, made me chuckle.

Since his sole purpose is to 'squash' zombies by dropping out of the sky, he's gotta look menacing to match.

Also, my favorite.

The squash is so cute.
I must have it.

Want the sunflower plushy. It looks awesome.

Captcha: I have to describe Internet Explorer... I wonder if it'll accept 'apple' :P

Want.

Sunflower Plushie.

NAO.

This is the second article like this where I have to wonder why you are reprinting press releases as news? I can only imagine you were paid in some way, or they took out ads with you, or something.
Can you at least label this kind of stuff? When the lines between advertisement and content become blurred all you do is lower the value of your content, which is among some of the best on the web right now.

Mygaffer:
This is the second article like this where I have to wonder why you are reprinting press releases as news? I can only imagine you were paid in some way, or they took out ads with you, or something.
Can you at least label this kind of stuff? When the lines between advertisement and content become blurred all you do is lower the value of your content, which is among some of the best on the web right now.

Hey, this is news to me. I actually found it interesting and surprising that they haven't made some kind of tie-in product line before now.

ummmm... thats great and everything, nut shouldn't they have done this like two years ago?

shut up and take my money... all of it.

I would buy the grumpy squash...

You mean the Zombie plushie my husband gave me last time he came home from China was un-official?!?!?

Someone needs to make one of those demotivational poster things saying like,

"Grumpy Squash is not amused"

Eric the Orange:
Someone needs to make one of those demotivational poster things saying like,
"Grumpy Squash is not amused"

I absolutely *love* the plushies!!!! Must. Have. Plushies.
And the figurines. And the PJs. Definitely the PJs.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here