Sony Outs Rebellion DLC for Mass Effect 3

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Sony Outs Rebellion DLC for Mass Effect 3

The next Mass Effect 3 DLC pack has been inadvertently revealed.

Like the flash of a shooting star, it was there and then gone: "It" being the latest multiplayer DLC release for Mass Effect 3, which appeared briefly on Sony's Hong Kong website and then disappeared into the ether. It's not the promised clarification to the end of the single-player game, however, but a new multiplayer expansion pack called Rebellion.

The Rebellion expansion will add two new multiplayer levels, the jungle-based Firebase Jade and Firebase Goddess on the Asari homeworld of Thessia. Also in the mix are three new weapons, new equipment and consumables and six new classes: the Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator, Phoenix Adept and Vanguard, and my favorites of the bunch, the Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel. Vorcha!

And what is this "Phoenix" business? Nobody knows for sure but based on conversation on the BioWare forums, the smart money appears to be on Protheans. Perhaps Javik isn't as alone as he thought?

When this will happen is anyone's guess too, although "soon" is probably a good bet; before it was pulled, the Sony site said the new content would be released today.

Source: Kotaku

Aren't quarian engineers and infiltrators already in the game?

Also, I'm amused at how it's sony, the guys who have stuck their heels in the ground about the MP operations who reveal the MP DLC early. Maybe Sony really do hate EA.

Richardplex:

Also, I'm amused at how it's sony, the guys who have stuck their heels in the ground about the MP operations who reveal the MP DLC early. Maybe Sony really do hate EA.

I'm guessing they are special forms of engineers and infiltrators, but I want to know what the hell a phoenix is. Is it some kind of human special forces?

Yeah the Quarian engineer and infiltrator aren't new. Very interested in the others though. I was just thinking a Thessia map would be fun so I'm stoked.

Oh come on, when are we going to get single player DLC?

Ah yes, "Rebellion"
The inevitably overpriced DLC that is allegedly waiting for multiplayer release.
We have dismissed that claim.

Andy Chalk:
Perhaps Javik isn't as along as he thought?

Shouldn't this be "alone"?

And yes, I care not about more multiplayer addons. I'd vastly prefer some news about single player DLC.

Richardplex:

I'm assuming the new Quarians will be males, and if Sony does hate EA, they will have earned alot more respect from me. I feel like I'm missing out on so much whenever I play ME2 and 3 just because I didn't fork over as much money as I possibly could to EA, and I hate it. I play ME1 and it feels perfectly complete.

If it's not free, I won't be getting it.

:0

I want this now, because it was starting to get a bit old but new DLC would make it even more awesome.

Antitonic:
Shouldn't this be "alone"?

Probably, yes. ;)

I'm with the assumption that the new Quarians are going to be Male, perhaps with a different skill load.

Vorcha are just going to be amazing. Hopefully they have some limited health regen, and scream "RAAAAHHH, BLOOOOD!" lots

The Phoenix... smart money is on it being more Protheans, which I think would be pretty cool but would mess with the single player storyline a bit. For more of an out there guess, I've heard some rumbling from people saying it's going to be the Raloi (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Raloi). I'd enjoy seeing a new species introduced, maybe not through MP, but still...

Where is the single player content man? I've yet to meet that many people who really give a fuck about the multiplayer.

"Continuing to build my shepard's legend" most certainly does not involve some punk ass kids armed with a limited vocabulary and a headset...

I knew it! I knew it! I'm right again! I told people of this at least two weeks ago and they didn't believe me! They always don't believe me! But here I am, right again! Ne-hehehehehehehee!

(I tend to get wind of Mass Effect DLC things early, and every time I get wind of one, I tell people about and they usually don't believe me. But here I am, right on the money once more.)

if it ain't free i ain't touchin it with a 30 ft pole, not that it isn't nice or refreshing to update the multiplayer, it is NOT what I am interested in in the slightest.

More classes? I'm having a hard enough time unlocking Turians and Geth, I don't need more crap classes to continuously unlock new shiny colors for their outfits. I want a Geth, already! Not a new color for my useless Batarian Sentinel! Okay, nerdrage complete. Carry on.

DVS BSTrD:

Ah yes, "Rebellion"
The inevitably overpriced DLC that is allegedly waiting for multiplayer release.

Fixed to have slightly better flow compared to the original quote. What? That sort of stuff matters

...to me anyway ;-;

More classes, that's nice I guess...too bad the ending is still awful.

Remember when people bought Mass Effect 3 for the shoehorned multiplayer?

I'm still waiting for Mass Effect 3 to eliminate the $10 "Greed Tax" that puts it $10 higher than it should be. Then I'll consider whether it's worth infecting my computer with EA Download Manager.

Raven's Nest:
Where is the single player content man? I've yet to meet that many people who really give a fuck about the multiplayer.

"Continuing to build my shepard's legend" most certainly does not involve some punk ass kids armed with a limited vocabulary and a headset...

Normally, my opinion lands very closely to yours. Normally. But the ME3 coop is quite awesome, and all 4 of my ME3-loving friends jump on quite frequently. Judging by the kill counts from the Operations Bioware's been running, I dare say the multiplayer is something many people give a fuck about... just maybe not in public, lest they ruin their coolguy image.

All of that being said, though, I'm with you... given the choice between the two, I'd rather have FREE SINGLE PLAYER DLC, DAMMIT!!!

Amnestic:

DVS BSTrD:

Ah yes, "Rebellion"

Fixed to have slightly better flow compared to the original quote. What? That sort of stuff matters

...to me anyway ;-;

Sorry I was in a rush at the time.

Fix'd

snagli:
Oh come on, when are we going to get single player DLC?

When Single Player begins offering Trading Card pack crap DLC and makes you waste more money than Multiplayer does.

Honestly, I bet Bioware is putting off the "Ending DLC" because they know there is no way to clarify and improve the ending they used, without telling fans the whole "Indoctrination" thing is right.
Hell, they probably didn't even intend to release or create it, and are just going to drop it to favor the next Mass Effect game, just like they did with the failure that was Dragon Age 2.

AMAZED:

Richardplex:

I'm guessing they are special forms of engineers and infiltrators, but I want to know what the hell a phoenix is. Is it some kind of human special forces?

may be a typo
from what I read in other sites while googling, it's Turian engineer and infiltrator =P

mattttherman3:
If it's not free, I won't be getting it.

Thats my thought. Considering how much a pain in the ass it is to get new unlocks (if you want anything actually good, you have to save up for the spectre pack) and the whole damn crapshoot that that is... if they charge for it, the classes and weapons better be unlocked at the start.

multiplayer? where the fucking singleplayer "The Truth" DLC you promised?!

well then again it's EA, one of the big three of evil in gaming.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if the "Phoenix" characters are dressed in an unalterable version of that ridiculous pink armor from ME1.

I have a feeling that EA is making enough money on people who buy packs that they're not actually going to charge for this one either.

Why force people to buy this, they'll be less likely to choose to buy the packs later.

Free or not, im not going to get it unless Origin just decides on its own to download it anyway if its free.

As mildly above average the MP is, its not why why i bought the game. The time spent developing MP and its map/class/weapon packs could have been used on more important stuff for which the trilogy is known for...

There's no single player DLC because they're focusing on the Extended Cut, which they said was planned for the generic release date of 'Summer'. They also said they had to push back all of their DLC plans to get this unexpected addition out of the way. Furthermore, Mass Effect 2 didn't have any non-launch DLC until about four months after release, this game's been out for two.

Also, the Quarians are likely Male variants of the already existing ones, although probably with altered skill sets as with the Asari Justicar from the last pack. There was a leaked picture of a Male Quarian a while back.

Haha, is Sony trolling?

I gave up on multiplayer weeks ago. Stupid Spectre packs >>
The Thessia map does interest me a bit though.

The ME3 MP is just average and does nothing interesting truthfully.

Any good MP has different modes to play. Like LFD2, or GoldenEye.

AbstractStream:
Haha, is Sony trolling?

I gave up on multiplayer weeks ago. Stupid Spectre packs >>
The Thessia map does interest me a bit though.

Yeah I haven't played the multiplayer in about a month either. I got tired of playing through to get credits so I could afford the Spectre packs only to get a new color for my Human Infiltrator, a class I never play. I played consistently since it came out and have still not yet unlocked Turians, Geth, Drell, or Krogan. It's really annoying. If we are going to play to get credits, we should at least be allowed to purchase the exact class we want.

It'll be free. To charge for it would be a horrible business decision...it'd split the community and people would drop like flies from the game. The game that they probably earn most of the money from just by people paying points for chances to unlock the stuff they release for free. Then again, EA does get a say, so you never know...

My guess is the 'Pheonix' is Collector rather than Prothean. It'd make more lore sense...barely.

The DLC isn't coming out today. Sony goofed up and the information is wrong.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/12067667&lf=8

Thank Christ. Now everyone can get bored of the 1 dimensional multiplayer tacked on BS.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here