Activision Tried to Have Its Employees' Computers Hacked

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Multibillion dollar company, and they're stooping to jackassery. They're so paranoid and so scared they're literally doing whatever they can to screw their employees over. Not to mention what they did to the CoD team after they made them more money than any game ever, they weren't going to get their royalties ...unless they stuck around and helped with the next one.

Activision being villainous? Yawn. Wake me up when something new happens.

I know people like to say this but I am REALLY not surprised in the slightest. A company's culture comes from the top and all evidence points to Bobby Kotick being a real piece of work with no ethics to speak of.

I hope he and his money grubbing company get reamed as hard as the law will allow.

Stekepanne5:
I love the idea of grown men creating names and operations for something like this. Did they have walkie-talkies from the toy shop and codenames as well?

Yeah it's hilarious. All the more funny that they failed to do it too. Like they couldn't even manage to get on two guys computers in a building that they owned...

lolol.

Moonlight Butterfly:

Stekepanne5:
I love the idea of grown men creating names and operations for something like this. Did they have walkie-talkies from the toy shop and codenames as well?

Yeah it's hilarious. All the more funny that they failed to do it too. Like they couldn't even manage to get on two guys computers in a building that they owned...

The whole thing is just crying out to be made into a sitcom. I know there's writers around here - get to work!

Formica Archonis:
(Reads story.) Shouldn't that apostrophe be one more letter to the right? More than one employee was the target.

As to the content of the story, these guys are both unethical AND morons. Either the devices were theirs and they could just take 'em and copy the hard drives at their leisure, or they were the personal possessions of the employees in question brought in under BYOD policy, which I somehow doubt said "Oh, and we reserve the right to take your personal stuff and use it against you."

Its a legal grey area while they own the physical hardware the intellectual information is still yours. In the same way that if you load a video onto youtube its still yours their just storing it.

The reason i say gray area is because i don't know every countries legal practise in this particular area.

Facepalm. That is all.

frobalt:
Is it just me, or does 'Operation Icebreaker' sound like a cool (See what I did there?) code-name for a secret freshers party for university students?

Or maybe what they call a mixer at the CIA; you know, the kinda party where they can exchange code-names and background information.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here