Street Fighter X Tekken Patch Introduces Game Breaking Bug

Street Fighter X Tekken Patch Introduces Game Breaking Bug

Players maining Rolento may want to avoid update 1.04.

Or download it immediately, if you enjoy hard resets. The 1.04 patch for Capcom's latest fighting game - the one with the cannibal problem - does fix some of the game's weird hit box issues, but it also introduces something a lot worse. The game will crash, requiring a hard reset, whenever Rolento's knife attack makes contact with another projectile.

The video below shows the glitch in action:

It's a minor issue, and unfortunately nowhere near as chuckle-inducing as the aerodynamically-challenged dragons Bethesda accidentally introduced in one of its Skyrim patches, but it's more bad publicity that the game can ill afford right now. Especially given that, despite selling over a million copies thus far, SFXT isn't meeting Capcom's sales expectations.

So now they've turned Rolento into the Annoying Orange?

I didn't think they could fuck up SFxTK anymore then they already have...

I was wrong

MrBrightside919:

I was wrong

Oh please, I've been alive 31 years and the one thing I know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that anything can be fucked up even more than it was in the first place.

It's the hilarious fuck ups like these that are worth waiting for.

OT: So, should the game be renamed Rolento cross Tech Department?

CrazyCapnMorgan:

MrBrightside919:

I was wrong

Oh please, I've been alive 31 years and the one thing I know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that anything can be fucked up even more than it was in the first place.

Well, you generally expect patches to fix things...not screw them up even worse...

MrBrightside919:

CrazyCapnMorgan:

MrBrightside919:

I was wrong

Well, you generally expect patches to fix things...not screw them up even worse...

Speaking as an outsider looking in, this does sound pretty hilarious.

OT: Actually I've got nothing. I look forward to seeing what else may change for the worse once they fix this glitch.

I must say that's pretty damn funny, although I'm guessing that a bunch of people are gonna start playing as Rolento now just to troll people online.

And Capcom wonders why I haven't per-ordered Dragon's Dogma?

At least Capcom didn't misspell something this time. Those were actually starting to get endearing.

Grey Carter:
...despite selling over a million copies, SFXT isn't matching Capcom's sales expectations.

I wonder how many of those copies sold were just to Netflix? :-}

MrBrightside919:

CrazyCapnMorgan:

MrBrightside919:

I was wrong

This may be true, but as OP noted, one Skyrim patch did indeed fix something for me. My need for seeing backwards flying dragons! And it was awesome.

CrazyCapnMorgan:

MrBrightside919:

CrazyCapnMorgan:

This may be true, but as OP noted, one Skyrim patch did indeed fix something for me. My need for seeing backwards flying dragons! And it was awesome.

That wasn't really a game breaking glitch tho...it was absolutely hilarious tho...

MrBrightside919:

CrazyCapnMorgan:

MrBrightside919:

I was wrong

You'd be surprised. Anyone who has ever played an MMO knows that you can practically expect every new patch to break somethin new and excitin each time. Game systems are funny like that.

ah yes its time to use the knife of trolls, with the ability to stop time and break games.

MrBrightside919:

CrazyCapnMorgan:

MrBrightside919:

I was wrong

If you have ever played a Bethesda or Obsidian game them you'd have learned to fear patches as they have a habit of doing just this. So really no surprise from me that Capcom screwed up there game even more. I'm just surprised it happened in a comically funny way such as this.

I should also add as I have not seen anyone comment on it the Youtube comments say that id you hit Ibuki out of her Super @ any time even before the projectile is fired the game will also crash. However as I do not own the game I can not confirm if true or just Youtubers trolling.

Good thing I was already sick of playing this game the day after I bought it.

....wait, that's not good at all.

I plan to get the Vita version, hope they fix the bugs by then...

MrBrightside919:

CrazyCapnMorgan:

MrBrightside919:

I was wrong

Well, the track record indicates that several patches will do something that theyre not intended to. Like those wyverns in Skyrim that flew backwards, for another recent example.

Anyway, Capcom will probably fix this in time for this years Evo tournament.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here