Kingdoms of Amalur 2 Was In Pre-Production

Pages PREV 1 2

HobbesMkii:

Governor. Not Mayor. Two different levels of state government.

Let's be honest here... it's Rhode Island... he might as well be a mayor.

Consider this Darwinism of the game industry. KoA looked like every other fanstasy game since Fable and the huge ass collectors edition for a game no one knew if it was gonna be good. So to already think you have the next high fantasty fap-fest as an IP and franchise it and have an MMO off the bat is stupid.

I would have loved to play it, I think it could have been absolutely amazing. As I say every time this horrible turn of events come up, Reckoning was a very good game, with some faults, and the sequel would have been fantastic.

Selling a game from a completely new IP at a higher price than the norm, made for poor sales? I wonder why.

I played the demo and thought the game was interesting, but when they had the nerve to sell it for $60, I decided to wait until the price gets lower. Currently, the price on Steam is the same (or $80 for the game + all DLC bundle).

Another mistake EA will never learn from, I guess.

Grey Day for Elcia:
A small group made an overrated, albeit adequate, action adventure game with role playing elements .

The term is 'Action RPG'. :)

SmarterThanYou:

Grey Day for Elcia:
A small group made an overrated, albeit adequate, action adventure game with role playing elements .

The term is 'Action RPG'. :)

Eh. I'd rather not degrade the term.

Am I the only one that is watching this thread in the hopes that some idiot will go on blathering about "It is all EA's fault blah blah blah", without realizing that the reason 38 Studios is in the can (or just about) is all 100% due to 38 studios?

An this is why there are no new ip's around. Companies don't want to try anything new, just rehash what's already out there. I bet if Amular 2 had added cover based shooting and multiplayer death matchs EA would have given them the money.

What a shame. :(

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or