New Humble Indie Bundle Will Blow You Away - UPDATED

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Kalezian:
yea, Im sure by now people already have Amnesia and Psychonauts, not to mention Limbo and Bastion.

But even I haven't heard of Super Brothers Sword and Sorcery.

....and wasn't the idea of a Indie Bundle to get several relatively unknown indie games out to players for a low price and help various charities while doing so?

Just saying, maybe they should add more games people dont already have.

or maybe people just want the soundtracks, that seems like a more plausible course of action [while gifting the games they already have to their friends too, I guess.]

The only game I own on that list is Bastion. So yeah this bundle was an an instant purchase for me!

Bet theres tons of people out there who don't have all or even any of these games.

Would very willingly buy all of these games again just for the soundtracks. Would pay the average just for Bastion, which I recently beat. That was a wonderful game.

It's a shame I don't actually want any of those games, I know I won't like them, in fact I will probably never end up playing any of them.

Yes I know it's for charity, but I already give to charity

Bigeyez:

Kalezian:
yea, Im sure by now people already have Amnesia and Psychonauts, not to mention Limbo and Bastion.

But even I haven't heard of Super Brothers Sword and Sorcery.

....and wasn't the idea of a Indie Bundle to get several relatively unknown indie games out to players for a low price and help various charities while doing so?

Just saying, maybe they should add more games people dont already have.

or maybe people just want the soundtracks, that seems like a more plausible course of action [while gifting the games they already have to their friends too, I guess.]

The only game I own on that list is Bastion. So yeah this bundle was an an instant purchase for me!

Bet theres tons of people out there who don't have all or even any of these games.

*Raises hand*

I once played the demo for Amnesia and got bored of the mediocre puzzling, does that count?

Damnit, why am I always broke when these bundles launch? >.>

Such an awesome bundle, I thought the absolute bargainess that was HIB4 would never be topped.

I already own everything except Swords...

I am VERY disappointed to see the average purchase below $10. Really people? Bastion is AWESOME. Amnesia is AWESOME, Psychonauts is AWESOME. This isn't bottom of the barrel indie shit. This is some of the best that indie developers have to give.

>.<

If I didn't already own most of this bundle that would be 50 dollars that I'd drop.

grr I already own psychonauts and bastion... but damn if I don't wanna buy this grrr.. such sorcery at work here.. maybe I can just gift those two off to someone on steam or something.. hmm...

Nimzar:

I am VERY disappointed to see the average purchase below $10. Really people? Bastion is AWESOME. Amnesia is AWESOME, Psychonauts is AWESOME. This isn't bottom of the barrel indie shit. This is some of the best that indie developers have to give.

>.<

If I didn't already own most of this bundle that would be 50 dollars that I'd drop.

Being disappointed in others, while not giving anything yourself?

Priceless.

Dangit, I bought LIMBO literally the day before this appeared. :U
I also already own Amnesia and Sword & Sworcery, but I'm still going to get this. Bastion and Psyconaughts for that price is still a bargain!
More importantly, it's for charity!

I'll just give the extra games to my friends. c:

Holy shit...
I... I just... I'm so happy I literally cried after downloading all the games and the soundtracks. Best 30 bucks spent EVER!

Nimzar:

>.<

To be fair, this is day one of the bundle. They still have two weeks for that average to rise, which it undoubtedly will.

Aidinthel:

Irridium:
Psychonauts isn't really indie

IIRC, Double Fine now owns the rights exclusively, so I think you could make the argument if you really wanted to.

Just because they now own the rights outright does not make it indie. They created the game and under a publisher. The studio is Indie and they have the rights back to their game but that by no means makes the game an indie game.

Tim Schafer and the Bastion narrator in the same video?

It feels like there should be an award for that.

I was so looking forward to playing some of these games tonight. I made a sizable donation, then waited... No keys or download links came in the email. Tried the key resender, said my email was in the database, still no email came(even checked the spam folders). So I sent them an email with the transaction id, still waiting...

Oh well, no games until tomorrow.

*Edit* After reading their twitter, looks like they are have email problems with their web app.

I fail.... I haven't played any of these games D:

What game should I start first? ((This deal is too good to pass, I DO want to play every game))

I bought it for Superbrothers, Limbo and the music (already own Amnesia, Psychonauts and Bastion). I still paid $10 for it. Because I always do with HB.

The Mighty Stove:

What game should I start first? ((This deal is too good to pass, I DO want to play every game))

Are you currently constipated? If yes, Amnesia. If no, still Amnesia. You will never find Doom 3 scary every again.

"i already have all those games... except for that swprd game thingie..."

So pay 2 bucks for Super Brothers Sword and Sworcery than!
you can even pay 1 cent if your really cheap.
whats stopping you?

I'd be ridiculously excited about this if I didn't already own every single game in the bundle (yes, even Super Brothers).

At this point, it's not even "support these unknown developers and give money to charity" anymore. Now, it's just "here's a ton of stupidly awesome games for an obscenely low price".

leet_x1337:

Are you currently constipated? If yes, Amnesia. If no, still Amnesia. You will never find Doom 3 scary every again.

Heh, What's even worse is, I game at night mainly....

All great games...too bad i already own all of them. If you don't i highly recommend you grab these.

Might be a stupid question, but can you buy the bundle if you live in the UK? Because the prices are in US dollars and I can't see anywhere to change country or anything.

b3nn3tt:
Might be a stupid question, but can you buy the bundle if you live in the UK? Because the prices are in US dollars and I can't see anywhere to change country or anything.

I did. All the confirmation emails say $10, so I'm not sure exactly what I've paid in real money (about 8, I think) but the transaction was definitely accepted and I've got my games.

SonicWaffle:

b3nn3tt:

I did. All the confirmation emails say $10, so I'm not sure exactly what I've paid in real money (about 8, I think) but the transaction was definitely accepted and I've got my games.

Fair enough, thanks very much.

The Mighty Stove:

Everyone owes it to themselves to play Psychonauts, it's one of my favourite games of all time. And I must have replayed it half a dozen times or more yet I *still* occasionally find clever little touches and snippets of dialogue I never spotted before. Hell they even covered situations you can only get into by cheating!

Seriously, all 5 are well worth your time though, so it depends on your mood. In rough order of my personal preference:

- If you fancy a platformer with seriously inventive level design and hilarious writing, go Psychonauts
- If you could go for something mind-shatteringly terrifying, go Amnesia
- If you want a colourful, slickly executed action RPG with a really distinctive setting and clever, memorable voice-acting, go Bastion
- If a bleak and darkly funny 2D platformer/puzzler with a wonderful silhouetted art-style appeals, go Limbo
- For a relaxed adventure game with cool pixellated graphics and an evocative soundtrack, go Sword & Sworcery

Andy Chalk:
We've seen a lot of indie game bundles come and go, some good, some great and a few pretty forgettable, but I don't think any of them can compare to the Humble Indie Bundle V. Check it out: Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Psychonauts, Limbo and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, all in a pay-what-you-want package, with a bonus of Bastion for anyone who pays more than the extra.

Just to be nitpicky, shouldn't that be 'over the average'?

OT: I downloaded this last night. The last game I played on PC was, I think, Red Alert 2. I have no idea what the technical capabilities of my machine are, I'm crap with computers and I anticipate a lot of frustration trying to get these things to work, but having played a couple of demos for them on my 360 I decided it was worth it.

So expect a forum thread in the next few days where I beg assistance from anyone willing to coach a technophobe through the process of making PC games work. And I swear, the first person to mention the "glorius PC master race" is getting a shoe thrown at them...

Nimzar:

The reason I don't already own Bastion and Psychonauts (the others I'm not as interested in) is because they both cost a fair amount of cash from the XBLA, and I don't have that kind of money to throw around. When a chance comes along to pay $10 for five well-reviewed games, two of which I really want to pay, I'm going to take it even if it means leaving my platform of choice and entering the murky, error-riddled world of PC gaming.

I may have "only" paid ten dollars, but that's more than paying a single cent or just pirating the game. When I bought it last night, you had to pay a minimum of $7.15 to unlock Bastion, but instead of settling with the bare minimum I went a little over. It's what I can afford to pay, and in fact it's more than I'd have liked to pay (because who wouldn't rather get stuff for as cheap as they can? That's capitalism for you), but it's for a good cause and it is a great deal so I figured I could stretch to a few extra dollars.

Best bundle ever! To bad I already own all of thoose titles with the exception of LIMBO.

Wow, I already have 3 of the 5 but I'm still sorely tempted. The soundtrack for Bastion alone is phenomenal and worth the money, and the other soundtracks + the other games would be great too. And not to mention the trailer was great - Logan Cunningham and Tim Schafer together make a great pair.

Between my Steam account and my fiance's we have all these games except for sword and sorcery. Still, it's for a good cause so I'll see about picking this up on my next payday.

Look at the highest donations, HumbleBrony Bundle did $3000, Then Notch did $3000.01. Oh Notch, you so trollin'.

Damn, I own all those games except Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP but I'm tempted to buy them all again because this bundle is really awesome.

Does anyone know if you still get the Bastion Soundtrack if you're too cheap pay enough to actually buy Bastion again?

The only game I don't have is Psychonauts...so this bundle is not for me.

I already own all those games. If I didnt Id buy that in an instant!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here