Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, Ending DLC Details Leak

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, Ending DLC Details Leak

The person who leaked "Rebellion" details strikes again.

About a month ago, a Redditor by the name of "derptemp6698" leaked details about the upcoming "Rebellion" DLC for Mass Effect 3. With that legitimacy under his belt, he has since responded with a twofer, teasing details about the "Earth" multiplayer DLC as well as the free "Extended Cut" that BioWare hopes will soothe angry feelings over the ME3 ending.

About "Earth," he writes that the battle against the Reapers will be coming to three cities right here on Terra Firma:

The fighting is fiercest when it's your home at stake! Mass Effect 3™: Earth adds mods, gear, and new maps for Rio, Vancouver, and London. It features 3 new weapons: Piranha assault shotgun, Acolyte pistol, and Typhoon light machine gun. Six new human N7 classes are also available: Destroyer, Paladin, Demolisher, Slayer, Shadow, and Fury!

While I'm sure Mass Effect players are more concerned with details of the ending DLC, it's a bit more scant:

An expanded ending for Mass Effect 3. Additional scenes and an extended epilogue reveal the impact of Shepard's choices on the future of the galaxy.

There's really no new information there, but the informant says that it's "it's at least done." So hopefully, this is something that ME3 fans can look forward to sooner rather than later.

Source: Reddit

By the sounds of it, they'll only be unfucking the ending halfway. It fits with everything else that has been said thus far.

*sigh*

Well... better than nothing. Half fucked is better than entirely fucked I suppose.

eh, at this point I really don't care.

Bioware you burned your boat..... in fact you blew them up in a nuclear explosion, and the bridge you were building got destroyed by a immense attack from all the people you pissed off.

Nothing less than a total rewrite of the ending will save it Bioware, hopefully you see that?

That said, new stuff for MP is always welcome.

This sound like absolute bollocks. Six more humans? No thanks.

Hmm, I think I actually saw the Typhoon light machine gun. In the mission were Cerebus tries to take over the Citadel, you can see it at one point in a locked room and you can get close enough that it's name and interact button comes up, but you can't pick it up, I thought there was some kind of secret to opening it, but I guess you have to wait until the DLC comes out.

Well by the looks of it, Indoctrination is out the window. Funny, because it would have been an easy out for Bioware. Either they really intended on that shit ending, or they're massively incompetent.

Whats a Paladin?

I still don't know why they won't add the new weapons, skills and maps as N7 missions to SP.

Haven't touched the game since the first MP DLC, but those new weapons were fun and I would love to use them on Shepard.

P.s.: I know you can edit the weapons into SP, but it isn't my point.

FogHornG36:
Whats a Paladin?

Your knowledge of the land shall be great!

Wasn't it supposed to be THIS month?

Waaghpowa:
Well by the looks of it, Indoctrination is out the window. Funny, because it would have been an easy out for Bioware. Either they really intended on that shit ending, or they're massively incompetent.

Ah yes, "rewrites"...

I'll always have my erotic fanfiction. I might even put it online someday

FogHornG36:
Whats a Paladin?

LOL EA strikes again!

FogHornG36:
Whats a Paladin?

Spoony?

OT: Ending will still be ass, multiplayer gambling model is BS, etc etc

FogHornG36:
Whats a Paladin?

A joke that references another game, which happens to be the last title in ANOTHER game series that EA buttfucked.

Oh cool, more multiplayer stuff.
Huh? Ending too? That's cool, I guess. Kind of forgot about that around about when there was only one or two threads on the first page of the forums about it.

Fr]anc[is:

FogHornG36:
Whats a Paladin?

Spoony?

OT: Ending will still be ass, multiplayer gambling model is BS, etc etc

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

I haven't touched ME3 in a long while. The new ending will have to pull some miraculous bullshit out of its ass to ever make me care about the franchise ever again. I just restarted my Skyrim binge thanks to Dawnguard hype anyway.

Wow, never seen so many people complain over free stuff before.

Ugh...leaks. The thing partially responsible for the ending we got in the first place.

So much complaining about the ending. I havn't played it yet so I don't see why people are angry, but the actual reasonable complaints I've heard seem like they may be fixed.
Hopefully this comes out soon so I can finally play ME3. I didn't want to get it until the Extended Cut came out as I have no way to get the DLC online and as such I would be stuck with the 'bad' ending everyone seems to be in an uproar over (which I doubt is really that bad, but I'd rather not take my chances)

GothmogII:
Hmm, I think I actually saw the Typhoon light machine gun. In the mission were Cerebus tries to take over the Citadel, you can see it at one point in a locked room and you can get close enough that it's name and interact button comes up, but you can't pick it up, I thought there was some kind of secret to opening it, but I guess you have to wait until the DLC comes out.

That was the Talon gun, you could unlock it by opening the door via a console in the room next to it.

well hope this new ending is good because one of these days I need to buy Mass effect 3 and import my saves to see how it all ends.

blalien:

And here we have the primary counterargument distilled into one nice little sentence. It's free, therefore it's has to be good and we shouldn't criticize or say anything mean. Never mind that it completely misses the point about the ending, it's free. Never mind that multiplayer is specifically designed to push people towards buying booster packs with real money, and every time new stuff comes out it makes it harder and harder to get specific things due to the convoluted unlock system, it's free. I kneel before you in supplication Bioware, ever grateful for whatever shit leaks out of your anus onto my face. After all, it's free.

Damn it, why do all the N7 operatives get all the cool stuff and I don't?

I'm honestly not expecting much from this ending. I feel as though they'll try to please everyone by resolving a shit load of side plots or giving ever person ever a satisfying conclusion in way too short a time, and it will feel rush. That's just a guess anyway.

I probably wouldn't be happy with the ending unless they completely rewrote it anyway, which they insist they didn't do, so I wasn't expecting much to begin with.

FogHornG36:
Whats a Paladin?

I'm... not entirely sure!

GameChanger:

GothmogII:

That was the Talon gun, you could unlock it by opening the door via a console in the room next to it.

Ah okay. My mistake. x)

Like hell I'm playing through again just to get it haha.

Well, if the Extended Cut is done, then it's done. It'll either repair at least some of the damage or make things worse - I don't think I'd be exaggerating to say that this is very nearly the last bit of goodwill BioWare has left. If they squander it, more's the pity.

Chairman Miaow:
This sound like absolute bollocks. Six more humans? No thanks.

My thoughts exactly. We already have plenty of humans! What we need is more aliens. They're more interesting anyway. As for the new DLC weapons... Give them to us in single player too.

Honestly, I just want new single player stuff, besides the Extended Cut, so that way I can play through the campaign again with more interest. I can always ignore the ending. Its fortunately (and unfortunately) easy to ignore for me. Just... The new guns, maybe a new squadmate or two, more missions, more armor. And, preferably, extended romance scenes. Which include an actual rendered face for Tali, and more than just casual-hour Garrus after the shitty survivors remorse nightmare.

I'm serious, I hate that dumbass kid, and afterwards my Femshep is treated to Garrus, fully-clothed and looking like he ought to have a fez on and a Varren at his feet? Thats ridiculous.

(On a side note, someone needs to get on that, make a picture of Garrus in a smoking jacket, fez, and Urz right in front of him. Thats just begging to be done.)

I liked the ending it was just abrupt and I'm glad people lobbied for more. More story ME makes me happy. Not much into the MP. I hear they are making Mass Effect 4 for the next generation consoles. No Commander Shepard but I hope the story kicks ass again.

The Last Nomad:

Fr]anc[is:

blalien:

And here we have the primary counterargument distilled into one nice little sentence. It's free, therefore it's has to be good and we shouldn't criticize or say anything mean. Never mind that it completely misses the point about the ending, it's free. Never mind that multiplayer is specifically designed to push people towards buying booster packs with real money, and every time new stuff comes out it makes it harder and harder to get specific things due to the convoluted unlock system, it's free. I kneel before you in supplication Bioware, ever grateful for whatever shit leaks out of your anus onto my face. After all, it's free.

Its takes a certain level of asshole to complain about free things but it takes a whole other level to attempt to put down somebody who merely points out the fact that a lot of people are complaining, especially when they don't say whether or not they agree with the complainers.

Well said, Last Nomad. I don't think free stuff is automatically immune to criticism, but I think people should actually experience the content before they criticize it. And even if this content turns out to be absolutely horrid, it does not affect you in any way if you choose not to use it. If the content turns out to suck, then by all means go nuts. But just reflect on how great your life must be going if this is the one issue that drives you to unbridled rage.

Yeah, they've said already they had planned to make the ending cutscene act different depending on whether Shepherd chose this or that. So that part is no surprise, we know what's it's store, let's see what they do with the ending itself.

Innegativeion:
I'm honestly not expecting much from this ending. I feel as though they'll try to please everyone by resolving a shit load of side plots or giving ever person ever a satisfying conclusion in way too short a time, and it will feel rush. That's just a guess anyway.

I probably wouldn't be happy with the ending unless they completely rewrote it anyway, which they insist they didn't do, so I wasn't expecting much to begin with.

FogHornG36:
Whats a Paladin?

A Giant, Evil Column.

Fr]anc[is:

blalien:

Wow. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was actually HK-47 writing this. Lay off the meatbag-hate, wouldja? He makes a very valid point.

You are being a tad melodramatic here, no? Being free doesn't mean you can't complain, it means people can only complain so much before they should just cut their losses and move on. The people who disliked the ending have made very valid points for their dislike. And the stance has always been "We are complaining because we CARE about Mass Effect."

Well, any Mass Effect fan who cares about the franchise is going to let Bioware fire their shot and deliver the DLC BEFORE judging it as crap. Being free shouldn't be the thing stopping people from complaining about the ending dlc... not having experienced it yet most definitely should.

In what way, at the current juncture, can you make ANY statement in regards to whether this DLC misses the point or not? Does letting them leak anus juice on your face give you psychic insight into the quality of their goods? ;D

Inquiring meatbags want to know.

Uratoh:

A Giant, Evil Column.

What evil threatens this la~?"GIANT EEEEEVILLE COLUMNS!!!"

blalien:

Well said, Last Nomad. I don't think free stuff is automatically immune to criticism, but I think people should actually experience the content before they criticize it. And even if this content turns out to be absolutely horrid, it does not affect you in any way if you choose not to use it. If the content turns out to suck, then by all means go nuts. But just reflect on how great your life must be going if this is the one issue that drives you to unbridled rage.

Yeah, Lucky for some I guess.

I think The.Bard put it better than I did though.

The.Bard:

Fr]anc[is:

blalien:

Wow. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was actually HK-47 writing this. Lay off the meatbag-hate, wouldja? He makes a very valid point.

You are being a tad melodramatic here, no? Being free doesn't mean you can't complain, it means people can only complain so much before they should just cut their losses and move on. The people who disliked the ending have made very valid points for their dislike. And the stance has always been "We are complaining because we CARE about Mass Effect."

Well, any Mass Effect fan who cares about the franchise is going to let Bioware fire their shot and deliver the DLC BEFORE judging it as crap. Being free shouldn't be the thing stopping people from complaining about the ending dlc... not having experienced it yet most definitely should.

In what way, at the current juncture, can you make ANY statement in regards to whether this DLC misses the point or not? Does letting them leak anus juice on your face give you psychic insight into the quality of their goods? ;D

Inquiring meatbags want to know.

Uratoh:

Innegativeion:

FogHornG36:
Whats a Paladin?

A Giant, Evil Column.

YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE LAND SHALL BE GREAT!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here