Report Labels Habbo a "Pedophile Haven"

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Malty Milk Whistle:

Treblaine:
Ker-SNIP

Ok, I'm not the only one to say this, but actually WATCH the report (It was a good 10 minutes or so long, and had sources for its information, and also, channel 4 is a fairly reputable news reporter.

So yeah.

Video has almost the exact same content as the written article though I did address the few other things that came up in the video.

See post nuber 62 of this thread of just clock here:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/7.378430.14802217

Treblaine:

Malty Milk Whistle:

Treblaine:
Ker-SNIP

Ok, I'm not the only one to say this, but actually WATCH the report (It was a good 10 minutes or so long, and had sources for its information, and also, channel 4 is a fairly reputable news reporter.

So yeah.

Video has almost the exact same content as the written article though I did address the few other things that came up in the video.

Oh, I wasn't taking issue with that, it's just that i get fairly irked (Good word, that) when people slag off C4, i do generally believe that they put forward some excellent programs and news...well, better than ITV (Though what isn't?)

And to be fair, anyone going on a site primarily aimed at young children and asking for "bewbs" is going to be a little...Abnormal.

Also I agree with your statement about that it might even be other kids doing it, But still.

Kroxile:

=y:

Kroxile:
Haha, Pool's Closed!

If they lose their investors, it will be more than just AIDS they have to worry about now.

Was starting to worry that no one would get that, lol.

Desu Desu and other such phrases like that.

Good times.

Malty Milk Whistle:

Treblaine:

Malty Milk Whistle:

So yeah.

Oh, I wasn't taking issue with that, it's just that i get fairly irked (Good word, that) when people slag off C4, i do generally believe that they put forward some excellent programs and news...well, better than ITV (Though what isn't?)

And to be fair, anyone going on a site primarily aimed at young children and asking for "bewbs" is going to be a little...Abnormal.

Also I agree with your statement about that it might even be other kids doing it, But still.

I am not slagging off Channel 4, I am slagging off this particular report and how reports like this are not even unique in the media. Everywhere I said the report, and the specific people involved in the report.

I hold the BBC in high regard but when they screw up I don't hold them infallible. You should not be irked, you should be glad they are hold to a high standard. If this was fox news it might just be "ah, fox news, who takes them seriously? They are a lost cause"

"site primarily aimed at young children and asking for "bewbs" "

What do you mean by "young children"? Under 13 year olds are explicitly forbidden from even having an account with Habbo and this would be detected as soon as they tried to use any credit card, this is EXPLICITLY a site for teenagers and older children. Are you saying that there is something unnatural about teenage boys being interested in the opposite sex such as "bewbs"? Legally they may be children but they are still teenagers, the government permits that birth control be made available to teenagers as young as 14 year olds without their parent's consent:

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/birthcontrolandcontraception/207844.html

So it's kind of a double standard enabling then to have sex but can't talk about it to each other.

My main criticism is the utter ignorance of the safety measures the report considers it unacceptable for Habbo should have. That on a website where children access there must be 100% live and vetted moderation of every single line of communication, which is impossible, not any school, not a single government service can provide that level of surveillance and policing to such a large number of communication tracts.
After the reporter established that just as they can pretend to be a child, a child could pretend to be an adult, so every site that didn't want to have a level of moderator surveillance that would make the Stasi look like the Keystone Kops, would have to implement hard age gates before any positing, that means registering an active and reputable credit card that includes a birth date.

You don't realise. This report is expecting the internet as we know it to be chucked in the bin... for the children.

Why? Because parents are't protecting their children in the most fundamental way. Parents who have their children walk to school educate them to not cooperate with those who want to see them naked and to report them, the same applies with Habbo. The EXACT SAME thing that has happened on Habbo can and does happen when children walk to school as the government forces them to by mandating school attendance yet not providing any school buses, this affect the poorest children the most.

The exact same thing could happen to this site.

CosmicCommander:
This so reminds me of this old Brass Eye episode...

Best thing I've seen today. Since Feed Dump, anyway.

Me and my friend go on Habbo and chat guys up, then turn into a viking, shout "It's a trap!" and run away just to freak people out. It's hilarious. Some of the people really deserve it too. This guy was really going for it, and his reaction afterwards was so funny, we literally ROFLed. Best thing is, we've never been banned, but we've reported over 60 creeps in a year. Vigilante justice at it's funniest, I say (It's like to catch a predator on a minor scale, but with a transexual viking.).

There needs to be an update of Habbo.Com, and a prolong investigation because there is enough visual evidence to record ,and snap shot from incidents of cyber bullying, sexual chat , and moderators who reply with no evidence of chat ignoring the real visual evidence. This hotel holds all users hostage from deleting their account if uncomfortable because they don't want to lose your money , their ratings ,and their money! This hotel doesn't believe in visual evidence which is does have!
Also you should read the user voice forms the sexual allegations ,and harassment ,and the asking sulake/habbo to approve that there is nothing wrong with sex in a teen/gaming website.
Please please do an update it is needed. Get the visual evidence ,and it will be easier to slay Habbo.com they're nothing but a gaming website profiting off of sex offenders ,and sexual harassment.
They tell you not to go off from habbo and they have pedophiles , and sex offenders to get you to join fan sites!
Habbo.com is one big sexual soliciting website with obscene chat logs that would blow the minds of all parents in this world!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here