Ubisoft Delays Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on PC

Ubisoft Delays Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on PC

PC gamers are going to have to wait a little while longer to get their hands on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

For some reason, this strikes me as perfectly appropriate and oddly uplifting. After a wild ride that saw it canceled completely, replaced with a free-to-play online game and then revived, albeit without a release date until just a couple of months ago, the launch of the PC version of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier was just a couple of days away. And now, with an almost giddy inevitability, it's been delayed.

The good news for Ghost Recon fans is that the delay is a relatively short one: just a couple of weeks, in fact. "The US launch date is scheduled for June 26th in North America and the 28th in Europe," a Ubisoft rep confirmed.

As for why it's delayed, nobody knows - or at least, nobody who does know is willing to say. It's a bit late in the process to be worrying about problems in development, although a couple of weeks might be adequate if it just needs a little more polish, but I think the smart money is on piracy, specifically with regard to Ubisoft's occasionally heavy-handed approach to fighting it. Since the PC is seen as the platform most vulnerable to piracy, PC editions are sometimes held back a few weeks to help ensure that the more lucrative console versions aren't cut off at the knees. I don't know if it's a particularly effective strategy, but I suspect that doesn't necessarily matter, either.

My, what a shocking development xD

Ubisoft probably really wanted ham-fisted DRM for the PC, but the budget went over to hiring Ice-T's wife for shameless ads instead.

Raise your third foot if you didn't see this coming.

and i was hoping to play as the x teammember, motorboating the terrorists into unconsciousness..

-------------
joke aside, the customisation is insane

but they had to kill it for pc.

They figured there wasn't enough DRM so they needed to delay it for a while to make sure your experience is as shit as possible while useing the PC.

I guess the PC players will just be More Future than the rest of us.

Of course PC gamers have to wait longer. Ubisoft has to spend some quality time building broken DRM before they can have it.

Dam, I was sorta keen for this.

Oh no! I have to wait for the disappointment of seeing the great Ghost Recon turned into another bombastic COD clone .

"The good news for Ghost Recon fans:" is that this isn't a very good Ghost Recon game.

Though Splinter Cell: Conviction fans will be very sad.

Despite the delay, it will probably still run like crap.

do consoles have DRM?

They are busy developing a wristband that continously takes a sample of your DNA to check that it's actually you still playing the game.

DVS BSTrD:
I guess the PC players will just be More Future than the rest of us.

I think the developers got a little spooked by the pirates

" think the smart money is on piracy,"

Well, I did find this article because Future Soldier wasn't on ISOhunt yet.

I would get a refund for this if there was something else coming out soon but there isn't so i guess i will just have to wait like im waiting for the walking dead ep 2.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here