Resident Evil: Retribution Trailer Resurrects Dead Cast

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Resident Evil: Retribution Trailer Resurrects Dead Cast

Not just zombies come back to life in latest Resident Evil flick.

Resident Evil movies are a bit like death and taxes - inevitable - but this time out, Death gives up several of its victims. Carlos (played by Oded Fehr), who snuffed it heroically a couple movies back, has returned as Alice's hubby. Alice, meanwhile, is a hausfrau, busy in the kitchen, taking care of husband and daughter with no idea that zombies even exist. At least, no idea until they start chomping on Carlos. Again. Maybe he should think about changing his deodorant? That BBQ-fresh scent really doesn't seem to be doing it for him. He isn't the only one to make a comeback from beyond the veil, but he's the only one Alice slaps on the butt, the lucky stiff.

The trailer starts in a Prisoner-esque kind of way. Alice wakes up in a perfect little dream world, with the kid and the husband and the yadda yadda - what, no dog? Someone slipped up there - before undead naughtiness ensues. She really ought to have put some sunflowers out in the front garden; everyone knows you need at least one row of those, and preferably two, to keep your brains safe. Speaking of brains, there's meant to be a mind-blowing revelation in there somewhere, which will change the way - and so on, and forth. The countdown has begun!

Movie hype aside, this one looks like trashy fun, and will probably sell a lot of popcorn. Plus, Alice gets to travel across the globe in search of Umbrella's big bads, so there's a little Bond in there too, along with the Prisoner. Bringing back old favorites is sure to please fans who thought that the tough merc from the first movie was fun to watch, or who just like the look of Carlos. Plus, there's Jovovich beating on the undead and Umbrella with equal glee, which is half the corny fun of the franchise. This is probably the one to watch, if you've ever thought 'why did they kill that character off?' The answer is, they didn't.

Source: Kotaku

"Milla Jovovich - in 3D"

Didn't they use exactly the same tagline in the trailers for the latest Underworld?

Anyway, good grief how many of these things have there been now?

Carlos is back? I'm game :3

Its interesting to see more actual resident evil chars, as I did see Jill there (although it was resi 5 jilL), as well as I think ada wong. How long until we see leon kennedy?

Anyways, it looks like it will be alright, maybe about as meh as the last one, but I'll see it eventually.

Resident Evil? More like Imminent Dreeevil!
WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?!

8bitmaster:
How long until we see leon kennedy?

At 1:50 if I'm not mistaken.

That. Looks. AWESOME!

Been a fan of the movies and games and Milla Jovovich for a while now and this seems to tick all the boxes. Can't wait.

DVS BSTrD:
WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?!

Zombies man, they just won't fucking die till you shoot them in the head.

an acceptable alternative could have been : You cannot kill that which is already dead.

DVS BSTrD:
WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?!

I warned you about shitty game-licensed movies bro!!!! I told you dog!

Senor Smoke21:

8bitmaster:

That's Leon Kennedy!!?[facepalm]

OT: Oh god, why can't these movies just die and stay dead? Seriously, in the movies now, the world is just a shrivelled up, post-apocalyptic husk, why does Umbrella still want to control it? There's nothing left to control, for f--k's sake!

And, personally, I wouldn't trust Paul WS Anderson to write a shopping list and direct traffic, let alone a movie...

Sometimes, i just want to watch schlock while mindlessly munching some brains.....Shit....i mean popcorn......yeah.....popcorn....

Kmadden2004:

Senor Smoke21:

8bitmaster:

That's Leon Kennedy!!?[facepalm]

OT: Oh god, why can't these movies just die and stay dead? Seriously, in the movies now, the world is just a shrivelled up, post-apocalyptic husk, why does Umbrella still want to control it? There's nothing left to control, for f--k's sake!

And, personally, I wouldn't trust Paul WS Anderson to write a shopping list and direct traffic, let alone a movie...

I assume so from his clothes and... dat hair!
It looks like the overly camp iteration of Leon that these films would call for in my opinion. I could be mistaken, but they've managed to shoehorn every other character in there.

Yet another bastardization of the franchise. I was alright with the first, maybe the second, but after that it's just been out of hand.

I mean, the video game series as a whole has always been a little ridiculous, but this entire story of Alice has just played out like a terrible Mary Sue fanfiction where the characters we already know (and love?) just sit on the backburner.

i loled at 'final battle begins'.

its 'look what a sexy, flexible milf i have married in thight spandex' 5.
and ada wong will not kill a single special infected i bet.

and 6 will be on mars/moon since it is the 3rd time they destroyed the world as we know it.

The story is f***ed by this point. It never had much resemblance with the games, and now it's even refusing to resemble it's own continuity.

But let's face it. You don't watch resi movies for the story.

They've always been a guilty pleasure of mine. It's silly, over the top, action, and half the fun is watching it try to take itself seriously. With this being an absurd "retcon EVERYTHING so we can have a best of resi flicks" kind of approach, it looks to be even more joyously silly than ever.

OK, so I've watched every Resident Evil movie out so far, multiple times may I add, and I had no idea what the fuck was going on in that trailer.

Also, if that guy at 1:50 was supposed to be Leon, then I have to congratulate them on managing to get someone who looks like an even bigger douche than the video game character.

Doclector:
The story is f***ed by this point. It never had much resemblance with the games, and now it's even refusing to resemble it's own continuity.

They've always been a guilty pleasure of mine. It's silly, over the top, action, and half the fun is watching it try to take itself seriously. With this being an absurd "retcon EVERYTHING so we can have a best of resi flicks" kind of approach, it looks to be even more joyously silly than ever.

Here is what happened:

Everything in the First Movie and Second Movie were true. The rest were all lies.

At least that is what I think is happening.

The story is all kinds of fucked up.

Senor Smoke21:
I could be mistaken, but they've managed to shoehorn every other character in there.

Yeah, pretty much this, except the ONE character that they didn't bring back is the one played by iain glen. I mean,

What. Da. Fuq?

They brought back all the shit and uninteresting characters, but they don't revive the best villian of the entire series(not that that's saying much)

Seriously, why no man with the golden voice???

Yeah, to me the story doesnt really make any sense anymore, but this is pure, mindless action zombiekilling fun. And odds are, I will enjoy it.

I look forward to this film purely because it means we're one step closer to the end of that abomination of a franchise.

From the looks of it, it's still as shit as ever, and Alice continues to be one of the worst characters in movie history. I'll give them points for consistency.

These movies are such shit. I watch them just to see how badly they can butcher what is left of RE.

I feel the second movie was a surprising high point, after that though... This one looks better than Afterlife. Not that that's a compliment, it takes very little to be better than Afterlife. Although this one has Leon for them to completely fuck up, so there's that.

vrbtny:

Senor Smoke21:
I could be mistaken, but they've managed to shoehorn every other character in there.

Yeah, pretty much this, except the ONE character that they didn't bring back is the one played by iain glen. I mean,

What. Da. Fuq?

They brought back all the shit and uninteresting characters, but they don't revive the best villian of the entire series(not that that's saying much)

Oh shit yeah he's in the third one!
Yeah, keep to GoT Iain, much better use of your time. Fucking love me some Mormont!

Can't stand these movies at all. After all, it feels like the movies were made by a guy who was told what Resident Evil was. Really wanted to make it, so he grabbed his laptop and started writing down what the guy told him. Nothing about these movies that scream Resident Evil at all. I don't care if if has zombies in it, or the characters names are in there. Very much feels like a kid made it. It looks like a piece of fan fiction that went off the rails. Not a fan of all the retarded martial arts that he threw in there, nor do I like how the characters act. Even though I can understand wanting to put your own spin on it, this is just beyond a pile of garbage

vrbtny:

Senor Smoke21:

What. Da. Fuq?

They really need that little mini napoleon character in this movie!

Doclector:

I personally love the movies, they are just so campy and over the top that it is awesome.

Not to mention that resident evils entire thing has sort of been "lol whatever" to begin with.

Hurray! They're using costumes from the game! And they still look just as bat shit retarded!

Oh great another movie made by a director with check-out-my-wife-syndrome. Paul W.S Anderson, Tim Burton and Judd Apatow (Although, he's more "Hey check out my family) has always sacrificed a bit too much of their movies so we can see that they have nice looking wives. I always found it sad.

Anyhow, I still don't care about this series.

Wow... looks like shit. The first one just made me want to play one of the games instead and that was the best one. This looks like it has nothing to do with the games besides a few of the characters have similar names.

I watched "Resident:Evil: Afterlife" and for the entire duration of the film, me and my friend pretended that Albert Wesker was the good guy. Towards the end we had to keep making increasingly ridiculous reasons to justify his actions.
It was AMAZING! You should try it.

vrbtny:
[quote="Senor Smoke21" post="7.378797.14823785"Yeah, pretty much this, except the ONE character that they didn't bring back is the one played by iain glen.

Ha! As soon as you mentioned him I thought "Isn't his time much better spent protecting his Khaleesi and all?"

Give me Ser Jorah Mormont over any movie resident evil villain any day of the week.

I...am probably the only one who likes the movies AND the videogames.

NO! WAIT, WAIT! Don't stone me yet! I'll admit the movies were pretty nonsensical and Alice has nothing to do in the RE universe and that by now, it shouldn't even be called a RE movie if it wasn't for the character cameos and terms. Yes, I know all that. But like it's been said, I find them fun in a silly way. Some people like to watch Madagascar, even though you can kinda figure out what's gonna happen next. Some people like James Bond, even though you know he's gonna nail one chick and there's gonna be action scenes. Some people like Twilight because...of reasons. I enjoy watching RE as some sort of dumb fun. I'm not saying one is better than the other. I'm just saying...to each its own.
I know the plot doesn't make sense. I know Alice is just a walking alibi ("You can't kill me...because I have mind powers/I'm a clone/alternate reality/whatever!"). But I've seen worse. Much, much worse. And all in all, they must be doing at least fairly decent since there's already like 5 movies out already? That's 4 more than The Last Airbender, which wasn't THAT bad either but couldn't even manage to get a sequel (Disclaimer: I love Avatar).

One thing I hate, though, is when a trailer goes all "AND IT'S 3D! WHOOOOOO! CHIZ JUST GOT REAL!11!!1!". You always get a scene where some character throws something at someone else, they miss and said object keeps going until it "crashes" with the screen. We get it, it's 3D movie. It means it has those pwetty pop-up graphics.
I wouldn't mind 3D movies if they would stop planning movies around that feature. But I guess that's the way it works. I mean, developers certainly work that way when developing videogames...

Senor Smoke21:

vrbtny:

Senor Smoke21:

What. Da. Fuq?

Oh shit yeah he's in the third one!
Yeah, keep to GoT Iain, much better use of your time. Fucking love me some Mormont!

Exactly. Moar Mormont, or as I like to call him.

omnomnomnomnom

dint enjoy any of them. watched part 1 in the cinema and almost fell asleep. part 2, dont get me started. part 3 was more action then horror. watched part 4 in the cinema because i was curios about the 3D effects but the movie still sucked.
now this movie, doesnt look any better. i enjoy the underworld movies far more then these.

These movies have significantly declined over the years. The worst bit was that they got ridiculously removed from the games. And it sucks because it's like saying that last at least 2 movies were a dream....

But, thank fucking god. They were so awful. This is the first time I have been happy they copped out on previous installments like they have in this case. I loved the games, pretty much all of them. I loved the first movie, and the second was ok because it was just kind of following the game progression. The last two were just terrible, though none of them are award winning material in my book.

SirDerick:
I watched "Resident:Evil: Afterlife" and for the entire duration of the film, me and my friend pretended that Albert Wesker was the good guy. Towards the end we had to keep making increasingly ridiculous reasons to justify his actions.
It was AMAZING! You should try it.

That sounds ridiculously fun. It's on for the next bad movie I watch.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here