Rumor: Willem Dafoe Joins Beyond

Rumor: Willem Dafoe Joins Beyond

It looks like a Green Goblin-Shadowcat all-star team-up for David Cage's upcoming Beyond.

Willem Dafoe is a pretty cool dude. Versatile, too. He's played a dopehead sergeant in the 'Nam, he's played Jesus, he played Max Schreck, he did that thing with Madonna and the candle, he even grew a pair of extra arms to give added believability to his portrayal of Tars Tarkas. And now, according to the rumor going 'round, he's about to try his luck with videogames.

Dafoe will reportedly be joining Ellen Page, she of X-Men and Juno fame, in Beyond, the new game from Heavy Rain creator David Cage. There's been no official confirmation at this point, so we don't really have much more to add except to point out that the guy who let the rumor slip said he would never do so if his source didn't have "a degree of credibility." So, hey, that's good enough for me.

Assuming he does turn up in Beyond, it won't actually be Dafoe's first foray into the world of games ever, as his voice has previously been used in 007: Everything or Nothing and the 2002 Spider-Man game. Beyond will take it, well, beyond just voice work, of course, as he'll actually "appear" in the game, much like he would in a conventional movie. Could he possibly be the next Boz? It's exciting stuff - stay tuned!

Source: BroGamer

As long as he's not her baby daddy, I like this.

Now imagine Willem Defoe's face being rendered with Quantic Dream's special brand of Lovecraft inspired uncanny-valley engine. Yeah, good luck sleeping tonight.

There is no word that encapsulates quite how I feel about this better than 'WANT!'

I wonder if he is going to be Dafoe of the main character.

matrix3509:
Now imagine Willem Defoe's face being rendered with Quantic Dream's special brand of Lovecraft inspired uncanny-valley engine. Yeah, good luck sleeping tonight.

Been reading Destructoid?

Yeah...

-Drifter-:

matrix3509:

Been reading Destructoid?

Yeah...

Jim Sterling is gonna have a lot of fun with this. If anyone else has been listening to Podtoid, you know what I mean.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here