Update: Valve Teaming up with Adult Swim for... Something

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Update: Valve Teaming up with Adult Swim for... Something

Valve is teaming up with the network behind Robot Chicken and Venture Bros. for an unrevealed Team Fortress 2 project.

Even if you're not a fan of Valve's free-to-play Team Fortress 2, you may have enjoyed the various "Meet The Classes" videos that its been producing since the game's release. They've been so popular in fact, that Valve even considered doing a Team Fortress animated movie three years ago, but since then hasn't made a peep. Now there's a new twist: an Adult Swim teaser site is announcing some kind of partnership between Valve and the animation company, and the Team Fortress crew populates the background image.

Adult Swim, for those of you who don't already know, is Warner Bros.' adult-animation cable television network. The network shares channel space with Cartoon Network, and has aired such hits as Robot Chicken and Venture Bros, shows aimed squarely at the 18-30 geek demographic.

While we won't have an answer until next week about what exactly is coming down the pipe, this website is Valve's usual "drumming-up-all-the-excitement-with-no-explanation" marketing style that got people so excited for Portal 2. It could be something simple, like a "Meet The Classes" DVD; it also could be something completely new, like an animated series or the full movie that Robin Walker previously suggested.

Regardless, the companies are promising an answer sometime next week. Let the rampant speculation begin!

Source: Adult Swim

Update: With today's release of Meet the Pyro, Adult Swim finally revealed that their partnership with Valve has produced.... a hat. That's it folks. A Robot Chicken hat.

Anyone who signs up for the Adult Swim newsletter by July 4th will get a code to unlock their hat, along with the promise that more Valve content is on the way.

So it'll be unfunny, obnoxious, exclusively for stoners, and last 3 weeks before everyone forgets about it?

Funny I don't remember using my last genie wish.

The anticipation is already through the roof for me.

Four or five years ago I would've cheered.

Now, it'll likely be something terrible. And not even funny terrible, or tragic terrible, or laugh at the tragedy terrible. Just plain lazy and unfunny.

My guess is those cockwads Tim and Eric both jump out of one pyro suit and do some retarded song and dance. That'll be Meet the Pyro.

Fr]anc[is:
So it'll be unfunny, obnoxious, exclusively for stoners, and last 3 weeks before everyone forgets about it?

I see someone is not an Adult Swim fan...

OT: This should be interesting.

Valve and Adult Swim? I wonder what the hell this will end up with.

Anyway, I like the sound of it regardless. So I might as well happy-dance.

Zaik:

Now, it'll likely be something terrible. And not even funny terrible, or tragic terrible, or laugh at the tragedy terrible. Just plain lazy and unfunny.

My guess is those cockwads Tim and Eric both jump out of one pyro suit and do some retarded song and dance. That'll be Meet the Pyro.

It's a 50/50 chance. Half of Adult Swim is great (Robot Chicken, Venture Bros. Metalocalypse, About half of Aqua Teen Hunger Force) the other half is awful (Tim and Eric... blacksploitation comedy, etc)

Could be great... could be crap...

Avoid 12 ounce mouse territory and make it a funny TV series. Each episode is about different tactics failing for the blus

Fanghawk:
Valve Teaming up with Adult Swim for Something

Extended Hilarity with any luck.

Brock Samson class for TF 2 maybe.

Hopefully Valve will keep it's staff working on it and Adult Swim will just be there to host it.

Dear lord, be a TF2 Animated series! Please dear lord be a TF2 Animated Series!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Fr]anc[is:

Someone needs to Alex DeLarge this guy down in front of every episode of Venture Bros.

That said, there is also admittedly a lot of lazy crap on the network.

A TF2 series seems too good to be true. I can't imagine a network that usually only springs for After Effects budgets agreeing to finance such a thing.

Scout and Sniper, Awesome show.

Zaik:

This made me laugh out loud. I'm in 100% agreement with you, but in my head the deadpan way I imagined you saying the last line was awesome.

Just give me 30 minutes of the Spy being French, the Scout being a Virgin, the Medic being a maniac and the Heavy being Sandwich crazy.

Shut up and take my money!!!

It's not a new show. So what in the name of Poopy Joe is going on?

MeetthePyroMeetthePyroMeetthePyroMeetthePyroMeetthePyroMeetthePyroMeetthePyroMeetthePyroMeetthePyro

Zaik:

as an avid Pyro'eer, I have to ask:

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, RIGHT NOW.

DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS THAT WOULD RUIN THE PYRO CLASS.

....NO, I SEE YOU ABOUT TO CLICK AWAY, DONT YOU DO IT!

DENOUNCE YOUR ANTI-PYRO BLASPHEMY RIGHT NOW!

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Fr]anc[is:

Remember 12 Oz. Mouse?

Or The Brak Show?

What about Perfect Hair Forever?

Space Ghost Coast to Coast?

Lucy, the daughter of the Devil?

anything?

no?

Okay then.......

OT: It had either be a quality series in line with how the "Meet The..." videos were made/animated, or it had better be a movie with the same quality as the "Meet The..." videos.

Anything less will be as unforgivable*addendum:

as dropping The Brak Show.

TF2 shorts, or even a full show. Sign me up for some of that.

Kalezian:

Zaik:

as an avid Pyro'eer, I have to ask:

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, RIGHT NOW.

DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS THAT WOULD RUIN THE PYRO CLASS.

....NO, I SEE YOU ABOUT TO CLICK AWAY, DONT YOU DO IT!

DENOUNCE YOUR ANTI-PYRO BLASPHEMY RIGHT NOW!

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Fr]anc[is:

Remember 12 Oz. Mouse?

Or The Brak Show?

What about Perfect Hair Forever?

Space Ghost Coast to Coast?

Lucy, the daughter of the Devil?

anything?

no?

Okay then.......

OT: It had either be a quality series in line with how the "Meet The..." videos were made/animated, or it had better be a movie with the same quality as the "Meet The..." videos.

Anything less will be as unforgivable*addendum:

as dropping The Brak Show.

Yeah, those were the bottom of the adult swim barrel. Especially 12 oz. Mouse. Good god that show was awful.

But a great deal of AS's programming is good (Harvey Birdman, Metalocalypse, Robot Chicken, about half of ATHF)

all I have to say is Mhmmmmmmmmmm (pyro talking)

Yeah it could be hit or miss like people have said before when it comes to Adult Swim.

One hand giveth back Toonami, the other giveth Squidbillies.

TF2 already has a funny established characters and relations so I lean optimistic on Adult Swim not turning it into one of their more "stoner" ideas.

so this will reveal what these "mysterious" item drops we keep getting are all about?

Zaik:

If that is, I'm throwing a gas mask through their windows.

You don't disrespect the Pyro.

Also, this is a rumor, but some shows like Lucy: Daughter of the Devil and Drinky Crow were canned because Tim and Eric didn't like them and threatened to leave if they weren't cancelled.

My first reaction: Joy!

My second reaction: Oh joy, a random-stuff-happens stoner-thon.

My third reaction: Maybe they will hand it off to World Leaders Entertainment. Joy?

My fourth reaction: Maybe they will hand it off to whoever did Xavier: Renegade Angel. SUICIDE!

But seriously, it's just meet the Pyro premiering on actual TEE VEE.

Spoiler alert:

It's hats.

How many letters in Adult Swim? Nine. Letters in the sneakiest TF2 character, the Spy? Three. NINE DIVIDED BY THREE?!??!?!? EH EH, HOW ABOUT IT LADS EH?

They recently brought back Toonami, no? I bet VALVE is going to be animated Tom in the future to save time and money.

P.S. Thanks

It's going to be a 4 season miniseries of Gabe's finger slowly moving towards the Upload button for HL3.

Better not be more goddamn hats.

If it's meet the pyro... I really wouldn't know what to think if they premiered meet the pyro on Adult Swim.

Woodsey:
How many letters in Adult Swim? Nine. Letters in the sneakiest TF2 character, the Spy? Three. NINE DIVIDED BY THREE?!??!?!? EH EH, HOW ABOUT IT LADS EH?

If it really is Half Life 3 it'll be fun watching the internet just explode.

I'm wondering if it's gonna have anything to do with all the random, otherwise useless items that recently got added to tf2.

Wait... there wasn't a Team Fortress show?

Terminate421:
Avoid 12 ounce mouse territory and make it a funny TV series. Each episode is about different tactics failing for the blus

Or, just remake Red Vs. Blue in TF2!

RaikuFA:

Zaik:

If that is, I'm throwing a gas mask through their windows.

You don't disrespect the Pyro.

Also, this is a rumor, but some shows like Lucy: Daughter of the Devil and Drinky Crow were canned because Tim and Eric didn't like them and threatened to leave if they weren't cancelled.

fuck tim and eric they are not funny.

Lucy DoTD was awsome

Ashcrexl:
so this will reveal what these "mysterious" item drops we keep getting are all about?

Is this what these bananas are about? O_o

WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?! D:

Edit: The TF2 has a new blog post today! http://www.teamfortress.com/

It explains everything! :D

I would be satified with some random gmod shit done by some of the better creators, like Swiggan, MegaGFilms, R33MIX, RubberFruit, and DasBoShit.

But if they show TF2 on TV, I HAVE to watch it. TF2 being my second favorite game in existence, I will find a way around my lack of cable and watch the hell out of it.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here