Atlus Cuts PSN Prices in Half

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Atlus Cuts PSN Prices in Half

Grab Atlus games at 50% off until August.

Most gamers know Atlus best for bringing a whole slew of quirky, niche JRPGs stateside. From the demonic Persona series to the puzzling Catherine, Atlus has delighted some with a taste for the weird, alienated others who prefer games on the easy side, and earned a lot of credit among the core gamer crowd for trying new things, even though they don't always work. If you missed some of Atlus's bigger titles the first time around, no need to worry: Atlus and PSN have you covered all through July. The "Half Off Just About Everything for Just About a Month" sale brings some of Atlus's biggest titles, including the PSP Persona games and Catherine down to just 50% of their former cost all month.

Only a few PS3 titles made the cut: Catherine, Trine 2, and Rock of Ages are the biggest draws, but Droplitz and The Cursed Crusade may pick up a few stragglers who missed them on the first pass. The PSP selection is much stronger, although it is almost entirely focused on RPGs. The first three Persona games range from $10 to $20, and the entire Dept. Heaven trilogy can be had for $5 to $7.50 per game.

You can peruse the entire HOJAEFJAAM list to see if anything matches your taste, but you're almost guaranteed to find something in your budget. Besides, if you've recently acquired a Vita, now is the perfect time to fill it with some games to while away the hours until Persona 4 Golden hits.

Sad thing is...I own pretty much all those games.

I don't buy digital if I can get a physical.

I think I am going to get Persona 3 for my Vita in prep for The Golden.

Hmm... might grab the three persona games. Never played any of them and heard nothing but good things about 3 and 4 at least. Though I never play my PSP anyways...

I was actually looking at the Persona 2 and 3 pack on the PSN store at $29.99 but only had $28.01 on my account (sadface) and thought I wouldn't be able to get them both but now with these deals, hells yas.

Kapol:
Hmm... might grab the three persona games. Never played any of them and heard nothing but good things about 3 and 4 at least. Though I never play my PSP anyways...

The first and second Persona games are almost completely different from 3 and 4. The first one especially hasn't held up very well so be careful before buying it, but definately get 3 and 4 if you can.

God damn you Atlus. I like getting physical copies when I can. But with Catherine THIS cheap just...god damn it.

Hah! I knew if I was patient enough Atlus would have another of these sales. They usually have a 50% off sale around every year or so. Can finally get my hands on Persona 2.

Want to own it, and I've played it a bit before. But while it's good, it wasn't $30 good... $15 I can handle.

I've always wanted to play the persona games, but it seems there is no PS3 version... and that all the games exist solely on systems I don't own.

Might pick up the Persona titles.

For Haruhi's sake though Atlus, please release an English version of the Endless Frontier sequel. I love the gameplay but I love the dialogue and story too ;-;

Raggedstar:
God damn you Atlus. I like getting physical copies when I can. But with Catherine THIS cheap just...god damn it.

It's not like they're trying ram it down your throat.

Get Cathrine bros its worth it for the sexy mindfuckery.

AC10:
I've always wanted to play the persona games, but it seems there is no PS3 version... and that all the games exist solely on systems I don't own.

In the 'PS2 Classics' section of PSN they have Persona 3:FES.

Did they cut the price of Persona 3:FES that's on the PS3 store? Because if so any of you who haven't played it and like RPGs should BUY IT NOW

Edit: Which ones of these are on the PS3 PSN, don't have a PSP/Vita, so these would only apply to that

Alas the problem is the fact that PSN games are already 3 times the price of the local store, so a 50% discount is pointless. I'm still better off wandering into town.

Damn, I bought Rock of Ages a few weeks ago, now it's only $5...

DVS BSTrD:

Raggedstar:

It's not like they're trying ram it down your throat.

I think you misunderstand me. I want Catherine, but I'm conflicted whether to buy it during the sale or $5 more expensive over eBay for a physical copy.

Tanis:
Awesome thing is...I own pretty much all those games.

Fixed it for ya. Never feel bad that you can find better and more permanent a thing than what they're pushing out right now.

FalloutJack:

Tanis:

Fixed it for ya. Never feel bad that you can find better and more permanent a thing than what they're pushing out right now.

I don't think you understand...
I own almost EVERY Atlus game, released NTSC-U plus some PAL/NTSC-J imports, even re-releases.
>_>

Tanis:

FalloutJack:

Tanis:

I don't think you understand...
I own almost EVERY Atlus game, released NTSC-U plus some PAL/NTSC-J imports, even re-releases.
>_>

Your grievance is based upon paying full price? Come on... That's no big deal.

UH OH, looks like it's time to link... THE PERSONA USER GROOOUP!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Persona

We're gearing up for the release of P4:Arena! Get in here and share who you're maining. Maybe exchange XBLA or PSN accounts.

*Ahem*

I think I'll be picking up Catherine. $40 is a bit too much for a puzzle game in my opinion.

Awww...I bought the ones I wanted at full price already. Damn, I'm supporting the developer! Curses!

I find this out right after I already spend 70 bucks...

Tanis:

AC10:

Yeah I went on and found it.

I must play them in order... it's a thing I do.

AC10:

Tanis:

AC10:

If story is that important to you, I'd stick with FES too because it tells you what happens after the original storyline while P3P just gives you the option of a female perspective of the same thing which isn't canon.
So I'm conflicted with either buying all these psp persona games or to save my money for a vita so I can later save more money for P4: Golden. damn.

Captcha: Goody Two Shoes
And now I have to watch Evil Dead again.

I really would like to see Atlus bring back Tactics Ogre. Even if it's just an update of the original game. I played the Hell out of that game on my GBA SP. I would go as far to say that Tactics Ogre easily holds it own against any of the FF Tactics game.

(drop to his knees) YES! I already have these games for the PS2 but Cathrine and Persona 3 FES is the ones I truly want for my PS3!

Already own many. Thinking of Class of Heroes and Riviera: The Promised Land...

Xanthious:
I really would like to see Atlus bring back Tactics Ogre. Even if it's just an update of the original game. I played the Hell out of that game on my GBA SP. I would go as far to say that Tactics Ogre easily holds it own against any of the FF Tactics game.

Are you serious??? Have you been living under a rock on Mars or something?
http://na.tacticsogregame.com/

s69-5:

Xanthious:

Are you serious??? Have you been living under a rock on Mars or something?
http://na.tacticsogregame.com/

Hmmmm almost makes me want to invest in a PS Vita or maybe go grab a cheap PSP off of Craigslist. I do so love Tactics Ogre.

€17,99 For Persona 3? Time to get myself a PSN card to get that shit. Trine 2 looks pretty interesting as well though I might as well wait for the Steam Summer Sale for that.

Yes yes yes yes... Persona 1 and 2, here I come!

AC10:

Tanis:

AC10:

The Persona games are like the Final Fantasies- they may share some common elements, but each game is its own enclosed story. Unless you're super OCD about it, you can play them in whatever order you want.

Is it only for USA store?

Launcelot111:

AC10:

Tanis:

The Persona games are like the Final Fantasies- they may share some common elements, but each game is its own enclosed story. Unless you're super OCD about it, you can play them in whatever order you want.

I am super OCD about a lot of things; this is one of those things.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here