Deadpool Announces His Own Game at Comic-Con

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Deadpool Announces His Own Game at Comic-Con

Everyone's favorite mentally unstable mercenary will soon be getting a game of his own.

Marvel's most self-aware, least sane superhero has appeared in a handful of games, but only as a sideshow. Now it looks like that's about to change. Deadpool himself made a surprise appearance at the Marvel Video Games panel during the San Diego Comic-Con, bursting in with megaphone in hand to make the announcement. High Moon Studios, the developer behind the latest three Transformers games, will be bringing the hero(?) to center stage sometime next year. And yes, there's precisely as much ultra-violence and one-liner cheesiness as you'd expect.

While details are sparse, a trailer (which Deadpool demanded be played twice) sheds some light on what we can expect from the sensibly named Deadpool. The video depicts the psychotic assassin shooting and slicing through scores of unlucky mooks with dual pistols and swords. Nolan North, who voiced Deadpool in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, will be returning to lend his voice to the Merc with a Mouth. Judging by the trailer, he'll be doing his best to bring Deadpool's trademark insanity to life.

Marvel isn't revealing any further information just yet. The game's exact genre is unknown, as are the platforms it'll be coming to, but Deadpool says he'll be in touch. And the word of a lunatic assassin is worth something ... right?

Source: Comics Alliance

Well at least they get that Deadpool is utterly nuts, aware of his fictional status, and very snarky.

Also was that last line a take that at his portrayal in said movie that screwed his character?

Ohhhhhhhhh my.

Trailer is brilliant, but whether the game will share in such brilliance, remains to be seen.

Would probably be fun at first then you'd go strait to options and turn voice volume all the way down..

My money. Take it. All of it. You heard. No, don't argue.

I was sold at "BEST RIDE EVAR!"

Im betting the game will end up part third-person shooter, part hack n' slash and part platformer.

And that said this is the first game in a long time from Activision that im optimistic for. And that took alot of reading over to make sure i meant it.

Only if Rorschach is available in Co-op

I think I used to play TF2 with that guy

This will make me rage in public if they make this game suck.

tmande2nd:
Well at least they get that Deadpool is utterly nuts, aware of his fictional status, and very snarky.

Also was that last line a take that at his portrayal in said movie that screwed his character?

Nah, they've got quite the history together.

man i really hope this will be good!
cause right now itll be either awsome or lame either way you got my attention marvel...

I'm honestly surprised it took them this long to make this game.

That panel was hilarious.

So long as the writing for this game is good, I'll be happy.

If the game is good as the trailer i'll but it first day.

NinjaDeathSlap:
My money. Take it. All of it. You heard. No, don't argue.

I was sold at "BEST RIDE EVAR!"

They had me a "More Bouncy!"

Looks great, cant wait to see some more info on this! Hopefully he wont be spouting the random phrases all the time though, I could see that getting pretty tiring after awhile.

Looks interesting, I'll give it a try.
I wonder which bad-guys they'll use (those mooks look like either HYDRA or HAMMER types) and if it will include folks like Taskmaster and Bob.

Meh. It's going to end up being Duke Nukem Forever Part II. Excessive machismo with repetitive one liners and a game that isn't good enough to back any of it up.

That said, I really really want to be wrong about this not living up to everybody's high expectations.

Deadpool!
*SQUEEEEL*
I want it now.

deadpool is one of the better written comics I've seen come out of marvel

hopefully the can capture both his internal turmoil that he hides by being outrageous all the time and also his complex relationship with AL

and also hopefully they can pretend none of the Agent X awfulness ever happened

annoyinglizardvoice:
Looks interesting, I'll give it a try.
I wonder which bad-guys they'll use (those mooks look like either HYDRA or HAMMER types) and if it will include folks like Taskmaster and Bob.

my money is on HAMMER, these books arent nearly green and yellow enough to be hydra

OT: I want this game badly.

mindlesspuppet:

tmande2nd:

Nah, they've got quite the history together.

It could well be both, a shot at the crappy movie WOULD be in keeping with deadpools 4th wall breaking style.

God, I want this game right now. Looks amazing, I love Deadpool.

I've fallen for the hype guys...

It looks like High Moon is making the game - and they did a decent job with Transformers: War for Cybertron if nothing else.

Deadpool is in good hands with High Moon Studios. These guys get it. Unless something goes HORRIBLY wrong, this is a day 1 purchase for me. Nolan North's portrayal of Deadpool is just a really awesome bonus too.

Words cannot describe how insanely happy I am. Please, please, please, PLEASE don't fuck this up...

DVS BSTrD:
Only if Rorschach is available in Co-op

Curse you, DVS BSTrD!! (Rolls right off the tongue.) You ninja'd me!

YEEEEEAAAAH! Finally my favorite comic book hero is getting the recognition he deserves. Very much looking forward to this.

Well, I wanted this, but I refuse to get excited.

Game companies have beat the idea of "Wait and see" into me enough times to know that just because I wanted it, doesn't mean it won't be terribly executed.

Please don't screw this up.

don't have really high hopes for the game itself. hope that i am wrong.

good times; they at least have the humor down. Though it just HAD to be published by Activision

"Suck it wolverine."

OH NO HE DIDN'T!!

This game will be over hyped out of proportions by comic book fans due to Deadpool and his awesomeness,myself included.

Let's just hope that they won't screw this up.

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW!

My eyes are now trained on this one... here's hoping it doesn't suck.

While I am required to be a bit sceptical while posting on internet forums, I think it's a law or something, I cannot deny that what I just witnessed was amazing and totally sold me on the game already which will be a one day purchase as long as it is even just a little good...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here