4chan Exacts Vengeance on Spiteful Fast Food Worker

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I would rather anger a pride of hungry lions and feel the wrath of 4chan....

Jokes on this guy.
My immune system is equipped with the biological equivalent of fully automatic military assault rifles, with night vision and laser scopes. And we have recently acquired phosphorous grenades, cluster bombs and anti personnel fragmentation mines.

They're on loan from George.

trolls using their power for good! *checks if pigs are flying* is the world ending?

Ive seen a few posts like this in my time at 4chan
A better one was when anons got a teacher fired from work for cheating on his wife with a student at his school
Knowing anon though it could have been a complete fabrication

They all seem to begin with the culprit being stupid enough to have posted something on 4chan to begin with

FEichinger:
The fact that someone posts such a violation of health regulations ...
The fact that the person who took the photo was too dumb to remove the EXIF data ...
The fact that it took bloody 4chan to be the "hero" on that one ...
The fact that society is in a state which makes this not only newsworthy, but also insanely hilarious ...

I dunno, guys, which of those is worst?

4chan has repeatedly switched to vigilante hive-mind mode to bring justice & peace and boatloads of Goetterdaemmerung hatred down on punks.

Really, there are some strange dark corners on 4chan, but the majority of it is excellent, responsive picdump teamwork and, yes, the wrath of the righteous.

Oh, RE: dump person(s) - they're the mindblowing majority. Without them, no religion, society, cult or football team would be complete. It's not always the EXIF data, but that's the easiest and fastest approach. Even if there's no EXIF data, you'd be amazed at how fast the community connect-a-brain will spit out results, with very little false positives.

OH, and... I don't think it's hilarious some punk stands on boxes full of fast-food outlet salad I might or might not order and consume, I think it's outrageous and a real shame; I also think he should pretty much get put up on the block for a week or so, for us to spit and throw rotten vegetables at him.

Tenmar:
And people always wondered why when I go to a fast food place I always just ask for a PLAIN hamburger. Well there's your reason.

Well the bun itself and the meat could be tampered with as well. Honestly your taking unnecessary caution.

It's four chan, the literal perpetual showing that most people are dicks, only a few are not and want to do the good thing. This is just another case of one man doing the good thing instead of cheering who's doing wrong inanely.

Tenmar:
And people always wondered why when I go to a fast food place I always just ask for a PLAIN hamburger. Well there's your reason.

Really? So what you're telling me is that, (A) this is a common practice for fast food employees, (B) you've known about this for some time now, and (C) only now are you bothering to warn anyone else?

I'm gonna go with (D) You're full of it.

Shouldn't the 4chan people be hunt down for being vigilantees in the health business for this one?

Nice to see Anon doing something positive, I guess.

I'll be happy when kids go back to listening to loud music and having "wild" hair as part of some sort of rebellion. >.>

BWAHAHAHA!

That's some swift justice right there xD

Thought I'd never say this but great job 4chan :3

Guffe:
Shouldn't the 4chan people be hunt down for being vigilantees in the health business for this one?

You aren't being a vigilantee by reporting someone.

"Yeah, hello police? I saw this guy murder someone else and I just so happen to have seen him enter a building and not leave it since."

"Ok, we'll be right over to arrest you for being a vigilante. Derp."

Caramel Frappe:
My question is: Why would the employee be sabotaging the lettuce with his nasty work shoes? Was it due to trying and be humorous and gross people out? Or like being cool with the caption or something? I'm really trying to find logic behind all of this but- I can't really figure it out so glad he's been fired.

Guessing it was just a general "Lol, look at this! Aren't I so bad-ass?" style photo. Sadly for him it seems to have backfired.

I remember walking into a KFC once and seeing an acne ridden kid scratching his spots while working in the kitchen bit. Promptly turned round and walked back out - I get that you can't help having acne and I imagine working in that environment doesnt help, but really? Scratching your face while food prepping? :(

>posts picture of tampering with fast food on a site where most of the members both very probably eat fast food frequently and like leaking personal info.

Smart move, you pretty much goaded them into a response. It's like going to a website where fans of soup gather and announcing you spit in soup.

This isn't anon doing good for good's sake, it's them being motivated by defending themselves.

Standing in the lettuce? Sheesh, that's nothing. The maccas I worked at as a kid had the filthiest floors you've ever seen in a kitchen (they were basically black, you couldn't see the original red/brown colour of the tiles) and if a "meat" patty was dropped on them, stepped on or anything else, we were still forced by management to use it. Same with the slimy brown lettuce, mouldy tomatos and stale bread rolls... Anything past its use-by date had to be sold before we could use the fresh stuff.

Suffice to say I've not eaten macdonalds or burger king (hungry jacks here) in a very, very long time.

Scorched_Cascade:
>posts picture of tampering with fast food on a site where most of the members both very probably eat fast food frequently and like leaking personal info.

Smart move, you pretty much goaded them into a response. It's like going to a website where fans of soup gather and announcing you spit in soup.

This isn't anon doing good for good's sake, it's them being motivated by defending themselves.

It seems really farfetch'd that they would report a single person to defend the entirety of 4Chan who enjoys fast food. I would say that in this case, they are doing good. Their motivation might have been getting this guy fired for the lolz, but I wouldn't call it defending themselves. They'd have to report every person who treats food badly. I sure hope the people who deliberately spoil good eats have 4Chan accounts and a working camera.

Jaythulhu:
Standing in the lettuce? Sheesh, that's nothing. The maccas I worked at as a kid had the filthiest floors you've ever seen in a kitchen (they were basically black, you couldn't see the original red/brown colour of the tiles) and if a "meat" patty was dropped on them, stepped on or anything else, we were still forced by management to use it. Same with the slimy brown lettuce, mouldy tomatos and stale bread rolls... Anything past its use-by date had to be sold before we could use the fresh stuff.

Suffice to say I've not eaten macdonalds or burger king (hungry jacks here) in a very, very long time.

My god. I don't even understand how a place like that even stays in business. Even if for some reason it never had a health inspector come in, I'm pretty sure anyone who would come in contact with stale bread and other spoiled food would never buy from there again. Even if it was just my bread that was completely stale I sure as heck wouldn't eat there again.

GeneralFungi:

Jaythulhu:
*snip*

My god. I don't even understand how a place like that even stays in business. Even if for some reason it never had a health inspector come in, I'm pretty sure anyone who would come in contact with stale bread and other spoiled food would never buy from there again. Even if it was just my bread that was completely stale I sure as heck wouldn't eat there again.

We failed the health inspection every year. Not sure how we didn't get closed down, but at the time I assumed that bribery was involved.

As for customers, well, we were in a high-traffic tourist area not a residential & the only local customers were either so stoned or so worn out from work they didn't give a fuck.

Scorched_Cascade:

praetor_alpha:
Real impartial justice came out of 4chan?

I think that's a first.

Despite common misconceptions /b/ do occasionally do good things, it's more like they're chaotic neutral. They don't care what they hit, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. Generally it's amusing, that's the tack they take.

So it's not about defending themselves (despite what you think /b/tards represent a pretty big cross section) and definitely not about being impartial do gooders. Guy was a dick and made it easy for them, of course they're going to do something.

People don't seem to understand /b/ or 4chan as a whole, I think it's because of the association with anonymous and its rather unconventional approach to things but it's not a bad group of people doing bad. It's just a large group of people...

It's good to know that there is an internet lynch mob, always ready to tackle such matters.

Anyone seen the trailer for "Compliance"? You should, fans of all things righteous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdONydDX44I

Because I'm afraid someone, somewhere, could be fired/arrested/lynched on information gathered over a site like 4CHAN (of all places). It just doesn't sound right.

canadamus_prime:

Amnestic:

FEichinger:
The fact that someone posts such a violation of health regulations ...
The fact that the person who took the photo was too dumb to remove the EXIF data ...
The fact that it took bloody 4chan to be the "hero" on that one ...
The fact that society is in a state which makes this not only newsworthy, but also insanely hilarious ...

I dunno, guys, which of those is worst?

I read a story recently about a teen who bragged about murdering an elderly (60+) person on Facebook.

By those sort of standards, failing to remove the EXIF data is positively genius level.

That's nothing. I remember reading a story a while back about a guy who broke into another guy's home, took pictures, bragged about it on Facebook, posted the pictures, all from the computer in the house he broke into AND LEFT IT LOGGED INTO HIS FACEBOOK.

captcha: "nobody home"
nope, but the lights are one though.

well Facebook is for extroverts who are known to be mentally crippled when on their own and not following pack logic

Tenmar:

Hate to break it to you, but that's no safer. When I worked at a fast food chain (Not going to name names), we rarely stuck to the reheating standards for meat. Once cooked, meat's placed in a small sort of oven tray thing, and heated. It's meant to be used within a specific time, or binned. Thing is, you get in trouble for too much binning from the manager, and from whoever's on the grill. So half the stuff in there's past the safety requirement.

Also? The gloves of the guy handling the lettuce handle the buns and the meat too. There's nothing you can do.

DVS BSTrD:
Well at least like WTFIWWY has some new material, that ISN'T from Florida.
Letus eat fries... with that.

Oh god, Tara is going to so rage at this guy for being so stupid.

Nash will just be happy this doesn't involve nudity or bestiality. You know JO and Tara are waiting for the perfect opportunity to bring up the kitty stripper club again.

Best of the 3:

I know it isn't quite right, but that's the first thing that came to mind.

Didn't think of it, but I can so see the Cabbage Guy doing this.

Poor guy never gets a break.

So... I have a theory. If we just funnel all of the stupid and the assholery of the Internet into 4chan, is it possible we can convert them into a force of good, constantly writing the wrongs of the idiots of the Internet, while simultaneously preoccupying them so they don't do something stupid?

Most likely wasn't any form of bacteria or the such on his shoes that wasn't already on the lettuce. And the benches. And the knives. And all their hands/gloves. And everywhere else.

evilneko:
Ah, 4chan, where posting loli hentai gets you props, and lettuce-stomping gets you fired. Where would we be without you?

The difference is loli hentai just amounts to drawings and helps quell perfectly normal sexual urges and stops absolutely unacceptable actions from happening, and fucking with peoples food without someone knowing is fucking with peoples food without someone knowing.

This is why i dont eat fast food at all. They may get caught standing on the lettuce, but what are they doing to the burgers and buns?

Come on, people, not everyone on 4chan is an asshole.

Just most of them.

samahain:
It's good to know that there is an internet lynch mob, always ready to tackle such matters.

Anyone seen the trailer for "Compliance"? You should, fans of all things righteous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdONydDX44I

Because I'm afraid someone, somewhere, could be fired/arrested/lynched on information gathered over a site like 4CHAN (of all places). It just doesn't sound right.

It's already happened. It'll happen again. As I already said, most of them are assholes.

Jiggy:

Guffe:

You aren't being a vigilantee by reporting someone.

"Yeah, hello police? I saw this guy murder someone else and I just so happen to have seen him enter a building and not leave it since."

"Ok, we'll be right over to arrest you for being a vigilante. Derp."

Oh, true... sory was kidna tired when wrote that.
But good example you gave there XD

Best of the 3:

I know it isn't quite right, but that's the first thing that came to mind.

And good on those anons I guess. Another day gone by, another lettuce saved.

Hahahahahahaha.

Nice.

Fappy:
I bet that guy's manager is so pissed. Hopefully they aren't in the same D&D group. That'd be so awkward.

>implying that fast food employees are D&D peeps? Dont quite get it :o

OT: Serves him right. Justice has prevailed. Food is safe again.

DugMachine:
This title was too good to pass up. Well good on anons for taking this douche down. Not that I trust Burger King anyways for it's cleanliness but this just makes me not want to eat there even more. Burger King tends to hire the most ghetto/rude people imaginable from my experience.

Right? I've never walked into a Burger King and been helped in a timely manner. Every time I wonder in there, there's a girl standing in back, talking to the grill crew and filing her nails, texting, or instagraming. When I make it clear that I'm there to order some food, I always get the same "who the fuck are you? Just go away." look. No greeting, no thanking, no reading my order back. Nothing.

As someone that worked in the fast food industry for longer than he cares to admit, I only ask that people put in the same amount of effort that I did; which I assure you was minimum. Yes, working at fast food sucks. But you're getting PAID to WORK. So thank you, 4Chan, for helping take one of these assholes down a peg.

This isn't the first time 4chan has actually done some good, didn't they have that guy who uploaded a video of himself abusing his cat on youtube arrested by matching pictures of someone's facebook profile with the room seen in the video?

piinyouri:
Jokes on this guy.
My immune system is equipped with the biological equivalent of fully automatic military assault rifles, with night vision and laser scopes. And we have recently acquired phosphorous grenades, cluster bombs and anti personnel fragmentation mines.

If you're gonna repeat a George Carlin joke at least show him the respect he deserves by citing him as the source.

Chronologger:

piinyouri:
Jokes on this guy.

If you're gonna repeat a George Carlin joke at least show him the respect he deserves by citing him as the source.

You recognized it. As I'm sure other Carlin fans would. Not really a need to say it's a Carlin joke when Carlin fans will pick up on it right away.

Point aside, I really don't think he was the kind of man who would give a shit about something like this.

piinyouri:
I really don't think he was the kind of man who would give a shit about something like this.

Point taken, but still deserves a quote purely for those who wouldn't have known who came up with it, couldn't hurt to have more Carlin fans in the world.

Best of the 3:

How the hell can you people find .gifs for a situation as specific as this one?

Oh yay, 4chan save the day again!

I'll bring my own Lettuce next time.

That's strange.

What I mean by that, is a long time ago, there was a thread on 4chan about night shift fast food workers talking about doing shit like this all the time.

You know, stuff like taking gloves off when someone makes them have to cook something, or spitting on the burgers if the customer pissed them off.

I never know what to think about you 4chan, sometimes I want you to burn, other times I want to give you all hugs.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here