Developer Accused of Selling DLC to Cats

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

This is the most hilarious story I heard all week.

saintdane05:

thenumberthirteen:
Well if a cat can enter a, minimum of, six character iTunes password needed for in app purchases then I think they can break through the new security measures.

They crack iTunes codes, soon Facebook passwords, then government websites! Cats shall conquer the planet with the power of computers.

And after fifteen minutes they'll get bored and go take a nap. That's what my cat would probably do.

Sixcess:
On the internet nobody knows you're a cat.

most of the men and women on the internet are in reality cats lieing to other cats about their gender :P

I mean... why would you even make an iPad game for a cat? That's just... WHY!?
And how easy to use is it if a CAT can buy DLC? Seriously, how did nobody see that coming?

Upon reading this story, EA and Capcom execs got massive, raging boners.

Well selling 99 cent DLC to cats is at least one step above selling 15 map-packs to the barely sentient CoD fanbase.

Hey now, cats appreciate quality DLC just as much as you or I do.

Let me write that down, good idea, really good idea. 'Meow meow meow meow'

I wonder if there's a cat version of MLG or EVO.

Tonight the greatest cats in the world are competing for the title of Scratcherrrrrr

And Daigo wins with the clutch, god damn it.

Good to see this was resolved so quickly. This could have gotten downright felinious.

It's funny and all but I can't believe people are actually get mad at this guy for it.

Deviate:
Scratching posts. Litter boxes. Catnip toys. Now games.
Let's pray no one makes a box opener they can operate or they'll rise up.

Could you imagine if they grew thumbs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CcxJQq1x8

I really need to get tt game for my cat, she'd love it.

It's a fucking dollar you fucking cheapskates. What the fuck is wrong with people?

This... This is something new.
Wow.

I'm kind of disappointed the dog didn't wreck the Ipad. That would've been fun.

Also people letting their sharp-clawed furry friends play with an 800$ device are mad about losing 99 cents because of this action? Seems reasonable.

Those damn cats. Always trying to screw their owners over by buying overpriced DLC.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, everyone knows cats are jerks.

This reminds me of an April issue of Game Informer in which there was a fake story talking about how Miyamoto revealed games that can be played by your pets and your food.

Now where are the iPad games that my bananas can play?

TopazFusion:

Dexter111:
EA is probably going to adopt this practice with all their games soon.

Indeed. I'm sure they'd love to claw their way into this market.

Your avatar is my actual response.

With the small exception that I'm not Nathan Fillion.

My bank account weeps at that exception.

Instantly thought of this.

Video Games....... For cats.

I feel that these felines are being discriminated against. They are not allowed to express themselves even though there are people who manipulate them into working buy filming them doing various antics!

Wanna ignore your pet and let overpriced electronics keep them company?
There's an app for that..

I don't see how this is even possible. Every single time I've ever used an in-app purchase on my iPad, I've had to type in my iTunes password before it'll let it go through. I really doubt cats can type in passwords, so how exactly is this happening?

The ironic humor of this thread is obvious, but for those who don't 'get it' I offer this spoiled text to feel some sort of kinship towards the apparent insanity.

TLDR: Cats have been the master race for many years, just cause we are finally realizing this, only means we are too late to matter anymore.

Or, WTF GTFOH TSIC GFU blah blah blah...

This is really fucking sad.

I love everything about this. Well except the Ipad but that's a different kettle of fish.

How come no body has bought this for me yet?

A certain episode of star trek TNG comes to mind...

EdHaag:
I don't see how this is even possible. Every single time I've ever used an in-app purchase on my iPad, I've had to type in my iTunes password before it'll let it go through. I really doubt cats can type in passwords, so how exactly is this happening?

Same here. Heck, sometimes, it'll ask me to enter my password for seemingly no reason at all.

The iPad title is essentially a collection of "chase a thing around the screen" mini-games designed to keep your feline family members from shredding the curtains.

And rather let them shred the screen of your $600 iPad?

Did I fall into a time warp? I thought it was the middle of the Summer, and I'm quite sure that April 1 is in the Spring.

I blame cat owners for not monitoring their cats' usage of the ipad or teaching them the importance of money.

OMG!!!!! ITS TRUE CATS DO HAVE WIFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN FOR JUUURRRRR LIIIVVEESSS!!!!!

Deviate:

Never fear... they would just use it to make box forts with and forget all about conquest.

Quiet Stranger:

Deviate:

Could you imagine if they grew thumbs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CcxJQq1x8

I really need to get tt game for my cat, she'd love it.

I knew my collection of red dot lasers and catnip would come in handy someday

rhizhim:
ok. who would like to have million scratches on his 500$ ipad?

If I had the misfortune of owning something with 'i' in front of it, that seems like a good way to put it to good use while getting rid of it.

This was probably the most amusing headline for an article I've seen in a while. It is also a good illustration of why I refuse to teach my cat any computer skills.

This is, without exception(but maybe a bit of hyperbole), the greatest news story I have ever read in my entire life.

I always knew cats were fucking evil. Now they can rob their owners blind.

Fappy:
How come no body has bought this for me yet?

You're a cat. I always knew you couldn't be trusted with money, now EVERYONE knows!

mariofan1000:
I gotta say, the escapist knows how to have attention grabbing headlines.

Microsoft Apologizes for Big Boobs
Look it up :U

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook