Iranian Nuclear Program Rocked Hard By AC/DC Virus

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Antari:
Iran has done pretty much everything but actually declare war. So what better way to get them to attack than to drive them insane with AC/DC.

If a temporary fix entails unplugging your speakers, then I somehow doubt it's going to drive their sanity very far along the highway to hell.

Kargathia:

Antari:
Iran has done pretty much everything but actually declare war. So what better way to get them to attack than to drive them insane with AC/DC.

If a temporary fix entails unplugging your speakers, then I somehow doubt it's going to drive their sanity very far along the highway to hell.

Very true, as international attacks go. This is pretty weak. A minor annoyance at best.

Antari:

Kargathia:

Antari:

Very true, as international attacks go. This is pretty weak. A minor annoyance at best.

I'd say chances are this is the work of a hobbyist, who merely wanted to prove he got in.

Kudos to him/her/them though - it's not exactly an easy target.

Blablahb:
Iran should be glad those hackers who made the virus have never heard of Amon Amarth.

"The Pursuit of Vikings" would be awesome lol :P or some good Metallica with "Fuel" x)

Antari:
The US doesn't automatically detain Iranian citizens just because they are Iranian

All the Iranian citizens currently incarcerated in Guantanamo Bay, without charge, four years after Guantanamo Bay was supposed to be shut down, tell a different story. At least Iran later released the British and US citizens that they kidnapped.

People, Stop arguing about the US/West and their involvement in Iran. Just enjoy the how funny it is that a virus makes computers play ACDC.

OT: This is hilarious. Though I probably done a little different.

Why are they complaining? I'd be thanking the person that sent the virus for livening up an otherwise boring job.

Unless it, like, delayed a project and caused the loss of several millions dollars worth of funding, or caused some sort of nuclear explosion. ... That would make it infinitely less awesome.

Now we know what happened to those Lulzsec guys.

A+ for the puns!!!

Blablahb:
Iran should be glad those hackers who made the virus have never heard of Amon Amarth.

They'd be thunderstruck by the might of Thor, in that case.

Antari:
Thinking more along the lines of the support they give to terrorist organizations.
[snip]
There is always the Iran Contra issue.

LOL!

The Iran Contra affair is an example of the US supporting terrorists and does not show Iran in a negative fashion.

The 'Iran Contra' affair was the Regan administation illegally selling arms (missiles) to Iran in return for hostages, without the knowledge of congress (which had banned such sales).

Some of the money Iran paid to the US for the arms was used to supply 'terrorists' in Nicaragua(the 'Contra') with US arms, training and support (ie the US mined Nicaragua's harbours, preventing maritime trade).

The US was found guilty in the ICJ and fined in 1986.

The US refused to pay the fine and blocked any attempt Nicaragua maked to collect (until Nicaragua gave up).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicaragua_v._United_States

Assuming this is true...

This was not a virus but a hack.

A hacker used a remote access tool (rumored to be Metasploit) to find a vunerability in their VPN.

The music sounds like a distraction; you are too busy trying to stop the PC playing the loud music to notice the warnings that some vital system has stopped and permanent damage is about to take place until it is too late.

This distraction is probably required after the extra precautions Iran took after the US cyber attacks using Stuxnet and Flame.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/01/world/middleeast/obama-ordered-wave-of-cyberattacks-against-iran.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

TechNoFear:

Antari:
Thinking more along the lines of the support they give to terrorist organizations.
[snip]
There is always the Iran Contra issue.

LOL!

The Iran Contra affair is an example of the US supporting terrorists and does not show Iran in a negative fashion.

The 'Iran Contra' affair was the Regan administation illegally selling arms (missiles) to Iran in return for hostages, without the knowledge of congress (which had banned such sales).

Some of the money Iran paid to the US for the arms was used to supply 'terrorists' in Nicaragua(the 'Contra') with US arms, training and support (ie the US mined Nicaragua's harbours, preventing maritime trade).

The US was found guilty in the ICJ and fined in 1986.

The US refused to pay the fine and blocked any attempt Nicaragua maked to collect (until Nicaragua gave up).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicaragua_v._United_States

Yes, the only reason they sold them weapons is because they wanted to secure the release of the hostages.

Its all fun and games, until you find out the virus's real goal was to launch the nukes. Which then kill millions. Oh dear...

Antari:
Yes, the only reason they sold them weapons is because they wanted to secure the release of the hostages.

So it is OK that the US supports terrorism and has nukes, but it is not OK that Iran does the same things?

So it would be OK for Iran to sell arms, and/or support terrorists, to try and get Iranian 'hostages' back from Guantanamo Bay?

Where do you stand on torture?

OK for the US but not for Iran?

TechNoFear:

Antari:

So it is OK that the US supports terrorism and has nukes, but it is not OK that Iran does the same things?

So it would be OK for Iran to sell arms, and/or support terrorists, to try and get Iranian 'hostages' back from Guantanamo Bay?

Where do you stand on torture?

OK for the US but not for Iran?

Life isn't balanced and fair. We got our bombs a long time ago. And Iran hasn't been friendly to us. So we're doing everything we can to stop them. You can go all politically correct if you like, but it really is wishful thinking on your part. Because I can garentee you Iran doesn't hold the same ideals. Torture is what it is, a centuries old practice. Sometimes it has its uses, sometimes not. Personally in the case of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran, its a waste of time. We should have nuked them. Survival of the fittest. 6,973,738,433 people on the planet (Or so the world bank says), it really wouldn't hurt us badly to thin the herd of trouble makers.

Not G. Ivingname:
I can imagine the Iranian reaction (translated for your convience into English).

Iranian Scientist: The nuclear fuel is in place, the computers are ready, turn on the reactor!

Computer: Yeeeeeeaaahh... THUNDER! Yeaaaahhhhhh... THUNDER!

Iranian Scientist: NNNNNNNNOOOOOO!!! DAMN YOU AMERICAN SPIES AND YOUR AWESOME MUSIC! DX

Ok is the CIA or who ever is messing with Iran hiring trolls to make these viruses?

Hey AC/DC are Australian, you'll not take them away from us with your peppered words and Grand Canyon.

mrhappy1489:

Not G. Ivingname:
I can imagine the Iranian reaction (translated for your convience into English).

Iranian Scientist: The nuclear fuel is in place, the computers are ready, turn on the reactor!

Iranian Scientist: NNNNNNNNOOOOOO!!! DAMN YOU AMERICAN SPIES AND YOUR AWESOME MUSIC! DX

Ok is the CIA or who ever is messing with Iran hiring trolls to make these viruses?

Hey AC/DC are Australian, you'll not take them away from us with your peppered words and Grand Canyon.

Not G. Ivingname:

mrhappy1489:

Not G. Ivingname:

Pfft, you forget yourself sir, we have the boxing kangaroo, he shall usher in a new age of warfare, too right.

mrhappy1489:

Not G. Ivingname:

mrhappy1489:

Pfft, you forget yourself sir, we have the boxing kangaroo, he shall usher in a new age of warfare, too right.

Antari:
Life isn't balanced and fair.

Where have I heard 'fair and balanced' before?

Antari:
And Iran hasn't been friendly to us. So we're doing everything we can to stop them.

So it is OK for countries to persecute other countries they do do not like?

So is it OK for China to persecute Tibet?

How about all the Arab States persecuting Israel?

You appear to be advocating state sponsored terrorism, exactly what you earlier said Iran is doing wrong....(until I pointed out your example was of US terrorism)

Hypocrite much?

Antari:
Torture is what it is, a centuries old practice. Sometimes it has its uses, sometimes not.

So if Iran, China or 'terrorists' capture US citizens, then detains indefinitely and tortures them it is OK with you?

If not why not?

Antari:
We should have nuked them. Survival of the fittest. 6,973,738,433 people on the planet (Or so the world bank says), it really wouldn't hurt us badly to thin the herd of trouble makers.

So it would be OK kill millions of civilians because the US doesn't like their country/government?

That means it is OK for terrorists to target US civilians in their attacks. Al Queda was at war with the US and used the biggest 'nuke' they had on 911.

By your logic that was a justified attack and 'Survival of the fittest'.

BTW turning the world remaining oil supply radio-active might put a bit of a dampner on the world economy...

Probably the only virus that i watn to catch.

the iranian nuclear program is doomed beucase powers that be wont allow it anyway.

Not G. Ivingname:

mrhappy1489:

Not G. Ivingname:

TechNoFear:

Antari:
Life isn't balanced and fair.

Where have I heard 'fair and balanced' before?

Antari:
And Iran hasn't been friendly to us. So we're doing everything we can to stop them.

So it is OK for countries to persecute other countries they do do not like?

So is it OK for China to persecute Tibet?

How about all the Arab States persecuting Israel?

You appear to be advocating state sponsored terrorism, exactly what you earlier said Iran is doing wrong....(until I pointed out your example was of US terrorism)

Hypocrite much?

Antari:
Torture is what it is, a centuries old practice. Sometimes it has its uses, sometimes not.

So if Iran, China or 'terrorists' capture US citizens, then detains indefinitely and tortures them it is OK with you?

If not why not?

Antari:
We should have nuked them. Survival of the fittest. 6,973,738,433 people on the planet (Or so the world bank says), it really wouldn't hurt us badly to thin the herd of trouble makers.

So it would be OK kill millions of civilians because the US doesn't like their country/government?

That means it is OK for terrorists to target US civilians in their attacks. Al Queda was at war with the US and used the biggest 'nuke' they had on 911.

By your logic that was a justified attack and 'Survival of the fittest'.

BTW turning the world remaining oil supply radio-active might put a bit of a dampner on the world economy...

Fair and balanced, ya you'll encounter that alot more as you get older. It may happen in video games, but its the last thing that will happen in real life. Its just reality. At no point did I say it was OK, I'm refering to how it IS, don't put words in my mouth. And no nuclear weapons don't work that way. By your line of thinking the 1,769 bombs that the USA and the USSR detonated in testing should have irradiated the entire planet and every resource on it, but it hasn't. If your out to destroy a country's population, you bomb cities not oilfields and mines.

Would it be OK for us to nuke Iran out of existence, not really. But it would be the smart thing to do. As given anything approaching the chance, they would do the same to us. Welcome to Earth.

mrhappy1489:

Not G. Ivingname:

mrhappy1489:

._.

You win.

We have nothing that can take on... THAT.

Antari:
Fair and balanced, ya you'll encounter that alot more as you get older.

LOL!

What a pitiful 'appeal to authority' argument.

Please try harder....

Antari:
Its just reality. At no point did I say it was OK, I'm refering to how it IS, don't put words in my mouth.

I can not put words in your mouth, your foot is in the way....

Antari:
And no nuclear weapons don't work that way.

LOL!

Want to buy some land in Fukushima or the US NTS in Nevada?

You should be able to move in around 30,000 years...

Antari:
If your out to destroy a country's population, you bomb cities not oilfields and mines.

Targetting civillians is agaisnt the Geneva Convention.

The US screamed foul when Al Queda targeted civillians in 2001, yet you advocate the same crime.....you must be a TERRORIST!

Shamanic Rhythm:
I admit, when I first saw the title of this thread I was hoping it went down more like this.

That right there....when relations go down the toliot and it finally comes to war, we need to play that over every TV, Radio, and Computer in Iran, especially the one in the presidents building. Have the pilots listen in, and when the song ends, BOMBS AWAY!!!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 40657)