Stylish Glitch Makes Deus Ex: Human Revolution All Warhol

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Stylish Glitch Makes Deus Ex: Human Revolution All Warhol

Ever wondered what Deus Ex: Human Revolution crossed with Killer 7 would look like?

Deus Ex: Human Revolution's distinctive look won it a lot of praise from critics, but the game's heavy use of the gold filter isn't for everyone. If you like your textures a little less visible and your colors a lot brighter, then Reddit user, TheFightingDumples, has just the glitch for you.

According to Dumples, the screenshots below are the product of a glitch that stripped away most of the game's textures and replaced them with eye-popping blocks of solid color. The funny thing is, a few of the screenshots of the glitch in action look pretty good.

Unfortunately, Dumples didn't provide any instructions on how to repeat the glitch. In fact, it may not even be an in-game glitch at all. Screwy texture mishaps like those depicted above tend to indicate that your video card is about to shuffle off this mortal coil. However, if an enterprising modder were to provide something similar, perhaps with a touch more color coordination, I'd be all over it.

Source: Reddit

Don't get me wrong, but the glitch makes it looks like an Indie game.

My god, it looks like a painting. I would frame that, I would frame this over my bed with a small plaque saying "The art of videogame violence."

And I would cherish it forever.

Calumon: ...What was in my milk? O.O

Now, if only developers would make a AAA FPS game with that kind of colouring & lighting style (I love the look, basic and sleek, harkening almost to Mirror's Edge) but with amazing physics, and a really good animation system for the character. I'd take incredibly realistic manoeuvring over terrain, and climbing with unique animations and physics being ace, to yet more plastic shine, like we see in newer games.

Case in point, Battlefield 3. Looks amazing, but I'd prefer the game mentioned above. (If any developers just so happened to be reading this,
1) Developers go on these sites? Huh!
2) You have my 40/$60, whatever! Just please make it happen!

okay, see, that's the future everybody wanted to be in, not the age of 300

It kinda looks like that Obama poster everybody made a meme out of.
I wounder what the caption would be?

Seriously, someone make a game like that. I'd sell my firstborn for it.

Reminds me of mirrors edge, shame no one bought it.

Hmm looks more like the video card is over heating to me.

Most games can look like that with the (im)proper settings... Old drivers, damaged videocard memory, screwed buffering... I know a guy who had a pirated Half-Life 2 which worked okay and after he purchased it on Steam, he had pink sky with everything else green and we just couldn't fix it... ATi cards used to be the experts on this sort of thing.

This reminds me of that Half-Life 2 mod Forever Gone Tomorrow or something like that. It was very well done at points, I recomend checking it out.

HOW DO I DO THIS
Man, this looks so cool!

I wish more games looked like this.
I would seriously pay money to be able to do this to Deus Ex: HR.

Oh, wow. That looks great.
Huh.

You know, now I really want to play a game that looks like that.
Although, I imagine that like anything else, the real problem with design at the moment is just too much of the same. This looks good because it's amongst a bunch of brown and grey "realistic" shooters. If everything looked like that then I bet we'd be hankering for something with a little more hi-res textures and bump mapping and other techincal terms that I don't know what they mean.

Still, super cool.

Imagine playing that while high. Your brain would explode.

I want a game that looks like that (although I second the request for more color coordination). Seriously, if this is the sort of thing that can happen as the result of a graphics card glitch, it shouldn't be all that hard to make it a special feature (no textures means the only work is picking out colors for everything).

Holy crap that looks like so much fun to play.

Yikes.
That would need to need to be tuned down just a tiny bit for me to be able to play it without getting sick.
I mean it looks cool(Similar to the cyber level from Time Splitters 2/Future Perfect) but it would hurt me to play it as is.

Tone it down to take out the vomit inducing effect and you have there a stylish wii shooter!

That's most likely a bad case of graphics card overheating. He might've tried to use the user-made ultra high quality texture pack, which is known to cause overheating and sometimes even completely fries graphics cards.

Aerosteam 1908:

"I'm racist but black people are the devil." What exactly is wrong with indie-games now? And how does having a lack of budget or a lack of a publisher suddenly change how a game looks?

I agree, I hope someone makes it a mod.

Aprilgold:

Aerosteam 1908:

"I'm racist but black people are the devil." What exactly is wrong with indie-games now? And how does having a lack of budget or a lack of a publisher suddenly change how a game looks?

He's not saying there is anything wrong with it. From what I picked up he was more making reference to the fact that it looks a bit more creative with a wider expression of colour that most mainstream games shy away from.

You're probably the very person he's referencing when he say's "Don't take this the wrong way"

tobi the good boy:

Aprilgold:

Aerosteam 1908:

He's not saying there is anything wrong with it. From what I picked up he was more making reference to the fact that it looks a bit more creative with a wider expression of colour that most mainstream games shy away from.

You're probably the very person he's referencing when he say's "Don't take this the wrong way"

His post was very vague is all I have to say in conjunction.

"Don't take this the wrong way but that doesn't look like a shirt a man would wear."

What exactly is wrong with the shirt in question? Is it feminine? Does it have holes? Is it to small? Is it to large? Whats wrong with a pink shirt?

The list goes on and on.

there is only one thing to be said about this...

Aprilgold:

tobi the good boy:

Aprilgold:

His post was very vague is all I have to say in conjunction.

"Don't take this the wrong way but that doesn't look like a shirt a man would wear."

What exactly is wrong with the shirt in question? Is it feminine? Does it have holes? Is it to small? Is it to large? Whats wrong with a pink shirt?

The list goes on and on.

I agree with the vagueness but the very opening statement of "Don't take it the wrong way" is used to mitigate the negative connotations of what the following statement presents.

tobi the good boy:

I agree with the vagueness but the very opening statement of "Don't take it the wrong way" is used to mitigate the negative connotations of what the following statement presents.

And my original statement proves that, just because you say no offense, doesn't mean people don't have to take offense.

"Don't take this the wrong way but being a fag is against gods will and your going to burn in agony forever and ever."

And.

"Don't take this the wrong way but you look like a fat ass in that suit."

And finally.

"I know you just got beat up and don't take this the wrong way, but stop crying like a bitch."

His entire post was vague and no offense doesn't just exist as a way for someone to buff up their speech, it means very little because you can take offense from any statement.

Aprilgold:

tobi the good boy:

And my original statement proves that, just because you say no offense, doesn't mean people don't have to take offense.

"Don't take this the wrong way but being a fag is against gods will and your going to burn in agony forever and ever."

And.

And finally.

"I know you just got beat up and don't take this the wrong way, but stop crying like a bitch."

His entire post was vague and no offense doesn't just exist as a way for someone to buff up their speech, it means very little because you can take offense from any statement.

Yes, but none of those statements you've presented have the possibility to be interpreted in a non offensive light. His statement clearly retains that possibility to be seen in a non-negative way, thus the preceding statement should be interpreted as such.

EDIT: Whatever the case, I'm just going to stop replying. Internet arguments end up getting messy and are always ultimately pointless.

Stripes:
Reminds me of mirrors edge, shame no one bought it.

I bought mirrors edge and thought exactly the same as you.

man I loved that game.

That is so dope.
I'm gonna have to do a play though like that.

Make's me feel like I'm on Red Sand, looking at this.

This is amazing, someone please make a game in this style! It would be easier to make than a normal game because o the stylized look it does require much detail or texture but it still looks incredible. As in a that looks like this could be the best looking game of the year and it would require less effort than a normal game.

Look's like they turned on a few of halo's forge filters and mixed in some rez for good measure.

It looks more Tron than Warhol...still nice though.

Tsaba:
there is only one thing to be said about this...

Cat says it better than I could

Aprilgold:

tobi the good boy:

And.

And finally.

If you thought it was possible to see it offensively and it had "no offence" or words to that effect in it, don't be a child and try to call them out on it, just ignore it
I can see where he's coming from with the indie game thing anyway, I wouldn't expect a game was AAA if it looked like this

OT: Is there a hi-res version of the "main" one?
Looks like a pretty awesome desktop

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or