CLOP is QWOP With Unicorns

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

It's articles like this that make me miss the Alt+Escape Features.

*gets halfway*
*does a backflip for no reason*
AHHHHHHHHH (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm sick of this game >=/

pffft robot unicorn attack is the best unicorn game

Lunar Templar:

snowfi6916:

saintdane05:
As a brony, I think this man does not know what the modern day version of "clop" means...

No he doesn't. Who wants to tell him?

i say, we don't >.>;; let him find out on his own what he's done

also where you get the pic of Celestia?

Some guy on DeviantArt. He's done three pics of ponies from the show dressed as champions from League of Legends. Celestia he did as Leona.

I also have Luna as Nocturne and Nightmare Moon as the moon based champion Diana that is coming out soon.

Here's the link:

http://zedrin.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d56yd4q

I got my horse to sit down like a dog.

This isn't that hard. I think I got about 1/10 of the way-rocks started showing up.
Then my unicorn did a flip

snowfi6916:

Lunar Templar:

snowfi6916:

i say, we don't >.>;; let him find out on his own what he's done

also where you get the pic of Celestia?

Some guy on DeviantArt. He's done three pics of ponies from the show dressed as champions from League of Legends. Celestia he did as Leona.

I also have Luna as Nocturne and Nightmare Moon as the moon based champion Diana that is coming out soon.

Here's the link:

http://zedrin.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d56yd4q

awesome, thanks :D

Torrasque:
*gets halfway*
*does a backflip for no reason*
AHHHHHHHHH (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm sick of this game >=/

Same. I finally managed to pick up the pace and was speeding along merrily when I landed on my head and broke my neck (just after the half-way mark.)

I'll come back to it, though, I'm sure.

Actually, this is significantly easier than QWOP, since each button attaches to a different leg, rather than muscle.

Then you hit a rock. GAH.

Jandau:
Easier than QWOP, by a landslide. I've gotten 1/3 of the way through on my 3rd try, while in QWOP it was miracle to make it past the first few meters after a dozen tries...

Agreed. I don't find myself nearly as frustrated as I did with QWOP.

I kept falling on my ass.

Holy crap! I actually managed to get CLOP to front flip... and I noticed there's some kind of star up in the sky at the beginning. What's up with that?

Attempting to double the rate of the front legs versus the rear legs seems to work pretty well, and for some areas, alternating between the front legs and one back leg seems to keep good stability.

K+L > H > J+K > H > repeat

Slower more deliberate steps also works better (slow is steady, and steady wins the race)

And sometimes:

K+L > H > repeat

Lame horse mode is hilarious. Who needs hind legs?
Unfortunately lame horses can't climb hills.

So I got over the first hill and I'm like HOORAY!

And there was a sharp vertical drop and I did a wicked death-cartwheel and broke my spine. FUCK!

No one else instantly think of Charlie and Candy Mountain?

Oh when you're down and looking for some cheering up
Then just head right on up to the candy mountain cave
When you get inside you'll find yourself a cheery land
Such a happy and joy filled and perky merry land
They've got lollipops and gummidrops and candy things
Oh so many things that will brighten up your day
It's impossible to wear a frown in candy town
It's the mecca of love the candy cave
They've got jellybeans and coconuts with little hats
Candy rats, chocolate bats, it's a wonderland of sweets
Ride the candy train to town and hear the candy band
Candy bells, it's a treat, as they march across the land
Cherry ribbons stream across the sky and to the ground
Turn around, it astounds, it's a dancing candy tree
In the candy cave imagination runs so free
So now Charlie please will you go into the cave?

TopazFusion:

TizzytheTormentor:
Not trying to start an argument, but I have noticed bronies on this site (and others) have a hair trigger reaction to negative comments on MLP:FiM, why not just ignore the trolls?

I think it's because there's a disproportionately high amount of hate for such an innocent topic.
Take Pokemon for example. Sure there are haters of that, but the Pokemon threads we have here are mostly clear of them.

Not so with MLP threads.

For some reason, people who don't like the subject, or don't like the fans, feel the need to tell everyone that.
In fact, there seems to be a lot more anti-MLP and anti-brony people than there are actual fans (or they're a hell of a lot more vocal).
Which makes their most common complaint - "All this pony stuff shoved in my face", a bit ridiculous, since in my eyes, the opposite is true (the hate is being shoved everywhere a lot more).

Why not just ignore them?
Well, when around 30 out of 35 posts on page 1 of a MLP thread are things like "I hate this shit", "why did you make this thread?", and "take this crap elsewhere". Or simply stuff like "shitstorm a brewin", "dis a gonna be gud", "popcorn.gif", etc. it becomes nearly impossible to ignore and actually have a decent civilized thread about it.

As far as I know, there's no other topic that gets as bad as that, that quickly.

It's a shame really. MLP has sorta become an unofficially banned thread topic =/

Wow, wall of text.
And I'm not attacking you Tizzy. Just . . . trying to explain it a bit.

I know you aren't attacking me, thanks for the explanation. I know know more about the plight of bronies! (I think)

The fact that it annoys so many people is strange, you do have to admit, ponies seem to be everywhere and anything to do with ponies attracts bronies who do shit like "Brohoof /D" It does get a tad annoying.

For example, on a 9gag post, there was a funny post that had several segments and the Rainbow pony (Rainbow Dash right?) was in it and some of the comments were pointless stuff like "Liked because of ponies" or "Brohoof" It does get annoying sometimes. Not to mention the metric tons of fan-art and cross-overs, ponyfication for example, gave us this abomination...

(That was mostly intended as a joke for those with that hair trigger reaction)

Also, we did have LOTS of enthusiasm when the show was rather new and had threads daily (when I was still a lurker) and there were LOTS of them and almost all of them flashed the "Be assimilated to the herd, resistance is futile" image, got on more than a few peoples nerves.

I agree people take it too seriously, we rarely have pony threads and I even see less of the pony avatars (or I just used to them) and most of the threads that start are innocent enough that devolve into flame wars! Truth be told, I am not a brony and I find these threads hilarious (In the same way I love PC Vs Console threads)...am I a bad person?

I hate that human. Why is there no option to kill him? I have a fucking horn for fuck's sake!

Bennett Foddy used to be the bass player for the Australian band Cut Copy

TopazFusion:

TizzytheTormentor:
The fact that it annoys so many people is strange, you do have to admit, ponies seem to be everywhere and anything to do with ponies attracts bronies who do shit like "Brohoof /D" It does get a tad annoying.

Yeah, admittedly the way it exploded on the internet, with pony phrases and image macros, would certainly be annoying to those who aren't interested. Which is why I don't use those things myself, unless I know I'm in the company of other fans (or people who won't mind).
Good thing that kinda stuff has died down as of late.

TizzytheTormentor:
For example, on a 9gag post, there was a funny post that had several segments and the Rainbow pony (Rainbow Dash right?) was in it and some of the comments were pointless stuff like "Liked because of ponies" or "Brohoof" It does get annoying sometimes. Not to mention the metric tons of fan-art and cross-overs, ponyfication for example, gave us this abomination...

(That was mostly intended as a joke for those with that hair trigger reaction)

I like some of the fan art (the really good stuff), but so much of it is terrible or in bad taste, which sorta taints that part of the fanbase for many people.

TizzytheTormentor:
Also, we did have LOTS of enthusiasm when the show was rather new and had threads daily (when I was still a lurker) and there were LOTS of them and almost all of them flashed the "Be assimilated to the herd, resistance is futile" image, got on more than a few peoples nerves.

I've personally never forced it on anyone (you could say I've never 'converted' anyone over to the show), I tend to back off when people clearly aren't interested. I do hope the people who use the line "be assimilated to the herd, resistance is futile" are using it in jest.

And I agree, the number of threads about it were at ridiculous levels (though MLP is not the only offender here. ME3 is but one additional example.)

TizzytheTormentor:
I agree people take it too seriously, we rarely have pony threads and I even see less of the pony avatars (or I just used to them) and most of the threads that start are innocent enough that devolve into flame wars! Truth be told, I am not a brony and I find these threads hilarious (In the same way I love PC Vs Console threads)...am I a bad person?

Nah, I don't think so. There's nothing wrong with spectating those threads (I do it myself =P).

Well, we got off-topic didn't we! Awesome conversation Topaz! Hard to believe this started with that "Clopping" post...(good lord, it sounds awful after you know what it is...)

On-Topic: FUCK...THOSE...HILLS!

This game is shit

Google "QWOP" and "Rage Quit"

You're welcome.

Bronies wondering why people hate bronies in an article where half the comments are about a brony-spawned euphemism for wanking over a little girl's cartoon.

Lovely.

saintdane05:
As a brony, I think this man does not know what the modern day version of "clop" means...

As someone who in the past also took exams of Linguistics, I can assure you "clop" has always been the onomatopoeic sound of an horse's hooves, and we don't care that a very recent subculture of perverts associates that word to "masturbating to a cartoon of ponies for little girls".

My attempts at the game go yielded one strategy that works... well enough.

You purposely stick the head to the ground. And then just keep pressing both the hind leg buttons. And most of the time, the momentum carries one forward.

I call it "Scootaloo-ing."

...for reasons I shall not discuss.

Edit: makes me wish there was a "front legs are Lame mode" as opposed to "back legs are lame mode".

How to walk efficiently for anyone playing this game:

1. Hold down the 'H' and 'J' keys
2. Release them, but at the same time start holding down the 'K' and 'L' keys.
3. Alternate between holding down each pair of keys to walk!

Oh Charlie, what have you gotten yourself into now. Candy mountain wasn't enough?

ToastiestZombie:
Hands up if you came here looking to watch the shitstorm because you thought this was an mlp version of qwop. I sure did. Now, why must god smite me by making this come out whilst I cant get to a computer?! It looks hilarious!

Definitely. Brony vs. Hater threads are always dripping with juicy goodness.

DJ_DEnM:

snowfi6916:

saintdane05:

Not me, please not me.

OT: I was able to finish QWOP once. I'm not gonna try this though, this just seems ridiculous.

I'd say Google it but that's probably a bad Idea. It's the brony version of yiffing. Or to spell it more plainly, it's masturbating to pictures of the characters from My Little Pony.

Moontouched-Moogle:
Interesting. I remember seeing a QWOP-like game on DeviantArt starring Twilight Sparkle, and now there is an official unicorn QWOP game. The cycle is complete. At least until someone thinks it'd be cool to make a QWOP game using an octopus.

Well, there is already Octodad?

EDIT: and the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVoSYDWX2Ig

An LP of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAzL8pS5DpA

ToastiestZombie:
Hands up if you came here looking to watch the shitstorm because you thought this was an mlp version of qwop. I sure did. Now, why must god smite me by making this come out whilst I cant get to a computer?! It looks hilarious!

*raises hand*

First thought that came to mind when I read opened the article was "i wonder how long it will it will take for the pony comments to show up"

First reply..... That was quick :P

There is a game like this on deviantart with twilight sparkle..... Stupid staircase....

Berithil:

ToastiestZombie:

*raises hand*

First thought that came to mind when I read opened the article was "i wonder how long it will it will take for the pony comments to show up"

That's Bronies for you. So infatuated with a mediocre cartoon show for prepubescent girls are they that they're ready to proclaim their endless love for it wherever they can, and then get all passive-aggressive when people ask them to take that sort of thing elsewhere.

Boudica:
No one else instantly think of Charlie and Candy Mountain?

(Raises hand and waves frantically) RIGHT HERE, FRIEND!! LOL

And yes, I immediately thought of the Candy Mountain Candy Cave song!

Brutal Peanut:
Oh Charlie, what have you gotten yourself into now. Candy mountain wasn't enough?

Well, after searching for the Banana King and going into the future to build a snowman, he just needed a new challenge. :-)

Buretsu:

Berithil:

ToastiestZombie:

*raises hand*

That's Bronies for you. So infatuated with a mediocre cartoon show for prepubescent girls are they that they're ready to proclaim their endless love for it wherever they can, and then get all passive-aggressive when people ask them to take that sort of thing elsewhere.

Not sure if insulting us personally, or insulting bronies as a whole.....

I chuckled when i saw the words CLOP, and as seen in the comments so far, i'm not the only one who thought of the other type of clop. Still, seems frustrating. Now all we need is Michael of Rage Quit to play this.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here