Australian Police Commissioner Blames Games for Knife Violence

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Wouldn't have even paid him any mind if I didn't know in my heart that a lot of people believe that nonsense. Just to give you a bit of perspective, my mother didn't want my brother and I playing Dungeons and Dragons because it was "satanist". It's something we're going to have to put up with for at least another generation...

Well, hes australian.....

Probably the best response to Scipione's ridiculous statement was Kotaku Australia's article here.

WouldYouKindly:
Aussie police commissioner: Shit, crime ticked up a little bit. Quick! Find something to blame it on that old people will agree with!

Interestingly, crime rates themselves haven't risen all that much, the form of crime has just shifted slightly.

Of course he does. This is Australia, the country that gave the world Michael Atkinson and charges $110 for new releases...

Don't get me wrong, I'm Australian, and I love it here. It's just our attitude towards games seems to be a little backward.

Well also it could be due to most Aussies at night being drunken racist assholes but if this guy is right it'll be even worse in this glorious country when these games are released

This guy would probably have a heart attack if he knew about "teabagging".

How many games even reward you for raping? More importantly, how many of those are even in australia? This guy needs to get his head on right, something's clearly wrong.

DVS BSTrD:
Don't worry!
Crocodile Dundee will set those crazy kids right!

I feel obliged to add:

Also, this man deserves the boot for creating non-news.

SL33TBL1ND:
Probably the best response to Scipione's ridiculous statement was Kotaku Australia's article here.

EDIT: Looking at the Kotaku article on the subject, where there is a photo of the gentleman responsible, he does look like a drunken racist arsehole to be fair.

So he's probably contributing to knife crime more than GTA.

nikki191:
knife crime because here in australia due to gun control if there is going to be an assault it would more than likely have to involve a knife and not a gun.

Nikki191 you're correct and this is why gun control laws are bullshit. People that want to
commit crime will use what ever tools they have available to do so. Like when a small group
of people highjacked a couple of airplanes with BOX CUTTERS and then flew them in to the
World Trade Center. Which by the way killed alot more people than any idiot that has gone
on a shooting spree here in the USA.

Baron_Rouge:
...It's just our attitude towards games seems to be a little backward.

A LITTLE? Manual transmission in cars is a LITTLE backward! The Australian government attitudes on games is back in the stone age compared to the rest of the world!

malakaira:

Is it wrong that I laughed at that?

But everyone know that the melee combat in video games sucks!

I've seen japanese games that reward rape. Otehr than that... are there any?!

This is such a dead horse. -.-

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or