Crytek: There Isn't Enough Interest in TimeSplitters 4

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Loved the Timesplitter games. Especailly if your some one that needs to shoot at gingerbread men or kill space men with a monkey. No other game has as much imagination in level design and character design as Timesplitters had.

So, instead of voicing who wants it on your site, branch out a bit. Poll on here or Kotaku or IGN or other big computer game sites. What about a demo on LIVE/PSN or Wii to see what people think? What about a re release of the last game?

Isn't enough interest? How much more interest can a game involving aliens, monkeys, zombies, robots and girls in tight hot pants generate? Bring it back already, R One Oh Seven must ride again.

SycoMantis91:
I'll tell you what TimeSplitters 4 has more interest than... CRYSIS 3

Agreed. Cortez > Prophet, or whatever his name was in the second one.

Oh come on Crytek are you that bad at marketing, if the interest isn't there yet then you bloody well make it.
A whole bunch more people would be begging for this game if it was ever marketed on a bigger scale, hell even I didn't know about it until a couple of years ago.

You could always do a kickstarter :P

Not enough interest?

Clearly they aren't looking hard enough. Just because one blog doesn't get enough interest doesn't mean there arn't many more looking forward to the game.

Infact, I've seen more people talk about Timesplitters 4 on Facebook (and I was surprised by some friends who I wouldn't have considered big gamers) this week than I saw for any other game in recent memory.

The Last Nomad:
Not enough interest?

Clearly they aren't looking hard enough. Just because one blog doesn't get enough interest doesn't mean there arn't many more looking forward to the game.

Infact, I've seen more people talk about Timesplitters 4 on Facebook (and I was surprised by some friends who I wouldn't have considered big gamers) this week than I saw for any other game in recent memory.

I've found that Timesplitters is a game that is almost universally loved by all, even none gamers seem to love it. Everyone I showed the games to bought it, and you couldn't go a friends house without a multi-adaptor and a spare controller because everyone would want to 4 player split screen.

The Artificially Prolonged:
Isn't enough interest? How much more interest can a game involving aliens, monkeys, zombies, robots and girls in tight hot pants generate? Bring it back already, R One Oh Seven must ride again.

SycoMantis91:

Agreed. Cortez > Prophet, or whatever his name was in the second one.

I don't even know. Who cares enough to remember? I'm much more interested in a game than a graphical dick-waving contest.

Grey Carter:
getting your attention

http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ?ref=stream

this facebook page has gotten some recognition from crytek and currently stands at just over 29,000 likes.

according to one source;

Former Free Radical member Graeme Norgate, the composer on previous TimeSplitter games, says he'll contribute a victory theme song to the campaign if it reaches its goal of 100,000 fans. A senior Crytek artist also says he'll contribute a character design for TimeSplitters if they can get more than 1,000 likes on the Facebook page.

so i guess we have a concept sketch at least.

so help out the cause ladies and gentlemen or it may never be time to split ever again.

oh and my opinion of the article is that of the Undead Priest

"I'M ALL STEAMED UP..."

It saddens me that this gets a news story, but the formation of the one group that can save Timesplitters didn't. Right- to business:

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I have gathered you all here because at one stage or another, you have praised the Timesplitters series, either once, or repeatedly. At this moment, Timesplitters' greatest ever chance of meeting a succesful revival hangs in the balance. Under the supervision of Crytek and Cevat Yerli himself, a group has sprung up to gauge the potential userbase of a fourth Timesplitters game, made by Crytek UK.

Like the page. Get your families to like the page. Tell everyone you know who has played the game to like the page. Join in the discussions if you like. I'm sure I've missed a few names at the escapist who love Timesplitters, so tell them to like the page.

This is our greatest chance ever to have Timesplitters 4 recognised as a good idea. We must band together, swell our ranks, and bring back a beloved oasis of originality in a sea of First Person Mediocrity!

It is well and truly time... to Split.

http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ

Palademon:
WE DEMAND IT.
There's probably enough dedicated fans to make them break even.
I will buy an HD collection. I will buy the collector's edition.
I will buy ACTION FIGURES.

I JUST WANT IT.

You can sound perfectly imrpessive if you go "From the creators of Goldeneye (the first one that was awesome), powered by the technology behind Crysis".

We need this to show the industry unserious shooters can be good. Duke Nukem failed. You have to succeed.
My only worry is about the mentioned difference. Even if it is a retail release, it would be different because of the time passed and the fact not all of Free Radical moved to Crytek. We'd probably have ironsights and a jump button. Ew.

At least make the HD collection to test the waters. We'll all buy it, and we'll make our friends do it aswell. Much less risk than a full game out of nowhere, and we're all begging to play the games on our fresh controllers.

You are so much on the ball here it makes my heat hurt just trying to comprehend the vast amount of sense you're making. Well said.

Wait, I wasn't involved in this blog rally...I didn't even know about it. And I'm surely not the only one. That's not scientifically accurate!

Uh...ahem. I would be perfectly fine with a F2P Timesplitters. Seems like a good series for it, honestly, since sheer volume of crazy content has always been a strong point.

This is just his way of saying "don't feel like it". I can't remember how many times I've read devs saying "We'd totally love to, but you guys just don't want it enough!". It's a way of assigning blame to the players and acting like the victim in all this.

Besides, I sure as hell never saw anything about a blog asking if we wanted a Time Splitters 4. When Kojima wanted to know if people wanted Zone of the Enders 3, you know what he did? He made it publicly known! He didn't post it on some backwaters blog that he knew barely a fraction of the playerbase might know about.

Up yours, there's enough interest and you know it.

That said, I would freakin' LOVE a new TimeSplitters.

But... I don't want it being made by Crytek. Yes, I know, Crytek UK is pretty much all that's left of Free Radical, but I fear that there will be too much interference form "the higher uppers". Instead of a worthy TimeSplitters sequel, we'll just get something that will look like a lame Crysis mod.

I'm not changing my mind about that till I see a map maker (that allows you to create your own scenarios), about 40 different weapons, a line-up of more than 100 characters, at least 10 different multiplayer modes and some monkeys.

Maybe a large part of the problem is that Future Perfect was absolutely terrible. I'm a Timesplitters fan, and I'd love to see a next gen version, but inspired by the first 2 games.

I think though, a lot of what we liked about Timesplitters is in Team Fortress 2 and Borderlands - maybe people have grown out of Timesplitters. You have to think, why do you like it?, is it unique enough?, do you even want someone to ham-fistedly remake it with a next gen engine, and probably none of the elements that made it special.

I think that I'd rather see it made into an XBL game, like just a straight HD remake of the original game, as long as I can play it online and co-op, I'll buy it and be happy - there's no need for Crytek to disapoint me directly :).

To those at Crytek...

I LOVE TIMESPLITTERS. I have been demanding number 4 for years now. Who doesnt want a fun, humour filled fast paced shooter with memorable characters and gameplay....

Would it help If I promised to buy 10 copies?

Come on Yerli, don't screw the pooch twice.

There's a hell of a lot more interest in another Timesplitters than another goddamn Crysis.

How about you, you know don't try to make it a AAA shooter? That way you won't have to put so much damn money in it that it'll need to sell a bajillion copies just to break even which means you can make it as nutty as the originals.

At least put out an HD re-release to test the waters. Oh, and market it. Don't just release it without fucking telling anyone and then say "look, it failed, we said nobody wanted to buy it!" That's just crap.

Timesplitters is the best series of all goddamn time. My favorite series ever. I'd pay any amount of money for another one.

Dude, what?
Not enough interest....in..Timesplitters4?
Dude.....what?

I need to go lie down.

Gimme some timesplitters, I want to spend hours shooting by friends while playing as Jo-Beth Casey to mock them.

GIVE IT ME NOW YOU SHITS.

GenGenners:
Just give me a (not sucky) HD trilogy re-release.

Given Crytek's style, their social/F2P future, the fact that most if not all of the old Free Radical team is gone and the current industry's state in general, a Timesplitters 4 will undoubtedly suck all kinds man-parts.

I mean, the guy responsible for Timesplitters, David Doak, is now one the freaking MILLIONS of devs making crappy Facebook games. Timesplitters is officially dead. Asking Crytek to revive it is just going to lead to a terrible game that will forever stain the franchise's reputation.

Yeah, unfortunately, you're probably right. I'll gladly take an updated re-release for the PS3 and 360. Just remake the game, exactly the same way, maybe on the CryEngine 3, and re-release it. Do the remaking exactly like what Croteam did for Serious Sam HD.

Uh, Crytek, isn't it kinda YOUR job to MAKE interest higher? Perhaps you could just focus on making a fantastic game that can be successful on it's own merits, rather than try to coast on the nostalgic interest of the fans of previous installments.

I don't think it's unreasonable to rely on a pre-established fanbase to make up a chunk of your sales, but when you keep a series in hibernation this long, you can't fairly expect the fanbase to have just been sitting on the edge of their seats this entire time.

Honestly, just make a great game, advertise it well, and the fans will come, both old and new. I know that's FAR easier said than done, but its probably your best bet.

(An HD collection wouldn't hurt either)

SycoMantis91:

I wish. Timesplitters being a last-gen series, and a fairly poorly advertised one at that, it's only going to lose popularity as time goes on. I don't know where he expects additional interest to come from.

But... but TimeSplitters was SO MUCH FUN. Future Perfect still holds a place in my heart as best FPS. When everyone else was all into their Halos, it was nice to play a game with characters, levels, game modes, and many weapons.

Timesplitters is one of the very few FPSs I like, give me a female player skin option and I'll happily buy it

I hate to bring it up again, but just in case there is ANYONE here who missed it- click this and HELP BRING TIMESPLITTERS BACK! This is our best chance right here! under supervision of Crytek itself!

http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ

Not enough interest in TimeSplitters? What Yerli, are you high? Market it well and you've got yourself a fortune here! Not only will we who love TimeSplitters already be running to get it, the unknowing ones will also be enlightened!

What it boils down to, I WANT A NEW TIMESPLITTERS DAMNIT!

This, coming from a company that thinks graphics are the only thing that matters.

Oh come on, this whole article is just flame bait.

I personally enjoyed Timesplitters (2 or 3), but it'd need to be more than just a multiplayer shooter if I'm to pick it up.

Podunk:
But... but TimeSplitters was SO MUCH FUN. Future Perfect still holds a place in my heart as best FPS. When everyone else was all into their Halos, it was nice to play a game with characters, levels, game modes, and many weapons.

And Halo doesn't have that stuff? If you preferred TS to Halo then whatever, but Halo has as much as or even more content than TS.

Cevat Yerli:" and by enough interest i mean MY interest in the title..."

Vivi22:
Maybe Timesplitters fans such as myself would have shown more interest if anyone knew or cared that this guy had a blog.

This. So much this.

Why does this guy think we follow his stupid blog? I like Timesplitters and would buy Timesplitters 4, but I'm not going to read the guy's blog hoping for news about it.

There are games that I dream about coming out, but I don't follow the creators' blogs.

The guy needs a better method for tracking interest. Cause his blog ain't it.

You "might" have some surprises concerning TS4, Yerli? How about you shut up about TS4 unless you actually HAVE SOME SURPRISES AND/OR NEWS.

I'm getting really sick of Crytek giving us all these cryptic responses that in the end mean absolutely nothing and considering that's all they've given us the last two or three years only to say "derp, it's not in development"? Yeah, thanks Yerli. Thanks for reminding us of the constant middle finger to the fans clamoring for this title for several years now.

CardinalPiggles:

Podunk:

And Halo doesn't have that stuff? If you preferred TS to Halo then whatever, but Halo has as much as or even more content than TS.

No it doesn't.

First, when the previous poster says many weapons, he (or she) means that you could carry more than two of them at once. You could in fact carry all eight (or was it nine?) at once.

Secondly, Future Perfect had a level creator (on the PS2 version anyway) that allowed for one to create new multiplayer levels.

Thirdly, Future Perfect had... something like 150 playable characters. You want to play as a giant, zombie deer? Future Perfect has you covered. Want to play as a strangely small T-Rex? Sure thing. Want to play as a snow man? Yup. Want to play as a Chimp? FP has four different playable Chimp models.

Halo can't match that.

The demand for timesplitters is not yet great enough so they are leaving it in stasis until the time when a lot more people want it. What?. They expect demand to grow while they do nothing with the IP?

I always love threads like this.

Inevitably the all descend into the same argument.

'Oh my god, me and my fifty closest internet friends all like this game, so that must mean that it's reasonable to expect the developers to devote large amounts of time and resources to making a new one!'

Bara_no_Hime:

Vivi22:
Maybe Timesplitters fans such as myself would have shown more interest if anyone knew or cared that this guy had a blog.

This. So much this.

Why does this guy think we follow his stupid blog? I like Timesplitters and would buy Timesplitters 4, but I'm not going to read the guy's blog hoping for news about it.

There are games that I dream about coming out, but I don't follow the creators' blogs.

The guy needs a better method for tracking interest. Cause his blog ain't it.

And of all people to follow in blog form, the CEO of Crytek? The only series they have that interests me is Timesplitters, and I frequently forget they own it now. I'm not going to follow a blog about a company I don't care about in the hopes they announce or ask about something I do. And so long as they're more interested in making Crysis sequels than making something interesting, I'll continue to show little interest in anything they have to say about their games.

Just ordered an used copy of Timesplitters: Future Perfect for Xbox from some shop. I hope it works. I've never played these games, except at a friends house many, many years ago. I remember that it was an awesome game though.

OT Well market the damn thing. And besides how can they expect that every single Timesplitters fan follows some blog. I've noticed that a lot of people want Timesplitters 4 on a variety of places. Just make the game and market it and it will sell a lot of copies.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 61069)