Dark Souls Port Brings Console Problems to PC

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

PatrickXD:
Bearing in mind I only read the first two pages of comments, and I'm sure that I'll just be repeating someone else's opinion, but why is this such a terrible thing?
PC gamers are now able to get the exact same thing as the 360 and PS3 players have. Minus the additional cost of the expansion, because you PC guys get that with the game! Honestly, complaining about them not adding anything is the very definition of being an entitled and impossible to reasonably satisfy consumer. The developers made this game with absolutely no intention of it being released on the PC. When the PC gamers said they really wanted the game, they were absolutely obliged. Here it is. You have exactly what you asked for to the damn pixel , with some free additional content .
Now quit your whining and die. Again and again.

Releasing a PC game without changing resolutions is like releasing a console game without support for any non-Samsung TV and with shoddy code so it runs at 7 FPS.

this has nothing to do with graphics, except basic optimization for a different platform. If you don't understand the tech, then you ask. You don't go around arguing a straw man of what you THINK is the problem.

I missed this in my Inbox earlier, but....

Lunar Templar:

if they can't then they need to pull the stick out of their asses and get over it :D

sides 'PC gamers' did ask for a port of a game, from a company that last i checked, doesn't really do PC games, if they where expecting perfection well, they can go back to Skyrim >.> oh wait ......

XD. Good points.

But when have gamers been happy with anything they're given. >.>

Zachary Amaranth:
I missed this in my Inbox earlier, but....

Lunar Templar:

if they can't then they need to pull the stick out of their asses and get over it :D

sides 'PC gamers' did ask for a port of a game, from a company that last i checked, doesn't really do PC games, if they where expecting perfection well, they can go back to Skyrim >.> oh wait ......

XD. Good points.

But when have gamers been happy with anything they're given. >.>

>.>
<.<

me or in general? cause in-general we are an ungrateful bunch that whine about anything, even when presented to us as we requested.

unless we're talking 'pc gamers', then, THOSE are entitled, whiny premadonnas that think they're better then every one else for no valid reason and constantly bitch about 'consoles holding things back' but really only mean 'holding graphics back so they can justify the totally unnecessary graphics card upgrade they just got'

If the frame rate stays at 30 FPS and doesn't drop, that's not too bad is it? Dark Souls is worth the compromise, right? The fact that you will be supporting a port that was driven by fan response is worth it, right?

The Eurogamer article I read said that it is very much a console experience ported to PC (due to the resolution and the 30 FPS cap), but that it is also the definitively best version of the game (due to the large amount of extra content and the lack of performance issues consoles had in places like Blight Town).

cursedseishi:
I wonder if Blight Town is going to be as choppy and buggy a mess for them as it was on the PS3 and 360... would only be fair!

Evilsanta:
Like the framedrop rate in Blighttown...

From the article I linked, just in case you're curious:

Eurogamer:
To cut to the chase, the frame-rate on consoles has always been a major area of complaint among Dark Souls fans, and the notorious Blight Town or New Londo Ruins areas are usually singled out as the big offenders. The implication of a PC release is obviously that all these problems can be tackled by the brute force of a faster CPU, and though there are very light hitches here and there, it's a relief to say Blight Town now plays without all the constant chugging. The improvement is staggering to those that endured the treacle-like pace of the area on PS3 and 360, already making this version a winning proposition.

I'm buying.

I signed the petition as i loved the game on ps3.
added multiplayer functionality (arena pvp), and new content.

I wanted it on pc, and now i'm getting this on pc :D

DustyDrB:

Eurogamer:
To cut to the chase, the frame-rate on consoles has always been a major area of complaint among Dark Souls fans, and the notorious Blight Town or New Londo Ruins areas are usually singled out as the big offenders. The implication of a PC release is obviously that all these problems can be tackled by the brute force of a faster CPU, and though there are very light hitches here and there, it's a relief to say Blight Town now plays without all the constant chugging. The improvement is staggering to those that endured the treacle-like pace of the area on PS3 and 360, already making this version a winning proposition.

Aw. Why didn't anyone post this sooner? It could have kept a lot of hot air and loud noises from being spouted off for no good reason.

I've never actually played Dark Souls, being preoccupied with TF2's TOBORS and God Hand, but knowing this still makes me feel relieved and superior. Although, the relieved part might just be because I went to the bathroom recently. That leaves the feeling of superiority to this news, though.

Angry Juju:

Sandjube:

Angry Juju:

You're completely wrong about the frame rate.

The human eye can only see as high as 60. However until it gets as low as about 25, you shouldn't notice much of a difference. It's probably just a placebo effect that you thought the game was really laggy and choppy (like seriously, Most of my friends play PC games at 30fps at most, none of us see anything laggy or choppy about the said games).

Also, I have two computers, I've tested them side by side. One of them plays games at 15-30 FPS, the other plays them at 60+. Unless the first computer dips to 15, there's literally no difference between the quality.

Edit: You know what my post was far too snarky and self-satisfied, honestly we're probably not going to agree and I can't be bothered being one of "those" escapists that argue with everyone so let's just drop it.

They didn't even intend to do a PC port in the first place... soo.. it's being entitled.

I don't even give two shits about that, I just think it's ridiculous that people are complaining about something they can barely even see. Don't kid yourself, 30FPS doesn't make much difference to anyone.

1. Go to this thread: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.385029-What-is-this-obsession-with-framerates-over-30FPS?page=2
2. Maybe read some comments, look at this perhaps: http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html or this http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/
3. Realise how you are wrong and gracefully let this argument die.
4. ???????
5. Profit.

TwentyPercentCooler:
I am a PC gamer. I always have been. I hate modern consoles with the unbridled fury of a thousand collapsing stars, and I hate what they and "social gaming" have done to the culture landscape surrounding video games. I hate crappy ports just as much as the next PC gamer - I wrote a letter to Bethesda about Skyrim and how disappointed I was at the state of the UI on the PC (seriously, different speeds for the x- and y-axis of a mouse?).

I still think this whole debate is a little ridiculous. The devs of this game didn't want to make a PC game, or they would have done it from the start. Reading between the lines, admitting inexperience was basically a warning, saying, "This probably isn't going to be a very good port." And it wasn't. Yes, it is the developers' fault. Yes, people should point out the specific features that PC gamers demand, like a myriad of resolution options, so that the developers can learn.

Getting angry and chewing them out, though, isn't the answer. It's only going to make them say, "Huh. Those PC gamers relentlessly demanded a port, even though we said we weren't really comfortable with the platform. Now that we've made one, they're angrier than a swarm of bees with a smashed hive? See if we ever develop for the PC again." Thus, more developers refuse to primarily develop for the PC, and the cycle continues.

TL;DR: You are not helping.

I asked you a fairly specific question about where the conversation was supposed to stop. I also asked you a fairly direct question about whether or not you think the deadline has had anything to do with the quality of the port. This "Hey, check out something else we may or may not have in common!" shtick isn't something that helps your argument in any even vaguely direct sense. Answer the questions.

Given that the developers by default are at least somewhat proficient as far as PCs go simply because they spend their working days, most of the 200+ of them, sitting their asses in front of a monitor and doing shit, I refuse to accept this claim that they need shit like different resolutions to be actually pointed out. If they're half as competent as people think they are, they know it perfectly god damn well. What they need is a kick in the ass to learn that dipping below 2004 standards is lazy to a shameful level. Of course, apart from the harsh words on some forums here and there, there is no kick coming to them in the foreseeable future.

This is where I go back to my original question. Do you think these people are actually incompetent enough not to be able to implement something as simple as a fucking resolution option, or did the deadline they were working with have something to do with it?

Define getting angry and chewing them out, and then explain exactly how someone on some forum actually has enough sway on them to get their poor little hearts offended to the point of them giving up on the platform.

As an addendum, they could have not even attempted creating a PC port. Frankly, I would not have been bothered by it. But now that they actually have, they are subject to the standards of this platform.

Hammeroj:
As an addendum, they could have not even attempted creating a PC port. Frankly, I would not have been bothered by it. But now that they actually have, they are subject to the standards of this platform.

I bet CD Projekt would kick themselves if they knew they could have half-arsed the 360 port of The Witcher 2, claimed platform inexperience, and have everyone be cool with it because they'd just be grateful for the game in any form.

Interesting thread, but I shall get back to playing Dark Souls now...

Hammeroj:

TwentyPercentCooler:
I am a PC gamer. I always have been. I hate modern consoles with the unbridled fury of a thousand collapsing stars, and I hate what they and "social gaming" have done to the culture landscape surrounding video games. I hate crappy ports just as much as the next PC gamer - I wrote a letter to Bethesda about Skyrim and how disappointed I was at the state of the UI on the PC (seriously, different speeds for the x- and y-axis of a mouse?).

I still think this whole debate is a little ridiculous. The devs of this game didn't want to make a PC game, or they would have done it from the start. Reading between the lines, admitting inexperience was basically a warning, saying, "This probably isn't going to be a very good port." And it wasn't. Yes, it is the developers' fault. Yes, people should point out the specific features that PC gamers demand, like a myriad of resolution options, so that the developers can learn.

Getting angry and chewing them out, though, isn't the answer. It's only going to make them say, "Huh. Those PC gamers relentlessly demanded a port, even though we said we weren't really comfortable with the platform. Now that we've made one, they're angrier than a swarm of bees with a smashed hive? See if we ever develop for the PC again." Thus, more developers refuse to primarily develop for the PC, and the cycle continues.

TL;DR: You are not helping.

I asked you a fairly specific question about where the conversation was supposed to stop. I also asked you a fairly direct question about whether or not you think the deadline has had anything to do with the quality of the port. This "Hey, check out something else we may or may not have in common!" shtick isn't something that helps your argument in any even vaguely direct sense. Answer the questions.

Given that the developers by default are at least somewhat proficient as far as PCs go simply because they spend their working days, most of the 200+ of them, sitting their asses in front of a monitor and doing shit, I refuse to accept this claim that they need shit like different resolutions to be actually pointed out. If they're half as competent as people think they are, they know it perfectly god damn well. What they need is a kick in the ass to learn that dipping below 2004 standards is lazy to a shameful level. Of course, apart from the harsh words on some forums here and there, there is no kick coming to them in the foreseeable future.

This is where I go back to my original question. Do you think these people are actually incompetent enough not to be able to implement something as simple as a fucking resolution option, or did the deadline they were working with have something to do with it?

Define getting angry and chewing them out, and then explain exactly how someone on some forum actually has enough sway on them to get their poor little hearts offended to the point of them giving up on the platform.

I wouldn't believe for a minute that a modern game developer would be too incompetent to know how to implement an option to change resolutions, unless it's some kind of insane engine limitation. I also think that a 30 FPS cap was a bad idea, because HDTVs and computer monitors display things in a totally different manner. 30 FPS is going to look terrible, especially in an action-heavy title.

As for your other question, debating which is better, PC or console, is sort of like debating whether your plate of garbage from the corner dumpster tastes worse than the plate of garbage being eaten by the person next to you. It should have stopped before it started, because it's a pointless argument. This thread is about the very specific deficiencies of a particular game.

You do know that companies actually now hire people specifically for the purpose of getting involved in social media and the internet? Companies are more attuned to the attitude and wishes of the public than ever, regardless of whether or not they actually give a damn about either. I don't think their delicate little flowery sensibilities are going to be offended by people kvetching on a forum, but at the same time, backlash like this is at least a part of why some developers don't think making PC games is worth it anymore. You're absolutely right, they didn't have to make a PC port at all, and I'm guessing that right now they wish they hadn't. Standards, on a PC, are sort of nebulous. Either way, they can work to fix it, or they can hide in a corner and forget the PC port exists. My opinion is that the former option is probably more likely if they're not being targeted by the Internet Hate MachineTM.

Sandjube:

Angry Juju:

Sandjube:

Edit: You know what my post was far too snarky and self-satisfied, honestly we're probably not going to agree and I can't be bothered being one of "those" escapists that argue with everyone so let's just drop it.

They didn't even intend to do a PC port in the first place... soo.. it's being entitled.

I don't even give two shits about that, I just think it's ridiculous that people are complaining about something they can barely even see. Don't kid yourself, 30FPS doesn't make much difference to anyone.

1. Go to this thread: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.385029-What-is-this-obsession-with-framerates-over-30FPS?page=2
2. Maybe read some comments, look at this perhaps: http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html or this http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/
3. Realise how you are wrong and gracefully let this argument die.
4. ???????
5. Profit.

I'm right.

Seen it before, and there is literally such a small difference between 30 and 60 that no one can honestly say that it's worth whining about. People just want something to complain about.

If you think that 30FPS is incredibly choppy and laggy then frankly you're just being a spoiled brat.

Can the PC crowd just shut up and take what they asked for? Just this once? You whined and complained that you couldn't play the game on console (for some reason still beyond me, somehow just using a console wasn't an option?) You whined more when they decided to use games for windows live. And now you're complaining that you're not getting and overall improvement to the game despite getting extra content not only for free, but earlier?

Just shut up for your own sake already. You've already made things a pain for the devs, do you think they'll listen to you again in future if you continue to bitch over every little thing?

If there was ever a reason for the PC crowd to be ashamed, it's this. Seriously, if you don't like a game how about you just don't buy it rather than bitch constantly like entilted idiots. Newsflash, you're entilted to nothing. You haven't supported Dark Souls, you've done nothing but bitch about it. If the company decided to turn around and say "No port for you" they'd be well within their rights (and I wouldn't blame them at this point, even if they gave the PC port everything they asked for they would still find something to complain about).

Dexter111:

Angry Juju:

Yes it does, but that's not even the worst thing about it, but the decresed resolution is ridiculous.

It will look all blurry and horrible because the Aspect Ratio is all wrong to start with and the image will likely be internally stretched from 1024x720 to 1280x720 and then upscaled to 1920x1080...
http://www.gamersglobal.de/sites/gamersglobal.de/files/redaktion/Angetestet/DarkSouls_PC/darksouls_pc_grafik.jpg

Here's an example of the game Xenoblade being rendered at a lower internal resolution and upscaled as a result: http://www.abload.de/img/sx4e01-2j2p92.png
And being rendered natively at 1080p: http://www.abload.de/img/sx4e01-3izotz.png

And Dark Souls will likely be worse/blurrier/jagged since they will have to change the AR.

The worst thing about it though is that this is basic stuff and not really anything incredibly hard. They are using the Phyre Engine for instance that a lot of other titles use, it's a cross-platform engine developed by SCEA (including some PC titles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhyreEngine )
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/game-engine-phyreengine
http://www.giantbomb.com/phyreengine/92-6683/games/

Including DeathSpank and Burn Zombie Burn! or Shatter... Those are Indie games made by what seems to be companies of 20-30 people (who didn't all work on the game) and they seemed to have managed fine, yet FROM Software, a company with over 200 employees and an "AAA" game selling like 2 million copies can't fucking manage to do these things?

This doesn't even HAVE anything to do with "graphics" as some of you people don't seem to understand, nobody asked for "DirectX 11 features" or even higher poly models or higher res textures, it's about the pure technicality of the renderer using the base display resolution instead of some arbitrary lower one and scaling up from there, which looks like if someone put a blur filter on your screen and smudged your glasses instead of having a sharp/clear image.
Frankly it's a rather inane thing to do, which is why a lot of people are bewildered by this, since there hasn't been a port that has done anything like this in like 10 years, even some of the worst ports that you will get in threads like "Worst Ports Ever" like Saint's Row 2 or Resident Evil 4 will let you choose your display resolution...

PS: Super Meat Boy, League of Legends, Terraria, even MineCraft etc. all have resolution options and run at over 60FPS.

Please reread my original post, absorb the point i'm making in the second paragraph, then make a response that's relevant. Never did I say that the resolution was the same quality.

Valdus:
For some reason still beyond me, somehow just using a console wasn't an option?

People with PCs and not consoles wanted the game ported because they... you know... don't have a console? Are you implying people should buy a console to play a game, rather than ask for a port? Can I have some of your infinite money lol.

TwentyPercentCooler:
I wouldn't believe for a minute that a modern game developer would be too incompetent to know how to implement an option to change resolutions, unless it's some kind of insane engine limitation. I also think that a 30 FPS cap was a bad idea, because HDTVs and computer monitors display things in a totally different manner. 30 FPS is going to look terrible, especially in an action-heavy title.

Okay.

As for your other question, debating which is better, PC or console, is sort of like debating whether your plate of garbage from the corner dumpster tastes worse than the plate of garbage being eaten by the person next to you. It should have stopped before it started, because it's a pointless argument. This thread is about the very specific deficiencies of a particular game.

Aside from the nonsense analogy, you failed to understand the dynamic of the conversation present in this thread, and instead tried to address a generic PC vs. console thread. I even gave you a rough outline. Saying it should have stopped before it started is saying nobody is allowed to criticize the glorious game of the people.

You do know that companies actually now hire people specifically for the purpose of getting involved in social media and the internet? Companies are more attuned to the attitude and wishes of the public than ever, regardless of whether or not they actually give a damn about either. I don't think their delicate little flowery sensibilities are going to be offended by people kvetching on a forum, but at the same time, backlash like this is at least a part of why some developers don't think making PC games is worth it anymore. You're absolutely right, they didn't have to make a PC port at all, and I'm guessing that right now they wish they hadn't. Standards, on a PC, are sort of nebulous. Either way, they can work to fix it, or they can hide in a corner and forget the PC port exists. My opinion is that the former option is probably more likely if they're not being targeted by the Internet Hate MachineTM.

You either think they're going to get offended, and that that's a problem, or you don't. You don't get to say "Of course I don't think that", and then say the same thing in different terms.

The bottom line is they are getting a very clear message, if indeed they care, that their product is severely sub-par on an effort level. And here's what I think. Unless you hammer this point in, they're going to have less of an obligation to improve. Better ports cost more money, and the smaller the outcry, the less a publisher cares about spending more money to please.

I honestly want to understand how you picture their thought process. "Sir, people all over the interwebs are saying that the PC port for Dark Souls is a shitty effort!" "What? How dare they, we assigned 5 people for a whole of 6 months, spent 200,000 dollars and already got the money back several times over from preorders! We did a magnificent job and we are poorly rewarded for it! That's it, no more ports for the PC." What is it do you think they take away from these forum posts? That people don't want them to make games for PC?

Lol at people in this thread implying PC gamers are too picky.

First of all, internal resolution of 1024x720 is terrible. Playing on a console, on a TV, from a distance, it looks fine. On a PC desk with a good monitor, you're closer to the screen, and are used to much higher resolutions. I have a 1440p 27" monitor (that's a resolution of 2560x1440), playing a game at an internal resolution of 1024x720 would not only look like absolute arse when stretched to my full resolution (extremely blurry) but would impact on gameplay because it will actually be difficult to properly see whats happening on the screen during faster sections (I don't know a great deal about the game, but as far as I know its quite a fast-paced game). This is not hyperbole. Even going down to 1080p on my monitor makes a very noticeable difference on image quality and impacts on my experience and immersion too, because the internal res is literally stretched out to your native res.

I also haven't played any console port in recent memory that didn't allow me to use 1440p. It's a very standard option to allow the full spectrum of resolutions on PC games and not exactly time-consuming or difficult to program. It's laziness.

a 30 fps cap is less of a deal breaker, but still unacceptable. When you're used to a 60fps cap (with vsync) or higher (without) the difference is very noticable. Again, console gamers don't notice this because 30fps caps are very common, but for someone who plays at higher frames you really do notice what a huge difference it makes. and again, not difficult at all to allow your game to go to higher frames and something very standard on ports.

No one's demanding they give us super high res textures and DX11 and everything else (I consider all those things a lovely bonus, nothing more). Just that they put a tiny bit of effort into their port so it's up to standard.

These problems will almost certainly be fixed very quickly by the community anyway, probably through editing ini files to setup higher resolutions and remove vsync so there's no frame cap. But if that's the case why the hell should anyone give them money when they obviously don't give a shit about their own port?

Valdus:
Can the PC crowd just shut up and take what they asked for? Just this once? You whined and complained that you couldn't play the game on console (for some reason still beyond me, somehow just using a console wasn't an option?) You whined more when they decided to use games for windows live. And now you're complaining that you're not getting and overall improvement to the game despite getting extra content not only for free, but earlier?

Just shut up for your own sake already. You've already made things a pain for the devs, do you think they'll listen to you again in future if you continue to bitch over every little thing?

If there was ever a reason for the PC crowd to be ashamed, it's this. Seriously, if you don't like a game how about you just don't buy it rather than bitch constantly like entilted idiots. Newsflash, you're entilted to nothing. You haven't supported Dark Souls, you've done nothing but bitch about it. If the company decided to turn around and say "No port for you" they'd be well within their rights (and I wouldn't blame them at this point, even if they gave the PC port everything they asked for they would still find something to complain about).

I said this once, I'll say it again.

Releasing a PC game without changing resolutions is like releasing a console game without support for any non-Samsung TV and with shoddy code so it runs at 7 FPS.

This has nothing to do with graphics, except basic optimization for a different platform.

If you don't understand the tech, then you ask. You don't go around arguing a straw man of what you don't even understand.

Ultratwinkie:

This has nothing to do with graphics, except basic optimization for a different platform.

If you don't understand the tech, then you ask. You don't go around arguing a straw man of what you don't even understand.

I don't wish to argue the specifics, but your analogy is off in that Dark Souls will run at 30fps for the vast majority of gaming PCs. It won't run ABOVE 30fps, but computers with better hardware than the 360 will not have the same framerate problems that the 360 had. It'll only be capped.

Your '7fps' mention is a strawman, but otherwise I've no problem with your argument, even if I disagree with the strength or seriousness of it.

chadachada123:

Ultratwinkie:

I don't wish to argue the specifics, but your analogy is off in that Dark Souls will run at 30fps for the vast majority of gaming PCs. It won't run ABOVE 30fps, but computers with better hardware than the 360 will not have the same framerate problems that the 360 had. It'll only be capped.

Your '7fps' mention is a strawman, but otherwise I've no problem with your argument, even if I disagree with the strength or seriousness of it.

I seen 30 FPS caps before, any dip in FPS would go into the red zones. Overlord had a 30 FPS cap at launch and it CHUGGED for every PC gamer at launch. Everything was slow, and looked like a video of reactive screenshots.

So the 7 FPS analogy does work.

Ultratwinkie:

I seen 30 FPS caps before, any dip in FPS would go into the red zones. Overlord had a 30 FPS cap at launch and it CHUGGED for every PC gamer at launch. Everything was slow, and looked like a video of reactive screenshots.

So the 7 FPS analogy does work.

I think that you're being a little hyperbolic, because several reviewers have said that what they've played of the PC version does not suffer nearly the same framerate issues that the console version does.

The point remains that PC gamers will still be getting a version with a higher fps during stressful scenarios than the console version, and in my opinion we should at least wait until the game is released to say if it will be as bad as Overlord's problems.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/09/hands-on-dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition/

I love that the finally relent and give into PC gamer's demands to release a PC version than do everything they can do sabotage its potential success.

Mygaffer:
I love that the finally relent and give into PC gamer's demands to release a PC version than do everything they can do sabotage its potential success.

I guess it's their "artistic license" at work.
Like I said before: if they want to release a product in a different market, don't treat that market as second-rate.

I programmed a handler to change the resolution in Quake 2 back before we had front-end renderers for it. Unless the framerate and resolution is intimately tied to the game's mechanics (I fucking hope it isn't) this is NOT something that takes a great deal of skill, time or effort to implement.

rhizhim:

but the glorious "pc gaming master race" has found ways to fix things.

And they still bitch about the games anyway. Exactly my point in the first place.

Really I read this thread and I feel the urge to grind my teeth. I am really getting tired of all of this, snapping at each other over every little thing. Also strawman is quickly becoming the new entitled on this website. I mean people got on my ass when I didn't like the ME3 ending, but THIS is aceptable to complain about? I...ugh, sometimes these threads give me a headache.

Zachary Amaranth:

rhizhim:

but the glorious "pc gaming master race" has found ways to fix things.

And they still bitch about the games anyway. Exactly my point in the first place.

my point is that gamers in general like to bitch around.
it doesnt matter if they are on a console, on a computer or a handheld device.

the computer gamers on the other hand have the possibility to work on it unlike the console and handheld gamers that are restricted due to the limitations of their devices.

in essence it is the same statement as yours.
i am only pointing out that the "bitching" you are connecting to the "pc gamer master race" isnt a trait only found in pc gamers, but in all gamers.

if you are upset to see gamers bitch about a game, than i got very bad news for you for the rest of your gamer life.

erttheking:
Really I read this thread and I feel the urge to grind my teeth. I am really getting tired of all of this, snapping at each other over every little thing. Also strawman is quickly becoming the new entitled on this website. I mean people got on my ass when I didn't like the ME3 ending, but THIS is aceptable to complain about? I...ugh, sometimes these threads give me a headache.

People got tired with the hate on the ME3 ending because people kept spamming threads about it, and they were all essentially either generic complaints, or a post that some person made on a different thread that they thought deserved its own thread.

Scarim Coral:
Oh great, when I decided to pre-order this game, it gave me a good reason for me to cancel it and I'm quite tempting to do so right now. Ah forget it, I still gonna get it, I mean it's still the same game therefore nothing has been lost right?

The experience will be worse. You're much closer to the screen when playing on a PC, which is why both FPS and resolution is more important. Add this to the fact that the rez of the game wil not be native to your screen and you'll have a game that will be considerably less fun to play on PC than consoles.

The Plunk:
"Oh no, 30 fps! Whatever will we doooooooooooooooooooooo?!"

The game was perfectly playable on consoles.
The game will be the same, if not slightly better, on PC.
Therefore it will be perfectly playable on PC.

The experience will be worse. You're much closer to the screen when playing on a PC, which is why both FPS and resolution is more important. Add this to the fact that the rez of the game wil not be native to your screen and you'll have a game that will be considerably less fun to play on PC than consoles.

If it's really so flipping ripping dang fang rotten zarg barga ding donging bad, why is it seven spots above Modern Warfare 3 on Steam's Top Sellers list (at time of writing)?

Angry Juju:

erttheking:

People got tired with the hate on the ME3 ending because people kept spamming threads about it, and they were all essentially either generic complaints, or a post that some person made on a different thread that they thought deserved its own thread.

Oh, so the complaints on this thread aren't generic? I highly disagree.

I soo hope this game bombs somewhat, so that from then on, producers and developers can point to this game and tell PC gamers to shut their whiny traps. And the next souls game will be console exclusive again.

Calibanbutcher:
I soo hope this game bombs somewhat, so that from then on, producers and developers can point to this game and tell PC gamers to shut their whiny traps. And the next souls game will be console exclusive again.

Until Gabe Newell rolls along in his money-cart, in which case they'll bitch about how PC gamers are so "mean" to them.

And nothing of value would have been lost. An incompetent company that doesn't have the sense to use kick starter, doesn't even deserve to make games for the Wii.

No 1080p, uses GFWL, Is locked at 30 FPS, Optimised for controllers.

This is a cash grab plain and simple aimed at the people who down own consoles what they can't seem to get their heads around though is

- The people this is aimed at (who don't own consoles) will spit it out like someone eating mud the first time having been accustomed to chocolate.

- The people who have a console will just buy it on console.

If I wanted the console experience I would have bought it on console. There is no excuse for this take it back and try a bit harder next time but we know what will happen, if this bombs like I hope it will they will probably just blame piracy.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here