Infinity Blade, Now With Added Politics

Infinity Blade, Now With Added Politics

Vote!!! The Game may be the most accurate simulation of the political process to date.

In case you've missed the wailing and chest thumping that's currently flooding the media, the US of A is currently gearing up for a presidential election. The problem is, while people love talking about elections, they're not so good at taking part in them; the States has a notoriously poor voter turnout record.

Epic and Chair are doing their part to promote democracy by releasing Vote!!! The Game, a free iOS "cartoon-style political slugfest," which pits political caricatures against one another in Infinity Blade style sword fights.

Like Infinity Blade before it, Vote is essentially a modern rendition of the classic Punchout formula. Players can choose from a selection of political personalities, including cartoon versions of both Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama, outfit them in ludicrous costumes and have them beat the snot out of each other with microphones, sparklers and balloon swords. It's essentially a more dignified version of the actual presidential debates.

Vote was made at the behest of Rock The Vote, an organization that strives to get young Americans off their couches and into the voting booths. During its 20-plus-years of operation, the organization has managed to register more than 5 million young voters, 2.5 million of which registered for the 2008 election.

Source: Vote: The Game

I am now imagining a version where David Cameron and Nick Clegg have a punch up in a pub carpark. Boris Johnson would be the announcer.

Boris Johnson would win, dammit.

GenGenners:
I am now imagining a version where David Cameron and Nick Clegg have a punch up in a pub carpark. Boris Johnson would be the announcer.

Boris Johnson would win, dammit.

wrong, Arnie would. :P

Boris would win by thwacking them both with his bike.

Then John Prescott comes out of retirement and everybody loses!

PS. I would vote in the US elections, if I were a US citizen of course. Remember that voter apathy leads to George Bush!

I look forwards to the day when American presidential races lose the pretense and just flat out become thunder dome.

Vote was made at the behest of Rock The Vote, an organization that strives to get young Americans off their couches and into the voting booths. During its 20-plus-years of operation, the organization has managed to register more than 5 million young voters, 2.5 million of which registered for the 2008 election.

Wow, that is incredibly impressive and a very cool use of video games.

fix-the-spade:
Remember that voter apathy leads to George Bush!

Shaving a chimp leads to George Bush.
The question is what leads to voter apathy: is it just laziness or do most people realize that both parties are just PR firms for their various corporate interests & don't really give a crap about their constituents?

I just appreciate that we've gone back to the mindset where someone can make a game like this without being called a treasonous terrorist.

I get the feeling the real Barak Obama would prefer a demolition derby, anything to avoid actually standing up for himself.

GonzoGamer:

fix-the-spade:
Remember that voter apathy leads to George Bush!

Shaving a chimp leads to George Bush.
The question is what leads to voter apathy: is it just laziness or do most people realize that both parties are just PR firms for their various corporate interests & don't really give a crap about their constituents?

I just appreciate that we've gone back to the mindset where someone can make a game like this without being called a treasonous terrorist.

It's only treason if the president's white (or American)

Vote with your fists? Woo!

I ended up voting with my fists once!
20 injured, 5 unconscious, and a great big police parade was exactly what came with it.

Sadly, I was also informed that my punching the voting machines did not register my vote for my favorite minority candidate, Ser Punchingham of Brawlington, Painsylvania.

The presidential race is already a freak show. So, why not?

The Graphics in this game are pretty unreal, yet still the Cartoon version of Mitt Romney resembles a human being more closely than the actual Mitt Romney.

Political Joke #1

It's essentially a more dignified version of the actual presidential debates.

Oh Grey.. :3

Strikes again!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or