Borderlands 2 Soundtrack Will Rock Your Socks

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Borderlands 2 Soundtrack Will Rock Your Socks

The Borderlands 2 soundtrack features a serious lineup of heavyweight talent.

I'm not what you'd call a big Borderlands fan. I actually just got around to trying the original a couple nights ago. It's fun enough, I suppose, if a little bit thin, but certainly nothing that has me ready to throw preorder money at the upcoming Borderlands 2. But the Borderlands 2 soundtrack? That's a different story.

The Borderlands 2 Original Soundtrack will feature 23 tracks composed by Jesper Kyd, Cris Velasco and Sascha Dikiciyan, with additional music from Gearbox's own Raison Varner. This is pretty huge stuff for videogame music nerds: Kyd has done the soundtracks for for Hitman, Assassin's Creed, Darksiders II, Freedom Fighters (for which he won GameSpot's 2003 "Soundtrack of the Year" award) and numerous other games, while Dikiciyan and Velasco have been collaborating since the 2006 release of Splinter Cell: Double Agent and have Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Hellgate: London, Prototype, Darksiders, Mass Effect 3 and many others to their credit.

That, as they say, is a hell of a lineup.

As for Varner, he's not a big-time music guy like the other three but he's got credits with Gearbox going all the way back to Prey, and that makes him okay in my book. The Borderlands 2 soundtrack is available for preorder now at Amazon and is scheduled for release on September 18, the same day that Borderlands 2 itself hits the shelves.

Quite the lineup indeed, think I'll have to add this to my game music collection come September.

Thank god. For a moment, I thought the whole soundtrack was gonna be nothing but that wub-wub shit from the trailer.

I'm pretty sure I don't know any of them by name.

Gearhead mk2:
Thank god. For a moment, I thought the whole soundtrack was gonna be nothing but that wub-wub shit from the trailer.

It's not too late...>.>

Ok, now im sure the last thing i need to know to decide whether the sequel is a total improvement over the original is the full plot.

And i cant get that until next month. Not stopped me from preordering though.

Jesper Kyd is fucking awesome.

I still listen to Hitman 2's soundtrack regularly and it never gets old.

Jesper Kyd?

That guy is awesome.

One the biggest improvements of Darksiders 2 was the soundtrack, that was all down to Kyd.

I love Jesper Kyd, that guy has amazing talent, and it's the main reason why I listen to the Assassin Creed soundtrack a lot. They're so good!

Cris Velasco is also just as good.

So getting this, it will be an ear-gasm! :D

I look forward to hearing it.

As above average vg soundtracks go... check out Bastion.
Oh yes that is Ron Peralman.

Gearhead mk2:

I like Dubstep but you're not wrong, hearing that all throughout gameplay would get on my nerves.

Fiz_The_Toaster:
I love Jesper Kyd, that guy has amazing talent, and it's the main reason why I listen to the Assassin Creed soundtrack a lot. They're so good!

Tell me about it, the guy has some serious talent.

Probably one of favourite tracks this generation (the second track is the same song, just remixed for racing :D).

Daystar Clarion:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Probably one of favourite tracks this generation.

That is my favorite track off the whole soundtrack and generation as well.

I always stop what I'm doing and just sit back and listen to it.

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Daystar Clarion:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

'It is a good life we live brother.'

'The best, may it never change.'

'And may it never change us...'

Dat foreshadowing :D

Daystar Clarion:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Daystar Clarion:

'It is a good life we live brother.'

'The best, may it never change.'

'And may it never change us...'

Dat foreshadowing :D

That part always kills me now every time I replay it, and the music just fits so well at that part.

This is just the same lineup as the first Borderlands soundtrack, except with a few less people (apparently).

Did the first Borderlands soundtrack also rock your socks with it's one hell of a lineup?

If the entirety of the first Borderlands, including it's sock rocking soundtrack (that you've already heard) by the same one hell of a lineup, wasn't enough to make you preorder Borderlands 2, then why would the revelation that the sequel will predictably feature a similar soundtrack (that you haven't heard yet) by the same people, make you suddenly decide to preorder it?

Where's the Cage the Elephant?

You had me at Jesper Kyd. The music fromm Freedom Fighters was amazing and was paramount to the atmosphere of the game.

nathan-dts:

Heh, yeah, they could've let them get in one song at least.

Haven't heard the Darksiders2 OST, but even if it was just Kyd, still probably would be a great soundtrack. I'm guessing this is a sort of response to the Mass Effect 3 soundtrack which had also a mini super squad of composers (although the brilliant Jack Wall was missing for some reason, even though I think he did a good job on ME2).

anian:

nathan-dts:

Heh, yeah, they could've let them get in one song at least.

Haven't heard the Darksiders2 OST, but even if it was just Kyd, still probably would be a great soundtrack. I'm guessing this is a sort of response to the Mass Effect 3 soundtrack which had also a mini super squad of composers (although the brilliant Jack Wall was missing for some reason, even though I think he did a good job on ME2).

Oh man, the Darksiders 2 soundtrack is awesome, here's a couple of my favourites.

I literally remember nothing about the original Darksiders soundtrack, they did a really good job getting Kyd on board for the sequel.

This is all well and mediocre but whose music will be playing when the bus hits the skag? That first trailer using dumstep scared me silly and I hope it's not going to be a thing in the game.

revjay:
This is all well and mediocre but whose music will be playing when the bus hits the skag? That first trailer using dumstep scared me silly and I hope it's not going to be a thing in the game.

Say what?

If you didn't like that, then you officially have no soul...

Or, you're a robot.

A dancing robot, perchance?

This game keeps getting better every day. Every piece of news about it has been awesome so far. And don't try to bring out the "girlfriend mode" as a counter argument. I couldn't care less about how they call it.

Meanwhile, no mention of the totally bitchin' tracks that are going to be a part of Halo 4. I mean seriously, those samples have sold me on getting the soundtrack, if not the game itself.

Daystar Clarion:

revjay:

Say what?

Or, you're a robot.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the trailer and Cl4p-Tp going nnn tss but it planted the seed in my mind that I may have to listen to it while playing too [COMMENT CLEARED AS A PLAUSIBLE OBFUSCATION TOOL OVER THE MEAT UNIT] goto10

revjay:

Daystar Clarion:

revjay:

Say what?

Or, you're a robot.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the trailer and Cl4p-Tp going nnn tss but it planted the seed in my mind that I may have to listen to it while playing too [COMMENT CLEARED AS A PLAUSIBLE OBFUSCATION TOOL OVER THE MEAT UNIT] goto10

Nah, I understand what you mean.

I always liked the western/cowboy feel they had going with the original.

nathan-dts:

The whole twang rock thing wouldn't really work for this game, since it's not set in an endless desert wasteland.

I always thought that the expression was rock your socks off

My socks do need some more rocking. This sounds really good.

Wait, by Kyd?

The same guy behind ME3 and Assassin's Creed?

ALL MY MONEY. TAKE IT NAOW!!

OT: I'm excited for this.

I was hoping for more wub-wubs like this,

but a whole soundtrack by an awesome composer is great too.

I believe Cris Velasco and Sascha Dikiciyan also did the Space Marine OST. It was a bit lackluster compared to the other Warhammer 40,000 game soundtracks but it was still good.

Needs more Cage The Elephant :(

I don't really buy soundtracks, but I might get this one, I really like Kyds stuff.

So the score is composed by the exact same team that did the score for the first game?

Oh, yeah. Definitely breaking news. That said, I'm still pissed Kyd is't working Hitman anymore.

Akexi:
You had me at Jesper Kyd. The music fromm Freedom Fighters was amazing and was paramount to the atmosphere of the game.

Freedom Fighters was fucking awesome and the music my god...

Maybe Frank Klepacki can be coaxed into working on it? (Too late ikno)

Can't go wrong with Jesper Kyd. I had the AC2 soundtrack on perpetual loop on my MP3 player soon after the game's release. When I was first playing the game, I actively seeked races just so I could hear the epic race theme song again.

It's not really related, but I have an autographed copy of Quake 3 Arena: Noise.

Just sayin'.

;)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook