Lucasfilm Files Star Wars: First Assault Trademark

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Lucasfilm Files Star Wars: First Assault Trademark

Lucasfilm appears to be building up to some new Star Wars shenanigans.

Last week, Lucasfilm, the parent company of videogame studio LucasArts, quietly registered a pile of domain names related to something called Star Wars: First Assault. The names, which included three variations of the title across the .COM, .NET, .DE and .CO.UK domains, were actually filed by the Corporation Service Company, an "internet brand protection agency" of which Lucasfilm is apparently a well-known client.

It was all done on the relative down-low, but today it's come to light that Lucasfilm has also filed a couple of trademarks for the same thing, one for First Assault and one for Star Wars: First Assault. The filings are for "Interactive entertainment software and accompanying instruction manuals sold as a unit," in a great many varieties including computer, console, downloadable and mobile-based games. As you'd expect from a Lucas product, the filings also cover books, toys, pencil cases, sticker albums, non-electronic personal planners and a plethora of other products upon which the Star Wars name may be plastered.

Lucasarts has thus far said nothing about what First Assault may be: It might be a shooter set in the Old Republic, or perhaps it's a turn-based grand strategy game based on the Battle of Naboo. What it isn't, alas, is TIE Fighter 2, and so while I'll admit to a certain natural curiosity about the whole thing, I'm afraid the Palpatine pinatas and spiked Dookoolaid will have to wait for another day.

Source: Fusible

First thing I thought of was "Rebel Assault sequel?"

Oh this better be a new Battlefront game. Good god, how happy I will be if this is a new Battlefront...

Is it too much too hope that this would just be Star Wars: Battlefront 3 only with a different name? Unfortunately, this would be unlikely as Pandemic the studio which developed Battlefront 2 was butchered by EA. So yeah, thanks EA.

Sounds like something the could go with Republic Commando. The name fits there perfectly "Republic Commando: First Assault". That said I guess the first game was the first assault...So maybe never mind.

Baldry:
Sounds like something the could go with Republic Commando. The name fits there perfectly "Republic Commando: First Assault". That said I guess the first game was the first assault...So maybe never mind.

How about Imperial Commando: First Assault?

Damn, that would be awesome!

Either it's Battlefront 3 or forget it. FORGET IT.

Konaerix:

Baldry:

Also I was thinking about it, it could be their first assault, considering at the end of the first one you see a big ass fleet preparing, so maybe the first game wasn't an assault, it was more covert so this is their first assault...My God I hope I'm right, I feel numb with anticipation.

Not even going to give this another thought until I see the trailer.

Lucasfilm appears to be building up to some new Star Wars shenanigans.

Huh, this could be worth a look...

Oh no way! Can it be, after all these years?!

What it isn't, alas, is TIE Fighter 2

Goddamn it!

You're a cruel man, Mr Chalk.

Argh! How can a screenshot from an old DOS Game make me suddenly excited about Star Wars? It really ought to be TIE Fighter 2. Failing that, why was there never a Star Wars game about smuggling spice, bribing Imperial officials, stealing stuff, and bounty hunting? You'd think people would love that.

Lucas. You are worth over 3 billion now. 3 BILLION! Give it a rest dude. Unless it is battlefrount 3 then go for it. But if not just leave Star Wars alone. Please. For all that is good and pure in the world just give it a rest. 3 BILLION!!!!

It's prolly that bounty hunter game with the numbered name. The name of numbers interests me but then again, I'm a hopeless Star Wars fan.

Fuck Tie Fighter 2, where's Republic Commando's sequel? I mean c'mon LucasArts, you can't leave a game on a cliffhanger like that!

Or even Battlefront 3 would be amazing if they brought Pandemic back to life.

I hope it's a sequel/prequel to Rebel Assault!

Maybe its a sequel to the starwars dance game? God only know we need more of THAT.

Does Lucasfilm usually Trademark Star Wars games for LucasArts?

Please be a TIE Fighter or X-Wing sequel.

Come on Lucasarts, is that so much to ask for? It's already been 18 years, for crying out loud.

Baldry:

As much as people (including myself) slobber over Battlefront 3, Republic Commando was an absolutely amazing game. So much love for it.

crazyrabbits:

I was more thinking a Rebel Assault prequel. But I can't imagine there still be being much of a market for on-rail shooters that aren't called Star Fox.

EPISODE 1 RACER SEQUEL!!!

Seriously, if it was TIE Fighter 2 I'd come over to each and every one of your houses and throw money at your screens. I just don't see it happening. Which isn't to say that it can't be cool anyway (although I may have suggested just that) but... man, I'd love a proper X-Wing or TIE Fighter game.

if we're not gonna be getting Battlefront 3 or Republic (Imperial) Commandos (2), then how about sayyyy ports of some games from the last generation? okay maybe the ones on the Xbox and PS2 weren't superb, but man all the Rogue Squadron games :D

Andy Chalk:

I still think if it's a continuation of any already existing game they have it'd be republic commando, I'd bet money I'm so certain of this fact.

Andy Chalk:

Seriously, if it was TIE Fighter 2 I'd come over to each and every one of your houses and throw money at your screens. I just don't see it happening. Which isn't to say that it can't be cool anyway (although I may have suggested just that) but... man, I'd love a proper X-Wing or TIE Fighter game.

Well, Episode 1 Racer was the best thing to come out of Phantom Menace. Except for The Abyss. Fuck that racetrack.

As for Tie Fighter 2, where would it be set?

Pedro The Hutt:

crazyrabbits:

I was more thinking a Rebel Assault prequel. But I can't imagine there still be being much of a market for on-rail shooters that aren't called Star Fox.

Indeed. I will say that most of the SW games that have incorporated live-action elements (Assault, Jedi Knight 2) have always been pretty solid installments. I'd love to see a Rebel Assault that's set during the Thrawn Saga, Dark Empire or the Yuuzhan Vong War arcs.

Andy Chalk:
What it isn't, alas, is TIE Fighter 2

Are you sure? Have they said outright it isn't a new Space Sim set in the Civil War? I mean, how can we be absolutely sure it isn't TIE Fighter 2 unless they say so? Since they haven't specifically said it isn't, that means... it could be a TIE Fighter 2...

Right? I mean, TIE Fighter needs to come back. Needs to come back. Seriously, fuck a Republic Commando sequel.

TIE Fighter/X-Wing remake/sequel, Battlefront 3, or nothing.

crazyrabbits:

There was a sequel, imaginatively called Rebel Assault 2, and it was every bit as horrible and restrictive as the first.

Here's an idea LucasArts, how about making a game that isn't Star Wars for once? You used to do that a long time ago, remember? Those were good days...

Konaerix:

Where instead of auto-aim, you get stormtrooper effect. =p

EHKOS:
It's prolly that bounty hunter game with the numbered name. The name of numbers interests me but then again, I'm a hopeless Star Wars fan.

Nope, that's Star Wars 1313 and that's its final name.

Whatever this is, I'm interested!

They could also try to make an actual movie with real actors, played out on actual sets without bluescreening everything and a plot that has nothing to do with the prequels. Let's make a movie like that. Maybe set around the KoToR or Great Hyperspace War eras.

But no. That would make way too much money. LETS GO MAKE SOME SHITTY EMO-MOVIES AND STAR WARS CALL OF DUTY CLONES.

Oh wait.

I would love for it to be a Battlefront, X-Wing Alliance, or Jedi sequel. Those were all absolutely great games that were cut short before they had a chance to truly excel.

We all know, however, that Lucas doesn't continue anything that is of a higher quality, but continues to push on us all the crap that we haven't been gobbling up for years.

He's like a Drug pusher who has purchased an equal amount of all drugs in the world and keeps trying to give you the stuff that makes you feel like shit and vomit out of your anal orifice for three weeks.

There is no way that they don't know that another Battlefront game would sell amazingly. I'm sure that this is going to be another prequel piece of garbage though, because he seems to refuse to go back to any of the quality movies.

I bet it's going to be TIE Fighter Battlefront: Unleashed. Star Killer nabs himself a TIE Interceptor and goes around dismantling the Empire one fighter-class ship at a time! :P

Seriously though, as much as I'd love a BF 3 game, wasn't there an article about how LucasArts was intentionally sabotaging the game when it actually WAS in developement? I mean come on people, this is a company with the word LUCAS in it.......why the hell are you allowing yourselves to get so hyped up over this? Deep down, in your heart of hearts, the midichlorians are telling you two things:

1: Whatever they have intended is going to be a festering pile of crap.
2: The first time someone said the word "midichlorians" in Episode 1 was when Star Wars officially died.

:P

Konaerix:

Baldry:

it certainly could be, but it unfortunately brings up memories of that unfinished republic commando book series, which kind of pisses me off because the only reason it wasn't finished was because they ret-conned all of mandalore into pacifists

Ooh... maybe it's a Dark Forces revamp... more 1st person jedi action!? :P

Actually... why not!? That would be awesome for a new SW FPS!

>Saw Starwars Battlefront picture...got excited

>Reads title, gets upset :(

OT: I hope to god it's something to do with Battlefront or Republic Commando.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)