Notch Tweets Rage Over Minecraft Party Sexual Assault

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

TheTurtleMan:
Eh, I kind of feel bad for the guy to be honest. Not enough that he shouldn't get a punishment of some sort, but he definitely doesn't deserve to have his dick ripped off as some of you politically correct white knights have said. He's just a desperate, small penised, Minecraft nerd that should stay far away from alcohol and video game conventions.

And come on, it's a little bit funny. I mean can you imagine a drunk Asian dude pulling out his dick in the middle of crowded convention? It's sort of funny.

no, it's really just sexual assault. He should probably stay away from women too until he learns how to behave around them.

jollybarracuda:
Wow, im surprised she didn't turn this into a big deal while the party was going on. I mean, she had every right to, but it's just...refreshing, seeing someone with every right to make it a big "poor me" story and actually having some respect for the people around and that they might not want to get mixed up in that. So yah, I respect her for that, kudos. Also, it's much easier for me to sympathize with someone not grubbing for attention. Now what i don't respect is the unimaginable stupidity of the guard she tried to talk to about it. Really, he just shrugged a form of sexual assault off? "What do you expect me to do" is not a valid response. Ask her what he looked like, discretely look around for that person, and evict them from the party. Even if finding them is a long shot he could at least try to help another human being.

the post makes it sounds like it was quite a while later, I mean what is he supposed to do,I doubt they had enough security to lock the building down, and even if they did they have to have her identify the guy at what sounds like a huge party, and he might not even be there so while it does sound like he was a bit of a dick about it, he wasn't just pulling a "they don't pay me enough to deal with this shit" there was in all likely hood nothing he could do.

mirasiel:
Don't take your dick out in public.
Don't make strangers touch your dick without their consent.
DON'T TAKE YOUR DICK OUT IN PUBLIC.
LOOK I SOLVED THE WHOLE THING WITHOUT PUTTING THE VICTIM AT FAULT...FUCKING AMAZING...I DESERVE SOME KIND OF NOBEL PRIZE.

You can't ignore the fact that she talked along for minutes and minutes while the warning lights were already flashing. You can't just cry 'no consent' after that. If it was without any form of consent, why was she still there, why didn't she say anything, why didn't she punch him in the face afterwards and why did they walk around for a while later on while he was gone before she started making a fuss?

Sounds a lot more like "I got so drunk I did something I regretted and now blame the guy for what I did". For one thing she acted in a way that we can't tell if that's the case or not, that's for sure.

It's just plain wrong to then assume "She's a woman, he's a guy, therefore it must've been sexual assault" like you did there.

Blablahb:
-snip-

Pretty much.

What was the purpose in stringing along a guy who was (supposedly), obviously desperate for female validation? But let me point out that this whole "Asian man who was insecure about his penis size" detail honestly sounds like bullshit. I can't believe that didn't raise anyone's eyebrows enough to question the legitimacy of the story.

<Edit> I just read the actual blog post and I could go on a rant about this overblown bullshit but I'll just say wow... just wow.

Boudica:

Rainforce:
Now it makes sense why you write your posts on the gender threads the way you do.

Care to elaborate on that nugget of supposed revelation?

I'm curious why you even bother looking at these threads if all they ever do is piss you off and make you upset at people. I'll never fathom why people bother taking time to put themselves into situations that they know will make them upset, unless they just get a high from being confrontational.

Boudica:

Elementary - Dear Watson:

Boudica:
SNIP

I wasn't joking about the fucking abuse... I have already stated that! I was merely joking with the exaggerative comment you made...

What is your problem? You are taking everyones comments as some sort of personal insult to you and then getting all up your own arse about it... You are not the be all and end all of morality and what consitutes right and wrong, so who gave you permission to shit-can anyones opinion that varies to yours in such an arrogant way?

Other people in this thread have made very valid points on a grey area, that are pertinent and personal to them, and you have turned around and told them they are wrong... how is someones opinion wrong in a non-defined grey area?

And THEN someone makes a joke UNCONNECTED to the arguement, and you can't admit that was the case... just because you read into it wrong means that I am completly wrong and at fault, even though your mistake was pointed out to you by me and someone totally unconnected...

Seriously, chill the fuck out, and be more accommodating of other peoples opinions...!

Like I said, have your opinion all you want. Don't quote me to make the jokes, however. I don't appreciate being used to make light when discussing sexual abuse. You want--go nuts. I'll refrain.

It happens, don't comment in threads where you don't want your comments being used as others like? Easy fix.

Creeper at a Minecraft party. Huh.

Chiave:

Blablahb:
-snip-

You two have got to be kidding me.

That's not stringing someone along, that's called being too polite to just tell the bugger to piss off because they're creeps; I (as a guy) have much the same reaction to weird people talking about weird stuff.

And holy hell, talking to someone counts as consent these days?

Ickorus:
Creeper at a Minecraft party. Huh.

Chiave:

Blablahb:
-snip-

That's not stringing someone along, that's called being too polite to just tell the bugger to piss off because they're creeps; I (as a guy) have much the same reaction to weird people talking about weird stuff.

Label it whatever you want. I don't care.

Just don't go bitching about it and expecting everyone else to accommodate you.

Your problems are not my problem (generally speaking).

10/10 to Rocklobster99...it wasn't remotely funny, intelligent, or even something you meant, but I think with those few words you've achieved the most butthurt I've ever seen on the escapist.

OT: Sort of surprised that the security would just shrug something off like that. I'm fairly sure Notch will manage to get to the bottom of this though, he has a lot of resources & a lot of people who'll want to help him out.

Blablahb:

mirasiel:
LOOK I SOLVED THE WHOLE THING WITHOUT PUTTING THE VICTIM AT FAULT...FUCKING AMAZING...I DESERVE SOME KIND OF NOBEL PRIZE.

You can't ignore the fact that she talked along for minutes and minutes while the warning lights were already flashing. You can't just cry 'no consent' after that. If it was without any form of consent, why was she still there, why didn't she say anything, why didn't she punch him in the face afterwards and why did they walk around for a while later on while he was gone before she started making a fuss?

Sounds a lot more like "I got so drunk I did something I regretted and now blame the guy for what I did". For one thing she acted in a way that we can't tell if that's the case or not, that's for sure.

It's just plain wrong to then assume "She's a woman, he's a guy, therefore it must've been sexual assault" like you did there.

Do you even know what consent is?

I mean you know what victim blaming is, you go that down pat.

Rainboq:

Lumber Barber:

Rainboq:

Sexual assault is not funny, not in the slightest. If you find it as such, you either have a very very dark sense or you're a mysoginist (if you only view it as funny if the woman is the recipient).

Oh I'm sorry, my almighty god of Comedy! Tell me, what else is factually not funny and makes me a bad person if I laugh at it?

It's a pretty sad situation, but what exactly is expected of the guard? Arrest all the Asian men in the area?

The guard could have sealed it, called the party to a halt and had the men form a lineup and have her pick out the guy, or seal the place and call the police. Doing nothing was the absolutely worst thing he could have done.

And not a bad person, just someone with terrible taste.

Legally speaking that's a form of kidnapping in most states. Stupid as it may seem that same laws block bar tenders from preventing people drunk off their ass from leaving the establishment if it's clear they intend to get behind the wheel.

Regardless, I'd love to see someone argue that gave a rent-a-cop probable cause to detain an entire fucking party.

mirasiel:

acosn:

mirasiel:

It really needs to be said that what he did was inexcusable?

No. No it doesn't. As if what he did being illegal wasn't enough, it doesn't even register on the radar of acceptable social behavior.

Well apparently you needed to be told and so did he.

Here's a hint, the person who needs to modify their behavior in this situation...its not the girl, which is what you seem to be implying.

It's safe to assume based on the law of numbers that bad things happen to good people. You can modify your behavior to have statistics in your favor. You wouldn't wear expensive clothes or drive an expensive car in the wrong side of town. You don't go to butcher shops looking for vegetarian alternative foods. You don't walk onto a construction zone and complain that things are hitting you. You don't go to parties without someone there looking out for you if you intend to drink. End of story.

At a very basic level you should never, never go to a party with nothing but strangers, but at the very least as the bear minimum you shouldn't go to them and then hit the bottle. It's very common advise given to freshmen students at most universities- and I'm going to guess that as a group college stundents are right on par with nerds for what happens when they hit the bottle. All laws of human decency fly out the window when folks are drunk (and I'm guessing the other guy was too based on how far outside of normal social interaction this was) and even ignoring that you can't control other people. All the bold brave worded policy statements in the world wont change that. A much wiser man once said that you can't control the wind but you can adjust your sails.

Blablahb:
You can't ignore the fact that she talked along for minutes and minutes while the warning lights were already flashing.

He just seemed a bit weird at that point, she did try to end the conversation by returning to her phone. Which is when he took out his dick and made her grab it.

You can't just cry 'no consent' after that.

Ok, pay close attention to this, it's very important advice: A woman talking to you does not mean it's ok to make her grab your exposed penis.

If it was without any form of consent, why was she still there, why didn't she say anything, why didn't she punch him in the face afterwards and why did they walk around for a while later on while he was gone before she started making a fuss?

Because she was shocked that some guy just made her grab his dick.

Sounds a lot more like "I got so drunk I did something I regretted and now blame the guy for what I did".

He forced her to grab his exposed dick. "Forced, that's kind of the key word".

For one thing she acted in a way that we can't tell if that's the case or not, that's for sure.

Ok but until there's actually any evidence of another side to this story maybe base your judgement on the one thing we know rather than assuming she's a liar.

Forcing someone to grab your junk is sexual assault, gender isn't the issue here.

I once had a friend of five years. Ill not give his name but for arguements sake well call him. akin. Akin was my friend for a long time we shared the same interests. Metal gear solid, philosophy, anime, and martial arts. The art we trained in was one that carried a philosophy of morality and going with the flow and being the best that you can for people. we actually trained in the same art for years under the same sensei after we had watched others abandon him. Needless to say we were close.

Well one day I was at a taco bell where his wife worked getting food. There she told me that one night while her and his friend were drinking at his house that she blacked out. she would wake in and out of conciousness with akins friends dick inside of her. He only asked his friend to stop when she was concious enough to say no.

We stopped being friends after that. I confirmed his sudden lapse of sanity when i confronted him. he was no longer a person but a rabid desperate dog.

In all the years id known him I never would have guessed that he was capable of that. Now I know hes capable of damn near anything.

Sometimes shit gets past you and you live and you learn. I know that sometimes sexism controversies get stupid and petty but this isnt one of them. I hope this girl gets the internets full support she needs it.

And Something else. I know the image of someone taking a hand and putting it on there dick and saying "is that big enough" is funny hell its hilarious but thats not the disturbed part. the part that really matters.

The part that matters is when you come across that "darkness" in a person. Its not natural and doesnt belong in the manifest realm of the living. When you come into contact with someone like that its something else kind of like peering into a void.Its not put in someone in one day its built brick by brick for years in festering neighborhoods and shitty homes. Its creepy as hell and until you experience it and truly come into contact with it like this girl and i have you cant really understand. Its about as creepy as slender man or pyramid head.

theres something wrong that drives a person to do that.

I feel my explanation was lacking but I hope it atleast conveys the concept.

>the girl said "I don't want people to pity me."
>people in this thread are pitying her way more than she would even deserve even if she wanted pity

I'm really sick of pointless inflammatory news stories like this flooding this site. People get sexually assaulted all the time, and it has nothing to do with gaming or nerd culture. Not everything Notch says or that happens at PAX is gaming news.

mirasiel:

acosn:

mirasiel:

It really needs to be said that what he did was inexcusable?

No. No it doesn't. As if what he did being illegal wasn't enough, it doesn't even register on the radar of acceptable social behavior.

Well apparently you needed to be told and so did he.

Here's a hint, the person who needs to modify their behavior in this situation...its not the girl, which is what you seem to be implying.

The willy waving idiot was obviously in the wrong, it goes without saying but mirasiel does have a point. People need to take responsibility for their own safety precisely because other people often act in the wrong. You lock your doors and windows right? You don't leave a lap top on your car seat when you leave it parked either right? The same applies to putting yourself in compromising positions, being under the influence out in public and alone carries risks whatever your gender.

It puts people at the risk of being robbed, assaulted or sexually abused, women and girls unfortunately seem more likely to be victims of sexual incidents. The victim in this case was lucky, he could have been a date rapist or been violent or she could have been robbed. No she shouldn't have been at risk of being exposed at, noone should just like noone should be robbed raped or murdered.

Anyone out in public and drugged up or drunk need to take more care, ideally people need to stay in groups or be in a busy area. It is a good idea to not get so mashed that you have trouble remembering things and staying able to pay attention to whats happening around you.

The flasher was totally in the wrong and yes he definitely needs to modify his behavior but the victim should be more careful in the future, not because she acted in a way that invited it or because she deserves it she needs to be more careful because there are some nasty, desperate and perverted people in the world and you need to take some reasonable precautions to protect yourself from those people.

rbstewart7263:
And Something else. I know the image of someone taking a hand and putting it on there dick and saying "is that big enough" is funny hell its hilarious but thats not the disturbed part. the part that really matters.

The part that matters is when you come across that "darkness" in a person. Its not natural and doesnt belong in the manifest realm of the living. When you come into contact with someone like that its something else kind of like peering into a void.Its not put in someone in one day its built brick by brick for years in festering neighborhoods and shitty homes. Its creepy as hell and until you experience it and truly come into contact with it like this girl and i have you cant really understand. Its about as creepy as slender man or pyramid head.

theres something wrong that drives a person to do that.

I feel my explanation was lacking but I hope it atleast conveys the concept.

Your explanation is perfect, its not lacking at all. The kind of person that does something like that is rotten inside and the motivations that drive them to act like that do fester away inside. Psychologists have long been aware of the way perverts often have sick fantasies for years before they act on them. When they do they often start off small and build up and their offending behavior gets worse bit by bit.

The flasher in this case might just have been extremely drunk and acted out of character but he might do something like this again. Even scarier is that he might do something worse, getting away with it this time could make him bolder or he could feel unsatisfied and wanting to go further towards to fulfilling his fantasies.

It sounds dramatic but it could be a case of him willing waving today to committing serious sexual assault or rape tomorrow.

*reads the first few pages of comments* ...wow, so we are blaming the women now? Are you kidding me? what the hell? My heart goes out to the women and I hope that somehow they catch the creep.

EDIT: *Finishes reading the comments* You know what? I know I can be a bit overly argumentative every now and then, but reading the victim blaming and the pity for the pervert is too much for me.

What the fuck is this? 90% of you guys think this is comedy gold, or entirely the woman's fault. We seriously can't agree that forcing people to touch your dick in a public place is not acceptable behavior and should be punished? Fucking Reddit had a more appropriate reaction to this story and tasteless jokes are their forte.

I haven't posted on the Escapist in months--didn't we used to pride ourselves on our sophistication compared to the rest of the internet? How did the community go to shit so fast?

matthew_lane:

iRevanchist:

matthew_lane:

/facepalm

Um, the victim of her not seeking help immediately would be here... Also the perpetrator of her not seeking help immediately would also be her.

just saying

yeah, she deserved what she got considering she didn't run around telling every authority figure within a mile radius of her being violated. seriously, why wouldn't she run straight up to a stranger and recount something she wants to forget as soon as possible? women, you know?

I love it. Your excuses just jump around all over the place.

-Bad thing happens: Guys fault (this one is the only valid one)
-The fact that she didn't want to tell someone: someone elses fault
-The fact that she had to recount the story: someone elses fault
-The fact that the security guy didn't have magical time reversing powers: someone elses fault
-The fact that she didn't have the social agency to do something during the act: someone elses fault

It must be hard to be this woman, walking around all day with no agency whatsoever, a previous liottle victim in a world of the big bad menz... Mayhap she should develop some social agency & posters here may actualy expect some reasonable common sense out of women... I mean 40+ years of people saying women are equal, you'd kind of expect women to demonstrate an equal amount of social agency. But maybe thats just me walking around with my penis, social privielege & my big old brain coming up with silly idea.

Because as we know women can do anything a man can do... Oh except for the list i'm now keeping, which so far includes
- Summoning assistance
- Punching a creep in the face
- Pantsing a creep
- Running for help
- Moving to defend oneself within a timely fashion of having seen a naked penis
- Write ones name in pee in the snow

the fact that she didn't tell anyone: she was traumatized
the fact that she didn't recount the story: she thought it was humiliating, and didn't want to relive that experience
the fact that she didn't have the agency to do something during the act: shock and fear

and when did i ever ask the authorities the reverse the flow of time?

There are many reasons she probably didn't 'pants' or punch him: she'd be label as an 'over-reacting bitch', which I guess is worse that the alternative, being labeled a stupid, helpless mule by you. You know what likely would've happened if she told ran away screaming, telling the authorities what had happened? At least one asshole would say to her "oh. c'mon, it was just a joke gone a bit too far", or "you're overreacting", or my personal favorite "you lead him on."

Mimsofthedawg:
.................... *goes on for eternity like that*...

Why wouldn't you go get help? Why would that effect you so badly? Why didn't the security guard do SOMETHING (even if it was to offer solace)? Why wasn't there a better investigation where you could get a sketch of the dude or security photage? just WHY?!

To be honest, a part of this sounds fishy to me. Almost like the girl is fabricating the whole thing. BUT I ONLY SAY THAT BECAUSE... well... Who just walks away after a creepy dude puts his dick on you? NO NO, who let's themselves be in that situation?

I'm sure that there's a bunch of people who could jump all over me for what I just said. But honestly? It's really a whole lot less about what I just said, and a whole lot more of "WHY?!" This whole thing's just bizarre.

I'm actually with you completely. It all seems extremely odd. I mean, she designates the guy as 'creepy', yet wasn't watching him for when he'd pulled his junk out?

Of course I doubt anyone saw it like that. If it happened just like this and she was so intoxicated it just sort of... Happened. Well I feel bad for her. I'm glad nothing too horrible happened, and hope she learns from it. (And there's obviously a lot to learn.)

Though it all sounds so... Strange.

Yokai:

I haven't posted on the Escapist in months--didn't we used to pride ourselves on our sophistication compared to the rest of the internet? How did the community go to shit so fast?

Turns out a lot of the "well what about men..." crowd make up the majority of the users here. Anyone who seriously thinks that woman is to blame is either an idiot, sexist or trying to get a reaction.

Holy crap! That's terrible! I hope this doesn't sour the rest of the festivities and i hope this creep gets tracked down. God knows going events don't need this kind of coverage, the minecraft guys must be distraught that something like that could happen at their event.

**Looks at comments**

You have have no idea what a women even is do you Escapists? You all fucking disgust me. I didn't think it was possible to be so ignorant, immature and misogynist.

dude, I don't think you're unpopular with the ladies because your Asian... Might be because you're incredibly awkward.

Scrumpmonkey:
You have have no idea what a women even is do you Escapists? You all fucking disgust me. I didn't think it was possible to be so ignorant, immature and misogynist.

chances are they're just as socially awkward as the guy in this story and want to congratulate him for actually getting a woman to touch his penis. This is The Internet: Land of Ignorance, Immaturity and Misogyny after all.

It's true that not everybody responds to rape and sexual assault in the same way, men or women. And if you don't think that you would cry over such a thing happening, that's fine.

That doesn't justify all of the victim blaming and unjustified suspicion of the woman here. Honestly, I hope to never, ever see use of the word "white knight" on the internet, ever again.

Just because you don't feel like it would be a big deal for you to have someone randomly advance on you and have you touch their genitals, whether a penis, vagina, or somewhere in between, without warning, that doesn't give you the right to take it out on the victim who clearly does not feel exactly the way you do.

Blablahb:
You can't ignore the fact that she talked along for minutes and minutes while the warning lights were already flashing. You can't just cry 'no consent' after that.

Yes you freaking can!

I. JUST. DON'T. EVEN.

All of of the people in the thread blaming the assaulter make me sick.

The victim SHOULD NOT have been in a crowded area, ESPECIALLY a gaming convention and ESPECIALLY if she's a woman! There are usually men at those kinda things! Doesn't she know that women have breasts?
MEN LIKE BREASTS!

She talked to the guy for a little while, so why the hell was she surprised when he made her touch his penis? I mean chatting to someone about penis size is equal to sexual consent right? What other sexual organ would he have got her to touch!?

That's what women are for, DAMMIT!

My god, this is the most conclusively hypocritical double-standard'd threads I've seen yet. And I'm on the Escapist, home of white knight supremacy.

Half of you need to stop trying to be the heroes of the universe by crying bloody murder every time a female gets negatively affected in any way, particularly when it's a huge over dramatisation like this. The other half have at least the semblance of a brain in their head and understand how rationality works. Bravo.

In effect and on topic, I'm going to agree with the third post made in this 'ere thread.

"At some point he raised a concern about being Asian and women not wanting him cause of some stereotypical view of penis size, and I was like 'most women will agree size doesn't matter' and went back to my phone," she wrote. "Then he grabbed my free wrist and put it on his crotch and asked 'Is this big enough?'"

'Is this big enough?'"

My sides are hurting so bad. Was he hawt or ugly toothpick?

"That would have been bad enough, but he had also pulled his dick out through the zipper of his pants," she continued. "I had no idea what to do but say 'You can't do that!' and NOPE'D the fuck on out of there to find my friends."

Next part is pure gold. This is why you don't drink like a drunk at public places like these and devolve into sexy sex-talk with total strangers.

It is funny, not that it happened, but the way it happened. A strange asian dude pulling out his dick at PAX and saying, "is it big enough"? Hilarious.

Not funny for her, not funny that it happened, but the actual scenario, yup, I laughed.

"trying to be one of the guys" well why was she sat alone then? doesnt add up sounds like a typical ass who has to make up a story to get attention :3 as if a security guard would say that n risk his job when it would obviously be looked into. doubt it happened way too many holes in it

also fucking hilarious how he went about it if it happened but sounds bs to me xD

Ickorus:
That's not stringing someone along, that's called being too polite to just tell the bugger to piss off because they're creeps;

I've never ran across a politeness etiquette which demanded that you engage in dirty talk with people for minutes on end, you?

And yes, talking along is almost the same as explicit consent. It's not 'talking to someone', it's dirty talk. If you've been having a conversation about sex for the past half hour, is it truly unthinkable that a person would want to take the logical next step?

I mean, if your girlfriend comes over, do you talk and such, and then pause everything and ask "But wait, do I have permission to kiss you now"? No you don't. Why? Because the background strongly suggests she'd be okay with that anyway. And if that turns out to be a huge misunderstanding, it's exactly that, a huge misunderstanding. That's not even remotely close to sexual assault.

EstrogenicMuscle:
Yes you freaking can!
I. JUST. DON'T. EVEN.

So it's okay to engage in dirty talk and a clearly sexual situation, and when you feel a regret about that later on, blame everyone else but yourself and turn an innocent man into someone labeled as a sex offender because the girl can't maintain her own limits and is so stupid she drinks too much.

No, that would be dishonest. Worse yet, false allegations like that are even a crime.

Because, big surprise, a sexual situation is sexual in nature. Sex-related things like... *gasp* touching eachother happen there. If you didn't want any of that, don't get involved in that.

One thing you can't do is get involved voluntarily, and then blame the other for what you did.

iRevanchist:
the fact that she didn't tell anyone: she was traumatized

She was truamatised by having seen a penis... That poor precious snowflake. I mean seriuosly, its a penis, not a shark with a laser beam connected to its head.

iRevanchist:
the fact that she didn't recount the story: she thought it was humiliating, and didn't want to relive that experience

She should be humiliated, she ignored her own better judgement & hoped that some white knoght would come along and rescue her, instead of showing any level of social agency... I'd be humiliated too if i was that much of a completely self imposed victim of circumstance.

iRevanchist:
the fact that she didn't have the agency to do something during the act: shock and fear

Of a penis? It doesn't have teeth iRev... Its actually a pretty inoffensive piece of biology really.

iRevanchist:
and when did i ever ask the authorities the reverse the flow of time?

As soon as she expected the guard to do something retroactively. Fact is this happens all the time: Something unfortunate happens & suddenly people completely lose any power of agency, suddenly its everyone elses fault, especially the securtiy guard, who didn't rewind time, so it never happened to start with. Its basic guilt transference.

iRevanchist:
There are many reasons she probably didn't 'pants' or punch him: she'd be label as an 'over-reacting bitch', which I guess is worse that the alternative, being labeled a stupid, helpless mule by you.

Priooritise iRev... Which is worse: potentially being the victim of sexual assualt, or potentially having some loud mouth calling you an over-reacting bitch.

Because frnakly any action at all would have been better then no action. Pointing and laughing at his little penis with the words "wow, you were right, thats tiny" would have been better then just sitting there like a stunned mullet.

iRevanchist:
You know what likely would've happened if she told ran away screaming, telling the authorities what had happened? At least one asshole would say to her "oh. c'mon, it was just a joke gone a bit too far", or "you're overreacting", or my personal favorite "you lead him on."

LOL, no.

6 years working security & i've never seen any man step back from a challenge to avenge a woman's honour.

Really? This isn't even really a story is it? A drunk guy made you feel him up. Punch him in it and move on with your life. Are tears really necessary? Are you so much of a victim that you can't get past this? Get security, call the cops even if you think it was bad enough, but this is really hardly anything. Notch should be upset, though. You hate to think that something like this is going on under your watch.

COngratulations Escapist. You're now officially more sexist and douchebaggy that god-damned Something Awful. Damn, I*m not going to use sexist, because then some idiot is going to cry about White-Knighting. You're basement-dwelling neckbeards, remnants of an era that for all intents and purposes should be fucking dead.

How the hell do you manage? Seriously? How the FUCK do you manage? 11 pages of mostly victim-blaming and "Lol that's hilarious.

NortherWolf:
COngratulations Escapist. You're now officially more sexist and douchebaggy that god-damned Something Awful. Damn, I*m not going to use sexist, because then some idiot is going to cry about White-Knighting. You're basement-dwelling neckbeards, remnants of an era that for all intents and purposes should be fucking dead.

How the hell do you manage? Seriously? How the FUCK do you manage? 11 pages of mostly victim-blaming and "Lol that's hilarious.

She just touched a dick.

Ever been in a crowded area? Sometimes you brush up against people's breasts or balls by accident.

It's not the fucking end of the world.

She should've started laughing really hard and yelling "WHERE IS IT!!!HAHA, IT'S SO SMALL!"

Having someone, who, society teaches you, could hurt and rape you, force you to grab their genitalia is traumatizing. When some crazy-wierdo chick does the same to a normal guy, as opposed to the other way around, the man is, usually, less traumatized. why? because he doesn't hear about weirdo women who drug, tie-up, and kidnap men to rape on the local news once a month. Considering rapes perpetrated by males is more common than female rape, and is highly publicized, it makes sense that the girl felt traumatized.

Yup Matt, she should've been humiliated for what that a-hole did to her. It was clearly her fault that the guy was a weirdo.

When people get mad at security, they usually get mad at them for not doing what they could when they had the chance, not for not having a time-machine. If you hire someone to babysit a child and that child gets injured while they are on the job, you blame the babysitter. Not because they lacked the foresight to invent a time machine, but because it was their job to make sure the child came to no harm.

CAn you really blame her for not telling authority? "Excuse me, that guy just put my hand on his dick,"

Yeah, that wouldn't be awkward or humiliating at alllllll.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here