Notch Tweets Rage Over Minecraft Party Sexual Assault

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Denamic:

Boudica:

Denamic:

Text on the internet doesn't have a gender.

Yes, because they were talking to and about the text, not the person typing it, right?

I'm saying that the gender of the person doesn't matter.
Especially not in regards to petty shit like this.

Gender didn't matter. What did matter, was them making an assumption while arguing against generalizations.

chadachada123:
1I didn't know her gender and presumed she was male. Not that it makes much of a difference. I...of course I know that she admitted to it. She admitted it directly to me.

2It's an insult to victims to say that they ABSOLUTELY WILL need some kind of help, and that the pain is ABSOLUTELY NOT ABLE TO COMPREHEND to those that haven't experienced it, no matter what or who. THAT's the insulting part, the absolutism.

3What stance is there to re-evaluate? She made overarching claims about knowing me and my emotions, so I called her out on it. I'm not going to be ultra nice all of a sudden just because she has suffered before, when she is the one making bogus claims about me, but I'm also not belittling her suffering by saying that her situation does not apply to everyone equally.

4If a man said that, even though he's never broken a bone before, he wouldn't cry when he eventually did, and someone came up and said "NO. YOU WILL CRY. NO MATTER WHAT. JUST STOP. YOU DON'T AND CAN'T COMPREHEND HOW MUCH IT HURTS," it would be correct to call them out on over-generalizing.

5How is telling a woman that she's wrong about me, after she first made insane claims about me, acting like a twat, exactly? I've been pretty civil through this whole thing, making it clear that she MIGHT be wrong about me. She might be right. But to say with absolute certainty is asinine and belittles those that went through it and didn't suffer as she did.

1: Check the profile, it's that easy and you don't have to default.

2: So from what you're saying is that it's insulting to you because they assume you'd suffer like they did?
You're not very empathetic are you? Someone who has gone through those very experiences probably couldn't see how you wouldn't react like they did.
There is some serious arrogance in your statement, you could only guess how you would react and not say for definite.

3: Do you even realise how far you're running with such a minor point right now? Someone assumed you would need help if you were to suffer such an attack and you're actually reacting like they're infringing upon you somehow? lol
As I said, delicate flower.

4That analogy is completely off and it isn't over generalizing it's just an assumption. Either way, none of those two are insulting.

5: Because you're calling "You would probably suffer just as much as anybody else" insane. That's why.
Again, it belittles nobody so stop playing that card.

If a dude pulls his penis out of his pants...punch it.

Seriously he was just asking for it right there.

Boudica:
Gender didn't matter. What did matter, was them making an assumption while arguing against generalizations.

An assumption is not a generalization.
They're not even similar.
What's you logic?

Azuaron:

90sgamer:

Azuaron:

Seriously? Your response to sexual assault is "that's hilarious"?

I think I'm going to instead believe that you just got back from boxing, and quoted that by accident.

Seriously? Is this one of those topics where nothing is funny ever? I resent your inflated sense of morality and I resent your attempt to force everyone else to be just as much a tightwad as you.

Azuaron finds it hilarious that some dickwad thought it would be a good idea to force a girl to grab his small cock through his pants. Strictly speaking, it's very sad that such dumbasses actually populate this earth. In fact, Earth is a very sad place to live for that reason. Some people address this sadness by finding things to laugh at. Then there are people like you, who choose to deal with it by being... what? Tighwads. Please understand that laughing at stupidity is a completely appropriate response.

Decent article, otherwise. I wonder what sway notch will have in metering out discipline on that lazy security guard.

First of all, I'm Azuaron, he's Rocklobster99.

Secondly, you have no idea about my sense of morality or my sense of humor, and are making gross generalizations about my entire personality.

So let me spell it out for you: The dickwolves comic? Hilarious. But the punchline wasn't, "Guy gets raped," the punchline was, "Look at how ridiculous and callous players are in MMOs." Here the "punchline" is... he made her touch his dick? She's traumatized and he needs to be jailed for the next five to ten years and permanently put on the sex offenders registry?

Thanks for the correction.

You can't pull the 'you don't know ANYTHING about me' card. A person is what they say and what they do. First, A guy makes a vague post that he found something funny about the following quote, "Then he grabbed my free wrist and put it on his crotch and asked 'Is this big enough?" What do you say and do? You make a reply post rebuking him for finding anything funny in this situation even though you can't possibly know exactly what it was he found comical (the pickup line, the image of the scene playing out, the fact some dude was stupid enough to think this was a good course of action, etc.). This says plenty about various facets of you unless you want to make the argument that your arguments and statements are incongruous with your "true" self, i.e. you are a troll or a participant of internet mob mentality.

The punchline "he made her touch his dick" could be a benign punchline to a benign joke. It can also be an offensive punchline to an offensive joke. Since the LR99 didn't specify it would appear you simply guessed what he might have found humorous. I did offer one different interpretation which you have not addressed.

I have a question for you. I assert that you are a tightwad that is of the opinion that nothing is funny about this situation at all. You have made the assertion that I don't know anything about you. The implication is that my assertion is wrong. Question: is there anything that can be funny about this situation? If yes, I would like you to specify what could be funny.

I look forward you your objective, non-evasive, truthful answer.

Wow. Good on Notch for at least caring, and I hope that there'll be some way to bring the guy to justice.

As for the arguments going on in this thread, I'd have to say that there IS something funny about this- the funny part is the loser freak that decided to assault a woman in a public place. The way he acted was absurdly wrong and he deserves to be laughed at. I don't see why we can't mock someone who doesn't deserve any sympathy.

Security guards just don't give a shit, man. You're better off not even talking to a fucking security guard if you want some shit to be dealt with.

Oh lord, this thread devolved quickly...

DugMachine:

Boudica:

runic knight:

Kinda like how you have no authority on saying that he does or does not know what he is talking about and describing himself and not other people?
Not to sound like an ass here, but stop a moment, take a deep breath and reread his last posts. Sounds like you are getting riled up due to how the topic touches close to home, which is understandable and all, but in doing so, you are ignoring their post.

He's presuming to know what something is like when he has no way of even fathoming it. How he thinks he feels has no bearing on reality. You can think and imagine all you want, but if you don't have the experience, your words are hollow and empty.

Your experience is not universal, get over yourself.

Don't try it. Nothing can shake her from the mighty high horse she rides.

Well it could have gone far worse. Everybody seems to have handled it wrong.

A glorified bouncer who doesn't know how to handle lewd patyiers. *Golf Clap*
A woman who tolerates that sort of nonsense? IT IS YOUR PREROGATIVE TO MAKE AS MUCH FUSS AS POSSIBLE WOMAN!!!! How are the good guys supposed to rescue you if you don't scream?!?!
And a walking stereotype who should be locked up.

I'm counting on you Mr. Persson! ;)

tmande2nd:
If a dude pulls his penis out of his pants...punch it.

Seriously he was just asking for it right there.

Made me think of:

OT: It's a shame the guy got away and wasn't dealt with right after. Maybe she was in shock and couldn't scream/shout/etc. Who knows. I do hope they find the guy and punish him.

Boudica:

]Trust me, you feel a lot of shame and embarrassment. Depending on just what happens, you can feel extremely dirty, used and degraded, like you are worth less now because of it.

Not saying she feels this way. Just explaining how and a little bit of why one feels this way when they are abused or assaulted.

I know this isnt anything like what happened to this poor girl but ive been there. Its weird. It makes NO SENSE. I dont feel comfortable about sharing details but ive been the victim of a mugging before and the feeling is horrible afterwards. I felt so ashamed and embarrassed... it must be a billion times worse for this poor girl. I tried to laugh it off, i didnt lose a lot and i was ok, but it was a pretty shitty experience. I didnt want people to pity me or make a big deal or even know. I kinda felt like it was my fault for not avoiding it. I didnt contact the police because i felt it was so pointless. Who is going to care? It was over 10 quid and the guy ran like fuck so what can anyone do? Its so strange that I feel ashamed and wierded out when the CRIMINAL should be the one feeling that. I imagine he gave zero shits. How come i get to be the victim of the crime AND the shitty feelings. Those should be for him! Its a weird feeling. Im sure its been documented many times. But i understand it totally and it makes me feel a little more normal knowing others have this same feeling. Its terrible. I hope she feels better.

Girl didnt deserve it obviously. She should have contacted someone as soon as possible but i can totally see why she didnt because i didnt either. In hindsight to my experience i can say it DOES matter and that guard SHOULD listen and that she shouldn't think it was her fault or that it didnt matter or that it would ruin the party for anyone. The perp should feel guilt. He should feel like total shit. Not her. Its totally mixed up and i have no fucking clue why this is. But it needs to stop.

No doubt this will somehow reflect badly on the gaming community
The whole thing is kind of sad

Okay, I'm going to take an extremely unpopular stance here and defend the security guy a bit. It sounds like some time had passed since the incident and the guilty party could not be identified when security was notified. At that point there probably was virtually nothing he could do. At worst he phrased the fact of his inability to do anything poorly. Now if the perpetrator could have been identified, he should have been at a minimum ejected, and most likely the police notified.

BiscuitTrouser:
sniiiiiiiip

Woah. That quote is all kinds of messed up. The forum is eating many a quote lately, yarrrr. *waves hook hand at the forum*

OT: I think it's because you are forced into submission, to be lesser than the dirty, nasty, bad, looked down upon criminal. You feel degraded and shameful because you failed to defend yourself and because they, for that moment, had all the power in the world over you.

Of course, none of it is the victim's fault--absolutely ZERO--but that's how you think in the situation, yeah.

Mimsofthedawg:
.................... *goes on for eternity like that*...

Why wouldn't you go get help? Why would that effect you so badly? Why didn't the security guard do SOMETHING (even if it was to offer solace)? Why wasn't there a better investigation where you could get a sketch of the dude or security photage? just WHY?!

To be honest, a part of this sounds fishy to me. Almost like the girl is fabricating the whole thing. BUT I ONLY SAY THAT BECAUSE... well... Who just walks away after a creepy dude puts his dick on you? NO NO, who let's themselves be in that situation?

I'm sure that there's a bunch of people who could jump all over me for what I just said. But honestly? It's really a whole lot less about what I just said, and a whole lot more of "WHY?!" This whole thing's just bizarre.

I'm surprised you're surprised, because the situation reported in the OP is actually quite common. A great deal of sexual assaults, from simple things like being flashed to full-on rape, don't get reports, and just a few of the factors include embarrassment, not wanting to make a scene and 'be a victim', and fear of the reaction you're having right there in your post: that she maybe 'made it all up'.

Something between 3-8% of sexual assault claimed are fabricated. It's very rare.

anthony87:
I was out with couple of mates a while back. At some point in the night this really really REALLY drunk gay dude who everyone in the place had seen making an arse of himself comes over us and starts talking nonsense and getting really....touchy feely with all of us. Me in particular.

Long story short. The dude put his arm around my shoulder and shoved his tongue in my ear. Fun times(?). So I push the guy away, told him to fuck off and then my friends and I all had a laugh about it later on.

Now I'm probably pretty damn wrong here but I can't help but draw comparisons between that and the dude putting the girls hand on his dick. Sure it was certainly......unpleasant. But sexual assault?

Thoughts? Opinions? Statements telling me I'm wrong/right/fucked up? Boudica jumping down my throat?

Well, that's not quite the same. Change guy licked my ear to made me grab his dick, change I pushed him to then he got away, add in a bit where you asked security for help and they said to you "Fuck off, I can't do anything.", and end it with the guy getting away scott free. Then how do you think you would feel? Also, remember your friends are not there with you when this happens either.

Thing is, for men&women there is a lot of bad things in our culture when it comes to sexual assault. For example, look at how many times she says she didn't want to make a big deal of it at the time, or how she felt ashamed. Why? Why does she feel like she is at fault when the guy who did this is in the wrong? Well, just look at this thread. People making the whole thing a joke, people saying the guy was "just doing what's normal", people saying she should feel ashamed for talking about it at all, and people saying she made the whole thing up for attention.

This kind of stuff is not uncommon, sadly. Put a person in this kind of evnironment where the victim is treated as bad or worce than the assaulter, and add in there that when she tried to get her it got her nowhere, and of course she's going to feel terrible. Wouldn't you feel like crap if no one helped you? Or worse told you to just get over it?

You're not "fucked up" friend, but I think your forgetting some of the details of this situation are a good deal different from the one you were in. You were with your friends, you had support, you got to "get back" at the guy who messed with you, but in this case this lady had/got none of that.

That's my bit bud. So tell me what ya think. Do you see what I mean, or should I have just written this kanji?

Therumancer:
Snippage, yeah?

Yeah. This, basically. It's gotten so batshit fucking insane out there that you no longer even need any kind of proof or other things/people backing you up. An accusation is all you need and you'll have the feminists and white knights piling on your ass whether you're guilty of anything or not.

Since there's no proof either way, I'm not going to support neither the girl nor the asian fellow who allegedly assaulted her. If you want to avoid these things happening, however, you may want to remove alcohol and have more controlled settings.

Just go back to page two and read the post I quoted, guys. It's got it all.

blalien:
I am getting more and more fed up with the Escapist community with every post about sexual assault getting more jokes than anger in response.

Rainboq:

Rocklobster99:

Andy Chalk:

"Then he grabbed my free wrist and put it on his crotch and asked 'Is this big enough?'"

Holy shit, my sides.

Sexual assault is not funny, not in the slightest. If you find it as such, you either have a very very dark sense or you're a mysoginist (if you only view it as funny if the woman is the recipient).

Yes, it's a good thing that political correctness is able to turn back time and undo terrible events. Oh wait.

Seeing as the girl who was assaulted made several jokes on her blog about the incident, you would think that this sort of white-knighting would be unnecessary. But, no, the morality police come out in full force, as usual.

EDIT:

Therumancer:
-SNIP-

Good post. It would do a lot of good if people looked at all sides of a story before immediately taking the side of the "victim"/minority.

Boudica:
Woah. That quote is all kinds of messed up. The forum is eating many a quote lately, yarrrr. *waves hook hand at the forum*

OT: I think it's because you are forced into submission, to be lesser than the dirty, nasty, bad, looked down upon criminal. You feel degraded and shameful because you failed to defend yourself and because they, for that moment, had all the power in the world over you.

Of course, none of it is the victim's fault--absolutely ZERO--but that's how you think in the situation, yeah.

From what youve said there and what i think i agree that its basically human nature to feel this way after someone has power over you to that degree and makes you feel insignificant. There isnt really a way to totally remove this feeling forever and get people to actually stand up for themselves because its an inbuilt human emotion. However i think treating every case like this seriously and that its DEFINITELY a "Big deal" if the victim is so emotionally rocked by it will improve the situation greatly.

This is the kind of thing they should teach you in those shitty "life skills" classes instead of "How to get a mobile phone contract". How to effectively combat this feeling so that the guilty party is punished and reported as soon as possible and the victim is made to feel morally justified and normal doing so. It isnt "attention". It isnt ruining anyone elses fun. It isnt anything except making sure society and justice function as intended, and not only do you have every right to complain but its good of you to do it as soon as possible. Not only for her but for everyone else this weirdo might go around touching. I despise victim blaming. Its the kind of thing some people who have never felt this feeling will never understand and will be like "WTF why didnt she say anything! How can she be upset now?!". The idea the guilty party got away because the victim felt so bad physically disgusts me. How dare he escape just because he emotionally unsettled her. Thats not how it should be.

3quency:

I've heard a similar sentiment before, from a number of people.
I can sort of agree, but at the same time I think it needs to be discussed in a different context. Bringing up male sexual harrasment is definitely important and should really be more open to discussion, but talking about it in threads concentrating on female sexual harrasment is just inviting idiots to start going "see? men have it JUST as bad!"

You really can't have a thread on that topic though; they typically very quickly get turned around into threads about female sexual harassment and then it becomes inappropriate to talk about. Ditto any other gender topic that doesn't conform to the typical men = bad, perpetrators; women = good, victims; an effort is made to turn it around.

matthew_lane:
What exactly was this security guard meant to do exactly?

This is really the $64 million question. Aside from maybe be more tactful in telling her that there's little he could do. I'd actually like to hear an answer to it: What would you have the security guard do? He had a vague description of someone who had probably already left the party, and no evidence that anything had actually happened except the word of the alleged victim. What should he have done? Round up every Asian male at the party until he hit the right one (if present), maybe perp walk them into a holding area so he doesn't get any repeats?

I had someone outright try to drown me (they pushed me under, stood on top of me, and used the side of the pool to brace against to keep pressing down on me) at a public pool when I was 13, and after squirming free, reaching the surface, and coughing up half a breath of water that I took in the last few inches of the way up, slumped against the side of the pool less than five feet from the lifeguard's stand, I got a similar reaction from the lifeguard, except that I had the benefit of being able to point the individual who did it out before getting told that they didn't see it and wouldn't do anything about it. It was more than a decade before I went to that pool again (and then it was on the insistence of my nieces). So, yeah people who are ostensibly there for safety or security purposes being ineffective or even indifferent is something I am quite thoroughly personally aware of, and I honestly don't think it's a gendered problem.

BabyRaptor:

The guard reacted like he did because we live in a society where this kind of shit is expected. We teach women not to get raped and shrug off men who can't have a little self-control with "Boys will be boys."

It's sick. And at least in America, it's encouraged. Look at our politicians...

Is that the reason? Or is it unreasonable to be expected to track down "Asian male" who may or may not still be present for an unwitnessed misdemeanor?

I.Muir:
No doubt this will somehow reflect badly on the gaming community
The whole thing is kind of sad

Our "good friends" at Shakesville posted about this whole mess, just so you could be right: http://www.shakesville.com/2012/09/oh-look-its-time-to-talk-about-gamer.html

Rainboq:

Sexual assault is not funny, not in the slightest. If you find it as such, you either have a very very dark sense or you're a mysoginist (if you only view it as funny if the woman is the recipient).

Oh I'm sorry, my almighty god of Comedy! Tell me, what else is factually not funny and makes me a bad person if I laugh at it?

It's a pretty sad situation, but what exactly is expected of the guard? Arrest all the Asian men in the area?

BiscuitTrouser:

Boudica:

From what youve said there and what i think i agree that its basically human nature to feel this way after someone has power over you to that degree and makes you feel insignificant. There isnt really a way to totally remove this feeling forever and get people to actually stand up for themselves because its an inbuilt human emotion. However i think treating every case like this seriously and that its DEFINITELY a "Big deal" if the victim is so emotionally rocked by it will improve the situation greatly.

This is the kind of thing they should teach you in those shitty "life skills" classes instead of "How to get a mobile phone contract". How to effectively combat this feeling so that the guilty party is punished and reported as soon as possible and the victim is made to feel morally justified and normal doing so. It isnt "attention". It isnt ruining anyone elses fun. It isnt anything except making sure society and justice function as intended, and not only do you have every right to complain but its good of you to do it as soon as possible. Not only for her but for everyone else this weirdo might go around touching. I despise victim blaming. Its the kind of thing some people who have never felt this feeling will never understand and will be like "WTF why didnt she say anything! How can she be upset now?!". The idea the guilty party got away because the victim felt so bad physically disgusts me. How dare he escape just because he emotionally unsettled her. Thats not how it should be.

When it comes to sexual cases, too, you end up feeling quite "dirty" because you were part of the act. While being mugged or beaten up could easily be humiliating and leave you feeling embarrassed and weak, being a part of something disgusting leaves you feeling befouled. You don't see it as you being the victim, but rather you having something done to you that has now lessened your worth. To put it bluntly, a shower doesn't wash off the feeling.

Interesting idea to have this taught in schools--a sort of "How to" on coping. I think it could be a fantastic idea.

anthony87:

Long story short. The dude put his arm around my shoulder and shoved his tongue in my ear. Fun times(?). So I push the guy away, told him to fuck off and then my friends and I all had a laugh about it later on.

Now I'm probably pretty damn wrong here but I can't help but draw comparisons between that and the dude putting the girls hand on his dick. Sure it was certainly......unpleasant. But sexual assault?

Corporate party. One of our executive assistants gets really drunk and starts grinding herself on my leg. I joke it off and walk away. This goes on for a whole fucking evening.

My HR (a woman) notices and says "Didn't know you had something going on with her?"
I answer "Neither did I"
HR "Ok, then I am not going there"

But, hey - men can't possibly be victims of sexual assault, no can they.

Back on track.

This whole "slight hint of sexual assault = murder the accused with a rusty mallet" thing is well described in Girlwriteswhat's videos. Specifically this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuJJuK7ADk8&feature=plcp

It all has to do with agency and objectification. Being an agent meaning having influence over stuff that happens to you. Being treated as an object means that you are considered to have no agency what so ever. Currently things are pretty messed up when we talk about objectification of women. And no - video games are not worst offenders in this regard. Feminists are.

Now read the next line slowly.
Saying that sexual assault victim could not have done ANYTHING differently to prevent the event from happening (!)is objectification(!)
Banning people from suggesting that people in the "sexual assault risk group" (pretty, outgoing, drunk) could benefit from going through sexual assault prevention drill (not being alone, not being that drunk, not continuing a conversation with a dodgy drunk stranger) (!)is objectification(!)
Saying that a WHOLE EFFING GENDER has to be protected WHOLESALE by a DIFFERENT WHOLE EFFING GENDER 24/7 (!!!) IS THE MOST EXTREME CASE OF OBJECTIFICATION POSSIBLE(!!!)

If I ever have a daughter, I'll do for her the most feminist thing I can think off - I'll send her to karate lessons. I'll treat her and raise her as an agent, responsible for all the shit that will happen to her in her life, both good and bad.

You know, same education that I received growing up as a boy.

Rocklobster99:

Andy Chalk:

"Then he grabbed my free wrist and put it on his crotch and asked 'Is this big enough?'"

Holy shit, my sides.

Funny as hell.

I'll refrain from replying to the replies you got, I see the "but dats not PC" band is out in full force. They really do make this forum more dull for me...

OT: See above, sucks for the woman but I'd rather laugh about it than cry about it. I feel sorry for the guy in a way, he probably had way to much to drink too.

Yosharian:
Security guards just don't give a shit, man. You're better off not even talking to a fucking security guard if you want some shit to be dealt with.

Oh look, someone who doesnt know what they are talking about, how surprising.

Lyri:

2: So from what you're saying is that it's insulting to you because they assume you'd suffer like they did?
You're not very empathetic are you? Someone who has gone through those very experiences probably couldn't see how you wouldn't react like they did.
There is some serious arrogance in your statement, you could only guess how you would react and not say for definite.

3: Do you even realise how far you're running with such a minor point right now? Someone assumed you would need help if you were to suffer such an attack and you're actually reacting like they're infringing upon you somehow? lol
As I said, delicate flower.

4That analogy is completely off and it isn't over generalizing it's just an assumption. Either way, none of those two are insulting.

5: Because you're calling "You would probably suffer just as much as anybody else" insane. That's why.
Again, it belittles nobody so stop playing that card.

Empathetic is not equivalent to saying that someone WILL go through the very same experience. I'm very capable of empathy. I'm very capable of looking at someone's situation and seeing how THEY could suffer from it.

She said I will absolutely be traumatized. She didn't say probably. She didn't say most likely. She said that I absolutely will.

If she would back off and just say "not everyone is alike, but most people yada yada," then we would have never had this problem to begin with.

Number five is the most hilarious and most incorrect of your points, because she did not say "You would probably suffer." She said I WILL suffer.

If you can't see the major distinction between the two (between PROBABLY and ABSOLUTELY), then there's no sense in continuing this conversation since we're clearly speaking separate languages.

ugh whenever this crap happens at parties it's all I can do to just whisk my female friends away from the situation without also clocking the offending guys' jaws off

I'm part Asian lol and this guy is pathetic beyond imagination

lol, this sounds like something you would see in some sort of high school drama tv show.

Srsly though, I find it interesting that this claim is basically being taken as gospel despite there being no corroborating evidence available at all. It's like a bizarro version of the 50s where instead of sexual assault being a joke, you automatically go to jail(only if you're male though) without trial because someone claims you did something.

Then again, I expect nothing less from you Escapist. Keep white knighting it up.

chadachada123:
snip

Who cares what she said?
You're just as incorrect if that's the case because you just said "I will not suffer like that because I don't put stock into my genitalia".

She said I will absolutely be traumatized. She didn't say probably. She didn't say most likely. She said that I absolutely will.

Just to back this train up.

Boudica:
]Coming from someone that has fucking been a victim you have no idea what you're talking about. The emotion pain and the upset isn't even something you can comprehend without going through it.

Just stop.

Boudica:
And, like I said, you have no idea what you're talking about. You're just pulling this out of the air when you admittedly have zero experience with them.

She is absolutely not saying anything of the sort, she's just calling you out on your bullshit about how you don't have anything to back up what you're saying and you're purely theorizing on how you would react.
You're welcome to hold your opinion but when someone who has clearly had some involvement with such a terrible act says "You have no idea what it's like until it happens" it kind of overrides your "I guess I'd be ok because I don't value my junk".

You literally shoe horned in what you wanted to read out of those posts.
Those are the first two posts between you two.

Ok, who did not see this shitstorm coming?
Seriously, this topic devolving into what is has become was visible from miles away.

Zaik:
Then again, I expect nothing less from you Escapist. Keep white knighting it up.

I'm pretty aware of how annoyingly white knighty I'm sounding right now, I do think the situation in the OP was pretty funny though. Woman should have just smacked him in the dick and been done with it, but hey not everyone can handle shit I guess.

Wow, lots I could say, but I'll just post this:

Notch, bring the thunder.
He's a guy with a lot of pull in this community. When he speaks, people listen. Not to mention he's got the resources & capital to back it up. He almost seems more pissed that the actual victim, & for that I have even more respect for the man than before.
Plus, this was PAX. I don't think I need to remind anyone here of how swift & brutal Jerry Holkins & Mike Krahulik can be when provoked, just ask Paul Christoforo; They destroyed his business & turned him into an industry pariah for being a dick in an email.
Forecast calls for Raining Brimstone

Shanicus:
Oh lord, this thread devolved quickly...

DugMachine:

Boudica:
He's presuming to know what something is like when he has no way of even fathoming it. How he thinks he feels has no bearing on reality. You can think and imagine all you want, but if you don't have the experience, your words are hollow and empty.

Your experience is not universal, get over yourself.

Don't try it. Nothing can shake her from the mighty high horse she rides.

Oh don't worry I'm done with this. It's just insulting that because of one person's experience with sexual assault and how traumatized they were we're all supposed to feel that way. Oh you've experienced it? That's nice well I don't need to give you any dirty details about what I've been through just because I have anonymity on the fucking interwebz /endrant.

She should have right-angled that creeper and removed him from the gene-pool. Idiots like him are what give the conventions black eyes.

Notch, Good on ya! Find out the Guard that did nothing and this Creeper if possible and drop em into the nearest blocks of Lava.... or court of law, whichever is easiest to find at the time.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here