Terraria Goes to Consoles, PC Gamers Go Nuts

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

You're missing an image of a late 80s/early 90's cartoon in your Destructoid copycat article. I'm getting pretty sick of gaems jurnalizm like this that does nothing except point out people that we are supposed to look down our noses at and the smug passive aggressive bullshit it encourages in every single fucking thread about anything. I thought you guys were better than this, but lately it appears not. And don't quote this post, I don't care.

What I want to know is, who's forcing this people to buy the game again. I keep seeing that complaint, that they're not forced to buy the game again. What, does Re-Logic send out agents that turn on your xbox and buy the game with your credit card or something?

Fr]anc[is:
You're missing an image of a late 80s/early 90's cartoon in your Destructoid copycat article. I'm getting pretty sick of gaems jurnalizm like this that does nothing except point out people that we are supposed to look down our noses at and the smug passive aggressive bullshit it encourages in every single fucking thread about anything. I thought you guys were better than this, but lately it appears not. And don't quote this post, I don't care.

It gets funny when the author insults the main demographic of the website he is writing for.

Oh Andy, hating on the pc gamers again, aren't we?
While the facebook posts are pretty immature and stupid, when you visit the forums you will actually find that no one cares that the game comes to consoles. What they are upset about is the new content for consoles.
The devs of Terraria had to release it unfinished, because they needed money, but promised a lot of updates and new content.
The thing is that the content they delivered before stopping the updates was not what they promised before, but much less.
I don't have a problem with this personally, since i got a ton of fun for very little money out of terraria.
Many people were upset, but were not raging.
But now, after they had hoped for more updates, they see that the consoles are getting terraria and it seems that they are getting the version that was once promised to them.
And that pisses some people of.
Then again not me, but i understand were they are coming from.
But i guess calling pc gamers immature and whiny makes sense, since console gamers acted very mature and understanding when dark souls was announced for pc ...
oh wait...

RedEyesBlackGamer:

Andy Chalk:

The Terraria Facebook page is currently not a happy place as PC gamers, an inherently insecure bunch to begin with, vent their rage over what they seem to see as a betrayal of... well, something.

It seems like half my comments nowadays are just pointing out how unprofessional this site's news articles are. Seriously, why make this comment?

I can understand the articles on this site being of a slightly less professional nature but even I'm getting irritated by these little jabs at PC gamers Andy has been making over the last few weeks.

Ickorus:

RedEyesBlackGamer:

Andy Chalk:

The Terraria Facebook page is currently not a happy place as PC gamers, an inherently insecure bunch to begin with, vent their rage over what they seem to see as a betrayal of... well, something.

It seems like half my comments nowadays are just pointing out how unprofessional this site's news articles are. Seriously, why make this comment?

I can understand the articles on this site being of a slightly less professional nature but even I'm getting irritated by these little jabs at PC gamers Andy has been making over the last few weeks.

Jokes in an article are fine, but stuff like this:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.286870-Psychology-Study-Blames-Games-for-Aggressive-Behavior
is just embarrassing.
Why should anyone take the medium seriously when our journalists treat news articles like their personal blogs?

TheKasp:

Treblaine:
PC gamers are rightfully mad for not getting content for a game that they supported enough to exist at all.

PC gamers are fed up to the back teeth with having to chose between the fully-featured but poorly executed console version or the ideal PC version with cut content.

Okay, nowhere is it stated that the additional content will be console exclusive. There is no info on that at all.

That's not what I heard, but it's good to know that this isn't the case.

If the current abandonment of PC version is to be reversed and the new content will be egalitarianly available for all versions, then there is nothing to complain about...

... if what you say is actually true.

I do have to wonder who they thought they were announcing this to. >.>

The only people on that fan page are very likely people who already own the game on the PC, why would they want to be teased, and then given an announcement that a game they already own, which hasn't been updated for sometime, will now be getting a console port with content that they can't have?

That's not to say this justifies the fans' behavior, however. I wouldn't use "happy" to describe my feelings about it either, but there's no reason to go and rage about it so hard. It won't solve anything.

Yeah, I have terraria on PC and I'm 99% percent sure that I haven't gone bat-shit crazy over any of this, I don't feel betrayed by the developers nor do I believe that the number of people that the writer has reported to have gone bat-shit crazy have gone anything more than mildly annoyed.

Treblaine:
That's not what I heard, but it's good to know that this isn't the case.

If the current abandonment of PC version is to be reversed and the new content will be egalitarianly available for all versions, then there is nothing to complain about...

... if what you say is actually true.

"Stop what you're doing immediately - we have very important news - TERRARIA IS COMING TO XBLA & PSN WITH BRAND NEW CONTENT"

Is literally all the info we have. Nothing else. It may imply exclusivity as well as just new content to the game that is going to see the release on PC.

And that's why we, console gamers are superior in every way to those childish whiny PC gamers who are all just elitists anyways.

As a PC Elitists, I really have no problem having a game that was a PC exclusive brought to the Consoles. I think what is pissing most people off is the addition of new content. Honestly it doesn't bother me at all. Just because I believe that the PC is the best platform out there for gaming, that doesn't mean I don't want other systems to get things we have. That is sheer stupidity and selfishness. This is why people dislike PC gamers.

I'm a PC gamer,and I say this is a good thing. Why limit such a great game to a single console? The controls would be easy to port over,and there'd be little to no optimization issues from what I can see. The people who are raging over this really need to force their one brain cell to undergo mitosis so they might have the brain capacity to think about things beyond their own petty selfishness.

I hope Jim makes an episode on this. I really love it when he mocks entitled dipshits. The whiny voice he uses is perfect. I use it in my head when I'm reading the comments on the facebook page.

Entitled:
And that's why we, console gamers are superior in every way to those childish whiny PC gamers who are all just elitists anyways.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this!

Because that statement is going to get you a lot of ire. Most of it deserved.

In all my 3 years since i have this account i never felt the need to comment on any thread. But this 1 article which was made in such a disgusting manner by someone who has barely touched the surface on the feelings of the community in question finally made me do it.

You Andy Chalk should be congratulated on your effort to imitate Fox News. But honestly i don't really care that much if i think about it. After this i doubt i will ever post again but i just want to show you how your ignorant sensationalism and painfully obvious title bait can make even the most lax of your users rage.

You should actually be proud I normally held the escapist to a higher standard then most gaming sites but it seems that money may eventually win out anyway. If it weren't for ZP and to a lesser extend Jimquisition and Escape to the Movies i would have a heavy time finding reasons why i should keep visiting such a website anymore.

Not so much angry about it going to the consoles but the fact that they are getting exclusive content does kind of piss me off.

TwiZtah:

ThaBenMan:
Unbelievable... PC Elitism at it's worst. They should be happy that more people will get to play a great game, and that the developer will become more successful and in turn make more stuff. That is ridiculous that anybody should think the game belongs solely to the PC users.

Ahh, and how about the absolute shitrage all the console people threw when Dark Souls was announced for the PC? Both camps are equally stupid.

True, true - I won't deny that that's just as bad. Everybody on both sides needs to relax and just play some games they enjoy instead of raging fruitlessly.

The only part that will piss me off is the ease of multiplayer on the console. I got my fill after 90 hours before the last major update. I haven't really played it since, but I'm completely satisfied with the experience. It's got a high value. I most likely won't buy it on xbox.

ArchBlade:
I do have to wonder who they thought they were announcing this to. >.>

The only people on that fan page are very likely people who already own the game on the PC, why would they want to be teased, and then given an announcement that a game they already own, which hasn't been updated for sometime, will now be getting a console port with content that they can't have?

Which just goes to further support my trolling theory.

I really think the devs did this on purpose for advertising or something.

They saw the "The World Ends With You" rigmarole last week (week before?) and said, "Hey! I got an Idea for free advertising!"

Seems to have worked to me.

Andy Chalk:

The Terraria Facebook page is currently not a happy place as PC gamers, an inherently insecure bunch to begin with

As a PC gamer I believe I must vent my frustration... wait what? They have a facebook page?

OT I couldn't be happier for him, it's a great game, and deserves to get more attention

While they are throwing a shit fit, it is understandable that they'd be angry that they, instead of updating the PC game, spent most of the time making it for consoles, not to mention that the consoles might even get more content which hasn't been said to also be released for the PC. It's the same reason why Valve fans get pissed the moment Valve announces something new, because it isn't HL3. Well, also the extra content thing is something worth getting pissed about, and if the developers don't also state they are releasing for the PC too, then they'll have a bit of rightous fury on them, followed by mass overkill.

Off topic, according to captcha, I'm Batman.

hazabaza1:
Cunty people being cunts.
Is anyone surprised?

To quote a great and popular man on this site: To the PC Elitests angry about this: "You are a cunt. A cunt yes you are. You live in a cunty cottage and you drive a cunty car." - Yahtzee

Good news. Terraria is an incredibly fun game.

Andy Chalk:
PC gamers, an inherently insecure bunch to begin with

Unfortunately, rather true.

To the raging idiots who cannot bear the idea of games being on game consoles:

Please get off your cross, deconstruct it, construct a bridge (Terraria may be helpful here) and GET OVER IT.

Alternatively, go play Dwarf Fortress, which is more PC appropriate than Terraria anyways.

Oh, that's not the point, is it?

THEN WHAT IS THE POINT?

awww cool, now people with a console can play it! Shame on you butthurt fans!

Oh look, another instance of a vocal minority being a bunch of loud dicks that annoying haters are going to lump in with the whole group as an excuse to voice their irrational hatred.

As a PC gamer, I don't give a fuck that this game is multi platform, and neither should you or anyone for that matter. The only thing that should prevent a game from being multi plat is hardware limitations.

Andy Shandy:

Entitled:

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this!

Because that statement is going to get you a lot of ire. Most of it deserved.

Of course I was sarcastic. I'm a PC gamer, I'm just sick with the hypocrisy of people who feel smug about not being as smug as others, and stereotyping a group as if they were all people who create unfair stereotypes.

Also, fuck everyone who is fishing for youtube-quality comment pages for offensive content, and then declares it newsworthy information source about the shared opinions of a gamer community of millions.

Another rare poster, long time lurker here.

Anyone else feel like writing a few e-mails to the website about how we don't like being insulted, considering we're the only reason the site makes any money?
Talk down to your readership. Brilliant idea.
This "writer" should at the least issue an apology.

I should also point out that I believe Andy is being facetious about PC gamers being inherently insecure, but I suspect that might go over peoples heads and conclusions will be jumped.

How about we grab Andy Chalk's smug remarks about PC gamers and put him somewhere webpage else?
Like...At none?

I am really happy consoles are getting this game, even if i didn't enjoy it too much myself.
I AM kind of annoyed how sometimes ports get exclusive content that the original one can't ever hope to get, but hey, it boosts peoples interest, theres nothing you can do about it, and besides, the game already has a lot of content, so it's not like we are missing much.
But just because some obviously stupid , angry people rage on the internet (Oh what a surprise!) doesn't mean you Mr.Andy Chalk can go and call a large part of this site's users insecure.
That's just unprofessional...And seriously unfunny considering i am expected to read news from you, not seeing you TRY to be yahtzee.

CriticKitten:

Andy Chalk:

SNIP

Holy hell chill out dude. It was just a joke. Everyone knows not everyone is the same. It is just funny to poke fun at some stereotypes and generalizations, but by reading your post, you have obviously no sense of humor or you read way too much into things.

EDIT: You too guy below me.

EDIT2: Now after reading everyone's remarks, it is a little too early to denegrate Andy Chalk without him at least saying something (whether true or not). Seriously, you guys are assuming he actually believes what he writes, and isn't just making a jest.

Xarxan:
In all my 3 years since i have this account i never felt the need to comment on any thread. But this 1 article which was made in such a disgusting manner by someone who has barely touched the surface on the feelings of the community in question finally made me do it.

You Andy Chalk should be congratulated on your effort to imitate Fox News. But honestly i don't really care that much if i think about it. After this i doubt i will ever post again but i just want to show you how your ignorant sensationalism and painfully obvious title bait can make even the most lax of your users rage.

You should actually be proud I normally held the escapist to a higher standard then most gaming sites but it seems that money may eventually win out anyway. If it weren't for ZP and to a lesser extend Jimquisition and Escape to the Movies i would have a heavy time finding reasons why i should keep visiting such a website anymore.

I have to agree with your sentiment. Andy chalk's comments are not only unprofessional but almost downright disgusting. His ignorant comments reflect very poorly on the escapist. I hope the editor screens comments like that more throughly next time.

Andrewtheeviscerator:
snip

dangoball:
snip

ThaBenMan:
snip

Generalizations. Aren't they grand? They let you judge and dismiss an entire group of people based solely on the actions of a few.

In fact, let's make some generalizations of PC games by looking at all of the posts from self-proclaimed PC gamers in this thread, shall we? I'm sure they'll be full of hatred, bad grammar, poor spelling, and at least a few racial slurs.

Let's take a look here...hmm...

Huh. Well how 'bout that? Looks to me that the PC gamers are not only not mad but are actually happy their console gaming brethren are getting a chance to play Terraria.

I guess that means that ALL PC gamers are tempered, well-mannered, easy-going people who don't honestly care how others play their games.

But that can't be right, can it? We all know every PC gamer is an elitist, douche-y dick-bag who hates everything and everyone, right?

I mean, Andy Chalk seems to indicate this to be the case. After all, he said:

...as PC gamers, an inherently insecure bunch to begin with...

And, it's not like he would say something so blatantly inflammatory just to ruffle feathers and start a flame war, right?

Right?

Ok, I can understand being annoyed/disappointed at a console release over just more updates. I get it. Makes sense is totally ok.

What I have trouble getting are the few of you acting like the announcement being to their facebook fans. Do you not know what facebook is for? Where should they announce it if not on their public space made for announcing things? In fact, where could they announce it without speaking directly to a majority of people who already have the PC version?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here