Dark Horse Unveils The Art of BioShock Infinite

Dark Horse Unveils The Art of BioShock Infinite

Dark Horse Comics is cooking up something pretty sweet for die-hard BioShock fans.

Launching next year in conjunction with BioShock Infinite, The Art of BioShock Infinite is, as the title suggests, an art book based on Irrational's upcoming shooter. The hardcover tome will offer fans a deeper look into the BioShock Infinite game world, with both concept art and production designs of the architecture and denizens of the flying city of Columbia.

The focus of the book will be on the main characters, Booker, Elizabeth and the Songbird, but will also give readers insight into the development of the Heavy-Hitters, the Vigors, the people of Columbia, airships, the Sky-Hook and more. The Art of BioShock Infinite will also feature a forward written by BioShock Creative Director Ken Levine.

Amazon lists the regular price of The Art of BioShock Infinite listed as $39.99, but currently has it up for $26.39. However, Amazon also lists a publication date of March 12, 2013, while Dark Horse says it will be on shelves on February 27, the day after BioShock Infinite launches. I think that's the date I'd put my money on.

Source: Dark Horse Comics

Yep, I'm buying it.
I just love the art style of the game, so no doubt I'll love this.

Oh Dark Horse, you had me at low cut bodice.

*Page loads*
PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS

I can't be the only one, surely?

I want a framed poster of that front cover.

Well, I do love artbooks. And I love Dark Horse publications (Mogworld, anyone?). And I love BioShock.

So yeah, day 1 purchase for me.

Loop Stricken:
*Page loads*

What are you talking ab--

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Well...thanks for that. I hadn't seen it. :l

Nice, but why would you buy this when you have the Internet for all bioshock infomation?

Now that i know about this I plan on getting it. If there is a Collector's Edition for Bioshock Infinite in the works I would love to see this be included.

That's actually a pretty reasonable price.

I think I'll be buying that sucker.

Loop Stricken:
*Page loads*

Oh thank GOD I'm not the only one. Look at those ridges!

Seing the art behind the creation, brings so much depth to these titles. For example, the artwork done for Lucas before filming of the original movies shaped so much of what was to come in star wars universe. These artist ability to take someones ideas and thoughts and put them to paper is truly a gift.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here