Conan O'Brien Reviews Upcoming Resident Evil 6 Demo

Conan O'Brien Reviews Upcoming Resident Evil 6 Demo

The "Clueless Gamer" gives a thumbs-up to Resident Evil 6.

First it was Minecraft, then it was Skyrim; now Resident Evil 6 is the latest game to be reviewed by Conan O'Brien on his "Clueless Gamer" segment. The RE6 demo won't be out until September 18, but Conan got an early version even though he's "the least qualified" to review the game.

Though he wasn't a huge fan of Minecraft or Skyrim, Conan fared much better in Resident Evil 6, saying "not since Pong have I dominated like this." He did find the series' backstory "way too complicated," adding, "the zombie genre should be simple." Of course, as he points out, "I don't know what I'm doing and I really don't care."

What's great about these "Clueless Gamer" segments is that they give us a chance to see what video games look like to the outside world. Things that seem completely natural to us, like using a controller or spouting the complicated history of the Resident Evil series, are totally foreign to non-gamers. There's no word on what game Conan will review next, but I'm hoping for something of the quirky Japanese variety.

Source: Team Coco

Pity they never made a joke about the logo looking like a woman sucking off a giraffe.

"Time to melt the BUTTAH!"

Kungfu_Teddybear:
Pity they never made a joke about the logo looking like a woman sucking off a giraffe.

Oh come Conan's way too classy to make a joke like that, no I'm going to watch him stare down the girl's shirt some more.

Kungfu_Teddybear:

i never saw that before. hmm.

anyway, i like these reviews. its exactly what it says in the tin (clueless gamer), and its entertaining and nice to see a fresh perspective.

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Actually, I do believe that is not a giraffe, but a Giraffe Furry.

Also, might not be a woman, might be a Dolphin Furry. Or a chick in a banana suit... those kinds of furries have some straaaaaaaange fetishes...

The thumbs up move does look kindda stupid. I really wish game developers would quit the QTE game mechanics, anyone else hate QTE like I do?

Quazimofo:

Kungfu_Teddybear:

i never saw that before. hmm.

And now you can't un-see it!

ExtraDebit:
The thumbs up move does look kindda stupid. I really wish game developers would quit the QTE game mechanics, anyone else hate QTE like I do?

EVERYONE hates QTEs unless it's a whole game aka Rhythm games.

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Wait...I don't see anything. Oh wait there's the giraffe there. And now I see it. Giraffe penis. That's one weird ass subliminal message there.

No one cares what Conan O'Brien is doing.

Seriously, no one cares.

Made me laugh! and I agree, the old I'm a super protagonist but cant get past simple obstacles or cant swim etc... is always the bane of many a gamer. Either way anytime the industry has the ability to reach a viewer base that normally isn't apart of the market spectrum is a win for the community at large.

ExtraDebit:

oh god the thumbs u animation looks hilarious

Haha, I like these segments more and more every time. And WOW, that thumbs-up animation is lousy!

Conan reviews Persona 4: Golden.

Make it happen... X)

Let me be honest... While it does have its comedic merit for the general populace (which, however, doesn't get that he isn't quite too serious, most likely), I really don't see how it has any effect on the gaming community, other than us considering him more of a fool. o.o But that might just be me ...

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Can't unsee! Dammit!

These are getting good. Hope to see more.

I thought that was painful to watch. It's like watching a video of a child trying to ride a two wheeled bike for the first time.

I couldn't watch the whole thing.

I almost spit my drink on the screen seeing that guy try to explain the RE backstory. The RE backstory is the most inconsequential, offensively stupid pile of donkey shit the world has ever known, and he's trying to explain it to Conan, who has the attention span of a goldfish.

Also, inb4 "lol he's bad at games, therefore he's a shithead lol."

Kungfu_Teddybear:

can't.....un....see....

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here